Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Sniper308
Msg: 108
What are your deal breakersPage 9 of 11    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11)

Sniper, maybe it's the 308 that's prompting weenie jokes here-- Maybe they'd like the Win458, or the mighty 50BMG?

Among my inventory, and this list certainly isn't all-inclusive, I have a .50 BMG, a .338/378 Weatherby Magnum, two .416 Remington Magnums, a .375 H&H Magnum, a .338 RUM, and several other boomers. I also have a .500 Linebaugh revolver, a Savage Striker (handgun) in .308 Winchester, and a Lone Eagle in a .35/444 wildcat.

Frankly, I never had much interest in the .458 Winchester Magnum; although, the .458 Lott seems somewhat interesting.
 Cigaro
Msg: 112
What are your deal breakers
Posted: 11/24/2005 1:14:06 AM
Needy, clingy, obsessive, paranoid people..
 Tinkle
Msg: 121
Posted: 12/2/2005 3:12:14 PM
""""""""online:*BAD SPELLING/GRAMMAR!!!!""""""""

Your soul mate just left. See the Testimonials forum. Sorry
 Polly_G
Msg: 123
Posted: 12/3/2005 6:41:16 AM
hmmmm hate the whole "deal breakers" thing just cuz an ex used to use it. We got in a relationship we didn't make a deal!

So using the term "deal breaker"
Bumming money off of me on a first date (yeah that's attractive)
Sending confusing signals
Planning our life together after 3 emails
Being untruthful about anything
Making racial or other comments that show their total lack of awareness and ignorance
 marketguy
Msg: 124
Posted: 12/3/2005 11:13:23 AM
Bad manners. I know, that's pretty broad, but some things you just don't do. Like, say, belching on command.
 marketguy
Msg: 125
Posted: 12/3/2005 11:14:49 AM
Oh, and a lack of maturity. Do you really think I want you to interject with giggles and obscene jokes when I try to talk about my day?

And poor hygene, but that's a given.
 mortalez
Msg: 128
Posted: 12/20/2005 8:38:39 PM
In meat reality (real world as some call it) :
Deal breakers are :
Too busy chicks , if I have to hunt my girl down she aint my girl.

Emotionatly distant.
uneffectionate
Breaking dates at the last minute .
more than 3 (young) kids
BAD KIDS!!!!! the kind that yell, scream and break things and havent learned manners fitting their age.
Cheating.

Red flags are:

Too many people know her , no matter where you go you run into people that know her .
Too many guy friends , not a deal breaker but it is a redflag .
Kids all have different fathers .
Does not like PDA's , could mean she does not want people to know you are together .

Online Deal breakers:
looking for shorterm
looking for friends
looking for hangout buddies
looking for genorous man <---= Gold digger alert !!!!!
looking for Financially stable <-----= Gold digger alert.
looking for penpals
looking for intimite incounter <----= 15 years ago I never thought this would be a deal breaker.
looking for Friends first <----= Friend zone alert , run while you can .

Online redflags:

Glamour shots photo
motley crue t-shirt and winged hair in the photo
when the ad says recently divorced <-----= rebound alert !!!!!!!
when ad says willing to relocate <------== Town whore alert !!!!!!
 carribeanking7
Msg: 130
Posted: 1/10/2006 9:10:24 PM
Dishonesty...without honesty there is nothing to build on.
 Riggity
Msg: 132
Posted: 1/10/2006 11:24:55 PM
This reminds me of a recent incident I had a with someone I was interested in...That is, until I discovered a serious case of bad breath. It just turned me right off.. As for "yeah, like, oh my gawd!" we all do it from time to time so it's no big deal really. Bad breath can be a sign of other problems and smoking.......I don't have to get into.
 Rabbitman49
Msg: 133
Posted: 2/10/2006 5:54:04 PM
Here's another one that happened to me in the first week of January:

She: "Do you know my rates?"

Me: "What do you mean?"

She: "$300/hour, and $250/half-hour."

I did not meet her via this web site - but I did meet her through a NORMAL (not an "exotic services" type) profile at another site. She was and still is a hooker. Argh!

OT: I also do feel a bit sorry for her. She was quite pretty, but she has gone downhill and turned into a crack-whore. I know this because I have been able to find her subsequent profiles on other web sites set up at various times over the past month. I went looking because I did want to help her - which she has refused. The police seem unable or unwilling to catch her - as that is the only way that could lead to her getting the help she obviously needs. I did report her. I have known people who occasionally have taken drugs, but this one is clearly self-destructing. This would be tragic if it weren't self-caused. She turned to hooking after losing her legitimate job (if I believe her), but I think she might have been a teenage runaway (now about 25 years old) and doesn't know anything different.
 UrbanMyth
Msg: 134
Posted: 2/10/2006 6:09:05 PM
Someone who clearly needs to lose some serious weight. Someone that looks way older then their age. And someone, online anway, who wants the opposite of what they say. And overuse of lol...lol!
 dalaurya
Msg: 139
Posted: 2/11/2006 5:24:17 PM
different values, apathy, consistent disrespect, anger issues, irresponsibility, general shamefulness
 dalaurya
Msg: 140
Posted: 2/11/2006 5:27:12 PM
and being overly judgemental and close- minded
 cotter
Msg: 146
view profile
History
Posted: 2/19/2006 5:35:34 AM
Oh yes ... DISHONESTY, deceit, lying ... whatever other word you can substitute for just not being truthful has to be the number one biggie. If you are a "two-timer" and you haven't told me, that also counts for being dishonest!
 Man.of.Adventure
Msg: 151
Posted: 2/19/2006 7:17:46 AM
Racism, intolerance, homophobia, etc. basically anyone who can’t accept that there is a diverse group of people on this planet with as much right to enjoy it is they have.

