Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 blondegreeneyedgal
Msg: 51
are women leery of guys over 30 who have never been married? Page 2 of 21    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21)
lol I thought guys had a secret rule to not get married til after they were 30? lol
 mr.classicchevy
Msg: 58
are women leery of guys over 30 who have never been married?
Posted: 2/27/2006 8:34:22 AM
I know what you all mean..It goes the same as with a woman..I am very scared of a woman that has 20 relationships with men by the time they are 30....It shows they are afraid of commentment....I go out to eat alot on the weekends and i know this waitress that has 5 kids and been married 3 times at tha age of 29....Now that is what i call a basket case...She ask me out.NOOOOOOOOOOOOO THANKS!!!!If another guy is into that then go for it(To each his own)....Personally i could careless for a woman like that...Give me a single no kid type of woman anyday...Then again i do not like drama.........I Worked hard all my life to have nice things....I be damm if i give that up to someone that likes to play hop-scotch!!!!!
 mr.classicchevy
Msg: 59
Posted: 2/27/2006 11:10:48 AM
It all dpends on what you call long term..My opinion 3 marriages and 5 kids in 10 years is not long term...That is 1 marriage a little over 3 years...That is sad...And obvously do not know in the hell what they want...I do not call going from 1 abusive realionship to the next is good..I think a person like that is better single...Then i hear people gating married 6 times...Obvously these people do not work hard or have nice things!!!
 mr.classicchevy
Msg: 65
Posted: 4/6/2006 10:17:45 AM
I agree 100%^^^^^^^^^^^But the key word is baggage/drama....You see it is a requirment for you to have in most womens eye...If you do not have it according to them your boring....It is called excitement....That is the main reason i have never been married...I go to work,pay bills.no drugs...take care of my stuff...Most women could careless about that...And again there is no shortage of women for jerks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 mr.classicchevy
Msg: 66
Posted: 4/6/2006 10:21:26 AM
I agree MR.MAGICKMAN 100%....But you know what is so ironic from her uninformed statement...The divorce rate on the 2nd marriage is even higher than the first...Now that itself makes a statement...And that is based on facts.
 mr.classicchevy
Msg: 67
Posted: 4/7/2006 4:49:13 AM
I agree^^^^^^^^^Miss sen.....
 Fifi47
Msg: 72
Posted: 4/14/2006 6:11:01 AM
If he is looking for a woman who looks a certain way i.e. (perfect as Hollywood defines it) sure I would be avoid him. If he is looking for someone who has a lot of traits that he has as a man (integrity, manners, is a lady, etc.) then he is a prize.
 guardianknight
Msg: 73
view profile
History
Posted: 5/28/2006 5:26:50 PM
I agree with blondbabync.

I am a guy oveer 30 never married. I want to be married, I want the family life, to raise a loving family, I want everything that comes with marriage. There is nothing wrong with me excpet being a little shy, a little quiet, old fashioned in heart and in values, a little passive, too nice, loyal, strong in beliefs and traditions; but then it could mean that there is something wrong in being all that and then some lol. But in any case, I must follow my path until I meet my destiny and then journey on a new path together.
 justmeinnc05
Msg: 76
Posted: 6/4/2006 8:32:32 PM
I would not want to become involved with a man over 30 that had never been married. I would feel such a man was just dating women for sex.
 sparticuss
Msg: 78
are women leery of guys over 30 ..........?
Posted: 6/5/2006 4:11:13 PM
I prefer a woman who has never been married. Face it, if she's been divorced, she has proven to be a marriage failure. If she has kids and has never been married..ewww!
============================================

There's a little more to it than this kingfisher

There's also plenty of singles around who talk about bieng happier single than married to the wrng man. but the real reason that they are single is that they simply don't know how to make a relationship work. Even a bf gf relationship let alone a marriage.

If a divorced woman has actually learned anything from the divorce, ( still a rare occurrence ) then she still has possibilites.
 sparticuss
Msg: 79
Posted: 6/5/2006 4:14:09 PM
Gentlemen. (laidies too )

Start the list. The list of quality men who were well over 30 before getting married

I will start with Bill Gates who was closer to fifty than thirty.

And add Carl Sagan and David Suzuki who were closer to forty.

Keep em coming.
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 84
Posted: 6/7/2006 7:18:24 AM
~OT~ Leary of men in their 30s-40s who have never married? No way ~ that would be hitting the dating lottery. Never married and no kids ~ woooooooo hoooooooo
 c_deacon
Msg: 85
view profile
History
Posted: 6/7/2006 7:35:18 AM
Really now????.....hmmmmmm

Would it not be better to have what you offer?????

Most would have been married at least once by 40 and have at least one child, and it does not matter if you are male or female. Both those life experiences are necessary for maturity and growth by 40.......at least I would think that.

I dated one female that at the age of 45 still took her laundry to her mother's house and was never married or had any kids. Talk about being set in your ways and a little off......lmao...

Just my opinion....
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 86
Posted: 6/7/2006 2:00:38 PM
Hey Rabid ~ haven't seen you for a few days!!! Thank you. I think that C was nicely saying that I am being hypocritical. And I am. I have been married and I have a son. The big difference, my ex isn't baggage as he's my very best friend (hell, he wants me to date ~ he's tired of me tagging along with him and my new wife-in-law!! LOL) and my son is grown. I know, without a doubt, I am NOT step-mother material. And you are right ~ I have tons of freedom and I wouldn't do well working around schedules of other people. I went against my better judgment one time ~ I dated a man with two children. I feel in love with the children and ended up breaking their hearts when I just couldn't stand him any longer. I will NOT be put in that position again. I felt that I needed to stay because of the children and I knew I couldn't stay because of him. I don't want to ever be put in that position again.
 Rabbitman49
Msg: 87
Posted: 6/7/2006 3:18:48 PM
Interestingly enough, there is one category of women who don't seem to have any hangup - in that they themselves are still single at 30+.

verygreeneyez: ...Wife-in-law!!
What an ugly term. Although it's not what you meant, I have seen this term in two other contexts, neither of which seem to apply here, but you should still be made aware of them:
1) Polygamy. Usually excommunicated Mormons in Utah.
2) Prostitution. A reference by one lady-of-the-night who regularly sleeps with her pimp to another "lady" who does the same. (I know this from my former law enforcement experience).
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 88
Posted: 6/7/2006 3:30:50 PM
Thanks for the input. In our lives, that term is very endearing. My husband's new love is my wife-in-law. She's a very welcomed part of our family and we love her dearly. I'm very familiar with poly lifestyles (poly-amorous for a correct term outside of marriage.) The term used in poly-households today is "sister-wives." Not sure how long ago another term may have been used, but it isn't used today, at least not in the circles I have knowledge of. And NO, we don't live a poly-amorous lifestyle. So I was not aware of any negative spin on the term. I'll be sure to pass this along and ask her if that makes her uncomfortable ~
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 89
Posted: 6/8/2006 3:29:01 PM

Won't date a guy who has no car
Won't date a guy who does not have a career (income is the basis)
Won't date a guy who does not listen to the the same music
Won't date a guy who has never been married
Won't date a guy who has a close relationship with his parents/parent
Won't date a guy who lacks physical attraction
Won't date a guy who is in his late 30's he is either too old, not good enough or too young
Won't date a guy who does dresses a certain way

OH MY. Well, I'm older than you Rabid ~ and we all know that story!! LMAO ~ yes, I'm a cradle robber...those damn 40 year old's just do something to me....LOL On a serious note ~ those are some crazy won'ts. Here in rural American, I understand the car thing. You can't date someone who can't get to town for dinner..LOL But, in the city ~ I didn't even take my car out of Idaho when I lived in the city...no need, I got around just fine. As for the other things you mention...other than the dress code, I think those are some strange wants or don't wants. My husband was total gangsta...that was weird. I would get off work and meet him for dinner and he looked like Puff Daddy and I looked like I just left the courtroom, it was strange ~ but it was how he was. I don't know I'd do that again, but I didn't even notice it when I first met him. He captured me ~ every cell of me ~ I don't even think I looked at his clothes, until later ~ when I started buying him clothes....LOL...he still managed to pimp-out from time to time.

I think about you and these things often. I just want to search for you. I know so many nice women that would be so happy to meet someone like you. I just have to wonder ~ what is up with these women??? I'll email you direct later. If I can find my ex-husband an amazing women, I can certainly find you one!! You're a much easier sell than he was!! LMAO!!
 Fifi47
Msg: 90
Posted: 6/8/2006 3:47:26 PM
good idea verygreeneyez, maybe we should all try to find matches for each other, since most of us have a difficult time finding them for ourselves!!
Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  >