Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Spank_Me_Honey
Msg: 324
are women leery of guys over 30 who have never been married? Page 18 of 21    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21)
So how about women over 30 who have never been married ?

In anthropological terms a woman's "value" ( child bearing capability and beauty for example ) declines rapidly after 30.

Compared too in our modern society where a mans "value" increases as he becomes better able to be a provider for the family.
 valenciacityx
Msg: 325
are women leery of guys over 30 who have never been married?
Posted: 4/18/2011 11:05:51 PM
I know when I go shopping for a car I want one that has been through an accident, or at least damaged in a fender bender. In fact any car on the lot that is new or certified .... I will not even bother with.

theres a winning pattern for ya.
" well yes, its been in a wreck but look at how it survived !" um, no.

wonderfulperson
Msg: 326
Posted: 6/19/2011 5:51:39 AM
I'm leery of guys over 40 who've never been married!!!
 Skotch
Msg: 327
view profile
History
Posted: 6/19/2011 9:09:03 AM
Engaged once, she didn't seem to think it was worth working on, so it didn't work out.

Marriage is a two way street, seems kind of odd that you'd worry about it. For me, I might notice "single" or "divorced" but I never really put any stock into it. Hell, I don't really think commitment is an issue that I'd worry about until after a number of dates. I first want to know if I'm going to get along with this gal, if she's going to get along with me, etc etc. Commitment is something you work on together, not judge someone on.
 BettieRamone
Msg: 328
Posted: 6/19/2011 9:54:27 AM
nope, at 31 I haven't married yet and it's because I haven't met the right person; I'd just assume the same about you.
 Jericho7878
Msg: 329
Posted: 6/21/2011 3:41:51 PM
I'm 31 and haven't married yet, either. Marriage is a big decision that should be thought over carefully and not rushed. I'd rather wait until a lil later on in life and have it be the right one, rather than marry early on and have it be some big mistake.
 Mr_Modular
Msg: 330
Posted: 6/27/2011 8:10:47 AM
nope, at 31 I haven't married yet and it's because I haven't met the right person; I'd just assume the same about you.

I wish more people thought like you.
 naphthyl
Msg: 331
Posted: 6/30/2011 8:26:58 PM
Depends on whether you've been in a long term relationship or not. The further you get along in age without having meaningful relationships, the more disconcerting it becomes. The issue isn't have you been married, but are you capable of sustaining a relationship.
 Sexy Blak
Msg: 332
view profile
History
Posted: 6/30/2011 9:00:40 PM
No! At least not the mature women.
 happybunny8
Msg: 333
Posted: 7/1/2011 9:54:26 AM
Sometimes I think I prefer being out of touch.....but I digress.
 Damienevil
Msg: 334
Posted: 12/20/2011 9:29:04 PM
Since I will never get married if this bothers her then she is not the right one for me.
 JOphoenix75
Msg: 335
Posted: 12/20/2011 9:56:46 PM
Yes, we are. I am a divorced woman and the first thing I think is what is wrong with him or how did he escape the programming? I am not being mean, just honest. I will tell you though just recently I reunited with a high school guy friend who has never been married. After about an hour of listening to him go on and on, just talking about himself, I realized why...very self-centered.
So, unfortunately I think most divorced women might feel that way. Not that it is right or fair by any means, because if we are divorced--we weren't exactly in a great marriage position either.
 valenciacityx
Msg: 336
Posted: 12/22/2011 2:40:53 AM
there was better response to emails and contacts when I had divorced on the profile
I think the logic goes 'Well another woman picked him, so he must not be all bad'.... but it fails in the next portion because that same woman is NO LONGER WITH THEM - so she obviously got out.
I would think it would be an indication and admission that at least once - you didnt' make it work .

(but it transfers over to the HR department too - they would rather poach talent from another company with someone that is currently employed - than interview and hire someone that is unemployed)
 TylerDurd3n
Msg: 337
Posted: 12/28/2011 1:58:55 AM
if they are , hell with them, i march to the beat of my own drummer..
 northwildwoodnjman1969
Msg: 338
Posted: 12/28/2011 5:16:30 AM

if they are , hell with them, i march to the beat of my own drummer.

Amen
 HarDayKnight
Msg: 339
Posted: 12/28/2011 7:16:49 AM
Mel Gibson just paid $400 Million to his wife in a divorce settlement that also includes half of future residuals for every film he made while still married to her. That still leaves him with a sizable fortune. Plenty of regular guys have to live like paupers after a divorce. Marriage has become a means to a financial end for too many people.

I'm leery of women who've been divorced. (Especially those who have been through multiple divorces.) Probably even more leery than women are of men who have reached certain age markers without having been married. I can see why "some" women would be less inclined to date men who are lifelong bachelors though. Strippers and prostitutes probably tend to avoid customers who aren't easily separated from their finances, as well. Not that I'm a rich man. I just can't afford to marry the wrong woman.
 PTRIOT1
Msg: 340
view profile
History
Posted: 12/28/2011 5:55:56 PM
C'mon. How can you possibly equate job experience and getting hired for a job to being married and/or having kids. Last time I checked, just about any idiot can crank out a kid, and it takes about 15 minutes to get legally married. You don't even have to be able to read the papaerwork for God's sake. Any 16 or 18 year old can do that, depending on what state you live in. As a general answer to "Why aren't you married yet...or have kids," how about that you answer, "Because I haven't met the person that is everything to me yet." Or you could always say that you didn't want to crank out another kid like any welfare rat, and you know what Birth Control is. I'm 42 and no kids/never married for precisely these reasons. I'd rather be on my own than miserable with someone else just because my biological clock is ticking.
 PTRIOT1
Msg: 341
view profile
History
Posted: 12/28/2011 5:56:52 PM
My, you are a delicate little flower. Been out of your apartment lately?
Msg: 342
Posted: 12/28/2011 6:00:44 PM
Not having been legally married means nothing.I am 37 and have never been legally married,but I have had relationships that lasted longer then some peoples marriages and was just as committed to these men as any married person.
 greenIsis777
Msg: 343
Posted: 6/1/2012 1:19:48 AM
I don't think it's weird at all. In fact, I usually would not be interested in a 30 smthg male that had been married. It makes me wonder if they were needy, looking for something to fulfill them back when they are married, or whatever. to me a guy who has not been married/has no kids shows he is responsible and his college days are behind him. plus he doesn't have that baggage. bonus!
 DragonBits
Msg: 344
Posted: 6/1/2012 4:58:49 PM
My good friend was 47 when he got married, I don't think he ever had a relationship that had lasted more than 6 months before that.

But funny thing, when he was dating we were all three out together at a lawn concert, when my friend went to get drinks his date asked me if he had any problems, why was he free and single at 47? Told her he was shy, didn't talk a lot and had been looking for the wrong sort of women in the past.

They got married and are quite happy 7 years later.

I think 30 is too young to be leery but over 40 women do wonder why you have never been married.
 SweetLilGTP
Msg: 345
Posted: 6/1/2012 5:46:58 PM

You figure by this point there would be at least ONE marriage in their past.

You figure by this point there would be at least ONE marriage in their past.

I believe what she is saying is that she is leery of anyone who waits to do it right the first time.

If I find a woman who has no divorce or children, I feel on top of the WORLD. She's probably got her sh*t together, in most ways, and is "able" to live a healthy and vibrant lifestyle. The ONLY women that likely have her beat, after going through divorce or babies, are those exceptions who worked real hard and smart OR those who raped their spouse for all kinds of support and alimony. <---I'd rather not become the next meal for "those" ones.
 wildlifelover1979
Msg: 346
Posted: 6/2/2012 3:08:55 PM
Most women just care about their college education and careers that it is so hard for any man to get a woman to settle down and marry. Plus they are so picky and today's women expect you to be physically attractive or they won't even get to know you better.
 tenn1527
Msg: 347
Posted: 6/4/2012 9:40:07 PM
I don't really care if women are leery about men in their thirties with no children. I don't want to be the guy that only gets to see his children every other weekend and holiday. I'm just old fashion I guess, or maybe it was the foundation I grew up with. My parents met when my mom was 13 and my dad was 15. Were married 4 years later in 1970, Had their first child in 1976, and are still together today. I guess my biggest fear in a relationship is that I will have what they have, and I want my children to have the same stability that I had as a child. s that too much to ask?
 forum_moderator
Msg: 348
view profile
History
Posted: 6/16/2012 5:54:28 PM
Thread closed as users don't seem to understand what "post on topic only" means.

Please go bicker elsewhere.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  >