Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > can non-pot smokers handle pot smokers?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Creehåzy
Msg: 401
can non-pot smokers handle pot smokers?Page 17 of 77    (3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43)
Velvet thorn >> I think you are completely stunned, just like your ex. Blame it on genetics, not marijuana, thanks.
 john_suli
Msg: 402
can non-pot smokers handle pot smokers?
Posted: 12/12/2006 3:58:28 PM
lowers sperm count?

Since we use condoms anyway, how is that a problem?

Anyway, I dont smoke pot- would like to but my lungs react very badly to it- but I find that there is soo much misinformation on this forum. Pot does not make you permanently dumber and is not a sign of an irresponsible person. Just like having a drink of alcohol does not permanently affect your brain function. However, smoking pot does become stupid when it is abused, just like when other pleasures are abused - alcohol, cigars, sex, etc.

John
 Cynnie
Msg: 403
Posted: 12/12/2006 4:03:49 PM
Because it illegal, i'd rather not be around a person that smokes
( while they're smoking !..)

the day it becomes legal..
call me ..we'll do lunch
 The_Champ_Is_Here
Msg: 404
Posted: 12/18/2006 7:28:06 AM

I don't like it. I dated one, wanted to punch him in the face sometimes.

Not sure why. I never have spoked pot, all my friends have, no one ever had a problem with me nor I have never had a problem with them. Even a handful of co-workers do it at work on breaks. Never has bothered me. Had an ex where she soked pot very regularily, about 8 times a day, never bothered me as i never judge people doing that.
I have handled it no problem. I have had people keep asking me why I don't smoke it. That gets annoying as I am not telling those not to.
 bottomfeeder2
Msg: 405
Posted: 12/18/2006 7:56:22 AM
There are so many sides of "Pot Smoking"
(1) Pot smoker's for recreational use
(2) Pot smoker's for medical reasons
(3) Pot smoker's rather than drinking
(4) Pot smoker's to focus on what one is doing
(5) Pot smoker's for sleep deprived
(6) Pot smoker's to act cool
There may be more reasons for smoking POT but these are a few I've seen.
I don't smoke the stuff but totally believe if you smoke Pot for medical reasons (Right ON)
Recreational use around a campfire (NO Problem)
For use rather than drinking... (You're lying to yourself) And maybe AA
For use to focus on what one is doing (For some, very few can handle it and concentrate at the same time.)
For sleep deprived (Right on for the right reasons. If other drugs are being used NO)
And for teenagers or even these days adults to fit in with the group (I did that, smoked cigarettes) Think again.
Long term use of mariquana does kill brain cells but as alcohol but but at least your happy, not mad at the world. I watch people fighting at party's with too much booze and smoking Pot at a party makes everyone so happy and giddy.
 bottomfeeder2
Msg: 406
Posted: 12/18/2006 7:57:03 AM
There are so many sides of "Pot Smoking"
(1) Pot smoker's for recreational use
(2) Pot smoker's for medical reasons
(3) Pot smoker's rather than drinking
(4) Pot smoker's to focus on what one is doing
(5) Pot smoker's for sleep deprived
(6) Pot smoker's to act cool
There may be more reasons for smoking POT but these are a few I've seen.
I don't smoke the stuff but totally believe if you smoke Pot for medical reasons (Right ON)
Recreational use around a campfire (NO Problem)
For use rather than drinking... (You're lying to yourself) And maybe AA
For use to focus on what one is doing (For some, very few can handle it and concentrate at the same time.)
For sleep deprived (Right on for the right reasons. If other drugs are being used NO)
And for teenagers or even these days adults to fit in with the group (I did that, smoked cigarettes) Think again.
Long term use of mariquana does kill brain cells but as alcohol but but at least your happy, not mad at the world. I watch people fighting at party's with too much booze and smoking Pot at a party makes everyone so happy and giddy.
So if I met someone that smoked dope I'd take into account WHY?
 Heart Bandit
Msg: 407
Posted: 12/18/2006 8:46:56 AM
Because of the type of job I have and the constant background checks on me for security clearances, there is no way I could date or marry someone doing even recreational drugs.
 69_dude
Msg: 408
Posted: 12/18/2006 8:57:47 AM
sounds like the OP can make up his mind... maybe cause he is stonned?
I do not drink I have dated drinkers and smokers and everything else...
NOW
it is not going to last if this is thier life!
that much I can garantee!
 womanofsubstance
Msg: 409
Posted: 12/18/2006 9:23:00 AM
Its a sad world when a pleasure from nature is taken away. While eveyone gets smashed on booze out in public getting louder and more vulgur by the glass we smokers of the peace pipe have to sneak in the toilets like a bloody criminal. We always made fun of it though laughing about getting caught like little school girls at a conference at the age of 46 stoned and getting caught by the straights oh god they would have the police around just to have something to talk about the next day at the church meeting :
 Fireand Ice
Msg: 410
Posted: 12/18/2006 10:20:40 AM
I cant believe all this bickering..

WHO cares who smokes it or not.

If you dont like it.. dont date someone who does..

for me.. being in entertainment... there IS a certain difference between pot/drug users and people who dont. .. and yes alcohol is a drug..

I dont mind someone who does it rarely or occasionally... but to be around someone who is chronic... forget it.
 justme1202
Msg: 411
Posted: 12/18/2006 1:54:38 PM
I think everyone has an addiction wether it be dope or alcohol or any other thing. Everyone has something they do regularly and cant go with out.

Like He said^^^^^ dont like it dont date someone who does it
 Missing80s
Msg: 412
Posted: 12/18/2006 2:52:34 PM
I really don't care to be around it. I was around it a lot in college (never did it). In my experience, once someone got stoned, they just got boring.
 flaboyinky
Msg: 413
Posted: 12/18/2006 3:13:08 PM
Dope is for dummies!
Would you date a person who would take pills for fun?

How about if they shoot dope? Oh, but just once in a while.

Makes no sense!

Your either abuse drugs or you don't.

Like your either GAY or your not, there is no gray area if you ask me.

Thats why they call it dope
 CoasttoCoast
Msg: 414
Posted: 12/18/2006 3:19:40 PM

Dope is for dummies!
Would you date a person who would take pills for fun?

How about if they shoot dope? Oh, but just once in a while.

Makes no sense!

Your either abuse drugs or you don't.

Like your either GAY or your not, there is no gray area if you ask me.

Thats why they call it dope

right. That's why bisexuality is just a mis-spelling of the act of hiring a prostitute.

Is it also impossible to responsibly enjoy alcohol, or is there no gray area between that and alcohol abuse?
 *snoogins*
Msg: 415
Posted: 12/18/2006 8:43:57 PM
I have a few friends who don't smoke pot,so when I am with them I do not smoke it,out of consideration for them.If they are at my house I will go outside,one of my best friends doesn't smoke,she can handle alittle bit of second hand but sometimes it makes her nauseous,I wouldn't want to contribute to that.
I will admit there is a constant faint aroma of it in my home,so I use incense and have an air purifier.
 womanofsubstance
Msg: 416
Posted: 12/20/2006 7:48:05 AM
flaboyinky..shoot dope? how the hell do you do that, smoke it yes eat it perhaps but shoot? Ive been on the pof for a while now and this would have to be the most narrow minded post ever written. debating subjects you obvioiusly know nothing about is what dummies do. Perhaps you should partake in a cone of gods green and lighten up flaboyinky
 the spilly
Msg: 417
Posted: 12/20/2006 9:36:12 PM
Yawn...what is the big deal anyways?
 Cynnie
Msg: 418
Posted: 12/22/2006 8:39:38 AM
oh god ..who cares ??

even If you wanted to smoke camel turds..go right ahead..
I have the right not to wanna hang with you..
Doesnt mean i think you're scum..it's just not what I want in my life..

Sort of like if you were way into wearing plaid pants..
I'd hafta just say no
 Budgie
Msg: 419
Posted: 12/24/2006 1:20:44 AM
I think it's stinky.
I wouldn't mind it if it was a one-off situation. At a party or a rare occassion.
If it was something they did regularly then I couldn't handle it.
 _blueangeleyes_
Msg: 420
Posted: 12/24/2006 11:08:12 AM
First I want to say thank you to Raven1 and michaeljustin for their posts in this thread. I run and own two business, my child is WELL taken care of, I work hard... and I smoke pot. I have been smoking marijuana for many years to cope with my pain. I suffer from Spondylitis, Spinal curvature, Scoliosis, chronic hip dislocation, tendonitis in both my shoulders and extreme hyperextension in my knees plus I have a lot of internal issues going on. I function much better once I’ve had a few puffs because I am in less pain, I am less anxious, and it lowers my daily stress levels. I do not become the "Lazy Stoner" all you naive people believe will occur, I am much more energetic( due to less pain - again ) and always on the go. I'm not sitting around starring at a picture of colours going -"wow man" - "like that was totally a-w-s-o-m-e" All you people who think pot is bad.... you need to grow up, if anything cigarettes and alcohol should be illegal and pot legal; the detrimental and very poisonous effects that alcohol and cigarettes have with zero benefit( unlike marijuana ) are disgusting.... but I'm a bad person for choosing a medicine that, unlike all the prescriptions that were destroying my organs before; relieves my physical ailments with minimal side effects? How can so many people be blind? you'll take a prescription with out question of the irreversible damage it will do to your insides just because your doctor said so? I'm all about alternative remedies and natural holistic healing; Pot is my natural, holistic medicine made by the earth, unaltered, pure, healing goodness. disagree? go do your research! then try to tell me that pot is worse than prescriptions, alcohol or cigarettes!!!
......................................................~:( * ):~........................................................
Now, in reguards to "can non-pot smokers handle pot smokers?" - just like smokers live with non smokers, the same rules apply. It all depends on the people and their views on the matter. PLUS the very minimal harmful effect caused by "smoking" the substance can significantly be reduced by using smoking tools such as a vaporizer
 _blueangeleyes_
Msg: 421
Posted: 12/24/2006 11:18:19 AM
And to Velvet Thorn, That was your husband, not the pot, Don't blame something else.... it was your marriage to a man who obiously was a disrespectful, lazy bum who disreguarded your importance in his life, but HE chose to be that way, the pot didn't make him into a lazy dumbass, he already was one... he just so happened to smoke pot. and by the way.... Marijuana is an aphrodesiac!!! so that part about your sex life with him..... again... was just him.
 ~LayinLow~
Msg: 422
Posted: 12/24/2006 11:35:29 AM
Raven1, awsome post on page one....

Its not like they(drinkers OR pot smokers) were a crackhead throwing their lives away.
MAIN THING... cigs and alcohol are addictive and legal.
weed was NEVER proven to be physically addictive OR to kill brain cells.
BUT there isnt a single sheeple in a flock of hypocrites would DARE to research that little known fact for fear of being proven wrong. Bet most of them drink too.

christ.

I hate hypocrites.

cheers.
 *Rain*
Msg: 423
Posted: 12/24/2006 11:47:21 AM
Heck NO! I wont date a cigarette smoker.....I certainly wouldn't date a pot smoker! Seriously I cannot handle the smell of smoke...and even though cigs are legal, they smell bad and make the person smell bad that is smoking them. Pot...no question...that smells even worse. There was a guy who used to light up at work. He would go to the men's bathroom and turn on the vent and smoke his pot there...and he wore shades all the time to hide his eyes. No one ever said much because he was the boss's son.
 DragonNS
Msg: 424
Posted: 12/24/2006 11:51:11 AM
Been there, done that. Handle it, may not be a good way to put it, cope with it, probally is better. Went out with a gal that smoked pot, I dont. but it was her choice, plus i didnt know how much she did. Fortunately, that wasnt a factor in the relationship, she did thats her choice, I didnt, thats my choice. I didnt rag on her for smoking it, she didnt try to pressure me into smoking it.
So what did it affect? Mainly sex. I am very sorry, and maybe I am not typical, or maybe I am, but when I make love to a woman, I want it to be a woman, and not a glassy eyed zombie.
She didnt smoke enough to keep me from going out dating her, and eventually more as time passed, but never so much as that the rent was not paid or there were no groceries in the house, that was taken care of first. I think I am rather lucky though, she had her priorities in order. Unfortunately, I took second place to the pot. Given the choice of going to her friends to smoke up or going out for drinks with me, she picked the friends place and pot. There is where the problem is.
So yes, non pot smokers can accept and cope with someone smoking pot, but cant handle the pot comming first, before the relationship, food, shelter, and other necessities.
 kelseas
Msg: 425
view profile
History
Posted: 12/24/2006 11:57:32 AM
Doctors, Lawyers and Public Servants! Mum's n Dad's, n' students n teachers and etc... etc ... etc.... :-o

How many ppl don't know any pot smokers? And this IS illegal stuff? what about the police... hmmm i know a couple haha!

PSS. I DON'T SMOKE POT, BUT I'VE SEEN THE EFFECTS OF POT VS ALCOHOL (BOTH IN MODERATION) I'LL TAKE THE POTHEAD! HAHA
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > can non-pot smokers handle pot smokers?