Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Men seem to think bareback is ok even though they have no clue of you      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 prettyniave
Msg: 26
What is it with men N freaking condoms!!!!!!!!!!!Page 2 of 24    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24)
i keep them in my bedroom all the time...for just in case emergencies.
 Joy.
Msg: 27
What is it with men N freaking condoms!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted: 11/12/2005 6:49:58 PM
I'm putting someone else at risk?? LOL...you're assuming I have AIDS, which I do not. Nor do I have any other sexually transmittable diseases. I am extremely careful about whom I sleep with and would never have unprotected sex with someone I just met. I find it hard to believe that you have NEVER had sex without a condom and if you haven't....you do not know what you are missing!!

You know what they say....discretion is the better part of valor. I guess if you are picking up vagabonds and street thugs, you might have to be more careful but that is not my style.
 badbadgirl
Msg: 28
Posted: 11/12/2005 6:52:13 PM
i've got news for u:everybody can have aids,not only vagabonds and thugs

and even if u know the guy very well,what tells u that he is clean?

Pandy
Msg: 29
Posted: 11/12/2005 6:55:08 PM

i've got news for u:everybody can have aids,not only vagabonds and thugs

I agree, bbg...it's the height of stupidity for anyone to assume that because someone is clean cut looking, or a decent person that they must intrinsically be disease free.
I wouldn't touch anyone that had that kind of reasoning with a lysol coated condom...
 Joy.
Msg: 30
Posted: 11/12/2005 6:55:26 PM
But not EVERYONE has aids....geez!! Lighten up!!

I truly appreciate your concern but I've managed to avoid any type of STD for the more than 25 years I've been having sex so I'm doing ok. It's a trust issue and clearly many people do not trust the people they are sleeping with. I guess I'm fortunate in that respect.
 mystlw
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Posted: 11/12/2005 6:57:48 PM

it's the height of stupidity for anyone to assume that because someone is clean cut looking, or a decent person that they must intrinsically be disease free.

But if one gets to know their partner well enough before being intimate with them, it's not so much of an issue. Where is it engraved in stone that we should just jump into bed with someone?
 Joy.
Msg: 32
Posted: 11/12/2005 7:03:14 PM
^^^^I totally agree, mystlw. I've never had a one night stand and have only had sex with people I have been in a long standing relationship with. I guess I didn't realize this was targeted at people who had random sex. My bad.

I'm wondering now if these same people use a condom when giving/receiving oral sex. There is just as much 'danger' but I'm guessing that isn't taken into consideration most of the time.
 cotter
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Posted: 11/12/2005 7:05:59 PM
No man is going "bareback" with me in any of my body cavities until the test results are in his hand!
 badbadgirl
Msg: 34
Posted: 11/12/2005 7:06:27 PM
i will let u alone in your happy world where only bad people have aids and where cheaters don't exist.good luck

me i don't think the good sensations are worth the risk
 Joy.
Msg: 35
Posted: 11/12/2005 7:09:10 PM
I can only speak for myself and it hasn't happened to me. And yes, I have exchanged my 'test' with every person I've been intimate with and vice versa. It's what educated, responsible adults do.
 Pandy
Msg: 36
Posted: 11/12/2005 7:09:11 PM

But if one gets to know their partner well enough before being intimate with them, it's not so much of an issue. Where is it engraved in stone that we should just jump into bed with someone?

I didn't say anything about promiscuity or knowing a partner, and I am in a relationship in which I trust my partner and have moved past using condoms....BUT, I find it idiotic to make the assumption that someone is disease free because of societal factors.
 clockworkboy
Msg: 37
Posted: 11/12/2005 7:09:17 PM
^^^well, you sound clean, wanna bareback it? LMAO
 sass393
Msg: 38
view profile
History
Posted: 11/12/2005 7:11:28 PM
just a bit of information...you don't die from AIDS. you die from opportunistic infections that result from having an immune suppression. such as Pneumocystis carinii, cryptosporidium parvum, cyrptococcus neoformans etc.
& yes if you have unprotected sex you increase your chances of contracting AIDS or other nasty stuff. & although as one poster said there should be a home std test available...the variety of stds prevents such a thing from being possible. Some are parasitic, some are bacterial, some are viral. all these require different testing methods which is why they are done in labs & not at home. It would cost a fortune to have home testing kits & you'd have to get more than one type to cover everything out there.
 Pandy
Msg: 39
Posted: 11/12/2005 7:15:35 PM
I can only speak for myself and it hasn't happened to me. And yes, I have exchanged my 'test' with every person I've been intimate with and vice versa. It's what educated, responsible adults do

just go with the flow....
throw caution to the wind.
Roulette?
take a chance

well, pardon me ....but with the bits in bold quoted above,Joy... I just assumed that you were taking chances...I missed the part about the tests in your first post ;)
 melbuck3
Msg: 40
Posted: 11/12/2005 7:15:38 PM
A rare occassion, I am agreeing with Badbadgirl!

And as for Joy, here is a lesson for you, Aides can sit dormant in a person for years without it being discovered on a blood test, so making a claim of not having it isn't so to anyone who is sexually active with multiple partners, same as herpies. Plus, a lot of transmitted diseases are not just the domain of intercourse, oral sex is a huge factor these days!

And another lesson, the fastest growning segment who is contracting herpies and aides isn't the vagabonds or street thugs, it is in the the corporate sector, and that is why for the past 9 yrs, aides testing is manditory for insurance companies on a regular basis with high dollar policies! So discretion is a fools safeguard!

The simple bottom line today is that ignorance breeds disease, every person you exchange sexual fluids with, you are doing so with them and every other person they've had sexual contact with!
 K3VLAR
Msg: 41
Posted: 11/12/2005 7:18:08 PM
I've tried different brands of condoms. Durex Sensi-Thin is my fav
my gf doesn't like using condoms though, cuz shes on the pill
I think its a lot less messy if I wrap it up first
 Joy.
Msg: 42
Posted: 11/12/2005 7:22:36 PM
I think we all agree that even with a test in hand, you still would not have unprotected sex with someone you just met. I mean, c'mon.....but once you are at a point in your relationship when the trust has been built, you just have to trust your instincts, hence my statements...go with the flow, throw caution to the wind, etc., etc. I'm not saying this is how every person should handle themself but is merely my own personal view. You have to do what is right for you. As everyone else, I am entitled to my opinion on the matter and if that makes me a bad person, then I'm a bad person. I refuse to live my life in fear...if that were the case, I'd never fly or get into an automobile again.

And I still maintain that those who insist upon using a condom EVERY time they have sex are probably having unprotected oral sex but either will not admit it or they are so naive they see no danger in that act.
 sass393
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Posted: 11/12/2005 7:25:43 PM
^^^ I totally agree on the oral part!!
isn't that why they make flavored condoms ;)
 popeye58tim
Msg: 44
Posted: 11/12/2005 7:42:43 PM
It's kinda funny reading this heated debate on the use or lack of use of condoms...
let us refer back to the subject of swallowing...
I seem to remember that several of you girls that say you would'nt F*ck anyone without a condom say that you swallow...
Just curious
 badbadgirl
Msg: 45
Posted: 11/12/2005 7:47:27 PM
with a one-night stand i don't have oral sex.and i won't let him go down on me either.

but it's true...we have this tendency to think oral sex is not risky.
 JokerWild
Msg: 46
Posted: 11/12/2005 7:58:24 PM
H*ll yea we're worried about the risks of having sex with no condoms, but many of us don't care once we get heated up. Personally if I don't have any protection then I'll just take two cold showers, drink a glass of warm milk, read a few chapters in a stephen king novel and go to bed...but not before sliding a magnum in my wallet.
 collegeguy505
Msg: 47
Posted: 11/12/2005 10:28:10 PM
In my experiences, it's the WOMAN who wants me to go 'bareback'. As I said, MY experiences. Why? Of course it feels better, but truthfully, sex is great with or without the condom. It's sex. I know for a fact that one of them just wanted me to get her pregnant, though, which was rather devious I thought. And I did say no...
 BPMG
Msg: 48
Posted: 11/13/2005 2:00:12 AM
I was once single, go figure. I had a girl once that was offended when I started to pull the wrapper off of a condom when we were just about to have sex. She told me, you don't need that. I smiled and said you're right. Then I left.

CHuck
 clockworkboy
Msg: 49
Posted: 11/13/2005 2:59:44 AM
^^^^gay or a liar!!!! lol
 Blu_guru
Msg: 50
Posted: 11/13/2005 3:36:00 AM
lots and lots of sperm leave the penis Before ejaculation. guys should be aware of this shouldnt they?
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Men seem to think bareback is ok even though they have no clue of your past.