Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > What is it about Harley's?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Mesnafugal
Msg: 15
What is it about Harley's?Page 4 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
It's an ATTITUDE... It's a PASSION... and so very true.. if you need it explained to you then you really just don't understand.

I have never owned one but have dated guys with Harleys. My Daddy and Uncle had a harley, so I do not like... LOVE them as a status thing like some people say. There is just nothing better than being on the back of a harley.. cruising wherever your heart sends you. I date someone now with a honda and a yamaha... I do love to ride and will continue to ride either with him as long as he has them. But I'm keeping my fingers crossed that he trades them both in on.... A HARLEY!!!!

I love the smell of leather on me and my man... and feeling that horsepower under me. I enjoy being around the "biker" type people.. LOL.. does this make me a biker babe?? I sure hope so!!

Noise pollution... huh? THAT is one of the things people like about harleys... that rumbling noise, that is also why Honda and Yamaha are now making their bikes to look and sound like a harley so more people will buy them. I have two rides coming up this weekend and I am just soooooooooooooo excited. I'll be on a bike for two days.
 Mesnafugal
Msg: 16
What is it about Harley's?
Posted: 1/31/2006 1:21:05 AM
The two best things to put between my legs....

a HORSE or a HARLEY!!!! Yeeeehiiii... oh yeah...
 Mesnafugal
Msg: 17
Posted: 2/1/2006 3:04:57 AM
Hey Charlie.. I'll see you at BIke WEEK!!!
 Mesnafugal
Msg: 18
Posted: 2/1/2006 3:29:37 AM
ROFLMAO.... DO WE??? OH yeah!! And the broken spoke... Love the broken spoke!! LOL That is the only reason why I don't like riding with patch holders, they can't go into alot of bars to have fun. My ex boyfriend that I rode ALOT with got killed this past year, so it's going to be very hard on me to go this year without being with him. But, I have to move on and go forward. I get sad at some bike festivals... but hopefully I'm getting over it. I hope so because this weekend I'm going on a poker run AND a Cancer benefit ride!! Sat. and Sun my butt will be on a bike!!! Can't wait either!!
 dobey
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 2/1/2006 5:46:52 AM
Amen sister!!!! most of these walking dead out there wouldn't understand anyway!
 Mesnafugal
Msg: 20
Posted: 2/1/2006 10:56:44 PM
Would substance be guys with profiles of them half naked.. showing how beautiful they are? I'll take a biker over a exercise jock anyday.. at least they won't wreck while looking in the mirror!!
 Mesnafugal
Msg: 21
Posted: 2/1/2006 11:44:58 PM
I can pack for a week in one saddlebag.. so where are we going???? I was born ready!!! LOL
 Mesnafugal
Msg: 22
Posted: 2/2/2006 8:18:00 PM
@takingmytime

You don't know the times I've gotten on a bike and we were asking each other... "where you wanna go?" and I'm like.. hey... let's just head in a direction and stop when we get ready!!! That is what life is about, just being a little spontaneous.. and going with the flow!! I've rode from Tallahassee, FL to St. Augustine down to Jacksonville then headed up to Brunswick GA all in the same weekend stopping all along the way. Yep... sounds like fun to me!!
 c_deacon
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 2/7/2006 11:41:40 AM
I just had mine out again yesterday......This is the mildest winter that I can remember here in the foothills of Colorado. The mountains are getting hammered with snow and we are just having nice weather down in the valley.

I am all for just riding and seeing where it takes you......point the front and let it happen. I just had a nice time riding up the foothills some and stopped for some coffee in Evergreen. Was a nice gentle ride and I look forward to the next adventure on my Harley.

OT......Many, if not most, of the Harley owners are very successful and educated individuals who know how to relax and let their hair down when on the bike. We can fit in the Harley fraternity with most and are willing to help each other, get to know each other, and be understanding of all of us and what we have when we ride.....

