Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 PC2000
Msg: 32
view profile
History
she gave me wrong (fake) phone numberPage 2 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
CountrySugar.... Do you think that it is safer to give your phone number to an stranger that you meet for a few hours in a night club ? .......... at least if you meet a guy in a grocery store and you will know right from the beginning that there are very high probabilities that the person is not married... think about it.

It does not take more than 10 minutes to have an initial opinion about a person. IMO a 40+ normal woman that truly is looking for a mate is not going to restrict herself to only a few places where she will allow herself to be social. It does not make sense.

PC2000
 DrewBond007
Msg: 34
she gave me wrong (fake) phone number
Posted: 3/31/2007 9:59:41 PM
it is a womans way of saying No to you although its not a verbal no. focus on finding the one that gives you the right number. every guy i know goes through the same thing.
 Champuli Nam Pakanli
Msg: 36
Posted: 5/28/2007 4:44:59 AM
Hmmm...haven't been asked for my phone number in a while. Most guys lately have been asking for my email address - that's a safer bet, and I'm much more likely to give my correct email address, then a correct phone number.

But I like the post above, about taking out the cell phone and dialing the number as she gives it to you...puts her on the spot.
 casperella
Msg: 37
Posted: 5/28/2007 8:29:02 AM
Dude you type with a heavy accent too
 Vancer
Msg: 48
Posted: 5/28/2007 11:10:08 PM
It's best to say no upfront. I'd imagine letting someone on and having them think 'weeee, I can't wait to talk to her!' only to find out after all the hype that it was a 'no' masked as a 'yes', would suck huge.
I've been asked for my phone number once. I just shook my head.
I didn't know what to say, but I wanted them to know right away I wasn't interested.
Am I a jerk? It's the best I could think of right away.
 Truucha
Msg: 49
Posted: 5/29/2007 12:17:41 AM
I have never gotten a wrong phone number, or even NOT gotten a phone number when asked. I guess I got a 100% closure rate....lol
But you can tell right away who's interested or not, by making eye contact, furthermore you can tell if she's giving any indicators of interest while conversing with her, either she's feeling you or not, and it shouldn't be hard to tell. If not then politely exucse yourself and tell her to have a nice day. If you are, then tell her "we should hang out sometime" she'll offer the number if she's interested, and you shouldn't have to ask
 1knight1
Msg: 55
view profile
History
Posted: 5/29/2007 8:32:47 PM
Try this it works way better, get the "E-mail" instead of the "Number" this way she can block if she wants
and you don't need to sound like a silly person on the phone.
 Soul Seductive
Msg: 56
Posted: 6/5/2007 1:03:41 PM
Well from hearing women talk about this , many of them do that to spare a man's feelings...so he won't feel rejected or embarassed publicly, and some do it cause they don't know how the man will react if they are told no...some woemn tend to think a man will go psycho if he is rejected.....I myself could car less if a woman tells me no...life goes on and so do I....
 techgirl27
Msg: 57
view profile
History
Posted: 6/6/2007 9:49:48 AM
I get that all the time, not just for dates, but when they say they want me to call them regarding business. Why do people waste their time and effort (and mine) like that?? Someone tell me what the point is of that?

They have to go out of their way to think "I'm gonna con this girl" and "lets see, whats a fake number I can write down". Why not just say no thanks huh? Actually they haven't conned me at all, they've conned themselves out of a great experience!!

Oh yes, and with the personal ones, I always try to remember to call them as soon as they give it to me. Then as I watch and listen for their phone, I say "I can save your caller ID on my phone" then type their name in.

Church idea is great! Why didnt I think of that?? And I also use business cards, because they might not just call you to go out, they might just need something you sell!

algodondeazucar
Msg: 59
view profile
History
Posted: 6/12/2007 9:50:45 PM
I almost did that like a week ago, but thought better of it and instead i told this guy politely that I wasn´t intrested. Wasn´t easy though cause I see him everyday at college and all my friends encourage him to talk to me and stuff. I can´t believe my own ¨friends¨ are trying to set me up with a junkie !!! lol.
 ravenhair4u
Msg: 60
Posted: 11/30/2012 11:25:20 AM
why so many girls that i trying to pick up (in the supermarket, mall etc) give a wrong phone number? why they can't just say "no".

I did this once is my early 20's when I was being hounded by a guy. I did it b/c I was was young, & was quickly trying to get away from him as quickly as possible. I wasn't interested in him. And I didn't want to be rude, or have him ask me why I wasn't interested, etc.
 the_biggavell
Msg: 61
Posted: 12/1/2012 10:44:31 AM
You forgot to dial the number in front of them.

So you could see the look on their face. Then you could call them goofy and walk away
 OutMind
Msg: 62
Posted: 12/3/2012 12:18:50 PM
Yes, you come across as pushy.

When you are trully not pushy, they ACTUALLY want to talk to you.

I realize now that is wrong, I will not do it again I think.

Translation: "I will keep doing it, to get read of the pestering guy."

Whatever works for you.
 ana_karenina_
Msg: 63
Posted: 12/3/2012 7:58:07 PM
Unfortunately, I've done this before;lying is wrong,but it's just easier to give a fake number and leave quickly.
Some guys can't take a 'no, I'm not interested' and they get upset/angry or keep insisting to the point of begging. I like to avoid either reaction,personally. Sometimes I use the 'I have a boyfriend,sorry' line too.
 i_ski_do_u
Msg: 64
Posted: 12/3/2012 10:03:50 PM
LOL....... well I was just as bad in an opposite way; I used to collect phone numbers, but would never call.

Sometimes I use the 'I have a boyfriend,sorry' line too.
Even though I had no intention other than passing time on long flights, I’ve heard "my husband" early on in conversations. I appreciated it. It didn’t keep from talking, but it set boundaries and I have had some enjoyable conversations on long otherwise boring flights.
 FallingSnowflakes
Msg: 65
Posted: 12/3/2012 10:50:21 PM
Wouldn't the easiest solution be to hand her a calling (business) card that has YOUR information on it and then she can call you if she chooses to do so.

FSF
 grove_22
Msg: 66
Posted: 12/5/2012 6:56:16 AM
I never got a fake number. Either they said no or gave me their real number and never answered my calls / texts.
 butterfly122275
Msg: 67
Posted: 1/1/2013 3:02:23 PM
well prolly cause she doesnt wanna hurt your feelings by saying their not interested dont wanna make u feel uncomfortable...just like men wont say hey I just wanna have sex with you nothing more just sex...lol I know life would be SO much easier with honesty but it doesnt work that way unfortunately
 ArticLife
Msg: 68
view profile
History
Posted: 1/1/2013 4:17:40 PM
It's less awkward for them. You took the risk in facing rejection, the least they can do is just be honest with you, or so you'd think.
 nubeginnings64
Msg: 69
Posted: 1/1/2013 5:07:20 PM
Maybe you copied her number down with an accent & screwed it up. Or maybe your Dyslexic & jumbled the numbers each time you dial.
 larissan04
Msg: 70
Posted: 1/1/2013 8:59:55 PM
I think they aren't interested and they are trying to pull that whole "let him down easy" b.s.. They are afraid of hurting your feelings, but they end up doing just that by giving you a fake number.
 _Meta_Man_
Msg: 71
Posted: 1/1/2013 9:20:31 PM
if you are asking for phone numbers in the mall you are doing it wrong.
Next time make sure you have a sharpie with you ... and whip it out and ask her to write her number on your wee wee with a sharpie ... and explain to her that when she puts her number on there she is yours forever because no one else will want you with someone else's number on your wee wee.
 Smurph1129
Msg: 72
Posted: 1/17/2013 8:52:36 AM
I wonder how many women give out the 867-5309 number?
 baronobeefdip2
Msg: 73
Posted: 1/17/2013 4:29:52 PM
Ah the good old tradition of providing a fake phone number, This has been around since the invention of the telephone (when we finally got dialing and the operator went away) and if these kinds of girls aren't putting visine in your drink as restaurants out of the impulse of developing a hate towards men that are like you or just men in general (not saying your a bad person but some women seem to focus their hatred toward men with certain traits perhaps you resembled an ex or something). I usually just laugh and blow it off as something that could happen to anyone.
 msright78
Msg: 74
Posted: 1/17/2013 4:40:35 PM
Because when we say no, some ppl don't take that as answer and still persist.

I worked in retail, and there was this guy who tried so many times to ask me out. He wasn't the least bit attractive and I did say no to him many times. I even lied to him and said I had a bf and his answer to that was, "oh he doesn't have to know'....and I got fed up with trying to say no to his face.

And he was so persistent. He gave me his digits, I threw it away. Then the next time he came around, said why I didn't call him and stuff to even talk.

I swear, I literally started to hide if I would see him in the mall.

I'm so glad I no longer work there! And so glad to never see him again.

U have to understand, if we say no, some ppl don't take that as an answer and still persist. And that's annoying. So we resort to giving out fake numbers!

Blame the rest of the guys in the world who ruined it for u!
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >