Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 1eastshore
Msg: 184
Girls - Would you date a guy with bad teeth?Page 11 of 11    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11)
I agree with the woman directly above me.
 ThinkPink
Msg: 185
Girls - Would you date a guy with bad teeth?
Posted: 11/8/2010 7:55:13 PM
Decay/foul breath/large gaps = deal breaker

Small gaps or slight crookedness= not a deal breaker.
 Irish Eyez
Msg: 186
Posted: 11/9/2010 3:04:40 PM
I agree with the above ^ ^

I LOVE a nice, genuine smile!
 forums1
Msg: 187
Posted: 1/9/2011 10:37:44 PM
I got dumped like 3mo's after getting a tooth pulled, it just split all the way to the root (damn was that painful!).
I'm sure it had nothing to do with it, though.
 NotElvisJunior
Msg: 188
view profile
History
Posted: 1/11/2011 7:55:02 PM
Hrm, there seems to be some confusion.

Some might say I have bad teeth. Some might say I don't.

My teeth have been yellow since adolescence. I have been using whitening toothpaste for the past 10 years continuously. They are still yellow.

My teeth were in braces for 4 years. They were straight when the braces came off, but sort of shifted back slightly, so they're somewhat crooked.

I do not have a single cavity, nor any tooth decay.

I have heard, though really want to have it confirmed, that having whitening done actually SLIGHTLY weakens the enamel, though I have heard others refute this.

So, do I have bad teeth?
 amycatfish
Msg: 189
Posted: 1/12/2011 2:50:22 PM
Makes you wonder when you see a fuzzy picture of a guy and he is not smiling in picture. Do you want to meet him? lol!
 spankygel
Msg: 190
Posted: 1/12/2011 9:28:50 PM
amen to you. it is sad that we as a society have become as u put it superficial
 browneyesboo
Msg: 191
Posted: 1/13/2011 9:44:54 AM
Obviously having teeth or not having teeth affects how you look.
How you look affects how others see you.
People can still like you and respect you if you have bad teeth.
(although most people can see a difference between poor hygiene and
bad teeth)
Doesn't mean they want to date you, kiss you or marry you.
How does that make them superficial?
 Vannili
Msg: 192
view profile
History
Posted: 1/14/2011 12:30:26 AM
I don't want to date a person with a bad teeth, it has a bad smell and it is a big turn off.

How could a person doesn't take care of his hygience, going to a Dentist for oral checkup twice a year , is paid by health insurance.
 CrazyCanuckz
Msg: 193
Posted: 1/17/2011 7:36:24 PM

(although most people can see a difference between poor hygiene and
bad teeth)

Fruitarians can have cavities that are hard to stop even when proper brushing is done. In this case, hygiene isn't the case. It's worse than eating processed sugar for some reason.

Also drinking soda can cause cavities or eat away at your teeth.

It's not always about hygiene.
 Vannili
Msg: 194
view profile
History
Posted: 1/29/2011 4:13:37 PM
Whatever the reason a person have a bad teeth (cavities still has a bad breath)whether eating fruits,drinking soda/coffee and proper brushing is not an excuse , he should see a dentist for his teeth care, I won't let him even kiss my foot or my butt, and I am not making fun of a person who has a bad teeth but sorry I am very turn off ...
 Helen0426
Msg: 195
Posted: 2/1/2011 12:07:22 AM
Replying belatedly to NotElvisJunior:

So, do I have bad teeth?

Yellow, slightly crooked, but strong and healthy? No. They may not be the most gorgeous choppers around, but bad teeth are teeth that are rotten, have empty places, and/or are really grievously malformed.

I have heard, though really want to have it confirmed, that having whitening done actually SLIGHTLY weakens the enamel, though I have heard others refute this.

Depends how thick the natural enamel is. If you've never had a cavity, yours is probably pretty thick, like mine. I've had my teeth whitened twice, and touched it up occasionally at home, and it hasn't hurt 'em any. My dentist says it's fine for most, but that you shouldn't do it more than once a year. The last time really lasted, so I haven't had it done again in a little over two years since or even touched it up. Still smooth and strong, no problems.

I recommend it - big confidence boost! It isn't so much what other people think, as that you'll look in the mirror and smile and think, "Wow, I look great!" This is a feeling that translates into pretty much everything you do. It also has the nice effect of visually diminishing any crookedness. When the teeth are whiter, it gives the illusion that they're also straighter than they may really be. Ask your dentist about it!

I would just add the caution to be careful how white you go. If they turn out whiter than the whites of your eyes, you could wind up looking jaundiced! Don't overdo it.
Msg: 196
Posted: 2/1/2011 7:15:55 AM
My niece has very weak enamel and although she brushes several times a day and flosses she has cavities.Just because someone has cavities does not mean they are a dirty pig.Now my nephew on the other hand brushes infrequently and doesn't have a cavity in his head.You can't base whether or not someone has bad hygiene based on some cavities.

Both of them see the dentist all the time.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  >