Just my opinion.......
 Mesnafugal
Msg: 24
Posted: 2/9/2006 10:50:06 PM
Went on a poker run last weekend... Mmmmm... all that leather and chrome...
 GrayBison
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Posted: 3/4/2006 7:08:09 AM
Up here in the Pacific Northwest, Harley (also goes for Victory, Indian, and Norton) riders are all shapes, sizes, and races. Their bikes are just one common point to a lifestyle they either adhere to, or (at least on weekends) want to emulate. Freedom, black leather, tats, roadhouses, sweat. Very different from the latte and orange goretex rainsuits (reflectorized, of course) of our merlot drinking cousins riding their Gold Wings. But I don't see race as an issue here, just lifestyle.
 Mesnafugal
Msg: 26
Posted: 3/14/2006 7:29:50 PM
LOL... I'm not "foo foo" and I don't care much for "foo foo" men, just throw on some leathers and let's go!!!
 Mesnafugal
Msg: 27
Posted: 4/5/2006 10:27:56 PM
UPDATE... the guy I've been dating... got ride of the yamaha and the honda... he now has...

A HARLEY ROADKING "Firefighters Special"!!!! He's taking it this weekend to have a new seat on it which means now I'll have a back rest, and he's getting my pegs raised up so it fits better!!! OMG... this bike is beautiful and rides like a dream...He is so happy and proud of it, and I'm happy for him. Now if I can just get him off of it long enough to play in the bedroom!!!!
 Mesnafugal
Msg: 28
Posted: 4/6/2006 9:57:55 PM
Hey... I went all the way to Dothan without one on our first trip together. Also, my ex once had to have his tour pack worked on so we went on many a trip without me a back rest. Not a biggie. HEY Charlie... you forgot to update me!!!! I think you need to email me!
 Sugar*Daddie
Msg: 29
Posted: 7/7/2007 9:06:02 AM

NO maybe about it, they are a awesome bunch..
Bikers are a different breed and I just love them..

yes, we hear those stories ..some are good, some are very bad

here's another heartwarming story from another side:

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/20060412/bikers_update_060412?s_name=&no_ads=

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/20060412/kellestine_background_060412/20060413/

Wayne Kellestine..

the 'charming', 'roguish' biker who had a fit of paranoia and "offed" 8 (that's eight) of his 'bros' last summer (2006), & buried them on his farm.
 cavsoldier88
Msg: 30
Posted: 11/22/2008 5:35:27 PM
i got one of those Harley edition trucks and i love it to death...

The Harley motorcycles kick butt also....

leo
 sarniafairyboy
Msg: 31
Posted: 7/6/2010 11:51:35 AM

Hmmm isn't it funny how you say " it doesn't mean your a biker" like being a biker is the worst thing you have ever been called. I think it is strange how if you jog - you are ok being called a jogger. If you run - you are ok being a runner - etc. you get the point.

Not so sure it is a "white folk" thing since I have seen many people (not just guys) that are not white who are bikers - yes I said bikers.

You would definitely have to be a women on the back of a rattling Harley with the wind in your hair, the fresh air hitting your face and the bike between your legs before you will ever understand it completely. Don't try to understand it just get yourself another da*m bike and spread the joy.

depends on your definition of 'biker' I suppose _I think that for many people, 'biker' to them equates to 'outlaw biker' i.e. 1%er or Hells'Angels types, criminal organization.

yes, or the thrill of being on a bike and being in a collision that would have been survivable in a car, but ending up in the hospital for months with shattered bones, or maybe the morgue

I've has 2 cousins ^& 3 friends die while on motorcycles in collisions that very likely would have been survivable had they been in a car -hard for me to get into motorcycles
sometimes I ride a bicycle and that's scary enough, the rude/careless way that car drivers & bikers treat you -but at least I'm only hitting 15-25 mph, I figure I have way more time to react than if I were at 70-80 or more
 valenciacityx
Msg: 32
Posted: 7/7/2010 12:46:13 AM
been biking since I was five
grandpa is 84 and still riding this summer
I expect to do the same if I make it to that age.
I have never ridden a motorcycle to impress a woman
I cant count how many times I got the 'Its me or the bike' discussion... they are always amazed that I choose the bike, with out exception, without hesitation.
The bike was here before you, the bike will be here in spite of you, the bike will be here long after you are gone.

If you ride, you know what I mean. If you pose, you have no clue. If you dont ride, you have no say in it at all.
 sarniafairyboy
Msg: 33
Posted: 7/12/2010 10:49:01 AM

If you ride, you know what I mean. If you pose, you have no clue. If you dont ride, you have no say in it at all.

or..you'll come riding in in your leathers and fantasy Hell's Angel mode because you ride a hog , you know you're the bad azz of the badazzes, and glare at anybody, intimidate or beat them up?

how do you decree that some people have 'no say'? are we supposed to be scared because you ride a hog?

I know that's what happens to so many guys when they get on a hog -they become instant bad boys, hardazzes, at least in their own minds.

figure they can scare everyone _ : "see this hog? I could be a Hells's angel badazz you know!"
 Island home
Msg: 34
Posted: 7/13/2010 2:27:48 AM

When I lived in another town the Harley Dealership owner drove a Yamaha. I found that simply hilarious

Yamaha Warrior = Better than a Harley

But then what would I know Ive never ridden a Harley
Next choice would be Triumph Rocket
 valenciacityx
Msg: 35
Posted: 7/13/2010 10:54:00 PM

or..you'll come riding in in your leathers and fantasy Hell's Angel mode because you ride a hog , you know you're the bad azz of the badazzes, and glare at anybody, intimidate or beat them up?

how do you decree that some people have 'no say'? are we supposed to be scared because you ride a hog?

I know that's what happens to so many guys when they get on a hog -they become instant bad boys, hardazzes, at least in their own minds.

figure they can scare everyone _ : "see this hog? I could be a Hells's angel badazz you know!"

I figure you have no say in what I ride because you didnt pay for the bike
Yes I have a couple of Harley Davidsons, but my main ride is a Buell.
I have had 13 other bikes (Honda x3, Yamaha x2, kawasaki x5, suzuki x1, Hodaka x1, Cushman x1)
And if you are scared of me because I ride a bike, I think that is more of a perceptional problem of yours than a projection of mine.
 HeyJenny
Msg: 36
Posted: 7/19/2010 10:08:51 PM
They say there are two types of riders. Ones who have been in an accident and ones who haven't....yet.
 abelian
Msg: 37
Posted: 7/20/2010 6:32:46 AM
I don't get the Harley thing either. I used to own a Ninja and I can't see why I would spend more than twice as much for something with half the performace, terrible handling and the same road feel you'd get sitting in a LazyBoy recliner on wheels. I could see some attraction if Harley prices were in line with the technology and parts that go into making them, but that isn't the case.
 FrankNStein902
Msg: 38
Posted: 7/20/2010 7:03:11 AM
I don't get the Harley thing either. I used to own a Ninja and I can't see why I would spend more than twice as much for something with half the performace, terrible handling and the same road feel you'd get sitting in a LazyBoy recliner on wheels.

Back in 1989 when I bought the first Ninja ZX-7 (see profile for picture) in my area and I paid over 10K for it and many of the Harley riders I knew (including my dad) said:

Why would you pay so much money for something that you can not ride for more then an hour before your butt goes numb?

So I let the old boy take it for a spin and when he came back, he understood.

To each their own.
 Earthpuppy
Msg: 39
view profile
History
Posted: 7/21/2010 4:39:13 PM
While there remains a true contingent of Harley riders who do so for the passion and the entire mystique, from what I've seen over the years, that mistique has been co-opted significantly by rebels without a clue. People on machines beyond their capabilites are being scraped up with greater frequency. We have a huge Harley crowd turning out at many of our music venues these days. Not hard to discern between the die-hards and newbies. A lot of folks when told to "get a life" searched the internet and glommed onto the "scene" du jour. "All my friends were non-conformists, so I became one too" is aptly applied to many of the posers in the Harley, whitewater, hang-gliding, climbing, boating and other scenes. It's the road kill that is hard to watch.

PS..I was a crotch rocket, rice burner sort...
PPS..I have seen far more yuppies with Harleys than Goldwings. The uniforms are cheaper with Goldwings.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > What is it about Harley's?