Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > British Columbia  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 gotu
Msg: 5
The meaning of love......Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)
Love is: highly subjective but to me it is the feeling that no matter what this person/s will stand by you through all the crap. That they won't walk away (or run) when things get tough and that they will believe in you and support you. All of this in a warm fuzzy feeling inside :P

Do I believe: um hello - fairy tale knight wanted :P

What does it Mean: ^^see above^^ its tough to define since it is different for each of us.

How do I embrace it: I am a big "lover" I have many friends and a huge family all of whom I love. I tend to love easily (this goes along with trust I do that easily too) I have been hurt - who hasn't but I am a huge believer in live love laugh - so I keep on doing just that!!

How I show Love: I tell the people I love that I love them, I am a great "s'mother" without kids so look out for little notes in coat pockets etc. (all the little things), I make quilts for the people I love so they can curl up under something that I have designed and hand sewed just for them :P (old fashioned I know - but i love it)

How I know I'm Loved: I know I am loved when I am understood, when I can see it in their eyes, when I can feel it in the embrace, when I am forgiven for mistakes....not in any particular order.

There Got Love? does that answer your questions?
 Captain Sargasmo
Msg: 13
The meaning of love......
Posted: 11/9/2005 12:56:55 PM
love is a feeling you feel when you feel you're going to feel a feeling you've never felt before.

meh. i don't know...it's far too complex an emotion for anyone to ever truly understand. poets have written about it for centuries, philosophers have tried to understand it, neurosurgeons have tried to map the areas of the brain that deal with love, and psychiatrists have tried to figure out what the deal was with Freud and his mom...

all told...it's greater than all of us, and i don't think we'll ever really understand the true nature of it.
 Captain Sargasmo
Msg: 31
Posted: 11/9/2005 6:46:59 PM
wrong question.
 Páñ†hérrrrr64²°°¹™
Msg: 32
Posted: 11/9/2005 6:53:30 PM
INFERNO ROB : thanks I couldn't have summed it up any better!
BC BOY: Bible quotes always win LOL amazingly they are still so true and fit even today.

the whole quote so many of us have read at our weddings:
Corinthians 13:1-13
If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal.
If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing.
If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not love, I gain nothing.
Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.
It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.
Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.
It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away.
For we know in part and we prophesy in part,
but when perfection comes, the imperfect disappears.
When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me.
Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.
And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.
 Páñ†hérrrrr64²°°¹™
Msg: 34
Posted: 11/9/2005 7:31:24 PM
someone who knows all your faults and still loves you anyhow
 Páñ†hérrrrr64²°°¹™
Msg: 36
Posted: 11/10/2005 6:29:12 AM
Stop it Inferno Rob! That's twice now I have to agree with you,... agreeing with a man that quickly twice in a row hasn't happened in " God" knows how long lol You are creeping me out!
 myfairmaiden
Msg: 37
Posted: 11/10/2005 6:55:14 AM
inferno rob is making me cry! thats some sentimental words!
Show ALL Forums  > British Columbia  >