Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Pandy
Msg: 36
What is it with men N freaking condoms!!!!!!!!!!!Page 2 of 24    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24)

But if one gets to know their partner well enough before being intimate with them, it's not so much of an issue. Where is it engraved in stone that we should just jump into bed with someone?

I didn't say anything about promiscuity or knowing a partner, and I am in a relationship in which I trust my partner and have moved past using condoms....BUT, I find it idiotic to make the assumption that someone is disease free because of societal factors.
 sass393
Msg: 38
view profile
History
What is it with men N freaking condoms!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted: 11/12/2005 7:11:28 PM
just a bit of information...you don't die from AIDS. you die from opportunistic infections that result from having an immune suppression. such as Pneumocystis carinii, cryptosporidium parvum, cyrptococcus neoformans etc.
& yes if you have unprotected sex you increase your chances of contracting AIDS or other nasty stuff. & although as one poster said there should be a home std test available...the variety of stds prevents such a thing from being possible. Some are parasitic, some are bacterial, some are viral. all these require different testing methods which is why they are done in labs & not at home. It would cost a fortune to have home testing kits & you'd have to get more than one type to cover everything out there.
 Pandy
Msg: 39
Posted: 11/12/2005 7:15:35 PM
I can only speak for myself and it hasn't happened to me. And yes, I have exchanged my 'test' with every person I've been intimate with and vice versa. It's what educated, responsible adults do

just go with the flow....
throw caution to the wind.
Roulette?
take a chance

well, pardon me ....but with the bits in bold quoted above,Joy... I just assumed that you were taking chances...I missed the part about the tests in your first post ;)
 Joy.
Msg: 42
Posted: 11/12/2005 7:22:36 PM
I think we all agree that even with a test in hand, you still would not have unprotected sex with someone you just met. I mean, c'mon.....but once you are at a point in your relationship when the trust has been built, you just have to trust your instincts, hence my statements...go with the flow, throw caution to the wind, etc., etc. I'm not saying this is how every person should handle themself but is merely my own personal view. You have to do what is right for you. As everyone else, I am entitled to my opinion on the matter and if that makes me a bad person, then I'm a bad person. I refuse to live my life in fear...if that were the case, I'd never fly or get into an automobile again.

And I still maintain that those who insist upon using a condom EVERY time they have sex are probably having unprotected oral sex but either will not admit it or they are so naive they see no danger in that act.
 sass393
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Posted: 11/12/2005 7:25:43 PM
^^^ I totally agree on the oral part!!
isn't that why they make flavored condoms ;)
 popeye58tim
Msg: 44
Posted: 11/12/2005 7:42:43 PM
It's kinda funny reading this heated debate on the use or lack of use of condoms...
let us refer back to the subject of swallowing...
I seem to remember that several of you girls that say you would'nt F*ck anyone without a condom say that you swallow...
Just curious
 badbadgirl
Msg: 45
Posted: 11/12/2005 7:47:27 PM
with a one-night stand i don't have oral sex.and i won't let him go down on me either.

but it's true...we have this tendency to think oral sex is not risky.
 JokerWild
Msg: 46
Posted: 11/12/2005 7:58:24 PM
H*ll yea we're worried about the risks of having sex with no condoms, but many of us don't care once we get heated up. Personally if I don't have any protection then I'll just take two cold showers, drink a glass of warm milk, read a few chapters in a stephen king novel and go to bed...but not before sliding a magnum in my wallet.
 BPMG
Msg: 48
Posted: 11/13/2005 2:00:12 AM
I was once single, go figure. I had a girl once that was offended when I started to pull the wrapper off of a condom when we were just about to have sex. She told me, you don't need that. I smiled and said you're right. Then I left.

