Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Do men really know what Women Want???????      Home login  
Msg: 76
Do men really know what Women Want???????Page 4 of 14    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14)
lol Maybe you don't listen.
Msg: 77
Do men really know what Women Want???????
Posted: 1/25/2006 3:07:52 AM
Msg: 78
Posted: 2/6/2006 11:18:19 PM
I think that some men know what women want.

I think some women know what they want.

and vice versa.

Women seem to like the feeling they anticipate a man in control of themselves will bring them. They like men they cannot dominate. men who calmy and playfully assert. They want the illusion of emotional risk bundled with a guarantee of emotional safety. mystery, intrigue.

Women simply want. (tease)

Women want to feel respected, heard, - not necessarily understood, but at least accepted. they would like to feel a little masculine nuture - not too much, that would be gross.

sometimes.... sometimes I think women list what they think they are looking for, instead of listing how they would like to be feeling. and , If a woman knows how she'd like to be feeling....she might sometimes tell a special person the things they are already doing that give her that feeling. or similar.

Guys like knowing what they are doing that works for the woman they are into. eg (play violin...) "Oh, Hallucitania, when you change those burnt out lightbulbs for me I feel so taken care of!!" - then we have something in our toolbox we know you like, and specifically what it does for you that will give us the great experience of feeling "appreciated not obligated".

I've usually dated older women because they are far less maintenance. they can call a spade a spade. older women seem to have an easier time communicating to men what they want. - well, to me anyways!

women want a man who will challenge them. They want the guy to be the boss. in short, - in a mans mind, women don't want to be responsible - they want US to be in control. playfully dominant while letting them feel respected, - NOT ridiculed.

Ironically, we get farther with women when we STOP respecting them and respect ourselves more. when we call women on their bull-crap. hold our ground, and especially if wer'e willing to walk away. this won't necesarily build inimacy though!!!

Women seem much more repsonsive to me when I'm borderline rude. weird. I can only shrug.

Sarbux!! - I don't know why men are hot and cold with you! I can tell you I get hot and cold when there are mixed messages.

Some women think they have special bodies that give better sex than a mans.. and that when a woman gives a man sex it means more than when he gives it. Women like this want to be dissapointed until they change their attitude.

Women are attracted to confident and playfull decent, intuitive, generous, generative men who can give themselves fully, just not all at once on the 1st date.

oh drat, I'm rambling at night again... be well.
Msg: 79
view profile
Posted: 2/6/2006 11:39:27 PM
how true! How True!
Msg: 80
Posted: 2/6/2006 11:46:12 PM
every womam is different same goes for men.
how can you know what women want as a hole.
this is a question that has no answer unless you sat and interviewed every woman on this planet ..
wich i doubt would happen
Msg: 81
view profile
Posted: 2/7/2006 1:12:49 AM
But, at least we men are more willing to admit it when we are wrong. Sometimes we have to be backed into a corner to admit it, but most will still do so. Women, on the other hand are statistically less likey to do so by a significant ratio (even accounting for the ratio of "wrong statements" to "admissions of fault") But if a woman wants to believe the the sky is down and the earth is up, she'll be more likely to fight to the death to defend her point of view, regardless how many scientists, psychologists, priests, or even God him/herself shows evidence that proves her to be wrong!
Personal experience, observation, and analysis of thousands of couples and singles, a background in debate, and having read over a thousand reseach report summaries, not to mention several hundred books on psychology/self-discovery/self-help/etc. have taught me a few things.
Men want primarily: attention. Whether that takes the form of respect, acceptance, intimacy, flirting, or prestige, it still breaks down to some form of attention. Men know this subconsciously, even if they have not figured it out enough to bring it to their conscious mind.
Women want primarily: I don't know. They don't know.
I believe it falls somewhere between excitement, security, and attention(most especially through appreciation). When a man or woman does something for a woman, it is attention. When she is helped around the house or has something fixed for her, it is attention(REF: Sensitive, Caring, Responsive, or Player). When a man is confident he acts rather than thinks, he DOES, and does it now, especially if he does it with her(REF: Badboy or Go-Getter). That is excitement. When he shows he can afford to give her material possessions and does so, this is security(REF: Rich, Player, or SugarDaddy)(sorry guys, keeping the bills paid doesn't count for as much to a woman in the security departmentas personal gifts, even though it logically should), . When she can be reasonably sure he is going to elevate her above her current situation and not going to abandon her (physically, emotionally, or financially), this is security (REF: WhiteKnightSyndrome) More so than the emotional stability, financial stabiltiy is more important to a woman. This is demonstrated by how long a woman (with or without children) will stay in an unsatisfying relationship if she is supplied financially, even if mildly to moderately neglected or abused. In fact, a woman without children who can/does make a good living is far more likely to leave such a relationship than one with children, hence financially providing for the children is a major factor.
Another simplistic (but accurate) example is had by asking the questions: How many successful couples are out there where the woman makes significantly more money than the man, even when both have equivalent prestige in their respective fields? And who is the partner that decides the relationship is not working? Inevitably, the answer is that they are far and few between because women want to be taken care of. And yup, you guessed it, it is the woman whom decides to terminate the relationship. Some of these men may be considered weak, but honestly that viewpoint is USUALLY only true in relation to the "strength" of the woman, not in relation to other successful men as it should be.
A simple and yet true point of statistics can be had to the unrealistic expectations of the White Knight Syndrome:
The percentage of the Medieval European population that were knights was extremely small, and history has shown us that they achieved that rank mainly by means that did not include deeds or strength of character as described in the Tales of King Arthur's Court. Even in that tale, Mordred and King Lot were knights of the Round Table, and they weren't that nice. Next, extrapolate the increase in the population to that of America Today. Now, multiply that increase times the European percentage of Knights. As you can see, even if you assign any number you choose, you will find that there will not be enough Knights to go around, and hence quite rare. Then ask yourself, " what qualities do you possess that would qualify you to be of the Princess Caliber, suitable to be of interest to such a noble knight?" All those with sufficient Common Sense will get the point.
Women will rail at all I have said, and that is a given. No one wants to see themselves as less than perfect, and people have a very hard time recognizing their own faults, let alone have them pointed out, or of realizing what they really are like. It takes a life time for most, and alot of people never get there by the time they die.
Please use numorous verifiable statistics and references to debunk this, if you can, otherwise, you are only stating an unsubstantiated opinion.
Msg: 82
Posted: 2/7/2006 1:26:03 AM
ok i didnt read everything .
wich isnt out of disrespect.
but what happens when you find the female that doesnt go by what the books and studies show.
all that information is useless then.
men and women can be different sometimes a like and so on.
Not all men admit things.
and there are some women that do admit there wrong.
being that its 2006.
as i got older i learnt one thing..
anything can happen.

i mean i know more honest men then honest women .
26 years of living 98% of the women i know are decieiving liars.
sad part is the other 2% i didnt know well enough to know if they where honest or not.

so i asume most women lie ALOT well use to sorta still do but try to be open minded

You could go to alberta example.
do a studie and find out there in a lil town more men lie then women.
then go to the next town find out more women lie then men.
wait a year ..hence things change and people change all the time..
go back to each town and get different findings.

this whole thread is useless.
it be the same as saying Do women really know what men want.
lol it doesnt matter .
all he or she needs to know is what there partners want ..period
Msg: 83
Posted: 2/7/2006 3:18:13 AM
so i asume most women lie ALOT well use to sorta still do but try to be open minded

One thing I know..
If i date a guy and he starts ****ing about all the women that "done him wrong"
I'm so out of there..
I want to be judged on the way I treat him..not on the performance of my predecessors.
And I'll do the same for him.
Msg: 84
Posted: 2/7/2006 6:51:37 AM
EXACTLY,why is it so hard to figure it out. WE ARE NOT A COOKIE CUTTER BREED.we are people,each his or her own person with there own ways,like dislikes,soul,and spirit of nature.we may have some same likes and interest but thats where it ends. we are all men,and they are all women,,but GOD CREATED US ALL DIFFERENT,we werent assembled at KTel Toys. I think the only way any of can be fully satisfied in every aspect,and know what each other want is to have a clone of our selves made,but of the opposite physical sex,,and wa la..happy happy people,,but thank GOD its not that way,,thats why life is like a roller coaster,and not a merigoround,,and until some folks get it.just like the merigoround,,thats all there lives will do,,go round,and round,and round,,,how dull,meaningless,and boreing..
 Lil Redneck
Msg: 85
Posted: 2/7/2006 8:50:39 AM
Well if they knew would they be here? Like really think about it. LoL
Yep had to say it. If any of us were happy would we be here?
Probably not for most I would think. Unless you employment is just really
slow and you've gotta pass time. Why else. Remember many use this site as simple
entertainment. So remember that you are entertainment for someone perhaps.
Sad but true. Yuck I know.
 Melodic Euphoria
Msg: 86
Posted: 2/7/2006 12:53:29 PM
They can learn to understand, if only a woman would tell them.
Msg: 87
Posted: 2/7/2006 1:33:50 PM
people want what they want when they want it and when we find what fills the need at that particular moment, we take it, use it for what it's worth, then throw it away. human nature! so, go with the flow. don't worry about someone else's wants, because your own may change by morning..especially in new relationships.
Msg: 88
Posted: 2/7/2006 2:23:49 PM
Each person is different .
i met men and women no different in there wants in like and met some that cant agree on anything..
then time passes and some of the people example ..people that couldnt agree on anything now agree on everything.
no women are not and object.
nor men
each person is different regardless of sex.
and just cause i said ..that most women have lied to doesnt mean i,d approach a female with that information when i,m first getting to know her.
i,d wait til we were closer and i could open up and be honest.

for the person who copied and pasted what i said in and earlier post..
and acted as if that was my approach wich the post did nothing to support her claim .
needs to learn to ask questions .
that asumption is just annoying to the point i have to explain myself in this post .
cause i dont want females who read this to think i,m a fool.
the fool was the person that asumed such nonesense.
Msg: 89
Posted: 2/7/2006 3:56:02 PM
Hell, I don't think women know what they want. Why else do they say things like "If you loved me you would know (what I want, why I'm mad, insert just about anything)" because they don't know either, and have to keep us guessing while they decide. Women are experts at emotional blackmail, so we don't really stand a chance with our less complex thinking style, which consists basically of long hours of thinking about sex, with the occasional craving for ice cold beer, food, and some kind of sports or outdoor activity. Here is something funny my friend sent me this morning that demonstrates what we are up against:

A store that sells husbands has just opened in Dallas, TX, where woman may go to choose a husband. Among the instructions at the entrance is a description of how the store operates.

"You may visit the store ONLY ONCE! There are six floors and the attributes of the men increase as the shopper ascends the flights. There is, however, a catch. You may choose any man from a particular floor, or you may choose to go up a floor, but you cannot go back down except to exit the building!"

So, a woman goes to the Husband Store to find a husband . . .

On the first floor the sign on the door reads:
Floor 1 - These men have jobs.

The second floor sign reads:
Floor 2 - These men have jobs and love kids.

The third floor sign reads:
Floor 3 - These men have jobs, love kids, and are extremely good looking.
"Wow," she thinks, but feels compelled to keep going.

She goes to the fourth floor and sign reads:
Floor 4 - These men have jobs, love kids, are drop-dead good looking and help with the housework. "Oh, mercy me!" she exclaims, "I can hardly stand it!"

Still, she goes to the fifth floor and sign reads:
Floor 5 - These men have jobs, love kids, are drop-dead gorgeous, help with the housework, and have a strong romantic streak.

She is so tempted to stay, but she goes to the sixth floor and the sign reads:
Floor 6 - You are visitor 31,456,012 to this floor. There are no men on this floor. This floor exists solely as proof that women are impossible to please. Thank you for shopping the Husband Store.
Msg: 90
Posted: 2/7/2006 4:52:07 PM
million dollar question...i'm guessing that women want the same thing that men want. to be loved, respected, charished, appreciated. to give them strength/comfort during difficult times. someone that shares your dreams for the future and works with you toward making that future a reality....and everything else that comes with a relationship that both parties are committed to making it work. if i'm wrong...guess i'll be single for the rest of my life!!!!
Msg: 91
view profile
Posted: 2/7/2006 6:50:12 PM
Why do some men have a problem figuring out what the woman in their life wants?

Quite often it is for the same reason the Greyhounds at the track cannot catch the rabbit. LOL
Msg: 92
Posted: 2/7/2006 7:06:24 PM
My feelings on the subject is: NEVER TRY TO UNDERSTAND A WOMAN, FOR WE DON'T EVEN UNDERSTAND OURSELVES, but the key is, to be understanding of that...........and love her for who she is.....for the woman you fell for in the first place.........
Msg: 93
view profile
Posted: 2/7/2006 7:13:41 PM
yeah women want money, jewlery, fancy clothing, good looking man with muscles and big feet. women are shallow creatures.
Msg: 94
Posted: 2/7/2006 7:42:44 PM
98% of the time i would agree with that statement but 2% of women arent so shallow
Msg: 95
Posted: 2/7/2006 8:18:30 PM
If we knew we would'nt be on this dateing service!!!!!!!!!The answer to your question is HELL NO!!
Msg: 96
Posted: 2/8/2006 10:07:58 PM
hehe, tell you what ladies.... ;)

we'll play a guessing game. - everytime I'm right about what you want, you have to give me a kiss.... and everytime I'm wrong, then well, - well I guesse then I have to give YOU a kiss instead. how's that sound?
Msg: 97
Posted: 2/9/2006 3:47:44 AM
yeah women want money, jewlery, fancy clothing, good looking man with muscles and big feet. women are shallow creatures..

You forgot chocolate..
Msg: 98
Posted: 2/9/2006 3:55:46 AM
i have no f'ing clue what women want, something to do with emotions and not being an ***hole was the last i heard.
Msg: 99
Posted: 2/9/2006 7:47:02 AM
Just like a NASCAR driver...always turning never see the beginning nor the end. Point being, we'll never know...its been pondered over the centuries, wars fought because of it, governments toppled due to it, lives lost because of it. And thats just the first date!!
Msg: 100
Posted: 3/6/2006 11:34:15 PM
Honesty would be a good start :)
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Do men really know what Women Want???????