Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 The Ace in the Hole
Msg: 252
What is it with men N freaking condoms!!!!!!!!!!!Page 8 of 24    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24)

Ever think a guy who doesn't bring any isn't expecting anything, and role reversal, a guy brings some, would get chastized for being a male slut, so there is no win situation in this case! So back on the females, how come the double standards, why don't you don't carry some with you?

Melbuck3, I have a similar thread in these forums to the message you posted here. My exwife, who I split from amicably last May and we remain close friends, discovered a condom in my jacket one day and called me a whore bc of it. She said it's greasy to carry them around....says that I sleep around. I hate that term "sleep around", just as I hate the term slut or whore. There's nothing wrong with a healthy sex life and it bothers me that people pass judgement.

I'm not sexist but I think unless the girl is raped the responsibility to have protected sex falls solely on the woman. I don't say this to mean that women should only provide the condoms and if the man is too stupid to bring one along or go find one and says he just wants to do it without then he's off the hook. What I'm trying to say is that women make the decision whether to let him through the gates, literally. Usually (with the exception of the use of GHB or rufies or rape). I myself haven't been in a situation without a condom since high school, except once during my marriage on a ride home and I found the closest 7-Eleven quick. I had a girl open one a while back and stick her finger through one accidentally and I didn't go any further than the messing around part bc of it. But she insisted I just do it and pull out and she'd finish me off. Well that doesn't TOTALLY protect against pregnancy, and that CERTAINLY doesn't keep me from getting HIV or the clap or warts or whatnot! I like my junk. I like using it! I don't want to hang it up at 28 bc of a error in judgement or a drunken stupor! I don't know why people take such huge risks. I don't mind condoms actually. I've been wearing them for 14 years and think I've had unprotected sex twice, once in high school and once with my exwife. There is a different but honestly it's not THAT drastic. Maybe there is a big differential between one guy to the next in terms of sensation loss, but I don't notice much. Just like a handsky or a mouthsky.....even with a condom on it feels good. I've shifted to the ultra-thins over the years and they make a HUGE difference. The original styles are like wearing a rubber glove, and not the thin surgical style either!!

So just be responsible and if it means giving up a bit of sensation then so be it. Do you want a baby you can't see but costs you child support? Or how about firecrotch? I'm playin' it safe!
 The Ace in the Hole
Msg: 253
What is it with
Posted: 1/3/2008 7:29:42 AM
Steevensuf, you're something like 23 times more likely to die from cigarette smoke in life, 1st or second hand, than from a car crash so why do we allow smoking then?! That's a stupid analogy. You'll survive teh crash but hang up your knockin' boots forever?! You'd like to like teh rest of your life with itchy d**k syndrone?! Oozing pustules?!
 whirlybird3
Msg: 254
What is it with
Posted: 1/3/2008 7:43:42 AM
As a guy, bareback is nice because it opens up alot more possibilities.

That being said, the only time to go bareback is when you really know someone and you have both taken the proper precautions (testing, patches, pills, etc) to prevent pregnancy and have a safe and enjoyable time. So until that time, wrap it up.

And just because a woman carries a condom doesn't make her a slut, it means that she's prepared for a "just in case" senario.
 TAKEN fab-mom
Msg: 255
view profile
History
What is it with
Posted: 1/3/2008 7:50:59 AM
Condoms are a must. I'd be a liar if I said I'd always used them (enter daughter) but after the full spectrum of test that come with pregnancy and realizing that I somehow managed to walk away from my past without some nasty STD I wouldn't dream of risking it now.
 PrimeWoman
Msg: 256
view profile
History
What is it with
Posted: 1/3/2008 8:21:17 AM
I for one, am one clean mean machine.
The thought of preganancy or ANY of the STD's (some can be transmitted via oral sex) out there, some of which like human papilloma virus, herpes and HIV are for life, is, in my mind, a mood killer. Gonorrhea (women don't experience the tell-tale symptoms for early treatment) is making a comeback stateside btw. A reckless, selfish or cavalier attitude towards ones health may indicate the same attitude in other areas of life. It certainly doesn't scream "I am concerned about your well-being".

If the attitude is such that it doesn't feel as good, how good do you think contracting a disease would feel? The anxiety, fear, shame, embarrassment, treatment protocols, Dr's visits, financial costs, time and inconvenience...cost/benefits analysis steers me in the direction of protection.

Woman who has condoms available--what's the problem with that? Oh, the ever perpetuated double standard. Get over it. If the perception is that it makes her a slut, then what does that say about the guy? If you want a woman who has interest and enthusiasm for sex, then she shouldn't be condemned for having precautionary measures available.
 goodkissa
Msg: 257
What is it with men N freaking condoms!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted: 1/3/2008 8:56:51 AM
Even a recent clean HIV test does not mean that the person is 100% HIV free. My understanding is that one has to take the test, stay monogamous while still using protection then take the test again a few months later. This is because HIV tests can not detect the presence of the virus if it was acquired within the last couple of months. So it's condoms condoms condoms till well into a monogamous relationship.
God i miss the seventies.
 The Ace in the Hole
Msg: 258
Posted: 1/3/2008 9:27:28 AM
HIV has a dormancy period of 6 months I believe, where within the first six months after exposure it will not show up in tests. There are a number of STI's that do not show up immediately either. It's the same as people who have vasectomies and think that they are free the days after the surgery. It takes 6-9 months before the procedure is actually effective and even then it may need to be redone! And you still aren't safe from STI's. It's not like a vasectomy is a shield of armour lasertagged to your junk! I know vasectomies are off topic here but they kinda tie in, and I have a few friends that have had them done and some of them think this way. Crazy crazy nonsense! I agree that if you pick your partners and relationships carefully you can weed out a lot of STI risk but some people who appear clean carry them. It's a fact!
 dave1234
Msg: 259
view profile
History
Posted: 1/3/2008 9:50:13 AM

(Msg 268) God i miss the seventies.

Those were what could be referred to as, "The good old days" because they truly were.
 Jack without Jill
Msg: 260
Posted: 1/3/2008 10:06:48 AM
Here is my opinion, Guys you do not know where she has been, and if she gives you sex on the first night--Get your head out of the cloud, she gives it to everyone else also protect yourself USE CONDOMS!!.
 kthyg
Msg: 261
view profile
History
Posted: 1/3/2008 11:12:11 AM
I figure if someone doesn't respect themselves and me enough to protect us, they don't need to be with me. I've actually stopped and made him go to the store to get one if he wanted to continue. I'm also very particular about my birth control so I take care of that end of it. I also carry condoms most times (forgot them that time when I switched purses) just in case.
 greathaba
Msg: 262
Posted: 1/3/2008 11:20:22 AM
That way if your not into condem's(One of my girl's was aleject to laytex's) so we just went and had a test done. If they won't do the test, then they have something or they don't like you.
 Ladivacrj
Msg: 263
view profile
History
Posted: 1/4/2008 7:56:33 AM
Didn't read all of the posts but, I have my own. It may sound selfish, but I have one I like that are for women.

Sometimes you have to take responsibility for yourself, experiment with a few ladies, you may find that you like one better than the other, and not want him to use the one he likes.
 The Ace in the Hole
Msg: 264
Posted: 1/4/2008 8:30:18 AM
The really unfortunate thing about condoms is that they don't provide absolute protection against disease. I'm very careful with who I date or have sex with, and someone made a very good point that the majority of people who carry disease run in specific groups, whether it be age or socioeconomic or recreational or other. Sure there are professionals in their 40's out there who have diseases but for the most part it's not the 35 year old school teacher or a 40 year old dentist passing out herpes and not caring. But a condom will not prevent the spread of herpes. You can prevent gonorrhea or clamydia to a certain extent but it's not failsafe, but herpes is the most fearsome one, aside from HIV obviously, bc it cannot be cured. So effectively all a condom is preventing in almost absolute is pregnancy and HIV, and those are still a longshot too. But I'm willing to bet on the condom and hope for the best! You can keep the firecrotch.
 TAKEN fab-mom
Msg: 265
view profile
History
Posted: 1/4/2008 8:52:37 AM
Oh and also. I do carry my own because I can only use one kind without irritation. Trojan Sensitive in the purple pack I absolutely HATE all the other ones so why not come prepared. Doesn't make me a slut.
 simha
Msg: 266
Posted: 1/4/2008 12:32:36 PM
condoms are good and all, if you can't wait. if you've ben dating someone for awhile and both agree condoms suck just drop in at an std clinic and make sure you're both all spic n span. No? Just a thought.
 Savory77
Msg: 267
What is it with
Posted: 1/4/2008 12:42:15 PM
Talk about lack of education. This is ridiculous to say that a person probably contracted HPV (Warts) from doing prostitutes.
Do you have any idea how common HPV is?! You are an absolute fool if you think you haven't had sex with a woman who hasn't been exposed to this.

Approximately 20 million people are currently infected with HPV. At least 50 percent of sexually active men and women acquire genital HPV infection at some point in their lives. By age 50, at least 80 percent of women will have acquired genital HPV infection. About 6.2 million Americans get a new genital HPV infection each year.

The types of HPV that infect the genital area are spread primarily through genital contact. Most HPV infections have no signs or symptoms; therefore, most infected persons are unaware they are infected, yet they can transmit the virus to a sex partner. Rarely, a pregnant woman can pass HPV to her baby during vaginal delivery. A baby that is exposed to HPV very rarely develops warts in the throat or voice box.

Most people who have a genital HPV infection do not know they are infected. The virus lives in the skin or mucous membranes and usually causes no symptoms. Some people get visible genital warts, or have pre-cancerous changes in the cervix, vulva, anus, or penis. Very rarely, HPV infection results in anal or genital cancers

Genital warts usually appear as soft, moist, pink, or flesh-colored swellings, usually in the genital area. They can be raised or flat, single or multiple, small or large, and sometimes cauliflower shaped. They can appear on the vulva, in or around the vagina or anus, on the cervix, and on the penis, scrotum, groin, or thigh. After sexual contact with an infected person, warts may appear within weeks or months, or not at all.

Genital warts are diagnosed by visual inspection. Visible genital warts can be removed by medications the patient applies, or by treatments performed by a health care provider. Some individuals choose to forego treatment to see if the warts will disappear on their own. No treatment regimen for genital warts is better than another, and no one treatment regimen is ideal for all cases.

For those who choose to be sexually active, a long-term, mutually monogamous relationship with an uninfected partner is the strategy most likely to prevent future genital HPV infections. However, it is difficult to determine whether a partner who has been sexually active in the past is currently infected

HPV infection can occur in both male and female genital areas that are covered or protected by a latex condom, as well as in areas that are not covered. While the effect of condoms in preventing HPV infection is unknown, condom use has been associated with a lower rate of cervical cancer, an HPV-associated disease.

Information taken from CDC facts about HPV. I simply googled it.
I suppose for some, ignorance truly is bliss.
NOTE that the fact is, even condoms do not prevent the spread of HPV.
 SensualAquarian
Msg: 268
What is it with
Posted: 1/4/2008 1:22:38 PM
Though I do agree with the whole idea of this thread....Use a condom, play it safe.....Not just cause you can make a baby ...But all the STD's now days....However I have to laugh, cause it seems there are plenty of self righteous people.....

Come on some of you are telling me that you haven't had a hot night and made a whoops...I am sure it has happened to the best of us at some point....So long as you go in and make it a priority to get checked afterwards and keep getting checked....Even I have had my 1 wild night or 2 in my lifetime.....And not anymore....I have 2 kids now I need to consider...But, nobody is perfect....How do you think these STD'S started in the first place....Somebody havin too good of a time....
 The Ace in the Hole
Msg: 269
What is it with
Posted: 1/4/2008 1:41:12 PM
...somebody not being careful and packing heat! Keep condoms on you at all times and you never get in that position where you aren't with one! It only takes 20 seconds to put one on...not sure why people fumble with them. I have in the past, and if it happens in the future will do so also, walked away from an encounter bc I didn't have a condom handy. I've made the drive at 2am to the convenience store to buy them HOPING she's still in the mood when I got back. The spread of STD's has come from those who choose to live their lives rather cavalier and not protect themselves and others.
 simha
Msg: 270
Posted: 1/9/2008 11:36:22 PM
why would you be having sex with someone you dont trust enough to be clean? I'm all for condoms but... really...?

"I love you baby, now wrap latex around your dong because i dont trust you" yyyyyeah....

here's how this works:
you date
you click well
a relationship builds
if you both agree you dont like condoms, you get checked together
everythings spic n span... you know the rest.

it's all about honesty. if you can't trust him/her to be honst... you probably shouldn't be sleeping with him/her.

and an arguement like "what if he/she cheats?" do married couples wear condoms? Not likely. Have married couples cheated on each other? Yep!
 can_handle
Msg: 271
Posted: 1/10/2008 12:11:52 AM
Well I don't have any ideal as to how many dates your talking about. I do not carry them or have them.
#1 Do not intend to date a ho Going to know this person well before I have sex
#2 Can not make any more.

#3 Im not looking for sex before I know if she is the one.
#4 Found out last time worry about sex first you will worry half your life away.
 Sauder
Msg: 272
Posted: 1/10/2008 12:24:24 AM
I don't know *who* you are talking *about*..... my rules are simple....