Chris
 cotter
Msg: 152
view profile
History
Posted: 2/19/2006 7:40:30 AM

hey cotter....long time no see!

SQUIRRLY ... sent you an email ... will fill you in on things later.

OT ... agree with squirrly on that ... negative people and people who have no sense of humor.
 cotter
Msg: 154
view profile
History
Posted: 2/19/2006 8:43:03 AM
Hi "picker"

OT... There's a real deal breaker going on over in the following thread:
"i just tested her panties...both positive for semen...wow...what do i do now?"

Also there's some lady over there that thinks I'm picking on xchuck, so some of you may want to go over there and save him from me before I eat him alive! Mmmmm ... he'd be so yummy! OMG ... did I write that? (Whew ... running quickly to get a napkin to wipe up the drool.)

Can't find a picture of you "picker" ... maybe I'd be drooling over that too? Ah well, what can I say ... I'm a "lover", not a "scraper".

cotter
Msg: 158
view profile
History
Posted: 3/26/2006 12:11:52 PM
Huggie ...

Where the heck are you finding all these ladies who are doing the stuff on your list? Hopefully you are finding this stuff out about them way before you spend too much time with them.
 Cute Windy
Msg: 159
Posted: 3/26/2006 8:43:48 PM
Cig smokers!

Bad breathe, daily drinkers, non goal oriented, and not caring about other peoples feelings.
 designingwoman
Msg: 162
view profile
History
Posted: 3/26/2006 10:32:59 PM
Here's the deal (no pun intended)

Dishonesty
Religious fanaticism
Political conservatives
Clingy
Controlling
Very Overweight
Divorced with kids
Divorced more than once if no kids
unhygienic
bad teeth
poor health
whiner/complainer
abusive
alchoholic/likes to get drunk
drugs
chewing tobacco or excessive smoking
racist/bigoted
homophobic
lazy/no job
litterbugs (just too lazy to throw trash in a receptacle or use an ashtray)

I think that pretty much sums it up. I admit I am picky but I only need to marry ONE man.
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 168
Posted: 3/27/2006 9:47:56 AM
Neediness, jealousy, and lack of accountability. Oh, and if they do that lizard thing when they kiss...what the hell is that about?????
 blondago56
Msg: 172
view profile
History
Posted: 5/11/2006 6:36:03 PM
liars, verbal & physical users, bad hygeine, poor/digusting public ettiquette, meaness, talking bad about children or old people, and a few others that my Fishy-buddies up there said ^^^
 funksoulbrutha
Msg: 179
view profile
History
More than one...
Posted: 7/8/2009 7:48:50 AM
A penis and/or a nutsack.
 androgynousvon
Msg: 184
Posted: 7/8/2009 7:15:50 PM
that's easy: 1. i'm not physically attracted, 2. i don't think he has enough education. they both have to be there (let's assume he's not jack the ripper here!)
 blue_moon_85
Msg: 188
view profile
History
Posted: 7/9/2009 2:52:29 PM
Let's see here...

Kids.
If I see this on any POF profile, I'm hitting hit the back button. I'm not going to raise another man's kids.

Being addressed as "Papi".
A major put-off. If I date a woman who thinks that it's a good idea to address me as that, then I'll remind her once, and only once, that I am not her dad. Being addressed by her as if I'm her dad seriously creeps me out. If she gets upset or tries to do it again, then I'm dumping her on her ass.

Tattoos/piercings.
Sorry, not my thing.

Degrees in either Psychology, Nursing, Social Work, or Education.
It gets real boring when around two-thirds of the POF women with a college education are studying for one of those degrees. I prefer someone who's studying something a little bit more challenging, or at least something different.

Drug users.
I'll just say that I won't allow my money and stuff to turn up missing for some reason.

Leading me on to believe that we are dating, and then telling me later on that you just want to be friends.
If you want to be just friends with me, then please let me know at the very beginning (or on POF) before we first agree to meet. But if you say that we are dating, then we are dating, otherwise I am severing all ties with you. I am not going to waste my time with that kind of indecisiveness and deception, when I could be with a woman who really does want to be my girlfriend.

That's it for now.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >