Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Suzi_Snowflake
Msg: 3
Why are women so clingy?Page 4 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
Maybe they just like you a lot.
 cuter_than_anyone
Msg: 4
Why are women so clingy?
Posted: 11/9/2005 11:52:23 AM
you have poor taste?

you have poor judgement?

you're making this up to give yourself a life on the internet that you don't have in the real world?
 YamIhere
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Why are women so clingy?
Posted: 11/9/2005 11:55:18 AM

Time to start a thread called "All men are morons." Because I met a moron once, and he was a man.

You really need to try to choose examples that aren’t this close to the truth. That guy was probably pretty representative of all of us.
 cuter_than_anyone
Msg: 11
Why are women so clingy?
Posted: 11/9/2005 12:50:42 PM
i think he's talking BS just like some other guy was the other day claiming all women want from him is sex.

i think they're both highly delusional or pathological liars

also, has anyone noticed how witty indigo is? and jasmine as well?
 cuter_than_anyone
Msg: 12
Why are women so clingy?
Posted: 11/9/2005 12:53:35 PM
why are men morons AND liars?
 YamIhere
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Why are women so clingy?
Posted: 11/9/2005 12:56:07 PM

why are men morons AND liars?

Natural defense mechanisms.
 cuter_than_anyone
Msg: 14
Why are women so clingy?
Posted: 11/9/2005 12:57:39 PM
sometimes i wonder if life wouldn't be easier if i could be oblivious and lie.

like a man
 YamIhere
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Why are women so clingy?
Posted: 11/9/2005 1:03:09 PM

sometimes i wonder if life wouldn't be easier if i could be oblivious and lie.

like a man

Of course it would be. Give it a try. What’s stopping you?
 cuter_than_anyone
Msg: 19
Why are women so clingy?
Posted: 11/9/2005 1:09:42 PM
uh huh. sure.

i believe most women want a serious committed relationship by the third date about as much as i believe your posts. which, i gotta tell ya, isn't much at all

and how can i, with good conscience, continue to "debate" your fantasies? that would make me an enabler.

and while we're on that subject, why do you come online to talk about all of your money and how every woman wants to marry you? looking for validation? wouldn't that make you the needy one?

of course this is just a theory.
 prolibertate
Msg: 65
Why are women so clingy?
Posted: 6/25/2006 7:32:27 PM
well, OK, I don't think I said "all" the women in the world, just all the women I have dated.

It has been my experience that women will seek to define and make a casual dating relationship an exclusive relationship with goals much much earlier than men . For me at least, it’s typically the third date, although sometimes it happens even earlier.
By the third date “most” women (I won’t say “all” so that the women who are reading this can pretend they are the exception) will ask for a definition of the relationship, and they will want a discussion on its future.
And it’s a big mistake, because naturally men are going to run when a woman this does. This is my definition of clingy and I think it’s destroyed a lot of potentially good relationships and yet I see women make the same mistake, again and again.
I started this topic only to help, since so many women ask the question, “Why are men not willing to commit?” Nine times out of ten, it’s because the woman pushed too fast and too hard.

Bit of a contradiction there...first you say you didn't say all women, and now you make a dig about 'that the women who are reading this can pretend they are the exception' - which implies you do believe all women are this way.

It's not just *some* women who can be 'clingy' - *some* men do it also, and sometimes after the first date. I don't believe either gender likes it when the other one pushes too fast or too hard and they're not at the same level yet. I also believe that much depends on what each individual does and says; for example, if one person calls a lot, talks about future dates/planes, says things such as 'I've never met anyone like you', ' where have you been all my life', introduces one to their family, etc. - and yes, this has happened by the third date - it can lead the other person to believe there's a lot more there than there really is. Also, if one person pushes for sex, the other may believe it's because they want to be exclusive. Part of the problem is that people don't talk about what they're looking for *before* they get to a certain point. Communication is key; so is listening.
 bucsgirl
Msg: 66
Jasmine read before you post
Posted: 6/25/2006 10:12:22 PM
veedub You continue to amuse.....you are good for that.
Yeah, I personally sometimes have a problem with the static cling thing. Maybe you should carry some dryer sheets with you on dates and suggest she take one with her to the ladies room and rub it on herself so she doesn't cling to you. Bet that makes the hair on your legs go wild!!
 Trishnaa
Msg: 67
Jasmine read before you post
Posted: 6/25/2006 10:14:26 PM
I was wondering where Veedub vanished.Nice to see the return of his thread.

Anyway, most women by nature are very clingy.Who knows why........

~*Flavia*~
 bucsgirl
Msg: 69
clingy bitches
Posted: 6/25/2006 11:21:45 PM
Trishnaa I've read a lot of your posts, and for your age, you have a lot more wisdom than most. But your age is showing, hon, maybe at 19 you think MOSt women are clingy, and a lot of men wish they were. But the women I know who are my age, mostly aren't. We've raised our kids alone, and done a great job, put ourselves through school and find that some of us are having to listen to the men gripe about how independent we are and how we don't need a man. The women of my generation, for the most part, not only aren't clingy, but would be insulted at anyone insinuating that. We've left abusive marriages, walked out, put our lives back together without a man even being in the picture.
And most aren't the femnazis, don't hate men, we've just learned how to step in and raise our children, accept that responsibility alone, and gone on to make our lives better than they ever were for ourselves and our children. Not intending, expecting or planning or wanting it to be that way, but that's just the way it was, so we don't whine and bellyache about it, we step in step up and do what needs to be done.
I hope you understand this at some point in your life, but women as a whole are a lot more resourceful and more resilient than most men are.
 Trishnaa
Msg: 75
clingy bitches
Posted: 6/26/2006 10:45:16 AM
"Trishnaa I've read a lot of your posts, and for your age, you have a lot more wisdom than most. But your age is showing, hon, maybe at 19 you think MOSt women are clingy, and a lot of men wish they were. But the women I know who are my age, mostly aren't. We've raised our kids alone, and done a great job, put ourselves through school and find that some of us are having to listen to the men gripe about how independent we are and how we don't need a man. The women of my generation, for the most part, not only aren't clingy, but would be insulted at anyone insinuating that. We've left abusive marriages, walked out, put our lives back together without a man even being in the picture.
And most aren't the femnazis, don't hate men, we've just learned how to step in and raise our children, accept that responsibility alone, and gone on to make our lives better than they ever were for ourselves and our children. Not intending, expecting or planning or wanting it to be that way, but that's just the way it was, so we don't whine and bellyache about it, we step in step up and do what needs to be done.
I hope you understand this at some point in your life, but women as a whole are a lot more resourceful and more resilient than most men are."

Thanks Bucsgirl , that was a really sweet thing to say. Anyway, I'm sorry if I offended you and the other women.It was not my intention at all.I was referring to teenagers and women that are a lot younger.I have seen most of them being too clingy and dependent on the guy.I've always wondered why they do that.I really don't think there is any reason to be so clingy.I honestly do not have any respect for clingy women.That's why I said what I said.But my intention was not to offend anyone.Sorry if I did.

~*Flavia*~
 element1
Msg: 78
Why are women so clingy?
Posted: 6/26/2006 11:06:35 AM
one word CoDependent
 Denis1
Msg: 81
Why are women so clingy?
Posted: 6/26/2006 12:01:37 PM
Not all girls are like that...besides, it's not really a bad thing to begin with. If the girl cares about you that much, she should let you know.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >