Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Sweet_Le_Senza
Msg: 147
view profile
History
Cops and FireFightersPage 4 of 8    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8)
More garbage men get killed in the line of work then police officers. I just thought Id throw that out there!
 Sweet_Le_Senza
Msg: 148
view profile
History
Cops and FireFighters
Posted: 10/4/2010 6:15:12 AM
Now that I read back I'm glad others are aware that police fatalities don't even come close to many other 'ever day' jobs and I'm grateful for that.
It's a very stressful job, bringing on vicarious trauma, PSTD and whatnot that's for sure and yes some of their conduct is quite questionable. ;)
 viper1j
Msg: 149
Cops and FireFighters
Posted: 11/3/2011 4:39:34 PM
Where is the love for cops

When you walk into the main doors of Orange County SO, the first thing you see, is a wall that lists every deputy that's died in the line of duty. The second thing you see, is a sign that says:

"Since we started our watch, we've lost 283 deputies. Good men that gave their lives for what they loved. The City

They didn't make the laws, they just tried to enforce them,

They didn't make The City, they just tried to make it run.

Now, our job is hard enough, why try to make it harder?

What if you called, and nobody answered?

The love is there, sometimes, we just gotta look really hard to find it.
 Molly Maude
Msg: 150
view profile
History
Cops and FireFighters
Posted: 11/3/2011 11:45:44 PM
98% of my interaction with police has been wonderful from my point of view ... when someone broke into my house, I called and the police were there within 20 minutes ... when this person CONTINUED to harrass me, setting off the security alarm system intermittently but usually around 4:30 a.m. ... the police response time became closer to 2 minutes because they were all so determined to catch the creep ... the police were consistently kind, respectful and searched diligently ... let me know their thoughts on the intruder, showed me the finger prints, boot marks in the grass, etc.

I highly respect the people who have chosen law enforcement for their careers ...

firemen ... on the other hand ... are just plain HOT! whew! ya gotta love those firemen! UPS guys aren't that bad to look at either ...

QueenBeeSweetness
Msg: 151
Cops and FireFighters
Posted: 11/3/2011 11:58:20 PM
Plenty of love for cops here~~~I married & made a baby with one
 LilyWillow
Msg: 152
Cops and FireFighters
Posted: 1/16/2012 12:25:43 AM
I admire cops, firefighters and the military. And, not just for the sexy uniforms, either . It takes a great deal of devotion and passion to do the work they do as a career. There will always be a few rotten apples in any bunch, but I choose to believe these men are good. Just as the knights of the feudal system of Europe have been romanticized, so have these men. It's a lot of pressure to live up to someone else's romanticized ideal... so give these men some slack and admire them for the sacrifices they make to keep us all safe.
 LilyWillow
Msg: 153
Cops and FireFighters
Posted: 1/16/2012 12:44:51 AM
BTW... they are only human and will make mistakes.
 totally honest
Msg: 154
Cops and FireFighters
Posted: 1/23/2012 12:56:01 AM
The best at sex high stress of the job they need frequent release .make love with the same intensity as thier jub .give 100 percent.
 frijolera_ninja
Msg: 155
Cops and FireFighters
Posted: 1/23/2012 1:27:44 AM
Im slowly losing respect for cops when I see them lined up with tow trucks and all at speed traps n such. Seems like were always hearing storys about abuse of power and questionable shootings the last one a teen shot in the back as he was running away... really they couldnt of shot him in the leg? Theyre raiding medical marijuana facilitys 3 xs a week instead of going after meth and crack dealers! Instead of embracing internal affairs they will put their fellow officers on the level if they talk to them ... shouldnt they want the bad guys out ? Creepy they have a no talk rule that makes you just as bad if not worse by protecting the bad ones...
 totally honest
Msg: 156
Cops and FireFighters
Posted: 1/23/2012 2:34:38 AM
Sex three times a day lolmorning noon.night.
 Bladesmith81801
Msg: 157
Cops and FireFighters
Posted: 1/23/2012 5:13:06 PM
As an ex cop myself, I'm disturbed and dismayed by the increasing militarization of LEOs, and a distancing from using ones head to resolves a situation, instead of going straight to busting heads via some not quite lethal tool.
 bamagrl68
Msg: 158
Cops and FireFighters
Posted: 1/23/2012 5:30:26 PM
Garofalo- I think the problem is experiences people have with bad cops.
I got pulled over once and had no idea why. I roll down my window and he approaches and proceeds to tell me he saw me at a read light and thought I was attractive and wanted to talk. What!? I was mad as heck and offended, but afraid to show it lest he decide to ticket me and good luck fighting it if he did. I made an excuse that I was in a hurry and didn't have time to talk but maybe some other time, rolled my window up and left, praying to God he didn't follow me.
There are a lot of great cops out there, men and women who decide they truly want to make the world a better, safer place and those are the ones I admire and am thankful for.
However, there are also people who are attracted to the profession for the power. They are cowards hiding behind a shield and give the profession a bad name.
Instead of asking why people don't love cops, understand that not everyone has good experiences with them and when you find a good one, thank them.
For all the good ones out there-I do know how hard your job is and I appreciate what you do to make a difference in the world.
 totally honest
Msg: 159
Cops and FireFighters
Posted: 1/23/2012 8:06:22 PM
Thant too bad you didnt chat with him .if he found you attractive . you may have had a good experiance lol
 bamagrl68
Msg: 160
Cops and FireFighters
Posted: 1/23/2012 8:54:01 PM
totally honest- I looked up your profile, expecting you to be a man, considering the tone of your response.
Imagine my surprise to find you are a woman.
Really?!
Learn how to spell and use commas. I don't know why a woman would post something like this to another woman.
Good luck fishing, with an attitude like yours I'm sure you are quite the catch.
Maybe you should give me your number and next time I see the cop, I'll give him your number, seeing as how you're so choosy.
 Nihilius
Msg: 161
Cops and FireFighters
Posted: 1/30/2012 1:03:20 AM
Isn't it amazing that places with all volunteer fire departments don't burn down to the ground.
 lovelylizz10
Msg: 162
Cops and FireFighters
Posted: 7/4/2012 9:36:02 PM
I think some cops are so sexy
they turn me on .........
 BettyMcFattyPants
Msg: 163
Cops and FireFighters
Posted: 7/7/2012 6:46:18 AM
Rhode Island State Troopers have THE sexiest uniforms. Rawr.

