Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Should women ask a guy out on a date? And if so HOW!!!!!??      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 jimmeyt
Msg: 126
Should women ask a guy out on a date? And if so HOW!!!!!??Page 6 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
why not i think its normal
 cpc28655
Msg: 127
Should women ask a guy out on a date? And if so HOW!!!!!??
Posted: 6/8/2007 8:34:35 PM
Well, my feelings are mixed on this. In a perfect world, of course it is ok. We are supposed to live in a society where men and women are equal. However, we do not live in a perfect world. Let's take a look at the big picture for a moment:

belladonna says "Personal experience: every time I ask...they say no. "shrugs" ...oh well!!"

to which whatheshack replies "Well, your asking idiots then, because any half intelligent man would not turn you down...."

Now if ANY man were to call ANY woman an idiot for turning him down........ I don't even want to think of the hell that would cause. So much for our equal society.

I could go on and on, but I will put it all in a nutshell. If a man turns down a woman for whatever reason, we tend to look down on the man. Personally, I find this a little bit discouraging.

All that being said, I think that women asking guys out is a GOOD thing. But in order for it to work, we must reexamine what is truly meant by equality.
 deliciousdebbie
Msg: 128
Posted: 6/8/2007 11:40:59 PM
if you really like a guy, they is no harm in you asking him for a date, I would but I am shy, so if you are not shy, ask him?

good luck
debbie
 blip
Msg: 129
view profile
History
Posted: 6/8/2007 11:49:08 PM
The last few dates I have been on, the girl approached me and asked me. I was kinda stunned, but I am really shy, and rarely make the first move. Of course I accepted, even just to go out as friends and play a few games of pool is fun with anyone. I think it's great when women take initiative. I think it's very endearing and brave.

@Debbie, OMG, what a sweet Camaro. Makes me really miss the one I have in Hawaii.

JD
 Hedonism
Msg: 130
Posted: 7/19/2007 4:57:25 PM
If more women were asking, I think more people would be meeting. There have been many profiles I felt intimidated about responding to and I bet there have been some women who have felt the same for mine. What if I saw a profile and she saw mine and we both didn't react? Get to work women, you asked for equality...so take it and use it.
I have yet to be officially asked out, more so a lot of beating around the bush. Just ask us .... show your intest than ask.
 smoothdevil
Msg: 131
Posted: 7/20/2007 4:54:56 PM
if you ask, what is the worst that can happen .. a little no ... end of story

and if he appreciates your effort and says yes, perhaps that will open opportunities for both of you that would have been missed.

go for it ..... bonne chance
 SOUL AND HEART
Msg: 132
Posted: 7/20/2007 5:07:37 PM
My only advice is: make sure there are signals that he likes you first. The eyes should tell you. Also if he smiles at you a lot.
Oh hell, even if there are no signs that he likes you, GO FOR IT - you got nothing to lose.
 Inocybe
Msg: 133
Posted: 7/21/2007 5:24:26 PM
anyone realize that this was orig posted in 2005? just mentioning..
 whitedahlia
Msg: 134
How to ask a guy out....
Posted: 7/21/2007 5:37:57 PM
Easy........
(M=male F=female)

F: (calls him on his cell phone) ring ring........ring ring.......
M: Hello? (after checking his caller ID)
F: Hey (insert name here), how are you doing?
M: Not bad and you?
F: Great. So, I am calling to ask if you feel like __________?
M: Uh, yeah sure!! Where do you want to go for_________?
F: Well since we both live in the 'hood, let's meet at ______________ at (insert time here)
M: Great. See you then.
M+F hang up.
See?
WD
 Random Entry
Msg: 135
view profile
History
How to ask a guy out....
Posted: 7/21/2007 5:52:03 PM
Dahlia,

We should make that a pinned post or paste it to every tenth thread in here lately plus the ask a girl/guy sections. I get sooOoo sick of hearing the question!
 pghmark14
Msg: 136
Posted: 11/12/2007 5:29:06 PM
this i feel is something that each person should judge for themselves, i for one do not mind the woman asking me out, i like women that speak what is on their minds and not just hope the guy will ask first
 stepndown3
Msg: 137
view profile
History
Posted: 11/23/2007 4:55:26 PM
to:->unocybe-> :I did notice ...
but was glad someone started it! (AND continued it)
...I've wanted to know the answers as well.
I've wanted to ask .. but was afraid to.
(((Sound familiar to anyone?)))
 2BlovedeternalE
Msg: 138
Posted: 11/24/2007 12:40:34 AM
How about . . :
' Hi there!! . . I liked your profile . . We have some things in common . .
Can we Chat, sometime . . ? '
 crayonzz
Msg: 139
Posted: 11/24/2007 3:47:30 AM
OK Piceies. I cheked your age on your profile. I thought you looked younger

There's a whole new pletheora of rape, harrassment, and stalking laws which make it technicly illegal for guys to ask women to date. Certainly asking a girl, twice in one night is quite a risky business.

And it's something that BOTH teen boys and teen girls, such as my niece, are well aware of.

She and most of her girlfriends take it for granted that they will be the ones to do most of the asking when it comes to dating.

I can't git you any advice on HOW to ask the guys any more than the girls can give me any adviceon how to ask the girls.
All I can do is tell you that, if you get knocked back, it isn't your fault. He just doesn't fancy you. Thats all! Welcome to the world of true equality ladies.
 crayonzz
Msg: 140
Posted: 11/24/2007 3:53:08 AM
shinxy:

Does that destroy their egos?
PLEASE, tell me you were joking when you wrote that bit.....========
=====================================

I dont think she was but we can take this a little further to explain it properley.

A guy's approached a girl in a nightspot to ask her for a dance and the girls reaction is something like "piiss arrfff ya creep" becasue the girlfirieds (stuipd girls who are as desperate and dateless as one another) have told her "don't say yeas the first time or he wont respect you.

Then later a girl asks him if he'd like a date.

Which one do you think really destroys his ego?
 Jana60
Msg: 141
view profile
History
Posted: 11/24/2007 6:49:36 AM
I think we women should be able to ask a guy out but it is hard for anyone to risk rejection. I feel sorry for the guys because they usually have to be the ones to take the risk. In fact even when I don't find a guy extremely attractive, I would be more likely to give him a chance and see if his personally, wit, and conversation win me over if he has taken the chance of rejection by asking me out. Of course sometimes you just already know that theres just nothing in common and it's really kinder to say no.

So, YES, ask the guy out. Just don't take it as a personal reflection of your attractiveness or personal worth if he says no.
 redneckgirl52
Msg: 142
view profile
History
Posted: 1/1/2008 9:09:43 AM
well hon..if u like him that much..go for it..as the others say..u snooze u loose..so lol..what can he say..no...that ain't no big deal...just tell him thanks anyway...u were only joking...lmbo...
no really..in this day and time there is nothing wrong with the woman asking..in the right manner...just say hey..how about getting together ...if u really like him it is worth a shot right??
who knows he might be shy and don't like to make the first move.....
if u know him well enough to think about asking him out..u should know if he is interested in the way u want him to be and if it would offend him....
good luck
red
 genie_of_thelamp
Msg: 143
Posted: 1/1/2008 9:19:29 AM
either way scary situations , on both parts .
so really if you show interest .
start off with something like coffee ....then move on to the next round
 Notboring111
Msg: 144
Posted: 1/1/2008 9:20:18 AM
I'd.love.it....just.call.me.and.ask.me...
 mystery author
Msg: 145
Posted: 1/1/2008 2:03:51 PM
I agree with Sweeti T... I've said, "Hey, want to meet for a drink?" There's been no complaints.....I don't believe that men would find that suggestion too agressive or pushy. It still keeps the meeting light, fun and friendly. Life is too short to sit around waiting.
 Red_N_Blue
Msg: 146
view profile
History
Posted: 1/1/2008 2:15:10 PM
In my view, its should not be more that "We should meet and have a drink/coffee sometime". If he's interested, he'll pick up on that and use the opportunity, and maybe turn it into more of areal 'date'. .. If not, then you either just have that drink/coffee, or at least you know he's not interested and let it go.
 Sauder
Msg: 147
Posted: 1/2/2008 2:10:05 AM
"Hi Sauder! How are you today? I like those photos you did of ***. I'm going for coffee, care to join me?"

"Hi Sauder! How are ya? Wanna get some coffee with me?"

"Hi Sauder! I'm really hot and I just need some ice tea or I am going to die! *bat eye lashes*"

(A client of mine used this one on me about 2 weeks ago and she almost took me off the market. so much for professionalism). "I'm starving! I just have to eat something. I think I'll go to the starlight diner and eat. Do you want to come? You can if you want to".

"Sauder! You, me, food, when?"

These are just some examples of how easy it can be.
javascript:smilie('')
javascript:smilie('')
 Ashley1083
Msg: 148
Posted: 5/21/2012 8:30:57 AM
I hate to be this person, but someone above said that the guys never say "no".
If the always say yes, then how do you know of they actually want to date you, or are hoping that you'll just put out?
I may be old fashioned here, but if a woman is aggressive enough to ask the guy out, then how does the guy know if she'll be aggressive enough to close the deal sooner, so to speak?
 MutedEnthusiasm
Msg: 149
Posted: 5/21/2012 12:27:01 PM
^^^ Ask him out for lunch or some mid-day non-boozy thing. If the conversation turns to sexual matters you might let him know where you stand, in a general way – whatever feels appropriate to you.

“It’s something I enjoy in a committed relationship” works for some people, for example. Or “I wanna do ya right now” for others.
 abelian
Msg: 150
Posted: 5/21/2012 1:18:55 PM

I hate to be this person, but someone above said that the guys never say "no".

They should have qualified that statement. Guys never say no if they think you're hot. We always say no if we don't think so.

If the always say yes, then how do you know of they actually want to date you, or are hoping that you'll just put out?

You don't. That's why you talk to each other on the phone and go out on dates. I never hoped a girl would ``put out.'' I assumed that any woman who was attracted to me enough to date would want to have sex with me fairly quickly.

I may be old fashioned here, but if a woman is aggressive enough to ask the guy out, then how does the guy know if she'll be aggressive enough to close the deal sooner, so to speak?

I have always found that kissing is the best predictor of sex, so I just assumed that a woman who will kiss me will sleep with me within another date or two. So far, that's been just about 100% accurate, regardless of who asks out whom. I didn't need to know anything else.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Should women ask a guy out on a date? And if so HOW!!!!!??