Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Lucette325
Msg: 6
view profile
History
does anyone believe in karma?Page 2 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
I definately believe in Karma.

I just wonder why you stayed the night... did he need a ride to work in the morning or something?

Being told to shut up for the rest of the night and being ignored would have made me feel unwelcome enough to not get to the point where I may be called a **** when bumping him in his sleep. You did say ex-boyfriend, right?
 YamIhere
Msg: 9
view profile
History
does anyone believe in karma?
Posted: 11/5/2005 9:30:23 AM
I don't. But if I did, I fully realize my next life would be spent as a dung beetle.

Besides, if Karma were real, something bad would eventually happen to my ex. Instead she just keeps getting promotions and tons more money thrown at her.
 ONE2ENV
Msg: 10
Posted: 11/5/2005 11:09:58 AM
Karma Is real. You get what you give In this life. Nothing more.. Nothing less.
 Tinkle
Msg: 11
Posted: 11/5/2005 12:17:29 PM
i don't think karma has anything to do with actions, but how you are being. I person who has rotten vibes in hiself that does charity work, or does it for his own ego gratification would not get the same results as someone who does charity with better intentions. Not the action, but how you are being.

If it was based on actions, I wonder why Ron and Nicole got slaughtered and OJ got off?

OP. Ask yourself what you did to get treated the way you did by your ex.
 addictable
Msg: 12
Posted: 11/5/2005 12:28:36 PM
yep. and karma's a skinty biznatch
 DavePinFlorida
Msg: 13
Posted: 11/5/2005 1:14:11 PM
He's right.. you won't shut up!
 FrizpanBobBoecow
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 11/5/2005 11:32:16 PM
I put Karma in the same category as Luck and Religion. They are simply our way of putting order into the chaos that is life. Whether it be actions, odds, or where we came from Humans seem to need order. Simplifying the realities of life into a one word concept will not make life easier.

People are treated badly because other people don't care. Either you can make them care or you can't. That's the extent of Karma.
 am70sguy
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 11/6/2005 12:01:04 AM
The point of Karma, as with reincarnation if you would believe in such, is that life is a learning and growing experience. Not an excuse to be treated or treat others like crap.
 DavePinFlorida
Msg: 21
Posted: 11/6/2005 11:37:30 AM
Your karma ran over my dogma!
 Inkwell
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 11/6/2005 12:27:15 PM
1. Wahoozer?

2. I believe in karma but I also believe in taking things into my own hands and not waiting for karma for revenge, the Easter Bunny for eggs and Santa for material things I want.

3. By wishing for something bad to happen are you not also inviting karma?

4. In your situation, I would be more interested in whether you have brought on good karma by enduring the event than whether he has invited bad karma by what he did to you.

5. I got the impression he is NOW an EX. Wasnt when the story actually happened but not sure this is the case.
 Inkwell
Msg: 26
view profile
History
Posted: 11/7/2005 6:29:02 AM
Yes, it is the David Clayton Thomas, Blood Sweat and Tears codicil to Isaac Newtons laws of gravity
 Inkwell
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 11/7/2005 6:37:31 AM
hmmm, so let me get this right. If I believe in karma, it is ok that I dont bother to actually BUY any lottery tickets? I will win anyway? Bet the lottery people hope THAT tidbit never gets out there!
 ihateplentyoffish
Msg: 36
Posted: 10/4/2006 12:53:28 AM
Karma is not real. People who are good to other out of the goodness of their heart get shit on. That's why I stopped. Look how well it worked for Jesus.
 Internetdatingpariah
Msg: 38
Posted: 10/4/2006 8:58:03 AM
Not sure I believe. Just HOPE it's true.
 Internetdatingpariah
Msg: 39
Posted: 10/4/2006 8:59:25 AM
OP,

If I were you I'd be afraid of karma hitting YOU not HIM!
 Internetdatingpariah
Msg: 40
Posted: 10/4/2006 9:09:50 AM
missjenna closed her account
 gtomustang
Msg: 45
Posted: 3/19/2008 9:47:14 AM
I have a friend who keeps insisting on karma...and I keep explaining to her, if she dates ***holes, they will act like ***holes, and get rewarded for it. Their bad luck has nothing to do with how they treat her. they are self-focused, irresponsible, immature men. So, duh, of course they will end up with financial troubles, etc coming at them.

I can, however, predict what will happen in your relationship. your bf will call you again, b/c he knows you will always answer, no matter how he treats you. You will badger him, in an attempt to get his attention. You will try to buy it with sex. He will refuse, but not refuse to take more advantage of you, if its worth his time to do so.

You're sick of him, and he's an ex, so what's the problem? Stop offering him the milk without insisting he buy the cow first.
 mcbobly
Msg: 46
view profile
History
Posted: 3/19/2008 1:52:21 PM

When we got to his house he got real quiet and i asked him if he wanted to have sex and he said no

Why would you be messing around with your "ex" anyway, were you thinking things would be any better now that you're not together anymore?

Then i bumped him in his sleep and he said i was a ****. Do you guys think there is someone else? I asked him if there was and if he was sleeping with someone else and he said no, god! I am so sick of him and he was soooo cruel to me last nite - do you guys believe in karma and what goes around comes around? Do u think he'll get whats coming to him for being sooo horrible?

Again, why are you even around your "ex" if he treats you like that. He is an ex for a reason, why you'd be sleeping with him and offering sex is just playing with fire. You got burnt once and by the sounds of it you got burnt again. Why subject yourself to all this garbage, surely you can do better. If he is an ex then you need to leave it that way, no more offers of sex, no more sleeping over and you both need to go your separate ways and in the event he is IS seeing someone else, then you'll be less likely to get hurt later. And as far as karma goes, I am a firm believer, he'll get his one day for sure.
 mcbobly
Msg: 48
view profile
History
Posted: 3/20/2008 5:33:38 PM
^^^^ Almost what I was thinking too, hehehe, very funny carolann!
 El_Mariachi
Msg: 49
Posted: 3/20/2008 6:52:14 PM
Probably, but I must wonder what's in store for you.. too. Not because you were horrible, but because you couldn't just do a favor for him (the ride due to car in fire) and not ask to have sex.

I mean he's your ex. He probably bought you dinner for helping him out with a ride. Then you go and screw up BOTH your kind gestures by asking for sex? Makes no kinda sense.
 greenhome
Msg: 60
view profile
History
Posted: 3/22/2008 2:29:35 PM
Karma is a storey told to the children of god if you want something do it your self. Living in hope is a curse hang with people who love you
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  >