Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Leana76
Msg: 555
can non-pot smokers handle pot smokers?Page 18 of 77    (4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44)
I used to, but not anymore. I don't like anyone who does drugs around me, even pot. No thanks, I'll pass and good luck with you...But I got other things to do...See ya.
 plentyofrick
Msg: 558
can non-pot smokers handle pot smokers?
Posted: 3/17/2007 7:14:06 AM

Brain cells are like a herd of buffalo... marijuana only kills off the slowest and weakest brain cells, thus strengthening the health of the herd. That's why the more pot you smoke, the smarter you get

this is one of the stupidest things I've seen. brain cells are like buffalo,
seems your herd must be made up of really slow retarded buffalo that need a diet and exercise program.
 serenaoak
Msg: 559
Posted: 3/17/2007 8:20:51 AM
Have you no sense of subtlety? Some people can't string three words together, and others wouldn't know a joke if it hit them over the head, with or without pot.
 sugarbandit
Msg: 561
Posted: 3/18/2007 7:29:26 AM
Pot smokers are usually more mellow and friendy...might make for a interesting date
 Tarika
Msg: 562
Posted: 3/18/2007 12:32:37 PM
I don't like pot...I am actually allergic to weed. Furthermore, I wouldn't even go on one date with someone who tokes up.
 rederer1
Msg: 563
Posted: 3/18/2007 2:34:46 PM
I dunno, weed's not so bad. There are a ton of perscription drugs that are far worse. My moms friend is addicted to asprine. I can guarentee you that taking asprine all the time is far worse for ones health than pot. Valium, zoloft, ritalin, cough syrup. These things are all bad for your overall health but nobody cares about these things because they're legal.

I dont think any drugs should be illegal personally. If heroine was legal would you do it? The fact that a substance is illegal isn't what really prevents people from doing drugs. If someone wants to take meth and ruin their life I can advise them not to do it but who am I to say they can't do it?
 justme1202
Msg: 564
Posted: 3/18/2007 3:14:35 PM
To all the pot smokers out there,,,so at what age is it acceptable to let your children smoke pot???? another can of worms to be opened!!!!

This is not about our children its about wether One would sat a pot smoker.
 scoobywho
Msg: 565
Posted: 3/18/2007 7:10:03 PM
Pro choice amigo. To each their own. I know people who have family and friends, who are very close to them in their lives, who smoke but they refuse to have it involved as a dirrect part of their lives. They respect the fact that the others are adults who have the right to be as destructive to themselves but not for them. Some won't accept it based on the simple fact that it is illegal, duhhhh!
And then there are those who see it as no big deal. They don't smoke it but they don't judge anyone who does.
I say a long as it's not destructive to your life friendship or relationship. If it makes you happy be happy.
But I can tell you from experience: Nothing can make you higher then the love of someone special. So don't ever let that go for something like smoking pot.
peace out
 loveink
Msg: 566
Posted: 3/18/2007 8:59:30 PM
I don't care if a guy i'm dating smokes pot. i don't, but I can tolerate it. I'm not about to tell my bf that he's "not allowed" to smoke up. then i would feel like his mother.
 fierynette
Msg: 567
Posted: 3/18/2007 9:04:52 PM
I think it depends on how central to the smoker's life the weed is. I personally wouldn't want to be with someone who needed a lot of pot (or alcohol) to get by. I don't mind people who smoke or drink socially, and I have dated more than one. People who let weed smoking get in the way of life though... not for me.
 serenaoak
Msg: 568
Posted: 3/18/2007 11:04:18 PM
To all the pot smokers out there,,,so at what age is it acceptable to let your children smoke pot?

If they are over 21, self-supporting and out of the house, they can make their own decision, same as cigarettes and alcohol. I am not currently a smoker, nor do I have children, but that would be my position.
 Strollz
Msg: 569
Posted: 3/18/2007 11:17:20 PM
F**k all ya pot haters! Its way better than drinkin, and I do that as well, but I've never met an angry stonner. Maybe a hungry one, or one that cant stop laughin. Someone wrote that they wouldnt sink as low to talk to a pot head? Good! We dont want ta deal with yer anti-pot s**t stories anyways. If ya tried it ya probably be alot different. Not that I have anything against non-"smokers" . I hang around alot that dont inhale. So to all ya weed haters. GO F**K YOURSELVES!
 janeyjohns
Msg: 570
Posted: 3/19/2007 12:15:32 AM
My brother started as a pot smoker at age 13 and has smoked forever now. His wife used to do it with him. He adopted her daughter and they had 3 more together.

She quit smoking and then she saw the problems more clearly. Her oldest at home was 11 at the time and she could and would roll joints for her dad. Of course she also used to change diapers and watch her younger siblings alot too. He lost his family once she quit toking and the smoke cloud moved away. She woke up from the fog and realized she didn't like the life she was in and moved on.

It may work when two people are both doing it but when one stops it will probably end. If children are involved, is it worth pointing them in that direction because like it or not we are the examples for them?

I for one have always said "do what you want, but live with your consequences". It's all a matter of choices. I just choose for you not to do it around me or my kids and not to have it on your "person" if you are in my vehicle or home.
 IHAVEAMIND
Msg: 571
Posted: 3/19/2007 12:19:51 AM
depends on what one considers excessive.
 Open Secret
Msg: 572
Posted: 3/19/2007 12:36:24 AM
If the other person does it once in a while to have fun and unwind then I think it is fine. I can't stand the vast majority of people I've met who base their lives around smoking it though because they are very boring IMHO.
 strats4
Msg: 573
Posted: 3/19/2007 7:30:47 AM
I was wondering something,when I go to a bar and as the nite wears on and ppl get intoxicated and start talking bull, and some get aggressive and in somebodys face,from drinkin booze,is that an acceptable behavior,or the ones at 1 in the mornin so drunk they can hardly talk.and drowning there whatever with Booze.On the other hand someone who has a few puffs and at the end are still a functioning and love to go out and do stuff that isnt based in a bar setting,Now women which would you rather be with?Maybe some want someone who doesnt use anything,well good luck,This applys to both genders,and guess what one of the biggest turnoffs is a drunk
 msusnicknel
Msg: 574
view profile
History
Posted: 3/19/2007 8:23:46 AM
This whole subject cracks me up. I agree with what others have stated, smoking pot does not make a person a jerk/fool/a$$hole/lazy/etc. People who ARE jerks/fools/a$$holes/leazy/etc sometimes happen to smoke pot. Just like people who are jerks/fools/a$$holes/lazy sometimes drive cars, go to college, work for accounting firms, drink beer, or eat grilled cheese sandwiches.

In other words, it isn't a particular activity that makes a person, it is the person who makes the person. For you statistics minded people out there, correlation does not imply causation.

It really strikes me as ironic the people in this thread who say they would never date someone who smoked because it is "wrong" or stupid, yet these same people say their ideal first date would in some way involve going out for drinks. Isn't this a bit hypocritical? You can completely dismiss a person because they chose to partake in one mind altering substance, yet it is perfectly acceptable to indulge in another mind altering substance the first time you meet a potential mate? Meh...

And to those who say they couldn't date a person who smokes pot because it is illegal, would you refuse to date someone because they drove over the speed limit? What about if they drove you home after having 2 beers (technically over the limit for most people/states)? How about a jaywalker **gasp**? Remember, if nobody ever broke the law, the U.S. would still be a part of great brittain, we'd still be owning slaves, and anyone who didn't actively participate in a strict Christian lifestyle could be burned at the stake. Blind ignorance to nonsensical laws is a primary step towards facism.

I know I'd much rather date or get to know someone who has a habit/hobby/belief that I don't particularly agree with than I would someone who would cast off another person based on just one aspect of their life!
 oldsoul
Msg: 575
Posted: 3/19/2007 10:02:07 AM
Thank you , Raven1...you took the words right out my mouth....

How sad....
 oldsoul
Msg: 576
Posted: 3/19/2007 10:11:31 AM
[I know I'd much rather date or get to know someone who has a habit/hobby/belief that I don't particularly agree with than I would someone who would cast off another person based on just one aspect of their life!/]

And thank you Msusnicknel! There's nothing left for me to say....
 msusnicknel
Msg: 577
view profile
History
Posted: 3/19/2007 10:25:09 AM
To firefighter:

My kids (of which I have none, but I DO have several nieces and nephews whom I love very much) can start smoking pot at the age as they can start drinking. The age where they are mature and responsible enough to make choices for themselves.

Is that 16? 18? 21? 72? It really depends on the individual. I'm certainly not going to let a random government agency determine those ages for me. After all, I'm sure you've met 21 year olds who were in no way mature or responsible enough to drink. I've also met 16 year olds who sit and have a beer with their parents from time-to-time, and believe it or not, don't become alcoholics. It isn't like we magically transoform into adults on the eve of our 18th or 21st birthday.

I do talk to my nieces and nephews openly and honestly about the dangers and benefits (yes, I said benefits) of drug use. I COULD beat them over the head with "just say no" messages, but in the real world (where I tend to live) the choice is ultimately going to be up to them. I'd much rather they have had the opportunity to think the topic through, ask honest questions, debate, and make those decisions about their life intelligently, than to just have some slogan to blindly repeat. I plan on doing the same thing if/when I ever have kids.

Not trying to attack you or be disrespectful, just my $.02.

Live, let live, and let people make decisions about their own lives and bodies!

Flyingace5
Msg: 578
view profile
History
Posted: 3/19/2007 9:49:33 PM
Hey Raven maybe you know the details bedind this fact:Marijuanna was originally outlawed in the southwest (and the country) I believe after the construction of the Hoover Dam as a means to remove the large Mexican population that had migrated to the southwest at the beginning of the construction project (Overcrowding was an issue and at the time it was a favored means of obtaining a buzz by the Mexican/Southamerican Latino immigrants and it was used to legally deport them enmasse. Now, what I cannot remember is it may not have been the Hoover Dam Project; it could have been an earlier event such as the California Goldrush or one of the other mineral "rushes" in the southwestern states(i.e. New Mexico, Arizona, Nevada, Etc.) I have had a few myself in my time and see it as a lesser evil than alcohol!
 Survivalism
Msg: 579
Posted: 3/19/2007 9:54:08 PM
I absolutely cannot stand it, and, therefore, I won't even give druggies a chance, and it's for one simple reason. Potheads are the SINGLE most annoying people on the planet.

F**k all ya pot haters! Its way better than drinkin, and I do that as well, but I've never met an angry stonner. Maybe a hungry one, or one that cant stop laughin. Someone wrote that they wouldnt sink as low to talk to a pot head? Good! We dont want ta deal with yer anti-pot s**t stories anyways. If ya tried it ya probably be alot different. Not that I have anything against non-"smokers" . I hang around alot that dont inhale. So to all ya weed haters. GO F**K YOURSELVES!

I rest my case.
 RobinSingle
Msg: 580
view profile
History
Posted: 3/19/2007 10:13:42 PM
the answer is no - I believe non's and do's have low success rates.
also....

fireman....

so at what age is it acceptable to let your children smoke pot????

any advice to those who don't have kids - or parents anymore for that matter - single adults with free choice?...doing something that is generally accepted even as close as Canada? and Mexico? people who are knowledgable of the actual history of hemp vs. cotton? something you can smoke that has never been linked to cancer and is actually used in its treatment? something that's medical benefits have only just began to be explored and realized? ..... if you have any kind of advice for "those" people - you must be quite the smoker...lol....love your posts...usually....(hope you take this well - as it was intended - to provoke conversation - not controversy).
 sweetriver4
Msg: 581
Posted: 3/19/2007 10:15:06 PM
well i have to agree with strollz on that one me i have doing it sence i was 13 and hey i am still here and my brain is fine i still can read type and spell i am not fried and also just to ta let u know i dont drink much prefere to smoke put me in control and we r the best damn people to know so easy going and down to earth and we r not volient people who ever heard of one but u drink waht happens they go indian on u and i look at this way u dont like that i do it to f890king bad that what i am and i will change for now one take me as i am i will probaly die with a joint in my hand and hope to bury with one so that what i have to say so like lump it or fuxk urself tata for POT
 sweetriver4
Msg: 582
Posted: 3/19/2007 10:16:44 PM
well i have to agree with strollz on that one me i have doing it sence i was 13 and hey i am still here and my brain is fine i still can read type and spell i am not fried and also just to ta let u know i dont drink much prefere to smoke put me in control and we r the best damn people to know so easy going and down to earth and we r not volient people who ever heard of one but u drink waht happens they go indian on u and i look at this way u dont like that i do it to f890king bad that what i am and i will change for no one take me as i am i will probaly die with a joint in my hand and hope to bury with one so that what i have to say so like lump it or fuxk urself tata for POT
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >