Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > can non-pot smokers handle pot smokers?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 donkey28
Msg: 426
can non-pot smokers handle pot smokers?Page 18 of 77    (4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44)
hahaha, i response to dragon42nb.
i guess you have never heard of the failed crops by goverment in which millions were wasted in failed medical crops which produced thc counts in the single digits.
and as far as medical use it has many, migraines, arthritis, ms, aids/hiv.
inhibits pain centeres, eleviates pain and increases the desire to eat( as how it is used in regards to aids patients. )
and as far as all drugs are concerned i have a real problem with those who use it and abuse it.
caffene, pescrption pills pot and the rest of the trash can converting substances.
as a side defens to those who smoke pot. i have a few friends who do ( i live i B.C )
i am yet to see a pot head get violent. dont know how many ppl ive seen just freak if they dont get there regular morning doubel expersso.
 WotDaFook
Msg: 427
can non-pot smokers handle pot smokers?
Posted: 12/25/2006 2:48:08 AM
I smoke two joints in the morning.

I smoke two joints at night.

I smoke two joints in the afternoon, it makes me feel alright

I smoke two joints in time of peace, and two in time of war

I smoke two joints before I smoke two joints,

And then I smoke two more
 lapis
Msg: 428
Posted: 12/25/2006 6:39:16 AM
furthermore, Montel Williams has started a campaign to legalize the herb....

it should just be decriminalized.....................
 southside83
Msg: 429
view profile
History
Posted: 12/25/2006 7:06:26 PM
Ask and you shall receive.... http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2005-11-03-pot_x.htm

Pot will be legal in more places as it has already been legalized/decriminalized in various locations in USA.

I really have never dated someone who has never or does not chill out and smoke sometimes.... I am still in my twenties so that might be a factor. I have seen from people I know where there are many different situations that exist on how couples feel about it.

Most cases its the guy who smokes and the girl who doesnt anymore/does occasionally... and then those that never do but criticizes/never does but allows it. It is obviously easiest and what I think is best to find someone who is as close to the same in their wanting to smoke. Their is no need to jeopardize a relationship over such things if one person is angered by it. It is further worse to constantly be going behind someones back.

In Defense of Smokers -It is really kinda unfair to judge someone about what they do if they are responsible and take care of their lives as well. I would have to say there are much more sad stories from drinking related issues than pot ever will. To me - drinking can ruin lives whereas pot has a completely different effect. Drinking/Cigarettes often goes uncriticized when it leads to thousands of deaths and cancer patients per year...pot a total of ZERO. Check the studies people I am not lying.

Things you SHOULD be concerned about if your partner is a smoker:

1. Do they do this before work/other important events? Before spending time with kids?
2. Are they still able to maintain the responsibilities of the house/apartment and most importantly their own health?

Those are pretty important to me. I dont know how much we are talking about even smoking so its hard to make a comment on that but just in general. If someone is taking a toke here toke there at reasonable times... come on people. If it is like bongs every weekday I think we have another case.

If you have a partner that is of concern from this topic, please post it and we will give you our opinion. But really, this topic to me is a case by case basis and its hard to sum it up in general other than....

If you hate how pot makes your significant other act or how it effects their lives and people around them....see if they will stop or do it less cause you ask them to - and if not DUMP THEM.
 scorpiodancer
Msg: 430
Posted: 12/25/2006 11:57:27 PM
I don't typically date girls who smoke at all.

Girls who smoke pot or take other illegal drugs, I stay away from as I don't want to be around it.
 DragonNS
Msg: 431
Posted: 1/6/2007 1:26:50 PM
reply to post by robz we are talking marijuana.
Read my recently updated profile. I do know first hand about this topic.
This girl smoked grass from the first day i met her, which i accepted as her choice.
It was not the marijuana that killed her, and I highly doubt she used needles, but I am almost 97% certian, knowing her as well as i do, that she used leagle drugs as a replacement for needles, as not only a pain killer but as an excape from reality. She may have started needles or snorthing hard drugs near the end, but if so it was only within the last month of her life, and as i said, i would be highly unlikely. My educated guess, is she got one to many beatings, and turned to drugs harsher than pot to blot the pain and make it go away, and took just a little to much. I know is was not intentional, the girl was terrified of death, more than anything.

I was also unaware that this thread was about government spending or waste. I thought it was about non pot smokers handling being in a relationship with pot smokers. And as I believe, if it is a healthy relationship, a good relationship, then it is very beneficial to the pot smoker, as if they are in this kind of relationship, they just simpley smoke less. Or to my experiance with the girl I mention in my profile, she smoked less.

Alcohol is a different topic altogether. As a rule, Alcoholics are alcoholics, they aren't generally speaking drug addicts too. I've known a few alcoholics, none of which used drugs. I've knows some drug addicts, most of who used alcohol but were not addicted to it.

and finally, it is not termed "drunk drivers" the term is "DWI-Driving While Impaired" which includes a large number of substances, alcohol being only one.
 Samantha675
Msg: 432
view profile
History
Posted: 1/6/2007 3:56:43 PM
I don't see why not. I cannot drink alcohol because i have an allergic reaction to it. I do smoke weed however. I do not have a problem with a person drinking or smoking pot; frankly, I prefer being with the pot smoker, as creates a mellow mood, connection. People often become more abrasive when drinking alcohol al well.javascript:smilie('')
javascript:smilie('')
 belly18dancer
Msg: 433
Posted: 1/6/2007 4:11:56 PM
i had a very good online friend who had one son die from drugs, another in and out of rehab for drugs...addiction ran in the family ...i have one letter from the rehab son where he gives his entire story, beginning with pot and moving on to heavier drugs...this is not the case of every pot smoker...but it does happen

i just reunited with a guy i dated three years ago...he is heavily into smoking pot...i didn't know this before, he only informed me of it now...he sounds stoned all the time, and even though he is intelligent, you wouldn't know that if you had a simple conversation with him, only in a longer deeper one would u see he does have a brain in there, although clouded...he told me he'd been smoking it since he was 12 years old and was not about to give it up....he looks horrible now, washed up...in three years, he has gone so downhill...it was sad because he was such a hottie when we dated before...he got kicked out of the military, and works for minimum wage now and does odd jobs, yet all his money goes to getting stoned...he wanted to continue to see me now...but i told him, it's not my thing...and i dont wish to be around it...
 pfunk5309
Msg: 434
view profile
History
Posted: 1/6/2007 4:12:56 PM
Then everybody needs to say they use drugs.. Cause everyone has there drug of choice, EVERYONE. But some of them want to keep anyone else from having theres... Its all about your definition of a drug.. And webster says the whole damn world is on em.. So put that in ur pipe and smoke it lol.
 pfunk5309
Msg: 435
view profile
History
Posted: 1/6/2007 4:18:45 PM
then pass it here lol
 donkey28
Msg: 436
Posted: 1/6/2007 6:33:06 PM
belly18dancer. you claim that pot was the gateway drug which lead your friends into heavier and more destructive substances. could you be wrong. is it possibel that it was poor choices and even more likeley that alachol had a part to play.
scientefic surveys have shown time and time again that alachol leads to other substances.
recent study of teens and young 20 somethings has shown a direct and starteling link between regular alachol consumption and cigarette smoking.
but alachol is ok right. my goverment told me so. hahaha. aint that the same ppl who are telling us how we may lead our lives. the only reason pot is illegal is because the hemp industry was a direct threat to the cotton industry in was time when they were a direct competetor for military contracts. stronger, more durable, and on par for cost, just had a link with something that people associated with lazy, unmotivated youths.
humanity has always shunned what they dont know or understand.
the only real thing standing in the way of legalization of marijuana is the finer points of marketing and pricing and the avaibility of a roadside test for consumption and intoxication of it.
and one again i say i would rather deal with my most stoned friend than one who is half drunk.
dont agree, talk to a bouncer at a club and ask for there opinion on the subject. they know best of all since they deal with intoxicated people as part of there job.
and as a final note a question for all have you ever done something you regerted later when you were drunk? bet you have.
in closing if you dont want to be around people who smoke pot thats fine i myself choose not to be around people who are judgemental and assume that they know whats best for all.
 blackdymond
Msg: 437
Posted: 1/6/2007 6:35:24 PM
NO WE CAN'T!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 Harry Peter
Msg: 438
Posted: 1/6/2007 6:38:40 PM
Pot smokers are easy to handle usually. They lack energy and stuff.
 FitAussie
Msg: 439
Posted: 1/6/2007 6:53:22 PM
Never,

I couldn't date someone who doesn't take care of their body, and I don't want a potential mental case in the future from a partner who smokes pot.

I wouldn't even date a cigarette smoker, who wants bad breath, leathery skin, future health problems in a partner.
 ladyrcmt
Msg: 440
view profile
History
Posted: 1/6/2007 7:15:24 PM
yes

it can cause problems in a relationship...but then so can many other factors...
i love the smell of the buds and have fond memories of when i used to smoke it.
 l0vely
Msg: 441
Posted: 1/10/2007 9:25:01 AM
honestly, my dear .. i think you've watched too many Cheech & Chong movies.

The people you should be naming in the above attack are the gluttunous, the inconsiderate ... all of whom i bet were like that before Mary J even came around. The munchies don't attack every person, only those who are already prone to a drop in their blood pressure, for different reasons. The stupidity? well....i must say that i've met imbecils from every race, ethniticity, and lifestyle -- so again, i would say that you're being lead by the media.

I am hemp-friendly -- i also bike, do yoga, write, play music...amongst many other things. Based on your recent post, i'm sure you will have some pool of misconceptions to throw me into as well.
 blu_byu
Msg: 442
Posted: 1/10/2007 9:43:44 AM
ummmm....NO. Can't stand cigarettes, the smoke from them or the stench--why be around pot? And associate with a pot-head? NO.

And please, do not even bring up the whole "medicinal purpose" issue-- that is not part of the original question.

cheers~~
 RoniMay
Msg: 443
Posted: 1/10/2007 10:15:27 AM
I want to thank some of you for making me feel better about my "wild, younger years" with articles such as recent studies have proven that......

I quit smoking pot years ago when I started back in college, it just wasn't condusive for studying, so I quit. Once I did I found that I was better able to concentrate on the work at hand..namely Algebra...but also dicovered that my husband and I had nothing in common BUT the pot and two children. I kept the kids and he kept the pot..... to his demise.

Would I date anyone who was a user?...probably not if knew of their use. Do I think pot smokers are bad or stupid people?...no, it's just my choice not to engage in or be around it any longer...after all it is an illegal substance, and that in itself makes it risky behavior!
 greenfeather
Msg: 444
view profile
History
Posted: 1/10/2007 10:29:26 AM
I'm with Dime and Kuddlebum! But you simply can't talk about it or admit it in the open because of our current societal witch hunt. Our laws are what destroy lives, way more than the drugs.

Yes, I'd way prefer weed smokers than drunks. I live next to a bar.

And those who condemn weed as the lowest of the low...I like the person who said "do you ever listen to blues, rock, jazz... " etc. "If you condemn pot smokers, then throw out all your records, tapes etc. and stop listening to music, because you are probably listening to something created by someone who maybe might have smoked a few joints!!!!"

I know there are some burnouts & wastoids (married to one once) but come on. You just can't make a blanket judgment on something like this.
 MJ_420
Msg: 445
Posted: 1/10/2007 3:05:29 PM
Wow what a derogatory statement.

What do I want to bet that you have no problem drinking poisonous alcohol tho?
 MJ_420
Msg: 446
Posted: 1/10/2007 3:10:54 PM
I've been there. My first love was a complete pothead and addicted to the playstation. He spent more time with that machine and his guy friends than he did with me. (Rogers came out with a Water Glass that shows a couple ...him playing playstation, her standing beside him... one word undernieth the picture ...NEGLECTING). I had to by it for the realism in it. The fact is your bf just doesn't care about you enough anymore. You need to make an ultimatum, either he pay attention to you and continue the relationship or move on. Pot is no excuse for lack of attention.
 MJ_420
Msg: 447
Posted: 1/10/2007 3:12:03 PM
To Jlizzy

I've been there. My first love was a complete pothead and addicted to the playstation. He spent more time with that machine and his guy friends than he did with me. (Rogers came out with a Water Glass that shows a couple ...him playing playstation, her standing beside him... one word undernieth the picture ...NEGLECTING). I had to by it for the realism in it. The fact is your bf just doesn't care about you enough anymore. You need to make an ultimatum, either he pay attention to you and continue the relationship or move on. Pot is no excuse for lack of attention.
 toshido
Msg: 448
Posted: 1/10/2007 3:19:20 PM
I am not a pot-smoker and have never even tried it, in fact, I, as a point of personal choice, find it reprehensible.. I've heard enough of the "not as bad as alcohol" bull-s**t. There's a major difference.. one is legal and one is NOT.. I would never date a current pot-smoker, though I was with a former pot-smoker for a number of years in which she quit because she knew how much it bothered me. It's a crutch for people who can't handle reality...People with inner strength don't need to get high on anything.
 sauciewench
Msg: 449
Posted: 1/14/2007 6:24:38 AM
Hi - I think Raven is the only one here who knows what they are talking about, the only intellectual and insightful post I read on this board. Go Raven!!!! Great brain cells baybee!
 sarcasticgeek
Msg: 450
Posted: 1/14/2007 6:50:08 AM
I personally won't date anyone who smokes pot on even a semi-regular basis. I'm not a narc or a prude or anything, but that would be a part of her life that I could never share. I would always know that there are times when I'm not around that she's getting stoned, almost like she was sneaking around doing something behind my back. There are just too many non-drug users out there for me to pick one who isn't.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > can non-pot smokers handle pot smokers?