Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Hambone352
Msg: 44
can non-pot smokers handle pot smokers?Page 2 of 77    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41)
"I run my own business, I have a college degree and guess what - I smoke marijuana, and I have smoked marijuana for several years. "

Guess what, there are alot of lawyers and politicians that do coke too.
 ImYourAngel23
Msg: 45
can non-pot smokers handle pot smokers?
Posted: 11/16/2005 3:22:39 AM
I dont like pot and i sare dont aprove of it. Thats why i got out of a relationship i was in. Worst part of it....when they try to hind the facts !!!!!
 DarkestB4Dawn
Msg: 47
Posted: 11/16/2005 4:14:14 AM
I wasnt calling you closed minded, was just stating the other side of the opinion. That's what's great about life we ALL have opinions, sometimes it takes seeing BOTH sides to fully understand. And you are correct, it is YOUR choice and right to date whomever you want. Lord knows I don't wanna have to approve of everyone's "mates"....LOL
 HaveYouMetHayden
Msg: 49
view profile
History
Posted: 11/16/2005 4:25:11 AM
Australian Bureau of Statistics...
Each year approximately-
81% of drug related deaths were due to tobacco products
16% were due to alcohol related problems.

that leaves around 3% of people dieing from drugs, be they legally procurred overdoses or illegal ones.

Let us not forget that tv is also a large addiction.

I am sure that several anti pot/drug people on here are fairly christian orientated, so i would like to throw a quote your way. Let he who has not sinned cast the first stone.

George W Bush was arrested once for cocaine possession, twice for DUI, but daddy Bush managed to have these hidden. Just a lil fact from the smokinggun
 Raven1
Msg: 50
Posted: 11/16/2005 4:28:57 AM
to Kerry

The only reason I made an attack at the level of your intellect was due to the fact that you made mention of smokers as being stupid (or the act of smoking as being so, which in turn is the same thing as calling a smoker stupid).

I'm sorry but what you made mention of was nothing but GARBAGE. If those people lacked motivation it's because they never had drive within themselves.You say you KNOW it was due to the MJ.
HOW ON EARTH CAN YOU KNOW WHAT'S TRULY GOING ON INSIDE THE MIND OF ANOTHER?
If people do not have enough brains to know when to participate in certain activities and when not to then that's on them. If you know the effects of something will be detremental to certain aspects of your life at certain times for example then you do not engage in them until the appropriate time. You're going on a long trip and you know you will not be able to stop for a restroom very often or not for a while. Are you going to over indulge in drinking fluids before your trip? (especially knowing you have a small bladder!) NO, you won't. You'll either moderate yourself and wait until a more appropriate time.
If I have a health problem and I am supposed to take certian medications on a daily basis but those medications will make me drowsy, I'm not going to go take them before I have to drive a tracktor-trailer. Or before I have to operate machinery. I will take them after work, perhaps before dinner or before I am to go to sleep.
Also, it's as the saying goes. "Everything in moderation". Ever hear that one?

You're blaming a drug for your brother's friends actions but you know what? That's "typically" the life of a musician. They don't have a set schedule (muchless lifestyle) whereas Doctors, Lawyers, etc. do!
If they were lazy it's most likely due to their personalities. You can't blame a drug. Perhaps they chose to overdo it and not moderate themselves. For that it is their fault. It's all in your mind. It's like obese people. I mean it's one thing if it's a genetic problem. (They barely eat and when they do they eat well/nutrishously and they work out yet they still have a problem losing the weight.....that I could understand). HOWEVER, those that chose to over indulge on food and have no self-discipline; who's to blame but themselves?

If you're going to blame drugs for everything then everyone that has indulged in the use of them should be an addict! Why are some people able to control it while others cannot?
Thoughout my younger years I have experimented with MANY different drugs. None of which has ever gotten me addicted to as I don't do any of them anymore. For me it was nothing but a learning/experimentation phase. I should be a coke addict since I tried it a few times. Or hooked on exstacy, acid, mushrooms, crack cocaine even!
WHY/HOW DID I HAVE THE DISCIPLINE AND CONTROL?
BUT NO, THOSE WERE A FEW INDULGENCES AND FEW TIMES EACH. A LEARNING EXPERIENCE.

*** INTERESTING FACTS****
Nearly 15% of all men and 30% of all women admit to a craving for chocolate.

Over 300 substances have been identified in chocolate. Some of these, including caffeine and theobromine (another, less powerful stimulant) could actually cause dependency effects. But the amounts of these substances in chocolate are too small to really have any effect.
The same goes for phenylethylamine, a substance related to a family of stimulants called amphetamines. For example, chocolate contains less phenylethylamine than goat cheese.
Anandamide, a neurotransmitter produced naturally by the brain, has also been isolated in chocolate. The neural receptors for anandamide are the same ones to which THC, the main active ingredient in cannabis, binds. The anandamide in chocolate might therefore contribute to the feeling of well-being reported by “chocoholics” (though you would have to eat well over 30 kilos of chocolate to experience effects comparable to one dose of cannabis!).

DRUGS ARE CHEMICALLY BASED THOUGH IT IS CHEMICALS THAT ARE ALSO FOUND IN OUR MINDS/BODIES. IT IS CHEMICALS IN FOOD IN WHICH WE EAT. SOME OF WHICH CAUSE SOME SORT OF STIMULATION WHILE OTHERS MAY NOT.

You state "I have just never understood why people feel the need to on a consistant basis take a drug that alters reality. Why can't you deal with reality?" <---you see, you still don't understand and it is lack of understanding that causes indifference amongst each other within our society. However, does your lack of understanding (ignorance) make your views right? Do you not think that mabye if you had a better understanding your view(s) may change? (in a positive way)
IT'S NOT ABOUT ESCAPING REALITY AND NOT HAVING TO DEAL WITH IT. NOT FOR EVERYONE ANYWAY. FOR SOME IT'S ACTUALLY ABOUT REACHING A HIGHER PLATEAU, A HIGER ELEVATION (STATE) OF THE MIND AND OF REALITY. IT'S ABOUT TAPPING INTO THE SUBCONSCIOUS WHERE ONE WOULD NOT USUALLY BE ABLE TO.

EXAMPLE: I'VE BEEN ON SOME REALLY AMAZING HIGHS. WHAT I MEAN BY THIS IS THAT THE THOUGHTS AND IDEAS CONJURED UP IN MY MIND'S EYE NORMALLY WOULD NOT HAVE REVEALED THEMSELVES UNDER "NORMAL" CIRCUMSTANCES. I EVEN THOUGHT OF WRITING DOWN MY THOUGHTS ON PAPER BUT FIGURED I'D DO IT WHEN I WOKE UP.
KNOW WHAT HAPPENED?
G-O-N-E AFTER I HAD SLEPT AND WOKE UP. THESE WERE VERY DEEP, METHODICAL AND EVEN PHILISOPHICAL THOUGHTS THAT HAS MANIFESTED ITSELF IN MY MIND. THOUGHTS I NORMALLY WOULD NOT HAVE COME UP WITH. I REMEMBER THAT DUE TO THE FACT THAT I WAS SO AMAZED AT THEM. (THAT WAS THE REASON FOR WANTING TO WRITE IT DOWN)

ANOTHER EXAMPLE: ABOUT 9-10 YEARS AGO WHILE LIVING WITH MY OLDER COUSIN (VERY BRILLIANT INDIVIDUAL) AT THE TIME, I WAS ASKED BY HIM TO BRING BACK A HIT OF EXSTACY FOR HIM. (HE WAS MAJORING IN ECONOMICS @ A MAJOR UNIVERSITY). I DID SO. HE ENDED UP USING IT WHILE STUDYING. THE NEXT DAY I ASKED HIM HOW IT WAS AND HE TOLD ME, AND I QUOTE, "IT DIDN'T DO MUCH REALLY, I JUST SEEMED TO READ THROUGH MY MATERIAL FASTER AND HAD MORE MEMORY RETENTION". THIS FROM A GUY WHO WAS A MARIJUANA SMOKER FOR YEARS.

ANYWAY IM GOING TO END THIS OFF NOW BECAUSE I KNOW THAT IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT I SAY. YOU WILL HAVE YOUR OWN OPINION. THAT IS FINE BECAUSE EVERYONE IS ENTITLED TO THEIRS. HOWEVER YOU CANNOT ACCURATELY DISCUSS SOMETHING UNTIL YOU TRULY KNOW WHAT YOU SPEAK OF. ALL YOU CAN GO BY IS WHAT YOU READ FORM OTHERS.

THAT DOES NOT GIVE YOU MORE CREDENTIALS THAN SOMEONE WITH FIRST HAND EXPERIENCE!

Nada III
Msg: 55
Posted: 11/16/2005 8:48:19 AM
the smell to me brings back fond memeories, the best times of my life were when me and my freinds used to get stoned, I also used to get high before going to college classes and got straight A's in all subjects making the deans list 4.0 average for the first time ever.
It worked for me, but I know i got Attention Deficit Disorder, and it helped me be motivated , happy, and pay attention.
I don't smoke now, but wish sometimes I could.
makes you looks at the world a whole different way.
I would vote to legalize.
 DacaInaru
Msg: 56
Posted: 11/16/2005 8:52:49 AM
I won't date anyone that does any type of recreational drugs.. I have never use any type of recreation drug I do have a lot of drug users in my family which is one reason why i won't be around it or allow anyone into my life who is a user..

medicinal pot.. well the person would have to do it outside or in there own home.. not in my presence..
 CerifiedShorty
Msg: 58
Posted: 11/16/2005 8:56:40 AM
I can't stand a MAN THAT DOESN'T SMOKE POT!
 delytful
Msg: 62
Posted: 11/16/2005 9:17:19 AM
After reading through this thread, it SEEMS that those who are accepting of marijuana are more intelligent, open minded, objective and articulate than those who are so vehemently against it.
And I have never understood why alcohol is legal and marijuana isn't. Yes, I have done some research on the effects of the two. I have also had some experience with users of both. I would hang with pot heads before drunks any day.
 MellyBabez
Msg: 63
Posted: 11/16/2005 9:55:03 AM
*shrugs*
 PhyneLiquor
Msg: 67
Posted: 11/16/2005 11:13:21 AM
Pot grows brain cells!

Albert Einstein, William Faulkner and Bill Gates all smoked 3 ozs. daily most of their lives!
Almost all creative people; authors, playwrights, and musicians smoke heavily!

It's good for you, actually you can suffer from a "marijuana deficit" if you DON'T smoke it!

The reason North American kids lag Asian kids on average in scholastic achievement is they have been falling behind on toking up! Lazy dayum kids, can't even get 'em to smoke dope on schedule these days! :(

So..LIGHT UP, mon!
 AtomicLove888
Msg: 68
view profile
History
Posted: 11/16/2005 11:43:25 AM
Pot saved my life and healed my wounds .. I owe it all to good b.c. bud... I don't mind non pot smokers but if you're one of those rultra right anti pot peeps or even one of those so health coscious hypocrites I think society has the right to drag u out side and shoot u in the head they charge the bullets to ur credit card.

Sincerely .. MarleyMan
 kevn2012
Msg: 70
Posted: 11/16/2005 12:22:03 PM
Thats an interesting take on eating marijuana. I'm not sure I've ever met someone who prefers it as a snack.

Except for maybe George Washington.
 PhyneLiquor
Msg: 71
Posted: 11/16/2005 12:30:04 PM
funny how most of those people who claim to be so brilliant while stoned have 'jack of all trades' (meaning: "unemployed" ? )or 'student' at age 29-30 on their profiles..

IF it makes you so smart, why have we not heard of these genius authors, playwrights, musicians to date?

why would they be typing on POF rather than composing great, timeless works of art? :)

LMAO
 kevn2012
Msg: 72
Posted: 11/16/2005 12:49:39 PM
Hmmm. Thats funny, I thought the 2 biggest bands ever the Beatles, and the Rolling Stones were pot-smokers. I knew McCartney was set-up. Those **stardS!

PhyneLiquor
Msg: 73
Posted: 11/16/2005 12:56:08 PM
MC Raven just hasn't made it yet, I guess..Hmm so out of millions of pot smokers a few became big-time musicians..conclusive scientific evidence of the claim that using marijuana helps creativity if I ever heard any!

I'm sure that had they not used pot, The Beatles and Rolling Stones would never have risen above small bar & coffee-house standbys..lol

Many people are convinced they have 'deep thoughts' while stoned..often they are just so f*cked up they think that pondering the inner meaning of a Crayola crayon is 'deep'.
 Sir_Lixxalott
Msg: 74
Posted: 11/16/2005 1:03:00 PM
not for my girls, I smoke up, get the munchies..the only thing around to eat is her ;)
 kevn2012
Msg: 75
Posted: 11/16/2005 1:08:56 PM
You could take all the big bands from A-Z. Abba to ZZ Top, and I'm sure the percentage of musicians that smoke pot, or did in their prime are staggering. Alot higher than the average of your everyday citizen. I have no evidence to back this up, but I'm sure this is accurate. Which tells me yes marijuana helps musicians be more creative. As far as playwrights, and authors I agree.
 nicemale
Msg: 76
can non-pot smokers...........
Posted: 11/16/2005 1:10:20 PM
Not in a relationship.....
 Raven1
Msg: 77
Posted: 11/16/2005 1:11:50 PM

So raven your friend wanted the E to study better Im sure. lmao, good thing he didn't burn a little hole in his brain, that stuff has been shown to do that on brain imaging. Very smart move.

*sighs*

It seems as though some people read but do not properly READ. Perhaps it is from the lack of use of drugs that you lack memory retention? My COUSIN was the one with whom I stated was given the exstacy.

You state "So raven your friend wanted the E to study better Im sure." <---- I'm sorry Kerry but your ignorance is overwhelming not to mention somewhat frustrating. You still do not understand the definition of "experimentation" do you? People that indulge in/experiment with drugs do so for various reasons and under various different environmental circumstances. Drugs are not always used in social atmospheres/surroundings. They are not always used while in the bars, clubs, sitting at home playing videogames, or whatever other stimga is attached it to.

My cousin is quite intelligent. He was a pot smoker for as long as I can remember. Yet always aced in his schooling. You'll find that many pot smokers will actually smoke up before studying and I know for a fact he was one of them. It seemed to work out well for him. He completed University and landed a job with DeHaviland (the airplane manufacturer) in charge of millions of their dollars and making 6 figures a year. His interview was an 8 hour long one where they went though his entire life from a to z.
He must have burnt some SERIOUS holes in his brain for him to achieve such a position with a corporate giant like that and such success with his job AND personal life!
(33 years old, married with a daughter, house and earning a 6 figure a year income).
I must have burned some as well because in my teens I used to attend those raves where I would do hits of exstacy and dance through the early hours of the morn till 7-8am the next day. Afterall can't you tell my mental/cognitive defeciencey? ;)
Those drugs must have really done quite the number on me don't you think?

As for those that smoked before studying, I can understand why. I for one usually have a million and one things (thoughts) on my mind throughout any given part of the day. That being said sometimes it's hard to concentrate and just focus on one at any given time (no I do not have A.D.D or A.D.H.D). When I used to smoke it allowed me to clear my mind and focus on any one given thought or task. That was one of the reasons I enjoyed it.

as for Dime12804 - do you mean LESIONS? hehe

John5150
Msg: 78
Posted: 11/16/2005 1:13:57 PM
WOW.. some cool replies on this subject.. here's my take..

I've sat through the physical and mental part of withdrawal both from alcohol and drugs. To me, the alcohol was much worse than when I quit smoking pot. This was all over 10 yrs ago, but in my opinion, pot doesn't cause half the problems that booze does.. I quit the two at different times, alcohol withdrawal is pure hell, pot I just quit.. that simple

now, for can I handle a smoker? I tried this a while ago.. she smoked once in a while, I had no problem with that until I looked around and saw that her definition of "once in a while" was from the time she left work until the time she went to work, of course with a break to smoke a joint during lunch.. this isn't once in a while to me.. so, this was ended rather quickly..

could I date someone that did smoke once in a while? hell yeah, I see no problems with that, would rather see someone stoned than drunk out of their mind (which is legal somehow).. that's just me..
 Raven1
Msg: 79
Posted: 11/16/2005 1:32:48 PM
Marijuana can lower inhibitions and impair judgment. Lowered inhibitions have been known to result in unprotected sex, increased possibilities of sexually transmitted diseases, and potential unwanted pregnancies. Marijuana may interfere with human reproduction. Some research shows a decline in sex hormones in young boys and possible disturbances of the menstrual cycle in girls. In the critical early stages of pregnancy, smoking may be harmful to the baby.

Some of the problems/effects you just associated with the use of MJ are identical issues one faces with alcohol consumption!

*** Let's face it people. The only reason those of you that are against the use of it (or any other "illegal" substance) is because you are nothing but conformists. Sheep amongst the flock. Your life is dictated by a higher form of power (Local and Federal government).
It's those of you that never bring about change due to the fact that you fear contending those forms of power.

If the government legalized then would it be ok? Would it be tolerable for people to engage in the use of whatever drug BECAUSE that higher form of power ALLOWED you to?
Alcohol was PROHIBITED at one point in time too you know?
There are "LEGAL" drugs out there that have led to many deaths. Why are those ok to use?
Because that higher form of power that rules/dictates how you live your life decides it's ok?

Listen to those late night commercials where pharmaceutical companies are advertising their various drugs. Listen to the side-effects that are caused by some of them. "Heart attack, stroke, blood-clots, respitory failure", etc. yet it's ok for doctors to play god and perscribe these drugs not knowing fully well if it will remedy or worsen the situation.

If you were born in Amsterdam and lived there all your life you probably wouldn't have a problem with MJ. Why? Because there's it's a socially acceptable standard and is FULLY legal by those higher governing bodies of power (the government).

See the difference from one geographical region to the next?
You're living your life and basing your thoughts and ideals on what is GIVEN to you by others NOT by what is made/created by your own mind. What you think is biased by what you are told by both them AND the media. What you think is based on values & standards THEY feel are right for you.

Summer Teeth
Msg: 80
Posted: 11/16/2005 1:51:21 PM
I can handle that situation without any problem. She'd be so stoned, she probably wouldn't notice me kicking her to the curb.
 Summer Teeth
Msg: 82
Posted: 11/16/2005 1:56:01 PM
Raven--marijuana affects everyone differently. You wanna smoke it, smoke it. Some people can function quite well on it.

But I wouldn't date someone who smoked it. It's my preference. And for me, it's nothing like alcohol. I can still keep track of time when drinking; my stomach doesn't hurt like hell when drinking; and my place doesn't smell like burning sweat when drinking.

Marijuana, to me, is unattractive.

Oh, and Raven--you are the sheep, most likely following some half-baked definition of "cool" that you never defined yourself. Good luck with that, jackass.
 John5150
Msg: 84
Posted: 11/16/2005 2:10:37 PM
Hey Ekkobeach - what's the difference between the person who smokes pot to escape or feel adequate and the person who drinks to escape or feel adequate? or even for that matter, the person who hunts, races, fishes, spends time with family or whatever to escape the pressures of reality and allow that person to feel adequate? If smoking pot is such a terrible thing because people use it to escape then with the same thoughts when I go home tonight and do whatever silly things that I do (specifically play with my dogs and play guitar) then I'm doing something to escape and I shouldn't be doing these things.. There is absolutely no difference between using pot to escape or using alcohol to escape.. and not everyone that uses these are doing so as an escape...
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >