Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 codex1977
Msg: 109
Do men really know what Women Want???????Page 4 of 14    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14)
No, we don't. That's why we ask 'em.

"waddya want?" we sez. And if they're nice, they tell us. If not, well, up a particular creek with no oars.

It's the way it be, laddies.
 jffbuis
Msg: 110
view profile
History
Do men really know what Women Want???????
Posted: 7/23/2006 1:41:32 AM
I am going to catch hell for this but please just keep in mind that I am speaking metahorically. Bear with me and read between the lines.
Ok ... Shoes .. yep I said it.
They want something comfortable, sensable, something that makes them feel sexy and or intelegent. Something functonal but also has a little wildness in them. Something that won't go out of fashon too soon.
Between the lines
They dont like to go shopping for them. They want them to last forever. Why go threw the process of breaking them in if all they do is sit in the back of the closet, become uncomfortable, unattractive, stop doing anything to improve thier looks,protect their feet. Something that eventually hurts to put on, makes them feel outdated,oldfashoned.
Even farter between the lines ... Men are "shoes".
Do not forget that there is a serious process in selection for "shoes". It's to bad there isnt a one size fits all. The evolving "shoe" that changes to fit your every need, want, desire, mood, outlook, year after year. What Women really want is to put them on and for them to last forever.
And God bless them for trying on the wrong size from time to time and wanting them to fit so badly. Some times they wear them for so long they wind up ruining their feet. Eventually all "shoes" wind up being nothing more than an old pair of comfortable flip flops.
Ok this old flip flop is done ... lol
 One_Down_A*s_Guy
Msg: 112
Posted: 7/23/2006 1:33:49 PM
jffbuis

well said, its true, all of it, it works at so many angles!
 Puppy_Love
Msg: 113
Posted: 7/23/2006 8:31:27 PM

TAWNY: Here is my question men seem to think they all know what women want but do they really?????????? Do they actually take time to think about what it is that make us tick.................WHAT DO WOMEN REALLY WANT BOYS?

The simple answer is "NO" men do not really know what women want. Each woman is unique and special, so you cannot use a cookie cutter approach. Furthermore, many women do not really know what they want themselves, which makes it impossible to know what they want.

Puppy Love
 shiloh44
Msg: 114
Posted: 7/27/2006 6:06:06 PM
Well if he is a real man he will ask what i want and in return he will get an exact answer SO ASK LOL
shiloh
 daisie
Msg: 115
Posted: 7/27/2006 6:17:59 PM
I want the MOON and all the stars in the sky.

And a very powerful telescope so I can keep an eye on my property...make sure there's no trespassing or vandalism going on up there.

Gift certificate to Home Depot or Lowes is good too.
 WhatKindaGirlUTakeMeFor?
Msg: 117
Posted: 7/27/2006 7:12:44 PM
It shouldn't be what women want but what does the woman I want ...want........really depends on the person...

I think what's frustrating is finding the one you want...and giving a sh** enough to figure out what they want...or what makes them tick..

