Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Do You Men Read Our Whole Profiles?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 beemancan
Msg: 101
view profile
History
Do You Men Read Our Whole Profiles?Page 5 of 57    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41)
jasminekai lol so funny

Ok I admit I am not the best speller in the world or maybe even on my block haha but I can read and I do read the whole profile. Of coures the picture is what attracts me to there profile. Like the saying goes, "you can't see personality from accross the room."

I would never message someone if I didn't read there profile 1st. I think those are the guys that think this site is for the reason to get laid.

lol jasminekai I have seen your posts on a few forums and you always make me laugh thanks hun.
 §Vixen§
Msg: 102
Do You Men Read Our Whole Profiles?
Posted: 11/7/2005 4:58:35 PM
OK, my bad. A lot of you guys do read the profiles. When i changed mine this morning I had a ton of them all day. Not at all what I was looking for. I had 60 year old men emailing me which I didn't before. I had rude comments which I didn't have before. I'm going back to my other profile with a littl left in there from the new one for you guys that don't want to read more than a few lines. Thanks for answering this thread even though some of the answers were kind fo insulting!
Vixen
 crunchberries
Msg: 103
Posted: 11/7/2005 8:56:36 PM
Yeah......Well, I would like to clear up something. At least when it comes to me, I really enjoy what is in the forums. It gives me alot of insight. Guys are funny and they sometimes just dont know how to communicate very well. I just say that I want to get to know someone. Until I do, I really have no idea how much we have in common. But it has to do with people being honest with each other. I am always willing to talk with anyone. What I cant stand, personally is people who get on this site, obviously looking for SOMETHING, but then are too snobby to respond to a simple request to get to know each other better. Guys dont make it better by coming across like cavemen and talking about panties and all that goofy crap. Man, they should have gotten that out in high school. Yet some of these guys are 50. Hey man, thats just gross, and sometimes, I have to see that stuff, so give ME a break at least. I dont want to see you in your speedo!!! At any rate, character is pretty much the key for me, and a real desire to get to know me better.
 :
Msg: 104
view profile
History
Posted: 11/9/2005 5:31:41 AM
<----- Post grad in Marketing...

The specificity of your target market is inversely proportionate to the scope of your audience;

thus, while different things are gonna work for different people, if you chose something interesting to represent you, sure it will miss a lot of people, but you will find it resonates with a lot more people then does something generic.

I personally think men are about a lot more then T & A, but then perhaps wanting a girl with a brain is more uncommon then i realize.
 jblidner
Msg: 105
Posted: 11/10/2005 11:59:28 PM
hey that was supposed to be between us Hestia!

He's either serious or he isn't... Either way it doesn't sound like you two are a match... I dont think a random dude trolling for victims.. er the next jenna jameson... should count on the stats of actuall guys out there actually looking for an actuall relationship.

Of course he didn't read your profile, your the 500th person he's "trolled" today hopeing to get just one maybe... so he can eat.
 OnTheBus
Msg: 106
Posted: 11/11/2005 6:52:54 AM

The specificity of your target market is inversely proportionate to the scope of your audience;

thus, while different things are gonna work for different people, if you chose something interesting to represent you, sure it will miss a lot of people, but you will find it resonates with a lot more people then does something generic.

I personally think men are about a lot more then T & A, but then perhaps wanting a girl with a brain is more uncommon then i realize.

I think I am going to start a small business venture on this.
 kyleW
Msg: 107
Posted: 11/11/2005 7:05:41 AM
I don't read profiles for fear that I'll learn something useful. Best to go in blind and hope for the best.

It's like one of those annoying mass mailing campaigns. Spam R Us.
 §Vixen§
Msg: 108
Posted: 11/11/2005 7:22:51 AM
My profile was quite a bit different before aylesford. I just changed it to make it easier for the reading challenged. It had more of my interests and more about myself before. I just made cleff notes instead. It seems to make no difference in the amount of emails I get. I would love to share more of myself on my profile but from what i've seen so far it doesn't matter. I'm going to get emails from people that are going to email me and that's it. I do send out emails myself so it's not like I'm depending just on my profile to meet someone.
Vixen
 HB2
Msg: 109
Posted: 11/11/2005 7:27:52 AM
I don't think they read them at all...
I do but then I'm a normal person...
 stubobb
Msg: 110
Posted: 11/11/2005 7:28:43 AM
Hell, I read profiles, that's why I hardly ever e-mail anyone.

It goes like this:

Wow, she's pretty. Hmmm, lives reasonably close. Not too tall, WOOPS! Doesn't smoke! Darn.

Or - "My hobby is working out" , she's out! I got a pot belly and an extra chin...
"I love dancing in clubs" , nope!
"I travel to Europe (Caribean, Bali, etc.) several times a year" , No way I could afford to keep up!
"I love Football!!!!", I'm not at all into sports...

"I wants a mens what is edumacated like ME, dumbies are booring!" Oooo-kaaay.

"My mate must be successful, intense, focused, goal oriented and know exactly what he wants in life and goes for it like a pitbull", Umm...I'm pretty mellow...

It's a zoo out there I tell ya!
 HB2
Msg: 111
Posted: 11/11/2005 7:30:19 AM
It's the voices in my head who wrote mine so I really don't care anymore...
 OnTheBus
Msg: 112
Posted: 11/11/2005 7:30:53 AM

Great point Stu.

I think that if we really read their profiles and gave a sh!t we would probably not be very interestd, if they werent so darn pretty
 stubobb
Msg: 113
Posted: 11/11/2005 7:43:47 AM

It's the voices in my head who wrote mine so I really don't care anymore...

Damn! You got the cool voices, mine are soooo boring.

Hey Bus!
 OnTheBus
Msg: 114
Posted: 11/11/2005 7:47:18 AM
what he meant was I really like your legs and really wish I could make you smile by being your little puppy doggie
 HB2
Msg: 115
Posted: 11/11/2005 7:49:12 AM
I like when they write:
I like your legs, they're so long you must be really tall.

My profile says I'm under 5ft
 §Vixen§
Msg: 116
Posted: 11/12/2005 4:19:31 AM
Thanks momvon. Inquiring minds and all!
LOL
 Rob_0126
Msg: 117
Posted: 1/8/2006 4:45:32 PM
I read the profiles and usually get turned off by that. Not because of not much info, but just things that we aren't compatible with. Im not an athlete but I do exercise and have recently started getting back into shape. I want to live to be 150!!!

So yeh, a lot of us read the profiles.
 Double Cabin
Msg: 118
view profile
History
Posted: 1/8/2006 5:08:42 PM
I will read a profile until I see smoething I don't like. If you start off playing the victim with "No games, cheaters, liars, etc." I listen to Ms Warwick and I Walk On By.
 bugsybears
Msg: 119
Posted: 1/8/2006 5:11:04 PM
if i am going to make a comment to someone on here, i always read their profiles to get an idea of who i am dealing with. helps give me a sense of what i am going to say to them.
 outdoorsman55
Msg: 120
Posted: 1/8/2006 5:11:33 PM
Yep I try to read a womans profile many times if I am interested in them before contacting them. Just to make sure I haven't misunderstood what they have written. Usually if I contact someone I have tried to do my homework on them and check out thier forum post if they participate in them. I feel I can learn alot from the forums about someone.
 sdcoll
Msg: 121
Posted: 1/8/2006 5:12:23 PM
well in my case i do read all profiles.sure i can send email to 300 fellow members a day but i dont....i really only email the ones that spark an intrest,i mean what else is there,i do agree that pictures do help but it doesn't tell the storie behind it.i think that alot of ladie here think that because they get a reply that it must be thats hes a perv and wants a quicki....i cant speak for the males here but i trully dont want anyone wasting my time and dont want anyone doing the same to me............but there are genuine ppl here that want to accomplish what they set out to do.imo dont be so reserved ladies after all its only an email not a stalker,just my 2 cents
 candielicker
Msg: 122
Posted: 1/9/2006 4:49:06 PM
Of course,if he is interested in you he will take the time to read just like he would take the time for you...
 legster69
Msg: 123
view profile
History
Posted: 1/9/2006 5:55:02 PM
Usually I read the whole profile. Sometimes I don't do it at first, but eventually I read the whole thing. The more into somebody I am, the more likely it will be the I will want to know as much as I can about them, so I will likely go back to the profile and finish reading what I started. I suppose, initially, I just read certain things, the important things that would have to be a match in order for us to be compatible.
 Sexy Red Head
Msg: 124
Posted: 1/9/2006 5:57:52 PM
I would think it would make for a more interesting first email instead of the usual "hey baby what are you wearing?"

Red
 Racer71
Msg: 125
Posted: 1/9/2006 6:53:43 PM
I look at the pics first and if I like them, I read the entire profile!
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Do You Men Read Our Whole Profiles?