Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Should women ask a guy out on a date? And if so HOW!!!!!??      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 city-kidd
Msg: 101
Should women ask a guy out on a date? And if so HOW!!!!!??Page 5 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
I love it when a women ask me out its so sexy
 DeepC
Msg: 102
Should women ask a guy out on a date? And if so HOW!!!!!??
Posted: 5/13/2006 2:41:39 PM
Yes, a woman should indeed ask a man out on a date. How? If it were me... Let him know a little about you, who you are, your name at least. Give him an honest compliment, and/or what it is about him that makes you think of him, and then ask.
 bugsybears
Msg: 103
Posted: 5/13/2006 2:48:22 PM
to me it's not the norm, but it wouldn't bother me if a woman asked me out.
 jezzeronthecoast
Msg: 104
view profile
History
Posted: 5/13/2006 2:51:12 PM
Hi.

I evidently can’t speak for all guys out there but personally I quite like to be asked out by a woman! If you like him enough to want to go out with him, why not? Saves a lot of time waiting for him to do it.

As for how, directly asking him always works for me (on the odd occasion when a woman has asked me out).
 crabstuffing
Msg: 105
Posted: 5/13/2006 2:54:27 PM
Wow, does this even need to be asked? It isn't 1950 anymore.
 annaa
Msg: 106
Posted: 5/13/2006 3:04:44 PM
well piscesdream, i would let the guy ask me out, considering i am new to all of this i think thats the way i would like it.
 MeowDude
Msg: 107
Posted: 5/13/2006 3:07:16 PM
be upfront about wanting to take them out on the town....
 Brownsugar1313
Msg: 108
view profile
History
Posted: 5/13/2006 3:11:12 PM
It's 2006 hun, girls are doing a alot of the asking and everything else....
So you like a guy and he's not making a move well here's what you do....

Assertive girl:

Walk up to him and say...."listen I'm a girl, you're a guy and to be frank I like you and something tells me that you might like me too. How about we like each over to (Add favorite java joint here) and get to know each other.....!"

Assertive girl:

Walk up to him and say, "hey, how are you doing....my name is (add name here) wanna have coffee sometime?"

Passive girl:

Sweating and going over in her head what she wants to say......"uhm.....hi......uhm (sigh)....uhm my name is (add name here)....uhm...I live across the hall......uhm (inhale...and exhale)....mypipebrokeanditotallyforgotthenumberofthesuperdouthinkthatucangiveittome.....!"

Crazy girl:

"Hey (add name here), hey...it's meeeeeeee (add name here)...OMG...I haven't seen you since (add occassion here)....OMG I used to be in love with you...I think I still am...OMG do you wanna go out some time....OMG we can go to this cute lil place over by (add place here)...we can catch up...talk about life...our wedding....our house we plan on buying and hey I have a list of baby names...wanna hear?"

marshw
Msg: 109
Posted: 5/13/2006 3:23:50 PM
Of course you should! If you like a guy, ask him out.
 bugsybears
Msg: 110
Posted: 5/13/2006 3:24:27 PM
well anna i don't think you will have many problems with guys asking you out.
 captnjimbo
Msg: 111
view profile
History
Posted: 5/13/2006 4:10:19 PM
Most guys would find it very flattering. You've been asked out, that's how. See, life can be simplified. Try try the Niki approach, Just do It!
 mashur
Msg: 112
view profile
History
Posted: 5/13/2006 5:50:28 PM
Go for it, asking him out. Women who take intiatives are intelligent, open minded. secure, assertive and fun. Good luck.
 chef84
Msg: 113
Posted: 11/14/2006 1:28:39 PM
The best thing to do is be cool about it. Just tell him you'd like to go out and do something. guys arn't that picky. they'll give it a shot, no reason not to. if you both like each other, then there's no problem. just be like, "hey would you be up to coming to my place making something to eat and watching a movie"
 Mountain_Lion
Msg: 114
Posted: 11/14/2006 4:19:56 PM
So far it's a resounding "YES!"

For those who are counting, the score is...
70 For "YES" - "Women should ask men out."
7 For "No" - "Women should not ask men out."

My response for the record is also a "Yes!" It's pretty simple really - you don't ask, it won't happen. Why wait for the man to take the initiative? (This is true for guys who are holding out too - why wait for her to ask?)

I don't know about everyone else, but the first thing that comes to my mind when I meet a woman I'm attracted to is this:

"Is she married or involved with someone?"

Sometimes I can tell by the obvious ring on the finger or by the guy "hanging" off her while giving me a nasty glare, (LOL) but in most cases it's hard to tell.