Seems these days people are so quick to move on if one thing is off........does anybody ever really take the time needed to get to know a person?
 desireworthy
Msg: 118
view profile
History
Posted: 7/27/2006 7:16:21 PM
You're so right Codex1977...women just need to come out and say exactly what it is they want and need (This applies to men too)...the guessing game takes too much out of a
relationship...men don't always know what we're thinking as well as we don't know what their
thinking about...just ask..the answer can only be YES, or NO..I can do this, or I can't
 snowy39
Msg: 119
Posted: 7/27/2006 7:31:07 PM
we have no idea, a woman told me once that what women want changes everyday. There is no hope in hell that we will ever figure out what they want and personally I think they like it that way becuase it gives them the power, well except for that one other thing that gives them power, but, after marriage they never use it anyway.
 musicalife
Msg: 120
Posted: 7/27/2006 7:33:08 PM
No, that's why they made the movie. Duh!
 shiloh44
Msg: 121
Posted: 7/30/2006 10:36:23 AM
Dont worry i know what i want lol hehehe till next time
ciao shiloh
 classact504
Msg: 122
Posted: 7/30/2006 10:38:29 AM
We want men to quit asking us what we want.
 musicalife
Msg: 123
Posted: 7/30/2006 12:31:34 PM
Read post 117. Ask yourself "Does this apply to me?"
 One_Down_A*s_Guy
Msg: 124
Posted: 8/10/2006 5:13:49 PM
Of coarse we don't , thats why we listen so good , right ?
 bourel
Msg: 125
Posted: 8/10/2006 5:31:32 PM
Sometimes they do! It's always worked to tell them what you want. I think men want to make women happy and please them. it's a lot easier for them to give you what you want if you tell then what you want. It's also very important to thank them when they give it to you. Men are amazing! I suggest you look within your self and find out if you think your worthy of having what you say you are wanting and if your willing to acknowledge the men in your life for the things they ghave givien you and how great they are.
 bourel
Msg: 126
Posted: 8/10/2006 5:34:18 PM
Sometimes they do! It's always works for me when I tell men what I want. I think men want to make women happy and to please them. It's a lot easier for men to give you what you want if you tell then what you want. It's also very important to thank them when they give it to you. Men are amazing! I suggest you look within your self and find out if you think your worthy of having what you say you are wanting and if your willing to acknowledge the men in your life for the things they have givien you and how great they are.
 bourel
Msg: 127
Posted: 8/10/2006 5:35:13 PM
Sometimes they do! It's always works for me when I tell a man what I want. I think men want to make women happy and to please them. It's a lot easier for men to give you what you want if you tell then what you want. It's also very important to thank them when they give it to you. Men are amazing! I suggest you look within your self and find out if you think your worthy of having what you say you are wanting and if your willing to acknowledge the men in your life for the things they have givien you and how great they are.
 bourel
Msg: 128
Posted: 8/10/2006 5:35:33 PM
Sometimes they do! It's always works for me when I tell a man what I want. I think men want to make women happy and to please them. It's a lot easier for men to give you what you want if you tell then what you want. It's also very important to thank them when they give it to you. Men are amazing! I suggest you look within your self and find out if you think your worthy of having what you say you are wanting and if your willing to acknowledge the men in your life for the things they have givien you and how great they are.
 bourel
Msg: 129
Posted: 8/10/2006 5:36:51 PM
 cartographer
Msg: 131
view profile
History
Posted: 8/10/2006 5:53:42 PM
I've found different women want different things. The one thing that seems to be consistent, is they all want us to be quiet and not respond to complaining statements with any sign of trying to offer technical support unless it really is asked for. And to find out when they aren't sarcastic is often very difficult. They somehow want to be quiet, and ask us not to talk about ourselves at all. What are we supposed to do, both be mum until she talks each time? I don't get it, and until I do, I need a coach to show me when is the right time to open my mouth. It seems the only time that exists is when I'm on my own or giving technical support. The rest of the time "I'm sorry to hear that", and "Bon Voyage", and "Bon Apetite", and hello and good bye and thank you and please seem to be the few things I can say short of asking them how their day was like. Then when all they say is OK, I'm stuck with a flat ball, and not knowing how to pursue my investigation to know what they like or where they want to go short of asking those questions. Sure I could gossip about the weather, music, or movies, books, recipes, but that can get tiring unless you know you both have interest in talking about those things.

So 'tis a mystery as William Shakespeare would say.
 magicfingers1
Msg: 133
Posted: 8/10/2006 6:18:38 PM
What do women really want? apparently, women with a college degree want a stable husband, and the rest want...something different. While the debate muddles along the statistics continue to "tell the tale"..................................
In 2004 there were 5,080,000 unmarried couples in America.

Most younger Americans now spend some time living together outside of marriage

Over half of all first marriages are now preceded by living together, compared to virtually
none 50 years ago. (Bumpass and Lu, 2000)

Between 1960 and 2004, the number of unmarried couples in America increased by over 1200%

About a quarter of unmarried women age 25 to 39 are currently living with a partner and an
additional quarter have lived with a partner at some time in the past.

41% of American women ages 15-44 have cohabited (lived with an unmarried different-sex partner)
at some point. This includes 9% of women ages 15-19, 38% of women ages 20-24, 49% of women

In addition recently released stats show that(in the interim of the survey) a full 90% of women with college degrees
that had given birth were married....compare that to the birthrate of the un-marrieds.
(Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. "Cohabitation, Marriage, Divorce, and Remarriage in
the United States." Vital Health and Statistics Series 23, Number 22, Department of Health and
Human Services, 2002.)

The number of unmarried couples living together increased 72% between 1990 and 2000.
(U.S. Census Bureau, 2000)

The number of unmarried couples living together increased tenfold from 1960 to 2000.

Most unmarried partners who live together are 25 to 34 years old.

Slightly more than 8% of coupled households in the USA are cohabiting heterosexuals.

Women's median age at first marriage rose from 20.8 in 1970 to 26 in 2004; men's rose
from 23.2 to 27.

In 1960, there were 90 married couples for every cohabiting couple.

There is one cohabiting couple for every 12 married couples.

By the year 2010, if the present trend continues, there will be 7 married couples
for every cohabiting couple.

1 in 3 single women choose to live with their partners before
marriage, compared to 1 in 10 in the 1950's (Whitman 1997).

Living together unmarried is more prevalent on the West Coast than anywhere else in the country. About
half of married couples living in the West of all ages lived together before married. By contrast,
for example, only 25% of the couples in the South lived together (Gallup Poll, Dec. 1997)

Democrats and liberals are significantly more likely to have lived together before they got married than
Republicans and conservatives (Gallup Poll, Dec. 1997).

Cohabitation is far more common in other countries such as Sweden, Denmark, Canada and some
Latin American countries (Seltzer, 2000, Hall & Zhao, 1995).

In England, 70% of single women choose to live with their partners
before marriage, compared to just 5% in the mid-1960s.(Ciavola 1997).

In Sweden there are a little over two married couples for every cohabiting couple.

50% to 60% of couples coming for marriage in first world countries are
living together before marriage (Cherlin, 2002, Seltzer, 2000; Teachman, 2003).

More men and women are moving in together, sharing an apartment and a bed without
getting married first and doing it more openly today (Waite & Gallagher 2000:36).

Nearly 50% of those in their 20's and 30's cohabit (Bumpass & Lu 1998;
Bumpass & Sweet 1995; Sweet 1989). Cohabitation has become the normative experience today.

The median duration of cohabitation is 1.3 years (Bumpass & Lu 1998; Wu 1995).
(For an overview of the length of cohabitation of those who visit this site, see the
"Cohabiting Couples Survey" on the bottom of the Home Page.)

Long-term cohabiting relationships in America are far rarer than successful marriages
(Bumpass & Sweet 1989: 615-25).

Couples who are less educated, have a low religious orientation, and less economic resources
are more likely to cohabit (Seltzer, 2000; Amato, Johnson, Booth, & Rogers, 2003).

Low levels of religious importance/participation are related to higher levels of
cohabitation and lower rates of subsequent marriage (Markey 1999; Krishnan
1998; Lye & Waldron 1997; Thornton, Axinn & Hill 1992; Liefbroer 1991;
Sweet 1989). (For an overview of the religious faith of those who visit this web site,
(See the "Cohabiting Couples Survey " on the bottom of the Home Page.)

Cohabitation rates are 8.2% for Mormons, 20 to 24% for Protestants, 23.1% for
Catholics, 32.5% for Jews, and 44.8% for nonreligious Americans (Mims 1999).
The probability that the first union takes the form of a cohabiting arrangement is highest
for Jews and lowest for Mormons. Although a Jewish upbringing is associated with
marrying at a later age, the probability of early formation of a union, broadly, defined,
is the same for Jews and Catholics, and is only .3 points below the estimate for
mainline Protestants (Lehrer 2000).
(For an overview of the religious faith of those who visit this web site,
(See the "Cohabiting Couples Survey " on the bottom of the Home Page.)

Cohabitation rates are 4.1% for those aged 15-19, 11.2% for 20-24, 9.8%
for 25-29, 7.5% for 30-34, 5.2% for 35-39, and 4.4% for 40-44 years of age
(Natl. Center for Health Statistics, 1995). The Census Bureau finds that
cohabiting is most popular in the 24-35 age group, with 1.6 million couples.
The next highest number of couples -- 931,000 -- are in the under-25 age group.

Those not completing high school are nearly twice as likely to cohabit as those
completing college. Some 30 to 40% of college students are cohabiting at any
given time. 41% of women without a high school diploma cohabit whereas, 26%
of women with college degrees cohabit. Marriage for cohabitors is positively related
to higher levels of education and economics. (Qian 1998; Bumpass & Lu 1998;
Johnson 1996; Thornton, Axinn, Teachman 1995; Willis & Michael, 1994)
 CheckMinus
Msg: 135
Posted: 8/10/2006 6:42:44 PM
they want the perfect man... thats right... Jesus Christ the son of God
 56nomad
Msg: 136
view profile
History
Posted: 8/10/2006 6:53:24 PM
I don't think women know what they want let alone a man to try and figure them out.
 56nomad
Msg: 137
view profile
History
Posted: 8/10/2006 7:03:34 PM
right down here in good old louisiana!!!
 psyche_diver
Msg: 140
view profile
History
Posted: 8/10/2006 9:49:00 PM
As far as men knowing what women want...Freud could not figure that out after 23 years of dedicated research.

But, I believe a woman wants a man she can trust to be a man. A man she can trust enough...to allow herself to be a woman (the woman she wants to be able to allow herself to be) in his presence...and trust he will continue being a man.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  >