Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Men seem to think bareback is ok even though they have no clue of you      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 happybunny8
Msg: 551
What is it with men N freaking condoms!!!!!!!!!!!Page 23 of 24    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24)

Really? I find it kind of funny that a few times when i had a condom with me when i was about to have sex (clothes are half off at this point), the girl turns to me and says "You actually brought a condom... ugh.. you mean you were expecting this?? You came all prepared for this didn't you? playerrrrr!"

Sounds like you are/were sleeping with girls, and not women.
 RushLuv
Msg: 552
What is it with men N freaking condoms!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted: 11/12/2010 7:40:10 AM
Each person should bring their own freakin condoms. Issue solved.
 bilby886
Msg: 553
view profile
History
Posted: 11/12/2010 7:55:10 AM
no condoms? fine! walk away, that's it

or just jerk each other off,
He will probably give you a song about it not being real sex blah blah blah

but stick two fingers in his anus and massage his prostate while you have a firm muscle grip on his penis and he'll howl with delight.

for your turn...
he jerks you off, sticks two fingers in your vagiina, directly or indirectly stimulates your clitoris, massages your G spot and hopefully you'll howl with delight too.

have a kiss and You'll both be alright. simple.
 ginamontecino
Msg: 554
Posted: 11/12/2010 8:40:17 AM
before anyone goes anywhere with anybody, it must be understood there will be no sex without proper protection. No one wants to die a horrible slow death because of a moment of pleasure. Wrap it and keep it clean.
 SpecificTruths
Msg: 555
Posted: 11/12/2010 9:04:08 AM
I almost laughed myself silly in college once.
Brought home a gal for a one-nighter and she confessed the next morning she was "freaked out" that I had condoms in my night table drawer.
She accused me of being a slutty whore the next day. I just laughed at that one; she would have been perfectly content for me to dive right in bareback, but because I actually give a rip about not getting someone pregnant, I'm a "slutty whore."

As Butthead said in that hallowed animated cartoon series: "Huh huh, some people are dumb."
 happybunny8
Msg: 556
Posted: 11/12/2010 9:16:19 AM
^^^^I have never ever understood this mentality. I might joke about it, but even at 15 I was thinking about sex and I knew even then that I would be using a condom and was even prepared to buy it myself.
 Big_fun_wave
Msg: 557
Posted: 11/12/2010 12:20:59 PM
I've also discovered that condoms with some people create a false sense of security. What I mean, more than once after I produced a condom before sex, the woman seemed to have the idea that just because I wanted to practice safe sex, that I do so often and therefore I'm likely to be std free. And then will sometimes hint at not bothering to use a condom for that matter. I've also heard of men having that attitude as well.
 Tigerbabygirl
Msg: 558
Posted: 11/13/2010 8:56:39 PM
It is women too, I know of a few that will sleep with any man that comes around and they refuse to have the guy wear condoms too. Just total stupidity really. I guess some just don't care until they actually contract an STD, it is well it won't happen to me.
 CountIbli
Msg: 559
Posted: 11/27/2010 3:57:04 PM
Some women object to condoms because they're running a scam. They want to get pregnant so that they can get welfare, medicaid, food stamps, subsidized housing, tax credits, and child support. As soon as the baby's out of the womb the mother is filing for protective orders against the father, even though he didn't do anything wrong. Sounds crazy (and in a way is crazy) but it happened to a friend of mine and almost happened to me.
 Rossjackson1985
Msg: 560
Posted: 11/28/2010 2:18:42 AM
jesus, looking in this thread, the hieght of paranoia is astounding. Must be an americanism. I don't wear condoms but then again i don't sleep around like a whore. I only sleep with some one after i get to know them. never had an STI.

Most STI's can be treated, except for HIV. but then again, you could be fit as a fiddle, catch a cold and drop dead. which does happen now and again. It's the game we play by merely being alive. Just a side note also, you don't die of aids.. aids (acquired immunodeficiency syndoime) is when you have no or next to no immune system. Most who have Aids actualy die of penumonia or a common cold.

I have had a few STI checks done in the past, ust for piece of mind, always clean. Probably cos people with STI's are pretty obvious, but maybe not to everyone. i have always been able to read people in sense.. probably why i am excellent at psychology :P

anyway, my father has created a nifty piece of kit, it's a small device that you put some fluid on (saliva, blood etc) connect it to your mobile phone (after getting the appropriate app ofc.) and it will tell you if you are clean or not and if not, it will tell you what you have. it won't be out for awhile and probably only in the UK a parts of Europe to start with.. but i am sure the americans and the rest of the world will get it not long after we do.
 happybunny8
Msg: 561
Posted: 11/28/2010 7:58:42 AM

Most STI's can be treated, except for HIV.

You may want to do a wee bit of research there buddy. Your whole post suggests the need for that. People with STI are pretty obvious? Ever spent any time with an HIV positive person or someone with herpes?

I do agree with your point about risk and the game we play being alive, but if the resources are there to help you, why not use them?
 Rossjackson1985
Msg: 562
Posted: 11/28/2010 10:30:32 AM
yes, i have actually.. spent some time down the clap clinic doing research for various case studies and biological reports. I also used to help out my uncle who had HIV (R.I.P). No research is needed :) i did also say most STI's can be treated..read between the lines :)

i'm all for the resources, just saying people are too paranoid in this day and age, but then again.. that is what the news and the papers want you to be like. But, to be fair.. if you want to have sex, that suggests that you are responsible enough to have a child or any other issue that may arise. Now. i'm not saying "don't use a condom." because that would be silly. what i'm trying to say is that don't be so paranoid.

sufficed to say, if your fella doesn't want to wear a condom and you don't trust him enough to know for sure if he is clean or not, wear a femidom. and if you don't like wearing a femidom..tough.. don't have sex if ya that worried about STI's.
 Email Tom Now
Msg: 563
Posted: 12/3/2010 9:31:17 PM
the OP asks:
sorry men but this is rather annoying especially cause it happens over n over arent u guys worried about any risks???

i reply:

i don't care if i do die

just so i make the juice fly

JP1111
Msg: 564
Posted: 12/3/2010 9:41:04 PM
Apparently based on your experience, there are none but in reality, men should be very aware. So why aren't they you ask, because some men like taking the chance. If it helps you, tell them you've had a STF in the past!
 Email Tom Now
Msg: 565
Posted: 12/29/2010 5:36:55 PM
i'm one of those men who feel ABSOLUTELY NOTHING with a condom on.

all i feel is my hips moving forward and backward. i might as well be reading a book or watching tv when i have one on.

zero, zip, nada.
 feline*
Msg: 566
view profile
History
Posted: 12/30/2010 7:20:36 AM
Oh dear RossJackson, I cannot believe your ignorance or arrogance .

<div class="quote"> ... I only sleep with some one after i get to know them.

Knowing someone is no guarantee of whether they have an STI or not. Neither are the results of most STI screens. Tests for HSV (herpes) and HPV (genital warts) are NOT part of the standard panel of STI tests. There is, in fact, no test for HPV in males.

<div class="quote"> ...Most STI's can be treated, except for HIV... ...Most who have Aids actualy die of penumonia or a common cold.

The symptoms of HSV can be treated. Once acquired, the virus itself continues to live in the nerve ganglia and can resurface, causing further cold sores.

Although sufferers of AIDS do generally die of more minor illnesses, the reason these minor ailments are deadly to them is because they have no immune system to fight off the infection. They have a deficient (or no) immune system due to HIV.

<div class="quote"> I have had a few STI checks done in the past, ... always clean.

Did you specifically request a blood test for HSV (see above) and had you waited at least 4 months since your last sexual encounter?

<div class="quote"> Probably cos people with STI's are pretty obvious ...

No actually they're not. It is estimated that up to 30% of sexually active Americans have HSV genitally, about 75% of those are unaware that they have the virus. Approximately 80% of Americans (including children) have HSV facially, aka the common cold sore.

Having said all of the above, and if anyone is still reading, the worst thing about genital cold sores is the stigma associated with it rather than the symptoms themselves.

There are several threads on PoF with some excellent information on the subject, including some source references. Could I respectfully suggest that you may find them educational!

Here's one to get you started:
http://forums.plentyoffish.com/datingPosts14215279.aspx
 A4RON
Msg: 567
view profile
History
Posted: 12/30/2010 11:08:20 AM
I've actually had the opposite effect.

Pulled out a condom and the girl took offense like she was a slut. Didn't want one used. Started asking how many partners etc.. Just a flip side to the conversation for you guys.
 happybunny8
Msg: 568
Posted: 12/30/2010 11:46:49 AM
^^^My response is exactly the same as my response #551.

I'll also add that folks who do this probably don't know anything about safer sex anyway - they just pretend to so they are PC like everyone else.
 seadoesit
Msg: 569
Posted: 12/31/2010 8:16:51 PM
Cotter ! I agree with u 100% . I believe the way u do get tested . To all that read this b careful even with Condoms bc if they have a STD on the bottom area no Condom will help . Thats how a patient of mine got warts at age 18 sad way to get something.
 J47_SW
Msg: 570
Posted: 1/1/2011 5:31:31 AM
Condoms are a must really. I admit I am hopeless putting them on..so if it ever happens the lady has to put them on me...sad I know...but I just cannot get the hang of them as it happens so infrequently!

I cannot climax in them, but that is not really a worry as it is best to be as safe as possible.

In an ideal world there would be no need for them, but sadly this world is far from ideal.
 itsaMonte
Msg: 571
Posted: 2/19/2011 1:01:11 PM
It's a no-brainer...
No condom = no sex.
Wear a condom = great sex
 viper1j
Msg: 572
Posted: 2/19/2011 3:48:51 PM
Some women say no sex without condoms, but they don't make condoms for tongues and some women still expect that.

Things that make one go hmm..
 Daisyrose73
Msg: 573
Posted: 2/20/2011 4:39:01 PM
I am giving this topic a lot of thought. I have had sex with 4 men in the last 2 yrs since my last STD testing. They have all been bareback. I have a very bad reaction to latex, I carry epipens for it. When I was working in the dental field (which I had to quit due to the latex allergy) I would react from non latex gloves as well. My best guess and the doctors is that since they are typically manufactured in the same plant the dust residue from manufacturing carries the latex particials to the nonlatex gloves. My reactions also come from rubber band and if I write with a rubber grip pen.

So this has been on my mind of how to deal with this for myself. For me yes latex itself CAN kill me. Probably for me a much greater risk than a STD and much quicker than AIDS would. I decided to do a test with one on the non latex condoms to see. I handled it for about 2-3 minutes and yes I put it to my lips because I would probably go down on a man after he had one on. While I didn't need to use the epipen, I did have shortness of breath and my lips swelled. A prolonged exposure of a greater amount of time the situation could require an epipen and a trip to the ER.

I cannot see abstinence being an option for me. I have pretty much decided that I will have to do regular testing and to take calculated risks.
 shayla_v
Msg: 574
view profile
History
Posted: 2/21/2011 7:35:08 AM
Three years ago, I met a man. Insisted he wear condoms. After 3 months, we went and got testetd together. Had exclusive unprotected sex from then on....last October he put a ring on another woman's finger and married her a little over a month ago, and uh, we were still together. When did he start having sex with her? A damn year ago! And who knows who else before and after that?

So there I was in November, crying at Planned Parenthood getting tested again because my so called long term man had been sexing other people behind my back. He put me at risk and didn't think twice about it.

I will never again have sex without a condom....I don't care if we have been together for ten years. I don't care if we are married. Because you never really know what another person is doing, and protecting my life is more important than his next orgasm. Or mine either for that matter!
 abelian
Msg: 575
Posted: 2/21/2011 6:23:47 PM

Don't they make lambskin condoms anymore?

Probably, but lambskin condoms don't offer much protection against STDs.
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Men seem to think bareback is ok even though they have no clue of your past.