Recently I met a woman at her place of work and went back a few weeks later to ask her if she'd like to go out sometime. She walked right into my plan - it was perfect! She asked, "so what brings you around here?" My response was pretty direct. "Well, do you want a BS answer or the truth?" She said, "I think I can handle the truth." So I asked if she'd like to get together outside of her place of work sometime and she'd said "Sure!" before I even finished asking. ;)

It's good to get out of your comfort zone and take the chance!
 wwwwwhatever
Msg: 115
Posted: 11/14/2006 4:36:51 PM
It's easy. You just say, " let's go out." If that fails, tell em you're feeling rather Randy; to most guys, both mean the same... works every time.
 bucsgirl
Msg: 116
view profile
History
Posted: 11/14/2006 4:43:08 PM
Just walk up to a guy and say nice shoes wanna......meet me for a drink sometime?
Alright, I've actually taken girlfriends out to show them how to do this. You just walk up to him, wait til you catch his eye and smle and say hi, would you like to dance? This doesn't work at the grocery store, though. It helps if you're good at chatting with people, usually if a girl approaches a guy with a smile and a hi, it's easy from there.
 shinxy
Msg: 117
Posted: 11/21/2006 4:35:22 PM
Do you ask men out?

If so, what does that transmit to men? How do men feel about that? Does that destroy their egos?
 MEGA_CHULO2007
Msg: 118
Posted: 11/21/2006 7:04:07 PM
Please, I get asked out all the time. One example, they simply might mention a place that has nice food, music, drinks or just a nice place to hang out. They'd say, "We should go one day". Then it's my job as the man to take it from there and follow through 'if I'm interested'. This way she doesn't feel rejected or not because it wasn't a direct question. So basically, dropping subtle hints is very good way of initiating or asking out a guy without feeling the pressure.
 Swiftone
Msg: 119
view profile
History
Posted: 11/21/2006 10:34:36 PM
shinxy:

Does that destroy their egos?

PLEASE, tell me you were joking when you wrote that bit.....
 sarcasticgeek
Msg: 120
Posted: 1/13/2007 10:41:01 AM

This doesn't work at the grocery store, though.

sure it does, just say "hi, would you like to check out my produce?"
 tattat
Msg: 121
view profile
History
Posted: 1/13/2007 11:31:09 AM
Oh hell yea!.........This day and time....Look, all you risk is rejection, Its the same for us guys,
So go ahead and ask me out......... Pssst, Ill say yes..
 drg1301
Msg: 122
Posted: 1/13/2007 11:56:36 AM
of coure you should. As for how ? Well the honest approach generally works the best.
 bucsgirl
Msg: 123
view profile
History
Posted: 1/13/2007 12:09:54 PM
Get direct and to the point, straight line from A to B. Stand up straight, walk up to them, chat a little then get to the point! Look them in the eye, and ask if they'd like to go to _______for ____. Have a plan, have a pen and paper to get or give them your number, be prepared. Hinting and guessing is for board games and high schoolers. If you're gonna do something, at least do it well, and pfft on the results. Give it your best or forget it.
 goldtrident
Msg: 124
Posted: 1/13/2007 12:14:53 PM
This is not just a question about guys and girls, this is a question about life.

From my past, and without going into details, I have sufficient credentials to say the following:

- If you want something, don't rely on fate, kismet or a lottery ticket to bring it to you. You are responsible for your own results. If you want something, f*ckin go get it! At least TRY!

- Guys are possibly even more shy than girls, even the ones that look like Paul Gross or Matthew McConaughey. Everyone, at some moment in time, is shy -- if this shy moment happens for a guy at the same moment when you meet the guy, the ball's in your court girl.

- Any guy who would be "threatened" or turned off by a girl who expresses her interest is not a secure, confident and kind person. Do you want a relationship with that guy? Or do you want that package so much you don't care what's inside it?

- Be direct and steel yourself for a "No." Don't expect it, but don't let it get under your skin. All you're doing is taking a peek inside the package to see what kind it is, and if it already has an owner's tag. Worst case scenario: you just made some guy's day (and put yourself one step closer to finding your guy).

I know many really fantastic guys (and girls) who are partnered with below-mediocre mates. You know why? Because those girls TRIED. They *chased* these guys. They appealed to their egos. They flattered, were attentive, met their Maslow needs.

Why do these mediocre types try harder? Because they have to. Toe to toe, they could *not* measure up to you. But if they try and you don't... (!) If you want to even the score, you have to step up.

So how do you do it? One of my close friends is a very attractive former model/actress/singer. When she sees a guy who catches her eye, she walks right up to him and says very directly, "Hi. I noticed you from over there. Are you single?" (If "No": Well, I think you have a lucky girlfriend. Have a good one... If "Yes": What are you doing Friday night?)

FWIW, I personally am responsive to girls who approach me. I admire their courage and the fact that they go for what they want. At the least, I'll buy them a drink and get to know them a bit.

B
 racommander
Msg: 125
Posted: 1/13/2007 12:18:12 PM
go ahead and ask. i myself am flattered when a girl comes up to me and just starts talking.

kenny
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Should women ask a guy out on a date? And if so HOW!!!!!??