Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 get_over_it
Msg: 144
And if she sleeps with you on the first date?Page 5 of 21    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21)
not to be a pig, but if it was any of the last four posters here I'd be saying "Woo hoo!!"

Very pretty girls.

But seriously, yeah its the people's business and its their problem and choice to make. Personally I like to get to know the person better. I'm in no rush for those things. If we become an item, then it will happen eventually, so why hurry it along?

But each to his own. I was never a 1st date screw kinda guy. I never was. I don't have ANYthing against people that are. None. I just like to wait until I know the girl better first. Just my preference.
 SHE-DEVIL-36
Msg: 145
And if she sleeps with you on the first date?
Posted: 1/16/2006 12:35:53 PM
Whew...this was a looooooong thread..hehe..

If a woman sleeps with a man on the first date....is not gonna matter(except with inmature boys or prudes ..which I tend to avoid anyway..hehe)....because IF the man truly likes the woman...being with her...talking to her....is attracted to her..AND...is at a point in his life where he is looking for someone and not just sex....well....he will continue seeing her whether she sleeps with him or not....if you will think back guys to those one night stands where you didnt continue seeing them....(except for the boys and prudes)......it wasnt because they slept with you...it was probably because the sex was no good..lol..or you didnt really care to hear what else they said..they were boring Except for the sex..lol....or well....you just wanted some fun.....and you want to continue playing the field a little longer....so.....Ladies...my advice......Follow your heart...if it feels right to you....and you want to....ask yourself will I regret this tomorrow?..if the answer is yes..DONT DO IT....and personally.....I am always true to me and God......although God already knows I am a little vixen..soooo......nothing to hide from him!..lol...If I REALLY REALLY WANT to.....oh yeah....I am gonna make him scream my name several times!!! hehe.

kisses...SheDevil....
 ~Mermaid~
Msg: 147
Posted: 1/16/2006 6:22:16 PM

What are you thinking of her then. Is it so hard to please a guy? You want to know that we had a good time on the date. If we did and we show you that we did, in this manner, you then think we are not worth the time or effort anymore. Why can't we just simply have sex with you the first night and more after that. Now if we held out on the first night you would call us some kind of tease but if we do you.... you don't apperciate it. WTF?

I dont really care if its the first date or the ninth date - its all about timing. When it feels right. Really as adults - there shouldn't be any judgment regarding the first date shag - like I said, if it felt right, then why hold back... DO IT!!! You just never know if you didn't or if you did!! If that all makes sense
 YEAIDID
Msg: 150
Posted: 2/1/2006 2:38:38 PM
I have had sex on the first date more than I haven't. I have never held it against any of them and still talk to most. It really is a maturity thing and there are some desires that CANT wait apparently...it is what it is.
 sddude
Msg: 154
Posted: 2/6/2006 12:47:15 PM
then I am really lucky or dreaming
 mysticalmamma
Msg: 155
Posted: 2/12/2006 3:35:27 PM
He gets the notch in his belt and goes away. Tells you back off if you call or e mail. So again damned if you do and damned if you don't. If you can keep the emotions out of it go for it. I was celibate for 5 yrs and gave it up to a one nighter it turned out. Now I wouldn't change anything about the night but the after I would change and just hang and wait for his response instead of having feelings. The damage is done and will probably never hear from the most awsome man I have ever met. Bottom line if it feels right go for it.
 who_the_fox
Msg: 163
Posted: 4/7/2006 11:25:21 PM
It means she was an idiot and thought you were worth it.
 harryv05
Msg: 166
Posted: 8/8/2006 6:02:50 AM
IF SHE DOES SHE IS NOT VERY SMART. AND WHO CARES WHAT SHE DID WITH OTHER GUYS?
 james_SF
Msg: 181
Posted: 9/20/2007 4:51:47 PM
FWIW, just about all my long term relationships were "slept with him on the first date" situations. The excitment was too much for either of us to wait.

On the other hand there have also been "slept with on the first date" situations that never went anywhere, so go figure....
 scorpiomover
Msg: 186
view profile
History
Posted: 9/21/2007 6:35:50 AM
If a guy doesn't want to sleep with YOU on the first night, you say that either he isn't attracted to you or he's gay. You don't give a man any choice to be attracted to you unless he's trying to bed you on the first date.
 becca210
Msg: 192
Posted: 9/21/2007 2:04:28 PM
In my learned (I'm old..lol) opinion, every situation is different. I waited years with my
husband...now I may have wonderful sex on the first date......especially if I've been talking
to the person for ages and we finally get a chance to meet.
We behave differently when we are young.....and we should. But at a certain point in your
life you have to make some decisions on your own and stick by them.
If it feels right in your heart (and all the other places the gal before mentioned)...go for it.
I have never had just the one date.......they have always come back. Those I didn't have
sex with......I felt and they felt that the chemistry wasn't there or that we weren't ready.
Things never play out with same with any two people..just do what you feel like but
own your decisions.
Becca
 almostavgjoe
Msg: 198
Posted: 9/27/2007 9:19:26 PM
I would assume she's an illegal alien looking for citizenship!
 sun_shine_2008
Msg: 199
view profile
History
Posted: 9/28/2007 9:20:54 AM
Sex on the first date is not a good idea as I think it defines the “relationship” in a way you don’t want it defined if you want more than just sex out of it. So instead of what places you would like to go to and see together and seeing what you have in common to make it more it would seem like it would revolve more around come sleep with me babe

Just my thoughts
 thatclassicsguy
Msg: 208
Posted: 10/24/2007 10:51:42 PM
Don't ever do It. I don't care who she Is you don't get that personal with a stranger!
 WhereForArtThou
Msg: 218
Posted: 10/27/2007 11:13:07 AM
I have never, and will never, sleep with a man on the first date. I will sound like a catty old hag on this one, but I don't think sex is part of a date. Sex is part of a hook up or a booty call. A date is a little more reserved and impersonal.
 SparkintheDark
Msg: 226
Posted: 12/15/2007 9:29:09 AM
I would NEVER sleep with a man on a first date. And to the moron who said it didn't matter what date it was? Ok, maybe for YOU, it doesn't matter, but for some of us, it does.

I am a very sexual person, but I want my sex life, to be safe, and I want to share it with someone... I LOVE and care about, and vice versa. I don't want to sleep with some schmuck, who is never going to call me again, and write me off like I mean nothing. Sex is something I hold a little more sacred then that. Also, to be honest, the world is not the kind of place it was in the 70's buddy. Ever hear of herpes? How about HPV? When you can't talk to someone about those things... you are playing russian roulette. I understand that even people in LTR relationships LIE, but the chances are smaller, then with some person you just met, and are running off to f**k.

I honestly do not understand how some people think. Sex is wonderful... and for me, sex is AWESOME, when it's with someone I can trust, be close with, and talk to. And for me, that stuff isn't present with a STRANGER.
 El_Mariachi
Msg: 234
Posted: 12/16/2007 7:25:57 PM

And to the moron who said it didn't matter what date it was? Ok, maybe for YOU, it doesn't matter, but for some of us, it does.

Curious. Were YOU called a moron for thinking it DOES matter? I suspect not.

One thing to have and give an opinion.. quite another to hurl insults.

And why is it that so many people assume that someone who might indulge on a first date isn't practicing safe sex? Oh right.. the moron thing.

the guy will never call you again.

If you don't put out, he may not call you again either.. assuming he's a big jerk. So... Six of one half a dozen of the other.
 El_Mariachi
Msg: 250
Posted: 12/17/2007 7:58:37 PM
My longest relationship started with second date nookie.. and it was only the second date because we were unable to be alone at all on the first date.. though not for lack of trying.
 ColonelIngus
Msg: 256
view profile
History
Posted: 8/2/2009 12:13:07 PM
Anyway, what do you call the guys - are they just gross too or are they gross hypocrites who have sex with women they have contempt for...........and why would a man get off on someone they despise.......

Opportunistic?

For animals that live widely separated from one another, it may take a lot of effort to find anyone of the opposite sex during the mating season. ...locating a mate -- any mate -- is a big problem. Out on the fringes of a species' range there may be few potential sexual partners to pick and choose from, so it is a good strategy to be able to grab what is going even if it's sub-optimal. Women do this all the time too, so it should be easy to understand.

I have a really hard time thinking well of a guy that makes it obvious he would have sex with me on the first date. Even the second...

And so goes another blow to the idea that women just want honesty from men. Of course if he were to know this in advance, he'd likely hide the fact from you in an effort to help you get what you want.

But you're right, overt sexual signals by men are usually a turn-off to women, suggesting you want someone who signals covertly like a woman. Just like covert sexual signals by women are a turn-off to men, who tend to want someone who signals overtly like a man. Welcome to The Great Gender Divide.

...Seems indiscriminate

Or he could just be really into you. Unless you tag him and track him for some time there's no way to know whether it's him or you.
 RobertKoi
Msg: 259
Posted: 8/3/2009 4:33:36 AM
It doesn't prove anything. If the attraction's there, why wait? It's not fun to discover months down the road that someone's worthless in bed either.
 krookie
Msg: 263
Posted: 8/5/2009 3:12:58 PM
You know, this is REALLY not that hard to figure out. Two people...out there...looking for love, romance, good time, long term partner... You've just got to allow what happens to happen. If you're okay with it, fine. If the other person is okay with it, fine. The problem comes up when one has expectations that do not jibe with the other. In this instance, I have no sympathy for anyone and don't want to hear the complaining. If you have regrets, it simply means you slept together before you really knew the person well enough to sleep together!

If you're out to enjoy life, great! Go for it! But if you want more and you DON'T have a meaningful conversation with someone about it before jumping in the sack?... Sorry, you get EXACTLY what you allowed your hormones to drive you to. It's not his fault, it's not her fault... It is what it is. Nothing more, nothing less. The way to deal with it is beforehand. Either with the other person or with yourself. Know what you want, not just what you desire. Simple, really.
 DR Dave
Msg: 265
Date Ratings
Posted: 8/6/2009 5:36:25 PM
Is there a place to make comment about a date... like a review on line? I have a friend who says that he is able to see comments about women he dates on POF. I can't seem to find it.
 JeepHammer
Msg: 266
view profile
History
Posted: 8/7/2009 10:23:02 AM
First of all, we are all adults, and 'Sleeping Together' is a way that adults get to know each other.

If you DO sleep with someone on the first date,
Then don't get mad if it doesn't work out.

You BOTH had a choice, you BOTH agreed, and it didn't work out for what ever reason....
You just have to chalk that up to 'The heart wants what the heart wants' and move on.

I like women, but I'm a somewhat private person, and I get attached very quickly...
There is something to be said for romance, so I usually don't sleep with someone right away,
I get to know them first, and I try to trust them before we are that intimate.

That's just me, every one is different, so you have to decide what is 'RIGHT' for you and accept the consequences if it doesn't turn out the way you intended or wanted...
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >