Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Men seem to think bareback is ok even though they have no clue of you      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 man hattan
Msg: 276
What is it with men N freaking condoms!!!!!!!!!!!Page 12 of 24    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24)
Lots of women don't like condoms either. In my experience, most women expect the man to give up the condom after a few months of dating. "Don't you trust me?" is a question I've heard plenty of times. Sure, she may be on the pill. But how would I know if she forgot to take it the last three days? That's a main reason I got a vasectomy.
 Swann85
Msg: 277
view profile
History
What is it with men N freaking condoms!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted: 1/10/2008 9:03:24 AM
I think in my entire life I have gotten of only twice with a condom on, but still I use them every time till well into a relationship at least 6 months, now the question I really wanted to ask is, I have gotten tested many times in my life for me its like a regular check up and so far im all clean but never once have I gotten a paper saying I was clean they just give me a card and they say if something is wrong they will call and ill have to use the number on the card to get the results from them when they do. do you have to ask special or something???
 seattlerain11
Msg: 278
Posted: 1/10/2008 11:46:00 AM

Non drug using, purely heterosexual men are not at significant risk for contracting STD's from a woman using their standard equipment.
Put simply, the risk for healthy men engaged in heterosexual activity is a fraction of what it would be for a homosexual man engaged with another homosexual man.

I read through this tread and rolled my eyes at a few things stated as 'fact', but...

Congratulations, ZeroGravity... you win the award for the most uneducated thing said in this entire thread.

To restate what you said: "A straight man screwing a woman is not at significant risk of contracting a STD."

Wow... just, wow.

James, Port Orchard, Washington, USA, Earth
 The Ace in the Hole
Msg: 279
Posted: 1/10/2008 12:49:40 PM
Swann, I'm not sure where you live or how your medical system works there, but here in Canada you can request a printout of the results. You have to pay like $15 or something for the report. If you do it with another person (ie. your girlfriend goes in with you to get tested together) they'll sit you both down upon your approval and give you the results together. I've had it done with someone once before and this is how it was done. I've always wondered how you go about asking someone to actually GET a test! There's no nice way to put it is there? Any way you slice it you are saying "sorry honey, I don't trust what you've stuck up there....and I ain't takin' any chances with you. But I trust you and I really like you as a person! I just don't trust you down there." I'd be a little insulted if a girl asked. I'd do it to reassure her but I'd be insulted nonetheless. If I got an STI, which I hope I never do, I'd be getting it treated immediately and I woudln't be having sex until I was told it was all cleared up and no chance of it lingering. If they said 6 months I'd wait 6 months. Unless it was herpes, but then I'd take the necessary precautions and make sure to inform the girl what the deal was and give her the option to say no. I noticed a girl from my city on here the other day who was looking for intimate encounters. She said she has guys coming over every day so if she doesn't email you back she apologizes but there's only so many days in a week. Then she says "oh, by the way I have herpes simplex, so if you aren't cool then don't bother messaging me". What kind of a man does it take to say "hey, cool....she's hot, but she's got the wart....but I'm down with that....I'll just lick around it!". My word some people need to give their head a shake! Unless you already HAVE herpes...then I guess you are cool. Birds of a feather SHOULD flock together in these instances!

Seattlerain, I don't know HOW I missed that quote from Zerogravity's message but thank you for pointing it out! Can we pre-deliver the Darwin Award already?! If not I say we at least get the engraving done ahead of time to ensure a speedy delivery when the time comes.
 racheljay
Msg: 280
Posted: 1/10/2008 1:21:26 PM
Well it's definately a double standard. I hear about women who would rather NOT have sex with a condom for the different sensations alone, so it's not just men. Everyone needs to just take responsibility for their own safety. If they won't, you should.
 seattlerain11
Msg: 281
Posted: 1/10/2008 3:56:34 PM

I've always wondered how you go about asking someone to actually GET a test! There's no nice way to put it is there? Any way you slice it you are saying "sorry honey, I don't trust what you've stuck up there....and I ain't takin' any chances with you. But I trust you and I really like you as a person! I just don't trust you down there." I'd be a little insulted if a girl asked. I'd do it to reassure her but I'd be insulted nonetheless.