1 drink and no driving for at least 4 hours. More than 1 drink, no driving that night.

2 No Jimmy, no glove, no condom = NO LOVE from me.

Perhaps you should change the *type* of *male* you go for and find a good, ole *man*, like John Wayne, only younger and alive. :D

Lots of luck!
 Sauder
Msg: 273
Posted: 1/10/2008 12:26:51 AM
Have you ever seen sausage stuffed and well.... meat made into sausage?

If you don't want to, then you may want to find at least a *large* size to carry to.

On the down side, You will have to stop to pick the right size wrench to go on the bolt but hey.. it's better than giving pain. :D Just a friendly suggestion.
 Zero Gravity
Msg: 274
Posted: 1/10/2008 4:25:23 AM
Men are not generally worried about risk without condoms for a number of reasons.

1. Sex is inherently risky.
2. Condoms are notoriously unreliable:
They break, especially after about 20 minutes of vigorous use. They are not a secure barrier even if they do not break.
3. They smell and feel terrible. Thankfully we don't have to taste them.
With condoms the woman recedes during the intimacy. Theres got to be as much sensation in ****ing a bottle of motor oil.
4. Non drug using, purely heterosexual men are not at significant risk for contracting STD's from a woman using their standard equipment.
Put simply, the risk for healthy men engaged in heterosexual activity is a fraction of what it would be for a homosexual man engaged with another homosexual man. The risk a diseased woman poses to a healthy hetero man is minimal in select activities.
5. If one wants to engage in 70's style sex with one nighters and no history evaluation you might want to consider condoms as a unreliable protection option.
It's much safer to get to know your partner, get a current blood test and then **** condomless like bunnies. Women trying to rely upon the security of condoms are living in another era, deluding themselves and obtaining little to no protection if the man they **** that night has a bisexual history.
 The Ace in the Hole
Msg: 275
Posted: 1/10/2008 7:01:49 AM
I think the use of condoms is less about protection from STI's, bc there is a fairly great chance you'll contract something if you sleep with someone who's dirty and many people who seem clean have contracted an STI too, and more about prevention of unwanted pregnancies! The most common forms of STI's are gonorrhea and herpes simplex. How many guys put a condom on and wrap it over their scrotum?! And THEN plastic wrap their entire pelvic area after BEFORE having sex?! If the condom only goes on half way you are liking having some bare skin inside her and you just contracted whatever she might have had. If you are not well endowed and the condom happens to fit right to the base you still have the risk of any sweat or fluids transferring on to your crotch and then BAM, you've got it again.

Now the pregnancy issue is so much more critical here and I don't know why guys just take the chance and hope for the best, or think that it won't happen to them. You have to ask yourself....are you prepared for a child RIGHT now? If a girl called you and said you were going to be a father and you didn't even know her how would you respond? Would you man up and support her and the child before and after the birth, or would you cower and run like a punk? Why not just use the bloody rubber and prevent it from ever happening. There is a slim to none chance that you'll still get pregnant with a condom on but it's just that....SLIM TO NONE! And the idea of these things breaking?! You either need to use them for hours and be extremely violent and get a massive handjob the girl and she has to have huge jagged nails before those things will rip. You can put your fist into one and stretch it like 3 feet and it'll bounce right back to shape! You are ramming a fleshy tube into an ultra-fleshy void that is lubed. There's not much chance it'll break, and when it does you'll feel it. The only way I can see someone having a condom break often is if they are buying no-name condoms or ones that are expired, using expired condoms or ones that have been in your wallet or heat, or if you are trying to wrap a salami in a water balloon, and if that's the case you'll likely have to quit the sex due to cramp in your penis bc it's too tight! Buy good stuff, buy the right size, and it'll be fine. But give your head a shake and use a bloody condom, unless spreading your seed is what it is you desire! If so I feel for you.

And for the record many married couples do use condoms. I did for the entire 10 years I was with my ex, with the exception of about three or four times when we were trying to get pregnant but I'm sure it happened on the first try. LOL If I left it into "gods hands" as many seem to do nowadays I would have a bloody football team by now. I'm good with my two.
 man hattan
Msg: 276
Posted: 1/10/2008 8:38:15 AM
Lots of women don't like condoms either. In my experience, most women expect the man to give up the condom after a few months of dating. "Don't you trust me?" is a question I've heard plenty of times. Sure, she may be on the pill. But how would I know if she forgot to take it the last three days? That's a main reason I got a vasectomy.
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  >