Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Do you want kids or not and why?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 OnTheBus
Msg: 26
Do you want kids or not and why?Page 2 of 8    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8)
If I lived in an ideal world I would have a dozen or so.
 smiles R on me
Msg: 27
Do you want kids or not and why?
Posted: 11/12/2005 3:10:06 PM
badbadgirl

So you think that you were useless to your parents...They could have had an abortion and that they wanted children. I just know that I enjoy being with kids...but they are a handful...
 smiles R on me
Msg: 28
Posted: 11/12/2005 3:10:14 PM
badbadgirl

So you think that you were useless to your parents...They could have had an abortion and that they wanted children. I just know that I enjoy being with kids...but they are a handful...
 badbadgirl
Msg: 29
Posted: 11/12/2005 3:14:36 PM

So you think that you were useless to your parents...They could have had an abortion and that they wanted children.

of course i think i was useless to my parents.i'm not better than anyone.
 wayne906
Msg: 30
Posted: 11/12/2005 3:54:17 PM
I would like to make more kids ,but I cant ,I fire duds. Besides I have two already.
 clockworkboy
Msg: 31
Posted: 11/12/2005 4:25:30 PM
Definately wanting kids right now. At 28 I feel like I'm falling behind a little when it comes to creating a namesake. Having a family is very important to me. Bringing someone into this world and creating a good decent person. It almost feels like it's the only thing lacking in my life right now..well that and a good woman to stand by my side...but thats not what it takes to have a family anymore.
 picker_grinner
Msg: 32
Posted: 11/12/2005 4:38:05 PM
I don't have kids due to life circumstances (no, I’m just fine…lol) but at my age it’s no longer a realistic option. I’m happy entertaining my friends kids. At your age, though, if this is what you really want then IMHO go for it! This is an issue you shouldn't compromise on. Be a good Mom.
 Silvia217
Msg: 33
Posted: 11/12/2005 4:55:41 PM
As I am a newComer! this is not a repeat........Anyway if I may answer your curiosity of wanting kids or not and why?.....As a single parent of a 15 year old, I am grateful to have him. He is the most special little well, Big Guy now!! (man) in my life. It was and always will be a giving chance/miracle to be able to create him/his life. As I am a single devoted parent, I see no further then creating a happy/well balanced world for my son, He is here upon my/God's request, and since I was granted that opportunity, I will make sure to produce the best healthy! well balanced, quality life that is owed to him. Once you become a parent, you learn the meaning of one's creation, naturally you apply yourself without force to this major responsibility. Children are helpless souls, they are what they live, without understading meaning, principles, how, why, because???? they are a replica of who you are until the self exploration comes in later in life???? once understading the meaning, the experience of reaching that maturity level to become independent, then they realize the special person he and you are !!!! as a child/parent, guide to their expectations. I can say I am proud of who my son is today. I feel I have contributed well enough and still doing/done a wonderful job in making him a well balanced, whole/individua/ Big Guy that he is...................AND YES!!!!! I do it again with the right loving/devoted partner ...............................Even Alone/for that matter. Even thought You create together, I think a mother's job is greater then a man's job..................

Children are to be treasured!!!!!!! :)
 rainbow_fish
Msg: 34
Posted: 11/12/2005 4:57:28 PM
no.... never longed for motherhood.

Don't know why..... just never have.
 aylesford
Msg: 35
Posted: 11/12/2005 5:23:18 PM
If I meet the right women than yes I would want children. One reason that plays on my mind at times for having children is to carry on the family name. You see my ancestors migrated to this country. Have occupied this country since 1772. Not the province I am in but the country I am in. So part of me feels that I am failing by not having children to carry on the family name. You might think this is a stupid reason but you see I have grown up where a lot of my immidiate relatives has sacrifice much. Uncles who has fought in the front lines during WWII. Ancestors who fought in WWI, War of 1812 and the 1776 rebelion. Heard their stories etc. Now as far as talking about the worlds population, the fact of the matter is that Canada is not overpopulated therefore that argument will not hold here. The second thing is your children are your future. It is your children that will keep you in your retirement years. Also I like to play with new toys. Children give you a reason not to look stupid playing with the toys. Not only that but I have much to teach. You know, to carry on my abilities. Plus, if I ever had a child that became a pilot I would be extactic. You see, flying has always been my passion but it was not in my cards. Therefore, if a child of mine became a pilot it would be like living your dream through them. However, it would have to be their decession since I would not force them. They will have to make up their own mind, I would just be there for guidence. And bottom line I have to admit I like children. Some people do not but I do. The only problem is when they reach 13 they get their own mouth. However, I am not sure how much longer I will want children. Reason is with me getting closer to 40 I am also realalistic. You see I know what teenager are exposed too. I could handle it at my age but can you handle it when you are older. What I mean is if I meet the right women, after a period of time dating etc. Have maybe two or three children. I will be over 40. Say the youngest comes when I am 44. Then when they go through their teens I will be 57. If the child is good and does not get into drugs, alcohol, gangs, fights, etc (note: I am considering the worse) then there is no problem. But what happens if the child is the black sheep and needs a lot of your time and strength. How much strength can a 57 year old or a 60 year old can give. What happens if you get called because they are in prison. All I know is that my body has slowed down from when I was a teenager and I hear it gets even worse when you go over 40. Would like to hear any 50 year olds opinion on this.
 Perspective
Msg: 36
Posted: 11/12/2005 6:56:08 PM
Kids might be the mutual goal for a couple. But when people like the OP take it upon themselves to decide what the purpose of all humans are, I find it narrow-minded and wrong. Speak for yourself, OP! Kids should be a part of the marriage package, not the MAIN GOAL, in my opinion. Isn't marriage a long-term agreement between 2 mutual loving people that results in kids being a part of the deal, as opposed to that being the whole point?

One other thing: the importance of kids and supermommy has been greatly overrated. At the same time, kids are behaving worse than ever. I guess all the parent 'experts' and making these so-called sweet children the center of our social universe revolves around hasn't exactly resulted in better behavior regarding the kids than 20 years, has it? But a TV watching sheep might believe otherwise. I have nothing against having kids in the future, but don't plan or desire it at this point of time. If it happens, it happens.
 sleepless_in_Newmarket
Msg: 37
Posted: 11/12/2005 6:59:05 PM
I never wanted kids. I don't know why. I don't do well with kids. I feel uncomfortable around them. Part of it is that I am still a kid myself at heart. And taking care of myself is a big enough job. Taking care of a kid would be beyond me. But it has worked out because I have yet to meet a woman who wanted to have kids herself.
 Swiftone
Msg: 38
view profile
History
Posted: 11/12/2005 7:16:53 PM
I have kids... two sons begat by my loins and one who is my son though he has different genetic stuff....

.... and that's lots. Been knackered but I love playing a game called "Let's try to get pregnant!" ...

... let me know if you need the rule book....

wonwascallywabbit
Msg: 39
Posted: 11/12/2005 7:38:56 PM
I came to the realization quite a few year ago that in everything I've done, and whatever talents I may or may not think I have, the one thing I've truly excelled at is being a father. I can also say in all that I've done nothing has come close to the amount of joy, satifaction, and all around pleasure that being a dad has given me. I can't imagine not having kids around so I imagine at some point I'll either meet somone who wants kids or I'll adopt which I have already looked into. I don't think everyone is here to procreate though and am quite glad that some choose not to, and wish some others weren't allowed to. Wanting to be a parent and living up to those responsibilities isn't for everyone. As for me I would not date anyone that did not want kids. There would be no point in it.
 TedJMill
Msg: 40
view profile
History
Posted: 11/12/2005 7:42:55 PM
I don't want to have kids. My brother and sister each have two children, and I like doing the uncle stuff, but that's enough for me. I don't want all the responsibility of being a parent; I like being able to do as much or as little with the kids as I want, and then being able to give them back to their parents when I'm done.
 honestly_over_your_knee
Msg: 41
Posted: 11/12/2005 7:44:29 PM
Yes, I've always known that I want to have a family, but contrary to what some believe, I do wish to create that family as a united couple, not the single parenthood scene. I simply believe that it isn't right to bring a child into the world without at least the opportunity for a complete (as in father and mother) family. Now, that being said, if at some point the right man, and by which I mean the man that I would wish to marry and have his children, doesn't come along, then I would and will consider adoption. Like I said, I believe in bringing a child into a solid, functioning family, but for a munchkin in foster care or an orphanage over seas (thus, already in this world), my house isn't so bad! :)

I do think that some people are either "kid people" or not. Personally, I've always been someone that kids gravitate towards and I greatly enjoy interacting with them. Thus, motherhood has never really presented itself as something that I didn't see in my future.
 Sweet sensations
Msg: 42
Posted: 11/12/2005 7:53:09 PM
No way! I'm done! Don't get me wrong I love kids always have always will. So meeting someone with them is an option and could be an enhancement. My own boy is ten I'm 42. The way I see it I'm half way there in raising my family so I do not want to start a family all over again.