Hey Deuce,

I think it's all perspective. Why not put in on YOU, not her...: "Hey hot chick, I really want to have unprotected sex with you, but let's both get tested since you don't know where *I* have been, and honestly, you don't know where a guy in your past may have been either."

Getting tested can be a bit scary... and embarrassing, but I GUARANTEE that the health workers respect you for coming in and don't think less of you in any way whatsoever.

James, Port Orchard.
 The Ace in the Hole
Msg: 282
Posted: 1/10/2008 4:29:37 PM
Well James that's certainly nicer to put it that way than the way I worded it! LOL I wouldn't actually say what I said.....but one can only imagine! I still wouldn't have unprotected sex......I'm a baby machine. I'll leave that to the gambling men. I for one have rolled the dice and crapped out nearly EVERY time......luckily only the one case materialized into a child. And I woudln't trade him for anything!
 crusinB
Msg: 283
Posted: 1/10/2008 4:46:56 PM
It;s all about personal responsibility and respect, I am of the belief having sex to early changes the dynamics of a relationship, actually sometimes it ends it...
 vaxplant
Msg: 284
Posted: 1/10/2008 4:59:20 PM

do married couples wear condoms?

If she can't take birth control medications for one reason or another... yes!

Otherwise, that's how babies are made (especially when it's not a good time for them to be made).
 roddw
Msg: 285
Posted: 1/10/2008 5:03:11 PM
the op has since gotten old and died of aids as she thinks it's all up to the guy.
Why is she so pissed, buy some rubbers and shut it.
This lady may actually be a registered voter!
im in favor of natural selection but we may need to speed it up for this one.
and to all the ladies that are packin rubbers and being responsable to spontaniuos sexual encounters, 100,000,000 kisses to you all.
 stnrphilip
Msg: 286
Posted: 1/20/2008 12:46:12 AM
Well i too have something to say about all of this hype about the Condoms..lol . It is kind of childish to be only haveing sex just to calm that craving down, and especialy when one is not useing a condom. First, if you are just going for the hit-it-andforget-it thing, USE A COMDOM!!! please!. Seccond, if you are in a commited relationship with one-1 Monogamous partner, and you both have been checked and are clean. Then i can see forgetting the condoms, but..you also then have to pull out, or risk cumming in the girl, and getting her pregnant. It is really up to both partners. While Useing a Condom does drasticaly cut down on the Pregnancy and STD's, a Condom does limit the feelings, and the fun too!. I mean come on... It is rubber, and not the real thing, you know??..lol i can atest that being in a Monogamous relationship and not useing a Condom totaly makes the sex so much better for both!! but you have to be ready for what can happen from not useing a Condom..all in all it goes both ways on this topic. I say that if you are with only one partner, and both of you are willing to take the risks in not useing a Condom then go for it!! right??..i mean, there has to be pleasure right?? along with safety..
 []mephistopheles[]
Msg: 287
Posted: 1/20/2008 12:53:22 AM
heres an idea then, go to the ****ing health department and pick up free condoms. they'll give you practically a whole damned box. Don't **** because a man doesn't have a condom, take some damned intiative and get some yourself for him to use if it bothers you so much
 mheath4
Msg: 288
What is it with
Posted: 1/20/2008 1:56:17 AM
Savory77

Your reference left out one important thing. There is no reliable way to test men for HPV.
 Ravenstar66
Msg: 289
view profile
History
Posted: 1/20/2008 9:19:38 AM
No condom

No sex

Deal with it
 annasthasia
Msg: 290
Posted: 1/20/2008 9:29:43 AM
@Ravenstar66

Now... One comment mentioned by men on here that really made me smile...

According to certain male gender on here, apparently we, the women, DO LIKE THE FEELING when a man wears a condom...

