Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Men seem to think bareback is ok even though they have no clue of you      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 OjosAzules777
Msg: 326
What is it with men N freaking condoms!!!!!!!!!!!Page 14 of 24    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24)
I've never met ONE woman who thought I was a manwhore for having condoms.
 islandprincessnikkie
Msg: 327
What is it with men N freaking condoms!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted: 3/13/2009 4:25:52 PM
OP: Great post. I agree with you 100 percent
 joedick
Msg: 328
Posted: 3/13/2009 4:31:02 PM
my x broke up with me cus i didnt wanna have sex without 1 im 19 i dont needa kid now and lol 2 weeks later she gets preg with some guy :)
 saraonagain
Msg: 329
Posted: 3/13/2009 5:03:48 PM
I think it is true, all to often men don't want to use them... It makes me uncomfortable. They know nothing about me yet they would be willing to trust me and sleep with me anyway.. Yeah I am good I think everyone should carry around condoms in there pockets or purse. I always carry one in my purse better safe than sorry... Just my two cents. Sara
 mandakay
Msg: 330
Posted: 3/13/2009 5:08:09 PM
If I go on a date with a guy who has kids, I make him wear one at all times. At the movies, at dinner, ect. Fertile men scare me.
 amgreggor
Msg: 331
view profile
History
Posted: 3/14/2009 4:41:28 AM

just a bit of information...you don't die from AIDS. you die from opportunistic infections that result from having an immune suppression. such as Pneumocystis carinii, cryptosporidium parvum, cyrptococcus neoformans etc.
& yes if you have unprotected sex you increase your chances of contracting AIDS or other nasty stuff. & although as one poster said there should be a home std test available...the variety of stds prevents such a thing from being possible. Some are parasitic, some are bacterial, some are viral.

Hows about MRSA a.k.a. flesh eating disease ? mmmmmm yummy!!!!!!!!
 amgreggor
Msg: 332
view profile
History
Posted: 3/14/2009 4:45:42 AM
Here is a thread on condoms and
rcwiz says the word 'inflation'

ok thats my 4 cents worth. you know inflation and all

Maybe I'm just in an odd 'Beavis and Butthead' mood tonight but that struck me as funny!!!
inflation ha!
 .Marc
Msg: 333
view profile
History
Posted: 3/14/2009 4:55:57 AM
I tend to be the kind of person that waits until they really know someone to sleep with them. (Therefore, the whole "no clue of her past" thing is eliminated.) I'm also the sort of person that knows that a condom is not just to keep pregnancy at bay... and I don't want children anyhow, so I don't play these games.

What confuses me about this subject is why women put up with this behavior. There are two solutions to this problem as I see them:
Scenario #1

Woman: Do you have a condom?
Man: Naw, but we don't need one.
Woman: Get out.

Problem solved, man learns a valuable lesson.

Scenario #2

Woman: Do you have a condom?
Man: Naw, but we don't need one.
Woman: Yes we do. *Opens third drawer from the left.* Here.

Problem solved.

The real question, I guess, is why you would put your safety in the hands of someone else. Yes, you should expect the man to take responsibility, but at the end of the day he's not the one who will have massive biological consequences if things go wrong... protecting yourself only seems sensible.
 seattlerain11
Msg: 334
Posted: 3/15/2009 8:40:43 AM
Amgreggor said
Hows about MRSA a.k.a. flesh eating disease ? mmmmmm yummy!!!!!!!!

Um... MRSA?? Are you serious?

Unless you're performing surgery while you have sex, then getting MSRA isn't possible. Do you really think it's a STD?

Marc Said
I tend to be the kind of person that waits until they really know someone to sleep with them. (Therefore, the whole "no clue of her past" thing is eliminated.)

Do you REALLY believe that "getting to know someone" gives you some special insight into any diseases they may have, STD or otherwise? You realize that you can talk with someone for years, fall in love them, know about every one of their past sexual partners and STILL contract herpes the first time you have sex with them, right?

James, Seattle, Washington, USA, Earth
 j0e0717
Msg: 335
Posted: 3/15/2009 9:21:55 AM
I don't want to be an advocate for taking unnecessary risks, but if you KNEW the person with whom you were about to have sex with had an std, would you still have sex with them with a condom? Most people will say no, because lets admit it.. it's "too risky."

So now I have to wonder.. why are you putting so much faith in condoms, when, it comes down to it.. you don't really trust them to protect you? Food for thought
 GerberData
Msg: 336
Posted: 3/15/2009 9:45:01 AM
I don't find it necessary to carry condoms. Then again, I am unlikely to pick someone up in a bar and have sex with them. Maybe the responsibility thing should start before you ask the guy if he has one!
 .Marc
Msg: 337
view profile
History
Posted: 3/15/2009 3:29:19 PM
James, true enough.... so I suppose part of the "getting to know them" portion should involve a blood test.
 amgreggor
Msg: 338
view profile
History
Posted: 3/15/2009 4:17:22 PM

Um... MRSA?? Are you serious?

Unless you're performing surgery while you have sex, then getting MSRA isn't possible. Do you really think it's a STD?

I was referring to opportunistic infections. Technically speaking you can get MRSA anywhere. Theres a little boy in the next county who was playing sports and he fell and cut his lip. It was just a little cut on his lip. The MRSA was on/in the ground and took hold before anyone knew what was happening. The hospital did what they could, but he is seriously disfigured for life. Sad.

No, MRSA is not an STD, but its something thats not only in hospitals either.
 Solar Angel
Msg: 339
Posted: 3/15/2009 4:39:51 PM
well I believe in condom use...however there is a sensation loss...all things being equal I think to make sure protection for both partner and take the sensation away from the female as well....Insert plastic tube in to the vagina...and the male wears his condom...that way nobody feels nothing....lol
 ConcreteCowboyFl
Msg: 340
Posted: 4/15/2009 9:12:21 PM
Instead of a photo album in the wallet ,plastic thing. I'm going to market the "condom album" ,lol. Just swap one for the other.
 Autumn Marie
Msg: 341
view profile
History
Posted: 4/15/2009 9:34:52 PM
No glove, no love!

Unless he's allergic to the latex, which now they have alternatives for people who are allergic to regular condoms, then ditch 'em.
 lovellyman123
Msg: 342
Posted: 4/15/2009 10:46:36 PM
Boy I know what you mean about the feeling, that's why I choose to stay out of the action. For me I 'd want to do all my test and have ready results. And you have to learn to slow down. Because when you fall in raw, it hard to pull out. especially if you get involved and had time to check things out. Better than one night stands, but this is easier said than done, so strap up and buy a pack until all . finally bareback is something that both parties need to watch each others back on. Same thing goes for pregnancy, if you both dig each other enough to do it raw then you know how to work the law. peace
 CHUCKY70
Msg: 343
view profile
History
Posted: 7/15/2009 6:30:21 PM
No glove,No love
 Einstein09
Msg: 344
Posted: 7/15/2009 10:35:04 PM
if i wanted to have sex with something rubber, I'd get a toy. But, intercourse isn't everything to me, so if she wants the rubber, then I'd rather have fun in other ways. Can't feel anything with a rubber on, so it becomes a job instead of enjoyable.
 edster1224
Msg: 345
Posted: 7/15/2009 10:40:48 PM
Unfortuneately, men don't worry about the risks. That's why the men who die from STDs or end up paying child support previously thought it would never happen to them. I usually practiced safe sex unless I'd been with her for several months or so. Of course, with my first wife, I still practiced safe sex since we weren't ready for children. Since the marriage didn't last I guess we never were and didn't have any.

Ed
 mrd50
Msg: 346
view profile
History
Posted: 7/16/2009 10:13:21 PM
I can't speak from experience because I don't have any (it's been over 9 years),
so this is only based on my beliefs, but I'd think the woman would bring up
the subject of protection some time before. And if she didn't, then I probably
would; and I only say 'probably' because as I said I haven't had any recent
experience. I respect women, for whatever reason, and I'll honor all their
wishes/decisions. Especially when they're allowing a penis to enter their body.
 AKissingVixen
Msg: 347
Posted: 7/16/2009 10:56:53 PM
Everyone prefers a raw dawg, not just men....if you really care about the person..go get a test before you invest.
 Prylo
Msg: 348
Posted: 7/16/2009 11:42:44 PM
Protip: Give BJ's instead.
 spicynicegirl
Msg: 349
Posted: 7/17/2009 12:25:27 AM
Well said vixen. I think that if everyone was honest that is what we would all agree.

However in this world of "who knows what you can catch" the safe thing to do is to use condoms obviously.

I will say this. If I was seeing someone in a LTR I would eventually go bareback.
 ThomasJS1
Msg: 350
view profile
History
Posted: 7/17/2009 12:46:23 AM
Don't know about others but, I'll never use a condom. Then again I'm kinda old fashioned and will Not have sex with someone unless I'm 100% sure I'll be spending my life with them and want kids with them.

Just my opinion though.
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Men seem to think bareback is ok even though they have no clue of your past.