I have a lot of respect for cops & firefighters. It's a tough, dangerous job.

Quite a few on my friends up north are cops(male & female). I've only known a couple firefighters.

However, since I have been living down south, some of my respect for cops down here has become a bit tarnished. There is still quite a bit of bigotry in NC. WHen I was dating an NC cop, I was appaulled at the some of the shinanigans that went/go on in the dept(yes, he had loose lips and so did his buddies).(Altho those same lips were fantastic at kissing. What a waste!)

The man I fell for was the not the man he actually was. What a wake up call. I still feel dirty years later.

That being said, I still respect the profession. Both cops & firefighters.
 RSwindol
Msg: 164
view profile
History
Cops and FireFighters
Posted: 7/7/2012 3:43:55 PM
You have got two of the most dangerous jobs

Really? Because statistically speaking, delivery drivers die more often on the job than either Police or Fire Fighters. And delivery drivers, on average, make nearly $20,000 less per year. So, I'm sorry, but police officers and fire fighters get no sympathy from me.

I would also like to point out that there is a very good reason why people despise police officers. And that's because of their egos. Many people think that once they put on that badge, their heads get big. But in truth, most of them had huge egos long before ever putting on that badge. It's what makes them crave wearing the badge in the first place. And most of the people out there who are advertising that cops have dangerous jobs are the cops themselves.
 want to travel
Msg: 165
view profile
History
Cops and FireFighters
Posted: 7/8/2012 5:27:55 AM
In my city, cops make close to 90, thousand a year!
it is in fact the safest job, in town
in the last 100 years, there has not been one shooting,one was shot but he was off duty
they are as corrupt as the day is long
very bad drivers, in the past year,we have gone through 2 police chiefs, several cops have been brought up on,sexual assault charges,it seem they like prostitutes
brutality , there is not one week that goes by without one of them beating up someone,they don't seem to care who, a blind doctor,or a homeless person
I really hate anybody, putting them in the same sentence with fire fighters, or even the military
here in Windsor, they act more like street punks then law enforcement!
the very same can be said for the Toronto cops,one scandal after another!
shame on you cops of ontario!
 irishlady75
Msg: 166
Cops and FireFighters
Posted: 11/11/2012 5:30:54 PM
All public service men rock!!!
 Debyduz_
Msg: 167
Cops and FireFighters
Posted: 11/11/2012 10:02:59 PM
I love cops very much.
 shehasawildside
Msg: 168
Cops and FireFighters
Posted: 3/2/2014 5:08:14 PM
I love a man in uniform....more than yummy!!!! ;).....any of you guys out here?
 drinkthesunwithmyface
Msg: 169
view profile
History
Cops and FireFighters
Posted: 3/3/2014 4:59:45 PM
This is one of those weird threads. Much of the recognition only being because women find police officers and firefighters sexy. Lip service about the danger of their job, not getting respect, their alledged selfless sacrifice, and that worn out assumption that for the most part the police are "good people" and if you feel otherwise then you "must have a reason" along the lines of being an enemy to society in some way.

It fills me with hope, for the intelligence and maturity of society in general, that there is still the intermittent post about how much respect and recognition that a garbage man receives, how much more dangerous many other jobs are, how selfless so many of them other jobs are, how many police officers or firefighters definitely do not choose that profession from a motivation to selflessly serve society but instead they like danger and the respect that they get in an Eric Cartman way and just want to get the chicks that like their uniforms...blah blah blah. Sometimes, I swear, people just can't have an objective perspective on reality.

This might be an example of how the Human race evolves culturally and genetically into a bad direction because of how aweful and careless a woman's choices can be, what turns her on, and what she finds attractive and why. Of course, thankfully, there are always men and women who are much more sensible and grown than this.
 fieryredhead77
Msg: 170
Cops and FireFighters
Posted: 3/4/2014 3:47:37 PM
I hate how when a cop dies we shut down all the highways to do their funeral procession. Really? Could we do this for teachers, mom's, mail carriers, or even our military men? Why do they get special treatment. You choose to become a cop, deal with it. My most recent experience with the town sheriff - he was dating a coworker of mine. She broke up with him once she found out he was having an affair with his ex. Then he stalked her on duty at my place of work. He wad literally getting paid to stalk her - showing up constantly to check up on my workplace. Then a couple weeks ago he got arrested for a cover up of him kidnapping his ex (the one he is currently cheating with) several years ago and left her handcuffed on the side of the road. He is currently in jail.

I don't respect any job, because each person is different. But typically cops get less respect because most the ones I have met like the power too much.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  >