Now, at the risk of going against the current, I, (I am a woman), have never felt a difference whether the man wore a condom or not... I prefer a condom, for obvious reasons, but also, I am not left with the mess.

I went on my own private survey and lo and behold, out of 20 women I asked of various ages, 18 out of 20 admitted to not FEEL a difference whether the man wears a condom or not... Soooooooooo, draw your own conclusions.

Booting myself out of this thread...
 seattlerain11
Msg: 291
Posted: 1/20/2008 9:51:04 AM
GREAT post, Annasthasia.

In my own unofficial survey of women who require condoms, I have found exactly the same results. I also agree with you on the mess issue (not to mention the accursed 'wet spot').

I'm sure there will be a HUGE line of women stating just the opposite, shrug.... I think we should have a large Get Together and do some actual blindfolded testing.

James, Port Orchard, Washington, USA Earth
 Unknownlove
Msg: 292
Posted: 1/20/2008 6:56:20 PM
considering i only had one sexual partner in my life, nope i won't be cause the next one i put it in is probably going to be the one im married. Never used a condom and don't plan too. Not all guys let their little one think for them.
 Good looking/easy going
Msg: 293
Posted: 1/20/2008 9:25:00 PM
I have to say that this sometimes goes both ways. A while ago I went home with a girl I was dating (2nd date) and things were getting hot and she said "don't worry you don't need to wear a condom." I already had it in my hand and I was floored. I ended up leaving...frustrated by the way...but I left...So this goes both ways. Why would you as a woman feel it's ok to have sex with me, without a condom on the 2nd date? You don't know me well enough to leave it off. Too bad...but this happens to men too!!!
 shyshowoff
Msg: 294
Posted: 1/20/2008 9:36:57 PM
Am I paranoid to always bring and only use my own condom and never trust a girl's condom?

No I'm not talking female vs. male style condoms, but I am worried she might put holes in them.
 aromantic2
Msg: 295
view profile
History
Posted: 1/20/2008 10:04:32 PM
GUys aren't as prone to infections aren't affected by the latent viri in the same way. I mean the ones that are asymptomatic until you develope uterine ,cervical or ovarian cancers. They don't test for em don't know if the is one besides HPV. That one at lwast shows up as sores. Condoms fail !1 in every three times because of the very thing you cited they don't get used. The y sit on the shelf and guess what happens to latex over time? Yep! it becomes brittle and likely to tear or rupture. We are carriers but they don't affect us that way they do women. I know of about 6 that had to have hysterectomies because of the little buggers.
 desireu35
Msg: 296
Posted: 1/20/2008 10:11:12 PM
hey top draw night table and two in the console of my truck never leave home with out them. no glove no love it works both ways and i would only consider going with out if it where a serious commitment and we both were willing to be tested. i really hope this is not the norm for you but i do remember a study being done recently as to the increase in STDs' in young to mid twenties people and the pole of them stated boredom of condoms if you could believe it.
 regalrose
Msg: 297
view profile
History
Posted: 1/21/2008 12:31:54 AM
Well, just a lil' info for ya clockworkboy and those like ya....you can look up a list of all std's and find that not all give symptoms....and when you ask to be tested, they usually (at least in my area) only test for the most common and AIDS....the rest? well, you could be a carrier and not even KNOW, so don't be so sure you are so clean! Go get tested and ask to be tested for those less common. You might be lucky, or you might just find you aren't as clean as ya thought ya were!
 Kliewer_Stunts
Msg: 298
Posted: 1/21/2008 1:28:22 AM
I have two simple rules that I adbide by, everything else goes!

Condom is a must, and I'll never finish inside a girl. Mix the two together and you've got a fool proof plan! Besides it's more fun to get a little messy when things are at their peak anyways.
 The Ace in the Hole
Msg: 299
Posted: 1/21/2008 6:47:05 AM
Gottalovebbws, I am completely on your side here. I refuse to have sex without a condom unless I am in a serious relationship with the person and we have discussed and agreed to have another child. That, my friends, isn't happening ever again, so I''m investing in Lifestyles Corp. and Latex Ltd. and will wear a rubber until my vasectomy is done and the waiting period is up, and even then I'll likely wear one after for the most part unless I'm in a really serious relationship. But most likley it'll stay on as a safety net if she's not on the pill/patch/shot then, or maybe by then the male oral contraceptive will be available! I have walked away from sex bc either the condom broke or it she had an old one (I keep good tabs on mine) or neither of us had one period. And in the case of where a girl will insist I don't use it I am DEFINITELY done. If I was in a relationship with this person I could hear them out first before saying UH NO! LOL But if its' someone I'm just dating, or maybe even a first or second date, I'm going to get upset bc like you said they do not know where I've been and I don't know what's been inside them! And the fact that someone is willing to take the risk of getting pregnant with someone they don't even know scares the hell out of me!

Another point I'd like to make is people keep mentioning the life span of a condom and they fear using them bc they are not reliable if they are expired. I only buy the 12 packs just in case, even if I'm having a LOT of sex unless I'm in a serious relationship, because you never know when you might hit a dry spell or break up with your current gf/bf. At least if you are in a committed relationship you can bank on using up a 48 pack, hopefully in short order! But if you can't use up a 12-pack, or heck even a 3-pack before the expiry date perhaps you need to take a step back and consider your sex life! Maybe you don't like sex or it's not high on your priorities and if it happens it happens but otherwise meh. I just grabbed the condom I keep in my jacket here and checked the expiry date. The expiry on it is 11/2011. That's 4 years from now! If you don't use up the condoms you bought in four years why are you holding on to them?! Give them to people who will use them! I have some worries about using condoms from other people too, as one poster mentioned he fears holes being poked in them. This is why I always bring my own. I don't think women are malicious in general, but I'm sure there are some out there that want to trap a man. They are probably very few in numbers, but the fear is still there. I'm sure there are guys that have done the same thing too!
 healthconscious
Msg: 300
Posted: 1/28/2008 5:27:41 PM

Guys you do not know where she has been, and if she gives you sex on the first night, Get your head out of the cloud, she gives it to everyone else --

while that is true of some, I would appreciate you not painting us all with the same brush. Maybe the girl married her high school sweetheart and 20 years later and a divorce, she needs to let loose for a bit. Maybe she wanted to break a dry spell of 3, 5, 10 years, whatever. Maybe...there's lots of other reasons. What about the fact that if he's willing to do it with the girl on the first night, then who did he do it with last night? And, did he wear a condom last night or did he think that he's invincible, went bareback, because he thinks he's special and won't get anything?

The thread here is about why men don't want to wear condoms and not about girls that will do it on the first night. In general, it's men that have an easier time with one night stands than women (noticed I said in general). In general, it's men that think of sex more often than women, but in general, it seems that the gender that thinks of it more often and wants to do it more often, doesn't seem to "THINK" of putting a condom on and has to be reminded, even when they are right there, at an arm's reach.

Although the responsibility should be on both, it is interesting that the brunt of the responsibility seems to fall on the female for insisting to wear a condom for protection. ( did we set the precedence for ourselves with birth control?) And, why? It appears because he "doesn't like it", or "he can't feel anything". But, then, I wonder what guy would own up to saying, "I have a death wish", or, "I'm not responsible, but just a big schmuck"? That's not to say that there are women that are doing the same, and it's irrelevant about who should be providing the condoms, because again, the thread is about "Men N freaking condoms". (although a thread can always be started on the other topics, if they don't exist already)

It's not only about who was with who the night before. As many have pointed out, there are many STD's that can go completely undetected. There are many more STD's nowadays than there has ever been, and gone are the days when all we had to worry about was a pregnancy. (I miss the seventies, too). To me, it's a complete turnoff to hear that someone I am/was attracted to does not take responsibility for his own health by protecting himself.

Unless I'm in a committed, monogamous relationship, I am going to be responsible and insist that condoms are a must.
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Men seem to think bareback is ok even though they have no clue of your past.