Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Should women ask a guy out on a date? And if so HOW!!!!!??      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Whatheshack
Msg: 26
Should women ask a guy out on a date? And if so HOW!!!!!??Page 2 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
@belladona Yes, I'd enjoy having a with you and ... looks like it would be fun too...

@OP see how easy it is....
 TechnoBear
Msg: 27
Should women ask a guy out on a date? And if so HOW!!!!!??
Posted: 11/8/2005 4:57:51 PM

or just hinting about it?

You could try hinting, but have you noticed the average male's ability to handle subtlety?

I need thinks made clear to me! You may end up hinting forever!
 nicemale
Msg: 28
Posted: 11/8/2005 4:57:56 PM
Go ahead!! I will answer!!! And I will be honest and open like you!!!
 brawnydog
Msg: 29
Posted: 11/8/2005 5:03:37 PM

Finally, I took a deep breath and said something silly like, "Before I introduce you to _____, can I have a chance?" I just knew he would say something like, "What?" or stutter and make excuses. Well, he surprised me. He simply said yes

That's too cool, Anna. Yeah. Someone has to act on it. Shy doesn't work well in the dating world. Good job.

moo2U
 missy_pq
Msg: 30
Posted: 11/8/2005 5:50:34 PM
Thanks, Brawny! I was proud of myself and thrilled that he said yes so readily. Look what I could've missed by being timid!
 Sniper308
Msg: 31
Posted: 11/8/2005 6:27:16 PM
"Excuse me, but I find you attractive and would enjoy a chance to know you better. Would you be interested in going out on a date with me?"

All this other bullcrap you women do, like flirting, batting your eyes, shaking your a**, et cetera, means diddly squat. If you're interested in a guy, show some guts and tell him. Otherwise, piss off.
 guapisimo
Msg: 32
Posted: 11/8/2005 6:33:40 PM
It's simple:
1)Just call him and ask him out.
2)walk up to him and ask him out.
3)Hand him your phone # through the car window and tell him to call you.

Guys love an agressive woman, and I bet you won't get turned down!
Unless he's married or has a girlfriend and 9 times out of 10 you still won't get turned down!

Just Do IT!!!

No hints.......men don't get them!!!!!!
 progress
Msg: 33
Posted: 11/8/2005 6:44:18 PM
YES!!!!! yes yes yes ask a guy out for god's sake do it! i am so sic of hearing women say 'oh i wanted him to ask me out so badly, but he didnt! boohoo!' stand up, take responsibility, go for it! women seem to enjoy being able to just sit back and let the guys come to them, but here's something for you to think about: the guys who will come up to you and talk might not be the kind of guys that you want, but they're the only ones you're gonna get if you dont take some responsibility. How? depends on situation, but a few good points to think about: 1. be brief, nothing sux more than knowing what's coming and having to wait for it, 2. be confident, this is simple, convince yourself that whether he says yes or no doesnt really matter, 3. privacy is good, try not to advertise, especially in front of his friends, 4. converse first, then drop leading questions (do you like......whateveryouwanttodoonadate....?), then suggest you do it together, 5. dont be pissed off or let it sour your expectations about ever asking a guy out again it he says no. werd
 Cuervp
Msg: 34
Posted: 11/8/2005 6:52:05 PM
First you can't make everyone happy. First ask yourself, you want to end up with the man tht is right for you, not just the one who will be OK with your choice to take action in your life and not pick from those who have the balls to approach you.

So then its simple - a man who can not handle a women asking them out is not the same man who probably respects and independant women with her own views, thoughts and opinions.

Style and Delivery IS KEY and should be altered based on the man personality - ask for me details..

I am Pisces male - and beyond all the insight natural traits, my education is in behavioral sciences and I match and read people for a living.

Hope this get you off the bench in the field - know that mastering your delivery is always a work in progress.

Daniel
 sexy_guy
Msg: 35
Posted: 11/8/2005 6:53:46 PM
piscedream, if you ask me out, I will probablly say yes. Just ask the guy if he wants to go for a coffee or something.
 Sonotafish
Msg: 36
Posted: 11/8/2005 6:56:06 PM
Yah it's pretty simple...
Hey- I'd love to go for a coffee/drink with you..
Chances are he'll be flattered
 Swiftone
Msg: 37
view profile
History
Posted: 11/8/2005 7:07:58 PM

Yah it's pretty simple...
Hey- I'd love to go for a coffee/drink with you..
Chances are he'll be flattered

Exactly.... sheesh, most of us guys would absolutely love it if more women took the initiative to ask us out. For most of us it's never easy, but it does get EASIER after a few thousand times.

