Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Should women ask a guy out on a date? And if so HOW!!!!!??      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Jana60
Msg: 97
view profile
History
Should women ask a guy out on a date? And if so HOW!!!!!??Page 6 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
I think we women should be able to ask a guy out but it is hard for anyone to risk rejection. I feel sorry for the guys because they usually have to be the ones to take the risk. In fact even when I don't find a guy extremely attractive, I would be more likely to give him a chance and see if his personally, wit, and conversation win me over if he has taken the chance of rejection by asking me out. Of course sometimes you just already know that theres just nothing in common and it's really kinder to say no.

So, YES, ask the guy out. Just don't take it as a personal reflection of your attractiveness or personal worth if he says no.
 redneckgirl52
Msg: 98
view profile
History
Should women ask a guy out on a date? And if so HOW!!!!!??
Posted: 1/1/2008 9:09:43 AM
well hon..if u like him that much..go for it..as the others say..u snooze u loose..so lol..what can he say..no...that ain't no big deal...just tell him thanks anyway...u were only joking...lmbo...
no really..in this day and time there is nothing wrong with the woman asking..in the right manner...just say hey..how about getting together ...if u really like him it is worth a shot right??
who knows he might be shy and don't like to make the first move.....
if u know him well enough to think about asking him out..u should know if he is interested in the way u want him to be and if it would offend him....
good luck
red
 genie_of_thelamp
Msg: 99
Posted: 1/1/2008 9:19:29 AM
either way scary situations , on both parts .
so really if you show interest .
start off with something like coffee ....then move on to the next round
 Notboring111
Msg: 100
Posted: 1/1/2008 9:20:18 AM
I'd.love.it....just.call.me.and.ask.me...
 mystery author
Msg: 101
Posted: 1/1/2008 2:03:51 PM
I agree with Sweeti T... I've said, "Hey, want to meet for a drink?" There's been no complaints.....I don't believe that men would find that suggestion too agressive or pushy. It still keeps the meeting light, fun and friendly. Life is too short to sit around waiting.
 Red_N_Blue
Msg: 102
view profile
History
Posted: 1/1/2008 2:15:10 PM
In my view, its should not be more that "We should meet and have a drink/coffee sometime". If he's interested, he'll pick up on that and use the opportunity, and maybe turn it into more of areal 'date'. .. If not, then you either just have that drink/coffee, or at least you know he's not interested and let it go.
 Sauder
Msg: 103
Posted: 1/2/2008 2:10:05 AM
"Hi Sauder! How are you today? I like those photos you did of ***. I'm going for coffee, care to join me?"

"Hi Sauder! How are ya? Wanna get some coffee with me?"

"Hi Sauder! I'm really hot and I just need some ice tea or I am going to die! *bat eye lashes*"

(A client of mine used this one on me about 2 weeks ago and she almost took me off the market. so much for professionalism). "I'm starving! I just have to eat something. I think I'll go to the starlight diner and eat. Do you want to come? You can if you want to".

"Sauder! You, me, food, when?"

These are just some examples of how easy it can be.
javascript:smilie('')
javascript:smilie('')
 Ashley1083
Msg: 104
Posted: 5/21/2012 8:30:57 AM
I hate to be this person, but someone above said that the guys never say "no".
If the always say yes, then how do you know of they actually want to date you, or are hoping that you'll just put out?
I may be old fashioned here, but if a woman is aggressive enough to ask the guy out, then how does the guy know if she'll be aggressive enough to close the deal sooner, so to speak?
 MutedEnthusiasm
Msg: 105
Posted: 5/21/2012 12:27:01 PM
^^^ Ask him out for lunch or some mid-day non-boozy thing. If the conversation turns to sexual matters you might let him know where you stand, in a general way – whatever feels appropriate to you.

“It’s something I enjoy in a committed relationship” works for some people, for example. Or “I wanna do ya right now” for others.
 abelian
Msg: 106
Posted: 5/21/2012 1:18:55 PM

I hate to be this person, but someone above said that the guys never say "no".

They should have qualified that statement. Guys never say no if they think you're hot. We always say no if we don't think so.

If the always say yes, then how do you know of they actually want to date you, or are hoping that you'll just put out?

You don't. That's why you talk to each other on the phone and go out on dates. I never hoped a girl would ``put out.'' I assumed that any woman who was attracted to me enough to date would want to have sex with me fairly quickly.

I may be old fashioned here, but if a woman is aggressive enough to ask the guy out, then how does the guy know if she'll be aggressive enough to close the deal sooner, so to speak?

I have always found that kissing is the best predictor of sex, so I just assumed that a woman who will kiss me will sleep with me within another date or two. So far, that's been just about 100% accurate, regardless of who asks out whom. I didn't need to know anything else.
 musical_turtle
Msg: 107
Posted: 5/21/2012 8:53:10 PM
I haven't ever asked a guy out on a date. I'm just VERY shy, and I can't do that =)
If other ladies can ask out guys, more power to them! haha
 the27thletter
Msg: 108
view profile
History
Posted: 5/23/2012 12:57:53 AM
I asked the guy I'm seeing right now out on a first date.
After a few messages back and forth on POF, I told him that I thought he was handsome and asked if I could take him up on an offer for dinner and an activity he mentioned on his profile. It was easier than I thought! Maybe it's because we had sent messages before hand? I'm not sure... things unfolded easily after that though, and I'm really glad that I said something!
I hope you will be too!
 popcultureloverguy88
Msg: 109
Posted: 8/27/2012 1:25:15 PM
it would be awesome, cool, if more women did the initiating, but i'm not gonna hold my breath for that to happen
 CaptainA.D
Msg: 110
Posted: 8/27/2012 1:56:51 PM
If guys are expected to have balls by asking out women, then i think women need to get the courage to do the same. Its 2012, anyone who comes across an individual you find interesting, ASK THEM OUT! I don't understand why this is so hard?
 CharminC
Msg: 111
Posted: 8/27/2012 2:07:23 PM
How?
here's how...

Woman; "Would you like to meet up and (offer suggestion ie; movie, dinner, a walk, etc) ?"
Man: "Sure!"

Easy Peasy
 popcultureloverguy88
Msg: 112
Posted: 8/27/2012 2:38:50 PM
it gets annoying, frustrating, on how guys get labeled pussies, weaklings, cowards, wimps, for not approaching a girl, starting a conversation and asking out, this is how I see it, just because a guy is passive, timid, shy, afraid to approach a girl and ask her out, does not mean he will be afraid to protect her, to stand up and be strong for her, because being afraid to approach and ask out, versus being afraid to protect are 2 differen things, I know I would absolutely have no problem at all protecting and standing up for a girl, I guarantee that, and if I fail to do so, she is more than welcome to dump me.
 LottieRae
Msg: 113
Posted: 8/27/2012 8:07:16 PM
For some reason it takes longer for men's balls to drop in this day and age, and with all the women's rights and such they have gotten lazy.........Depending on your interest and his as well. If you both have a place or activity in common ask him if he would like to join you then it won't seem like a date and if he doesn't show then oh well you were planing to go anyways......Make sure you know who he is before you ask there are some that lie, so filter his BS and then ask him out quick and sharp if he says no then ......on to the next one;) ...Goooood Luck
 TheDeliberateStranger
Msg: 114
Posted: 8/28/2012 12:30:26 AM
jeez.. i doubt most guys would say no even if the woman was only half decent looking. no i don't doubt i pretty much know that one.
 grove_22
Msg: 115
Posted: 8/28/2012 7:33:50 AM
Yes. Simply say "Would you like to [ insert activity ] with me?". If he says yes, then suggest a specific time and place. I think most of the time a man would say yes if he is single, a woman is at least somewhat physically attractive to him, and she doesn't have any obvious personality / behavior problems.
 Sweet_Danimal
Msg: 116
Posted: 8/28/2012 8:02:56 AM
This kind of Guy/Girl debate is as old as time. It's the same damn argument as keeping the toilet seat down. If it annoys you enough, or you really need to use it - you'll do it. If you don't want to date anybody, or keep getting losers that message you instead of the hot guys - put the damn toilet lid down and go to town. You may get a little sh*t on your hands, but that's part of the job. Welcome to the real world.
 popcultureloverguy88
Msg: 117
Posted: 8/28/2012 1:17:04 PM
Where is the god-damn logic, argument, to back up, say that being the initiator is the man's job?
 ErichWild
Msg: 118
Posted: 8/28/2012 8:15:13 PM
I am extremely turned on by a girl asking me out. I am kind of shy and have not had a whole lot of success on the dating front. So yes if you want to ask a man out ask him if he is not comfortable about it he probably was not the guy for you anyway
 popcultureloverguy88
Msg: 119
Posted: 8/29/2012 4:35:33 PM
so am I, I love aggressive, assertive girls, unfortuneately they are an extremely rare breed, so I have no choice but to adapt to the harsh reality, conditions of the social-norm, status-quo.
 LottieRae
Msg: 120
Posted: 9/18/2012 9:12:54 PM
It's called Chivalry.....;)
 Indysweetpea
Msg: 121
Posted: 9/18/2012 11:36:37 PM
Love and dating is not logical. Quit thinking it should be!
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Should women ask a guy out on a date? And if so HOW!!!!!??