Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > What is it about Harley's?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 FrankNStein902
Msg: 38
What is it about Harley's?Page 6 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
I don't get the Harley thing either. I used to own a Ninja and I can't see why I would spend more than twice as much for something with half the performace, terrible handling and the same road feel you'd get sitting in a LazyBoy recliner on wheels.

Back in 1989 when I bought the first Ninja ZX-7 (see profile for picture) in my area and I paid over 10K for it and many of the Harley riders I knew (including my dad) said:

Why would you pay so much money for something that you can not ride for more then an hour before your butt goes numb?

So I let the old boy take it for a spin and when he came back, he understood.

To each their own.
 Earthpuppy
Msg: 39
view profile
History
What is it about Harley's?
Posted: 7/21/2010 4:39:13 PM
While there remains a true contingent of Harley riders who do so for the passion and the entire mystique, from what I've seen over the years, that mistique has been co-opted significantly by rebels without a clue. People on machines beyond their capabilites are being scraped up with greater frequency. We have a huge Harley crowd turning out at many of our music venues these days. Not hard to discern between the die-hards and newbies. A lot of folks when told to "get a life" searched the internet and glommed onto the "scene" du jour. "All my friends were non-conformists, so I became one too" is aptly applied to many of the posers in the Harley, whitewater, hang-gliding, climbing, boating and other scenes. It's the road kill that is hard to watch.

PS..I was a crotch rocket, rice burner sort...
PPS..I have seen far more yuppies with Harleys than Goldwings. The uniforms are cheaper with Goldwings.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > What is it about Harley's?