Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 belly18dancer
Msg: 70
Girls - Would you date a guy with bad teeth?Page 2 of 11    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11)
my ex fiance drank tons of mountain dew, that stuff will decay your teeth badly, he didn't seem to care...on top of that he smoked...now that was too too much...

crooked teeth are not that big a deal...

i can't stand guys who think they are gangsta rappers and get grillz...it's just stupid looking to me...i'm not impressed at all...use the gold and diamonds to make a nice piece of jewelry instead or better yet donate the money to a worthwhile cause...

i dated a guy i met at a club, i didn't even notice how bad his teeth were there since it was dark...didn't know til i got him in daylight...good looking guy...horribly nasty teeth...he said it was a european thing, but if i'm not mistaken it can be caused my crystal meth or heroin so it made me suspicious
 E.N.Flemming
Msg: 73
Girls -It Can Cost Money for Good Teeth-- Would you date a guy with bad teeth?
Posted: 11/1/2006 4:23:27 PM
I happened to see the post: "...You dont have to have $ to go to the dentist..."
I felt that I needed to post a reply. This is simply NOT THE CASE. People should understand this. Misunderstanding result from these generalizations.

In actual fact, it can, cost over $5,000 to fix teeth and gums. In some situations, it's a case of being born to the wrong parents. In my case, everyone in my family tree had false teeth, after having all their teeth pulled in their teens. I chose to keep my teeth. In todays dollars, it cost about $2,000 for gum surgery to cure chronic bad breath. Another $1,000 or so for root canal and crowns. Then $2,000 to get my teeth straightened, in order to keep food from getting wedged into the gums and starting the gum problems over again.

Before the treatment, brushing, flossing, and mouthwash were good for maybe an hour or two. Then, the sour taste in my mouth got so bad that I could not stand it myself. My repeated trips to the restroom to floss and brush my teeth caused my employer to question if I was an alcoholic. Some of my coworkers thought that I was drinking the mouthwash! (Sipping a few ounces here and there, no doubt, all day long.) I was trying to be polite, and cover up the odor with mouthwash. I guess they thought that I had alcohol on my breath.

In my case, the bacteria was too deep below the gum line for even the dental hygienist to get it out. Gum surgery under anesthesia was required. I will never forget waking up the next morning. I did not mind the pain (or spending $2,000). For the first time in my life, I did not have a sour taste in my mouth!

Be fair about it. Everyone cannot afford $5,000 to fix teeth and gums, on top of working ones way through college. If you want to date only the affluent, be fair about it, and admit to it. Don't blame the victims of the U.S.A.'s miserable excuse for a health care system.

Incidently, peroxide and baking soda, like a lot of other treatments, are no longer recommended, at least by the dentists I visit. Peroxide and baking soda might be OK for some, but others could injure their gums or tooth enamel. Toothpaste has a mild abrasive that is supposed to be a compromise-- rough enough to scrape off the bacteria film, but not so harsh as to injure gums or enamel. But your mileage may vary. Some can tolerate baking soda. Others might have some problem with toothpaste, as I did. Before the surgery, toothpaste made my gums bleed.
 marshlyn
Msg: 76
view profile
History
Girls - Would you date a guy with bad teeth?
Posted: 11/2/2006 7:34:11 AM
I can't handle bad teeth, very unhealthy and a turnoff.In this
day and age there is no excuse for poor hygene..(oops M.S.)
Your mouth is the first step to intimacy..(the kiss)
Can't afford it? There is always the credit card!
 yankeebackinthe north
Msg: 78
Posted: 11/2/2006 7:54:21 AM
You need to cut some people some slack. Some teeth are doomed no matter how much you brush. Then its easy to say DENTIST, and thats all well and good till you get laid off cause your company is driven bankrupt and you can no longer afford insurance and food and shelter are more important. Then all those thousands dollars worth of dental work you used to take for granted begin to wear out and self destruct and nothing you can do about it. Go from living large to living where people grew up without running water or electricity in this lifetime, and you might change your tune. Credit card my ars.
 yankeebackinthe north
Msg: 81
Posted: 11/2/2006 8:08:53 AM
joel, Yeah a wee bit personal. Agree with your statement, though. Where I live now, nobody has good teeth, but they cannot be blamed for it. People that think all the world has all the things they take for granted are ignorant.
 luvcats2475
Msg: 82
view profile
History
Posted: 11/2/2006 8:17:19 AM
I know a guy i am friends with since highschool, he is also friends with my niece and nephew and he had real bad teeth.. He couldn't figure out why he didn't have many dates.. We told him the truth and he didn't have coverage but he went to the dentist and now has an excellent set of choppers.. he totally has no problems getting dates now..
 marshlyn
Msg: 86
view profile
History
Posted: 11/2/2006 9:46:14 AM
YANKEEINNC....
I was Just trying to lighten the subject up a bit....

there is a program through the welfare dept. that will give you dental care.!
 1classmind
Msg: 88
view profile
History
Posted: 11/3/2006 2:18:44 AM
That is up to you if you think he is worth more than his teeth they can be fixed...insurance or not...tell him about the dental schools...they may be learning
however the cost if any is great.
 yankeebackinthe north
Msg: 89
Posted: 11/3/2006 6:27:24 AM
Let's change this to a "bad hair" thread. Votes being taken at your local electronic voting machine.
 yankeebackinthe north
Msg: 94
Posted: 11/4/2006 8:57:26 AM
For the record, there is a state program where I live for dental work for those who cannot afford it. It takes place a single day each month, and first come first serve. Also, they don't put people under, some have had to endure a lot of pain. A friend of mine, it took over 2 years to finally get accomplished. He needed someone to take him, and they went every single month at 4:30 am and many times did not get served that day, then your next chance is a month later. FYI, I finally was able to pay to go under general anesthesia cause 5 had become life threating after the crowns had self destructed. Another guy I know that grew up here had a unique solution. The first time he started to have trouble he had every single one pulled at once. Probably saved himself many thousands of dollars over his life cause it cost him a couple hundred back then. I almost wished I would have done that.
 yankeebackinthe north
Msg: 96
Posted: 11/4/2006 9:34:51 AM
Having good teeth is not that complicated; brush twice a day, visit the dentist every 6 months…it’s that easy and there is no excuse.

Maybe in a perfect world. You're right, the victim is to blame. May as well blame cancer on someone for not eating the proper foods.
Msg: 100
Posted: 11/9/2006 5:02:17 PM
Just remember no teath is not that bad, there are benefits when he is down there and as they say, once you've had gum, you just can't have some!!!
 tig53
Msg: 106
view profile
History
Posted: 11/10/2006 11:26:38 AM
NO !! It could mean Meth, it could mean a # of things. But get 'em fixed. Crooked,maybe. Mine aren't perfect. Decay-no. Guys, its all about the hygiene, know what I mean?
 Fun_Jess
Msg: 107
Posted: 11/10/2006 12:39:39 PM
not if they are gross and yellow and missing, crooked is not the greatest obvisouldy but you can't help that and I would still date someone if they kept their crooked teeth clean and their mouth was clean haha. Obviously great teeth are attractive moreso though.
 anangel4you
Msg: 117
Posted: 3/16/2007 8:58:47 PM
butterflyz33...I am so glad you wrote what you did. I am 30 yrs old and I have dentures, not because i was too lazy or didn't care to brush, but I had severe calcium deficiency, when I was little, i couldn't have milk only soy, until i was 5 or 6, and still can't handle much of it, however, I take calcium supplements. As far as going to the dentist, between my ex and I we made about 40K a year, neither of us had med. insurance through work and with kids, there isn't much left for dental bills, but I had a good friend who talked to her dentist and he arranged to have my teeth pulled and my new ones made and all I had to pay was the lab fees...he did it probono (charity). Unfortunately not everyone gets a break like that. If it hadn't been for those circumstances, I suppose my teeth would still be bad.
 Little Miss 51
Msg: 120
Posted: 3/17/2007 6:10:18 PM
NO, Absolutely not. I would be afraid he had a disease and might give it to me!
 everrett04
Msg: 124
Posted: 3/24/2007 12:10:09 PM
I have only had one GF that had cellulite so it cant be 98%, or I have just been very lucky.

As for teeth, it is like anything else on someone. If it a natural thing then it is not that big a deal if the issues are fairly minor. However signs of obvious neglect to any part of someone's body is a turn off. The more obvious the mor difficult it is to overlook.
 Shawnana67
Msg: 139
view profile
History
Posted: 12/27/2007 7:09:19 PM
Well my point of view is....if i really like the guy fall in love...then i would help him get his teeth fixed.....
shawnana67
 cowtrucker
Msg: 141
view profile
History
Posted: 12/28/2007 5:41:03 PM
As sad as it sounds, I, too, am very obsessed with a person's oral and personal hygiene. Although I absolutely Detest Dentists, I still force myself to go. I agree with most of the members, that if a potential mate has bad teeth, you know the ones, all rotted and black/yellow, then I don't think there is ANY way I can convince myself to be intimate with him. Even kissing. I just couldn't do it...

I understand bad teeth come with genetics, geographical location ie: lack of flouride in the water system, and bad hygiene habits, but I think if you want someone to get close to you, then you need to be the best that you can.

I'm not saying my mates teeth have to be movie-star perfect, but at least try to take care of them... Bad teeth aren't impossible to fix, theres cosmetic dentistry, implants, bridges, partials, and dentures if they are that bad, but to go through life and do nothing? Thats such a shame...

As far as my teeth? I have one or two in the back that I need to get a filling in, but still go to the dentist regularly to keep my smile worth showing off...

CowTrucker
Chapman, Kansas
 _GeekyGirl_
Msg: 145
Nope
Posted: 4/7/2009 10:33:50 AM
I wouldn't even go on a first date with a guy who had bad teeth - they are a deal breaker for me. When I imagine kissing him it grosses me out.
 cjnova
Msg: 150
Posted: 4/16/2009 1:32:57 PM
I met a guy on another site and his teeth looked beautiful in his pic. We went to lunch - he wore a yellow shirt - his teeth matched. Come on. I couldn't kiss that! BUT, if your friend is really into him she needs to find a tactful way to let him know. It's not like he doesn't already know anyway!
 Grechen
Msg: 155
Posted: 8/10/2009 5:36:03 PM
For myself it would be a huge deal breaker! Ohhhh, yuk!!!!
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  >