Shuffle feet, try to get tongue unstuck from roof of mouth, blurt out, "...woldl youvl lik outgo coffin er something..." ....

Done.

Odds are, he'll accept.
 carribeanking7
Msg: 38
Posted: 11/8/2005 7:14:22 PM
Quote ; privacy is good, try not to advertise, especially in front of his friends,

There was this lady once who gave her number to my pal and asked me to call ,if I would like to...............he muttered something about being a postman
 Belladona
Msg: 39
Posted: 11/8/2005 8:31:52 PM

I think that the guy should always ask if he can lick the lady's lip balm off. But, I don't date.

^^^ Brat....
 guapisimo
Msg: 40
Posted: 11/8/2005 8:49:23 PM
Brawnydog-
Guys wear lip balm........girls wear lip gloss!!!!!

LOL!!
 jessika2908
Msg: 41
Posted: 11/8/2005 8:53:23 PM
LOL This is how I did it, there is this guy I was interested in that came to one of my jobs. Well, he is a big Michigan fan and I am well, a huge OSU fan. Anyone that knows football knows they are rivals. He told me that I wasn't going to like him much longer after Michigan stomps OSU. So I tell him fine you want to make a friendly little bet. He says SURE. I don't think he knew what I was about to say. I told him if Michigan wins I would take him out and if OSU wins he had to take me out. He totally agreed. LOL
 carribeanking7
Msg: 42
Posted: 11/8/2005 8:59:09 PM
Wanna taste my vanilla flavored lip balm
 gurlznotgrey39
Msg: 43
Posted: 11/8/2005 9:00:25 PM
I am a pretty shy person at times......(Shut-up to those of you that know me LOL!!J/K!) anyhow, I have asked men out, and for me the way that works is just to tell them that they have something that I admire about them, then bam...point blank I just go for it and ask.."Would you like to go out?" the worst thing they can say is...No...(Haven't had that happen yet thank goodness, otherwise I would be crushed LOL!) I don't think it is being too forward, in most cases I have found some guys were too shy to ask me out, don't know why, but how are you going to know if you don't ask right??
 piscesdream
Msg: 44
Posted: 11/8/2005 9:39:30 PM
WOW thank you everyone for responding...I need all the feedback I can get!

So the 'hinting' thing isn't good, hun? Because I already tried that...long story anyone who want to know, I will go into detail...But he never said anything.

The thing that drives me CRAZY is I always catch him looking at me. So that's gotta be a good sign right? (can you tell I haven't dated in forever?????) lol
 greenlantern
Msg: 45
Posted: 11/8/2005 9:49:53 PM
Ask away. Many time guys are unsure how to read women and are afraid of getting shot down. A guy may like you but not be comfortable asking you out because of the fear of rejection. Guys know women can basically have their pick of the litter and are sometimes afraid of being just labelled yet another guy that "hit on me". If you ask he will know u think more of him.
 SarahV
Msg: 46
Posted: 11/8/2005 9:50:56 PM
pisces your a beautiful woman . Just ask !! If you get turned down I'll eat my thong.
 Puckerdillo
Msg: 47
Posted: 11/8/2005 9:55:57 PM
Ya know if you were to walk up to a guy and say "Dude, hows about fillin' me up with nine inches of hot blue steel" 9 times out of 10 you would get a date.
 SarahV
Msg: 48
Posted: 11/8/2005 10:04:33 PM
yeah that'll work ??
Most men just don't seem to get the whole we don't screw for no reason thing unless he looks like fabio But you could be woody allen and still know how to act and find a girl responsive .
 piscesdream
Msg: 49
Posted: 11/8/2005 10:09:05 PM
Thanks I'll keep you all posted...I'm going to give it a shot on Saturday when I see him.....YIKES!! Sara, I'll let you know if there will be any thong eating! lol
 Swiftone
Msg: 50
view profile
History
Posted: 11/8/2005 10:14:29 PM

pisces your a beautiful woman . Just ask !! If you get turned down I'll eat my thong.

... surrrrrrrrrrrre, but will you post pictures to prove it?....

Put your thong where your mouth is... or... put your mouth where your thong is or...

... uhhhh..... hmmmmm
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Should women ask a guy out on a date? And if so HOW!!!!!??