At this point if I had another baby right now, in twenty years I'd be 62 with a dependant in college or university. NO Thanks. At that point in my life I want to be planning my retirement and where my next trip is going to be. I Want to be a snowbird, get a boat or a cottage for the family and grand kids to enjoy.
 Aspire6
Msg: 43
Posted: 11/12/2005 7:57:07 PM
Silvia 217 I agree with you completely I couldn't have said it better myself.
 Silvia217
Msg: 44
Posted: 11/12/2005 7:57:40 PM
The Ideal World is what you have created for yourself my dear! so wake up, meeting a woman that says I need you to complete myself is a complete compliment in todays true untouched Real world, if they can Admit........if it still exists!!!!!!!! When two people need eachother, it is a compliment!!!!! not a negative aspect to the relationship. So until you face reality of being needed as a MAN, you will remain on your own......Which is ok also, there is nothing more sexy then a single, sexy, smart, available man.............But, this only takes you so far, .....a few years without wrinkles and precious looks, and sex to no end!!!!! then reality comes in, Where Am I? who Am I? why? JK kidding ok? Listen just be yourself!!!!! as long as you are happy, who cares, right? right I agree..................:)
 chryslergirl
Msg: 45
Posted: 11/12/2005 8:01:00 PM
Being a mom is the best thing I have ever done -- it has brought me more joy than anything else I have acheived. I would love to have the opportunity to have more kids.
 Silvia217
Msg: 46
Posted: 11/12/2005 8:02:22 PM
Thank you Aspire6...............
 Silvia217
Msg: 47
Posted: 11/12/2005 8:10:55 PM
I don't think everyone is here to procreate though and am quite glad that some choose not to, and wish some others weren't allowed to.

It is quiet sad to have a child and disrupt their healthy upbringing. These women do not deserve the Name Mother, nor to be granted, " she is the mother of my Child" ! without having the best interest of the child in their heart...... they are Evil!!!!!! Children are sacred innocent souls............They deserve the right parenthoood, Biological or not............Procreation unfortunately does not meet the right candicates.
 Silvia217
Msg: 48
Posted: 11/12/2005 8:13:14 PM
Then you are fine on your own !!!!!! Be happy...............stay happy..........
 smile with your eyes
Msg: 49
Posted: 11/12/2005 8:14:51 PM
Yes I want more children...and it is a dealbreaker for me if the man either can't have or doesn't want more children. I would like to have at least one more child and I mean give birth to. I was destined to be a mom...it's the one thing I think I'm really good at. Well until she rolls her eyes because I didn't get her something she wants...then I don't want anymore kids and I wanna drink.

And contrary to an above poster...I believe anyone with the means and desire, man or woman single or married or in a committed relationship, should be able to have a child...without anyone looking down on them.
 prolibertate
Msg: 50
Posted: 11/12/2005 9:41:04 PM

The only problem is when they reach 13 they get their own mouth. However, I am not sure how much longer I will want children. Reason is with me getting closer to 40 I am also realalistic. You see I know what teenager are exposed too. I could handle it at my age but can you handle it when you are older. What I mean is if I meet the right women, after a period of time dating etc. Have maybe two or three children. I will be over 40. Say the youngest comes when I am 44. Then when they go through their teens I will be 57. If the child is good and does not get into drugs, alcohol, gangs, fights, etc (note: I am considering the worse) then there is no problem. But what happens if the child is the black sheep and needs a lot of your time and strength. How much strength can a 57 year old or a 60 year old can give. What happens if you get called because they are in prison. All I know is that my body has slowed down from when I was a teenager and I hear it gets even worse when you go over 40. Would like to hear any 50 year olds opinion on this.

I'm not over 50, yet, but 47 is close enough, lol...when I was younger I didn't have the patience I do now, though I did have the energy...I still have the energy, and you do get more when you have kids - you don't have a choice, lol. If I could get pregnant easily - and had a partner to help ;) - I'd have a child now and not worry about how old I'll be when they start college (we live pretty long in my family anyway, so unless I get hit by a bus or something, I don't worry about that, lol). Also, my body isn't much different from when I was in my 20s, and thank God for good genes because I don't particularly like exercising ;) I'd say it's an individual and genetic thing, and how much one is willing to give up of their current lifestyle to enter into a world of surprise and unconditional love, exhaustion and tears, and being able to see and appreciate the world newly every time your child discovers something for the first time...to me, that's worth a lot, and worth any sacrifice.

No one knows what their kids will turn out like when they get older, no matter how well they were raised; they can still get into trouble as they're their own person and make their own choices - and some choices aren't what a parent would like them to be, or reflect how they raised them to act. A parent simply does their best; they give them the necessities, and in addition and more importantly, they give them the love, attention, quality time, communication and listening, discipline, and make what sacrifices are necessary...and then hope the children learned it well and make responsible decisions for themselves. It's a huge responsibility to have children, and unfortunately, some people have them and don't take their responsibilities seriously, so the child suffers, the parents suffer, and others may also.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Do you want kids or not and why?