CHuck
 Tinkle
Msg: 50
Posted: 11/13/2005 7:30:34 AM
If I am getting laid, I will put anything on my**** Beats missing out.
 nicemale
Msg: 51
Posted: 11/13/2005 10:59:56 AM
I am not willing to have saveless sex with a woman I dont know to much....
A lot woman who look clean carry problems, I just dont want to have them.
When the time is right I (affair, relationship) I am glad to play without!!!!!
The reason why I carry my own condoms is pretty easy.
I need goodonce/rightonce ..... If a condome dont fit you can forget it!!!
 dcx10
Msg: 55
Posted: 11/13/2005 1:04:09 PM

Seems like we're scared of everything these days. I think we all make the decision at one point to just go with the flow....it feels sooooo much better without the condom and we throw caution to the wind. Perhaps I think too much like a guy but I definitely prefer skin against skin. Roulette? Perhaps, but what fun is living if you can't take a chance every now and again??

Yes riding bareback is the best.

However, I KNOW I am clean. I am not willing to take a chance to have sex bareback with any girl whom I don't know VERY VERY well. Why take the risk??? Is your life only worth a moment of pleasure?

Another thing is that I think there is less of a chacne that a woman would transmit HIV to a man than the other way around. Perhaps that's why guys in general don't care about condoms?
 dave1234
Msg: 61
view profile
History
Posted: 11/13/2005 2:36:10 PM

I smiled and said you're right. Then I left. (Msg #48)

I can't even begin to imagine the will power involved.
 MtLoopHiker
Msg: 63
Posted: 11/13/2005 7:20:09 PM
>

And then ask your local fundamentalist why they are against the latest vaccine that eradicates HPV damn near 100% of the time (as well as the cervical cancer that comes with it).
 oo_wolfden_oo
Msg: 64
Posted: 11/13/2005 7:40:16 PM
Wow this whole thread is a huge turn off for sex

Sex with condoms = useless sex, sorry I am not into the I'll put anything on just to have sex. Am I against condoms? no, but as Joy has stated when you know your sexual partner it shouldn't be an issue.

Those that are randomly having sex, I agree, put a condom on. Those that don't have random sex and prefer to know their sexual partner it's not as important. It doesn't take much to see your local doctor and be screened. I can wait for how ever long it takes before having safe sex.
 MtLoopHiker
Msg: 65
Posted: 11/13/2005 7:55:27 PM
fackker said
i can 't belive this stupid post! i bet your pregnant right now!
or have a diesese....

Exactly who are you directing that effluent at??
 amberbrechey
Msg: 67
Posted: 11/14/2005 3:00:34 AM
well honestly I really think now it is the girls responsibility to carry a condom on her just as much as it is the guys , If he does say I dont have one , well arnt we lucky I do , Man you just have to use them not scary stuff , I like my monkey too much to risk it turning green and falling off ,
 kepataru
Msg: 68
Posted: 11/14/2005 3:04:59 AM
I don't see why guy have a problem with them it feels just as good either way. That and it is alot safer.
 dud
Msg: 69
Posted: 11/14/2005 4:21:40 AM
....or you could just carry some yourself

but i guess complaining might work too
 amberbrechey
Msg: 70
Posted: 11/14/2005 4:27:38 AM
HEY HEY HEY HEY I said its just as much the girls responsibility to carry them now too so there is no complaining
 dud
Msg: 71
Posted: 11/14/2005 4:28:23 AM
sorry amber, i just read the OP

p.s. -
 dave1234
Msg: 74
view profile
History
Posted: 11/14/2005 7:20:28 PM

I've lost 14 friends so far to aids

14 friends!!!!! Were/are you a member of a swinger's club or something?
 havarockstar
Msg: 78
Posted: 11/14/2005 8:35:40 PM
i always wear a condom i dont want what u have lol
 coggin1
Msg: 79
Posted: 11/14/2005 8:46:24 PM
I always carry them with me, But i wont lie i have barebacked before but its always been with someone i know and trust
 jasonman74
Msg: 81
view profile
History
Posted: 11/15/2005 5:28:36 AM
I agree yardape.Condoms suck!I personally would rather not have sex if I have to use one.I guess I won't be getting any from these girls.lol.I went for my first STD check last month and I am glad to say that I was clean.The part with the swab was very painful!Maybe if people wouldn't have like 50 partners they wouldn't have to worry about rubbers.;)I'll just wait for that special girl that I can have some real fun without the sock on my ****.;)I know I am gonna catch some flack for this post.
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  >