Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 oregonmeetsmesa
Msg: 92
Ever met someone PRETTIER than their pics?Page 4 of 10    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10)
Sweet*child you state in your ad you know your a prize woman.Its no wonder everyone says your much better looking in person,I had to go view your picture to see if it was blurry or out of focus and to my surprise the pic you chose to represent yourself looks like your really pissed off,holding your breath or mad and pouting,so yes I bet in person when you show up happy and smiling everyone does say how much better you look........why that pic?,was it the only one you had?,your obviously a very pretty lady so why that pic,one that makes it seem you have a real attitude ! ..... ,a pic is worth a thousand words and makes people assume so much,after all its all they have to go on,the pic even clues the reader into whether they can believe what the writings say.This one lady wrote of how happy she was all the time and easy going,yet 7 pics of her in different outfits showed her frowning or stern and a couple as mad or perturbed,so I did not believe her self assessment.
 tnt144
Msg: 94
Ever met someone PRETTIER than their pics?
Posted: 10/27/2007 8:04:18 AM
"Ever met someone PRETTIER than their pics?"

More often than not it goes the other way, but it does happen.

Talk to any woman who is not ugly or obease... besides, some of the average looking women tend to have better personalities. Give the average girls a chance. If you could kiss her, check her out... she just might become your best freind... in more ways than one. The definition of a good partner is a helpmate you can fall in love with. You don't need perfection... there are no perfect people.... this includes yourself.
 oregonmeetsmesa
Msg: 96
Posted: 10/27/2007 9:33:28 AM
dakotart1962, almost same thing with me,Lady had two hard to read pics,looking down and at an angle,nothing more than shoulder tops showing.She said shes not real thin but definitely not fat,stated big breasts and real long shapely legs and no need (refused)to send me another pic because I would definately be pleased,oh definately she stated again.So we meet, fuzzy pics didn't reveal the goldmine of wrinkles,nor a potato body stuck on two straws for legs,she immediately stated "I look actually like my pic don't I",I state I had no idea as I told you before your pics were fuzzy and you almost looked away from camera so I had no idea what you'd look like,she continued fishing for compliments ,like "do you think I'm sexy"and I was trying to be polite even though she lied lied lied,and only said" boy someone sure is fishing for compliments".Her stated big breasts were small,no big deal,no priorty for me,Her shapely legs were two straight up and down sticks,shapelss,and the oddest thing,I spent the whole date wondering if she was pregnant awaiting birth withing the next 4 weeks,Her extended stomach would have made anyone wonder if she was 8 months pregnant,it ballooned 4 inches 5 inches past her breasts and made her legs look like sticks,definately a full pregnancy look,.....give me a break,what could she possibly been thinking,where do people get these grandiose thought about themselves.Must be nice to live in a dreamland
 heARTeacher
Msg: 99
view profile
History
Posted: 10/27/2007 11:35:29 AM
Some pics that are posted are deceptive. You meet them and they weigh 40 more pounds that the early photos show. They show themselves with facial hair but have none when you meet them and the neck or chin is better with the beard. The photo is that fish eye view from the computer camera and they can't help but look better in person .
The camera adds 10 pounds. Some can use it, some can't. If you're serious about all this it's better to have a decent photo taken somewhere and put that up.
Sometimes meeting someone you've only seen in photos is a pleasant surprise, not so much because of their looks as the genuine personality that comes through. My looks are simply OK for someone my age, but I'm told my personality and smile are better than the pics. I can live with that. Looks can fade or be stolen by illness. If you haven't got more than that you're likely to be disappointed, no matter how attractive someone is in photos.
 oregonmeetsmesa
Msg: 101
Posted: 10/27/2007 11:54:17 AM
ICARTB,after reading these forums,it seems common a large amount of men and ladies lie with their pics or have no idea of societies or the norms idea of sizes.So with this widespread problem do you honestly expect any man even romantic to show up with flowers on a first meet.If this were old fashioned dating where you asked the girl in person and already knew how she talked and how she looked then yes any romantic man might bring flowers,so don't judge a man at all on not bringing flowers or even treating to an actual real date until the second date,besides there are lots of ways besides flowers to be romantic,but I got your point,you just felt romantic sounding man should of lived up to something,well he will on second date,or then call him on it
 oregonmeetsmesa
Msg: 103
Posted: 10/27/2007 12:58:52 PM
ICARTB appreciate your comment,its just with so many victims I still don't think you'll see a guy live up to his romantic boastings until you pass the muster,only you know your the real thing but we assume we have a 50/50 chance deception is going on,once we meet you and realize your the full meal deal then we can act ourselves and will then feel good about the whole thing.I too talk on phone many times and even have done 2 months of emails(some tend to require eons before a meet) before the meeting where I find out Angelina Jolie just turned out to be her grandmother.And I never said you hold these things against them just that you expected these things or hope these things to happen intially,so was just pointing out expect it might happen second date or end of date is all.I see this is very troubling for genuine articles like you and me because we know we have no deception going on,I say I'm 49 and wow,I actually am,lol,but with me I pray they live up to their pic,because normally for me 70 % of time they don't umong many other things,like realizing your non smoking date you talked with 25 times via email is smoking in front of you.Never meant to hurt,I respect your opinions.
 Calmwaters/Wildcurrent
Msg: 111
Posted: 10/28/2007 10:24:06 PM
NO! LOL.......actually, I'm not laughing
 dub08
Msg: 120
Posted: 10/29/2007 2:51:30 PM
Most of them are better in the flesh thank goodness!!
I have been told my piccies dont do anything for me
but I have also been told by someone that I just wasnt attractive enough for him!!
bloomin cheek!!
 R_U_Perfect
Msg: 121
Posted: 10/30/2007 3:53:45 PM
Oh, yes I'm much more hansome then the current photo that I paint of my self...
 oregonmeetsmesa
Msg: 126
Posted: 10/31/2007 6:24:59 PM
"Justdatingforfun",since this is your first forum,think its not the best idea to tell everyone here who filled 8 pages of responses how you thought we'd be intelligent and we're not,says you.If you do not like the topic then find the topic you mentioned and go there,because this topic is of interest to the ones here,your welcome to contribute or you can find or start a topic you like,but try not to come on to a topic you don't like and tell us how dumb we are and how uninteresting it is to you.
 petite2760
Msg: 127
Posted: 10/31/2007 6:48:09 PM
Most guys I met actually do look better than their photo. Like what DIME said, men do not really care too much about their appearance in pictures . NO wonder they post a lot of pics with their sunglasses on, lol.

Some people do look better in picture than in person. I have been told many times I am very photogenic So I asked does that mean I do not look like me in person, ha ha. But I try to post recent pictures so as not to deceive people you are meeting,and some old ones which are favourites of mine.
 R_U_Perfect
Msg: 128
Posted: 10/31/2007 11:58:23 PM
I was in TIjuana his orning wailting for an apointment, and a very scrufy street begger came up begging for anything it could get... so I waved it on and I asked my friend how n the world a guy gets that far down???

My friend looked at me and said That was NO GUY, That was a GAL, I was sitting in fromt of a Doctors office, and a Policemen came by,so I asked the Mexican Police man How that GAL got so far down???

The Mexican Police Man explained that in MEXICO Girl Chinderen of the Poor are worth nothing and they beg till they die,or they beg till they are killed...

I do buisness with the Mexican Government and by their standards I am a Wealthy Man, so I had the Cop grab the gal and take her into the Doctors office and get a full exam,blood workup & the works, after my apointment I went into the doctose office to talk with the doctor, see if she was clean???

#1 The Doctor was pissed, so I paid the bill up front, this helped the Doc's temperment a little, The Doctor told me that amazingly The Gal was a Begger but not a Whore,inteligent but not educated and the Gal wanted to know if I was going to give her Money??? to which I said NO and yes...

So I called another Doctor that I know and got him in on the deal and I sent the Gal to a education center for runaways, over the next 90 deays the Gal will learn how to dress,walk,talk and think lke a lady, yes this will cost me some money, at the end of 90 days
a very attractive inteligent young lady will be released into the general population of another part of Mexico, where she can get a job or whatever...

Perhaps I have done a bad thing,perhaps I am juat a hopeless romantic and just maybe have given the poor little Bum Gal a chance at a MUCH BETTER LIFE...

But this al is not for me, I am only doing for here what I feel any GOOD person would or should do, it can never make up for The Total Lack of Compassion in our society, but is just my little effort...

After 30 years of being ignored by North American Women, My investment is in perhaps some part of Tomarrow will be better for someone somewhere, but I will never live to see that day...
 DocElffington
Msg: 143
view profile
History
Posted: 2/28/2009 12:43:23 PM
I sure have!

And it certainly wasn't a deal breaker!
 miraclgal
Msg: 145
Posted: 2/28/2009 9:41:55 PM
I read the whole moose BS story. I have read alot of fiction and that was BAD. I prefer Dennis Lehane. Sick sad story,Moose.
 ComplekCity
Msg: 146
Posted: 2/22/2011 10:56:52 AM
Yes, and the most common reason for this is because their profile pic/pics aren't very good.

I'll never understand why some people don't put more effort into their pics.
I'm not just talking about the ones with sunglasses, a zillion miles away, blurry, etc.

I'll see someone's bad pic , for example, and a year later it's still the same !!!!

Wtf ?!!!!

I suppose it must be working for them, somehow....

*scratching head * ......I guess that's just how much of an advantage females have ?
 BoonDockSaint73
Msg: 148
Posted: 2/22/2011 11:14:50 AM
Yes, I have...

I'd gotten contacted by a nice looking there here very recently.

Her pics looked really good.

We when we met in person for our first date....I almost fell off my chair.

She was an absolute KNOCKOUT...
 tanzkity11
Msg: 151
Posted: 2/23/2011 8:15:17 PM
I actually had the opposite effect....I was talking to a man and he was so hot on his pics I couldnt wait to meet him.....When I did he was totally you can see was 10 years older than his pics....The funny part he was more reluctant to see me and he fell in love with my appearance at first sight and I WAS MAJORLY NOT HAPPY WITH HIS....
 BrookfieldMan
Msg: 153
Posted: 3/6/2011 9:16:15 PM
alot of times the girls are prettier but the boobs are smaller!
 CompuG8r
Msg: 154
Posted: 3/8/2011 4:52:26 AM
I met this woman recently who was far better looking than her photo. I guess she didn't want to get a lot of responses due to her physical appearance so she posted a photo that portrayed her as a bit overweight. When I first saw her though, that image went right out the window. I was taken aback by just how physically attractive she is. I think it's a bit deceptive to use an inaccurate photo, but, in her case, it was a nice surprise.
 majyk1
Msg: 156
Posted: 3/8/2011 5:58:52 PM
My experiences have been... men almost always look better then their pictures.

I however, look the same.... simply because I post realistically.
I have one posted right after I woke up.... How many women do you know that are willing to do that???
 christ on a crutch
Msg: 157
view profile
History
Posted: 3/9/2011 8:46:33 AM
almost every woman i've met has looked better than her photos, some vastly. why? because it's much more difficult to take a good photo than a poor one. that's why people who can really work a camera can charge for it.
 valleyguyaz
Msg: 158
Posted: 3/10/2011 6:41:26 AM
yes i've met women who are cuter in person than the pictures they have posted on their profile.

some people just don't take a good picture.
 1234deleted1234
Msg: 159
Posted: 3/10/2011 7:35:38 PM
I've only met TWO that looked better than their photos....most had old pictures despite my asking if their pictures were new...apparently 5 years is NEW for some....lotta stuff can change in five years....lotta stuff.....
 Helen0426
Msg: 160
Posted: 3/11/2011 12:32:18 AM
Most of my dates have looked better than their pics. They've said I do, too, and I don't think it's just flattery. I think most people look better animated than we do in stills.
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 162
Posted: 3/16/2011 12:10:17 PM

I've been VERY lucky in the past 2 years with this. I've not met one person in a very very very long time that wasn't much more handsome in person than pictures. A couple were just out and out stunning in appearance in person. In all the years of this for me, there have only been a handful of times that I thought, "Really? Why haven't I seen this person before?" That was before I learned the fine art of exchanging LOTS of pictures before agreeing to meet.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >