Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > can non-pot smokers handle pot smokers?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 funboy78
Msg: 476
view profile
History
can non-pot smokers handle pot smokers?Page 20 of 77    (6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46)
your a losser pal, I think i need my medicine now dude....
 drg1301
Msg: 477
can non-pot smokers handle pot smokers?
Posted: 2/10/2007 10:14:52 PM
just who are you referring to dude
 youngest of 8
Msg: 478
Posted: 2/10/2007 10:37:54 PM
Moderation would be a key criteria. Anything to excess can be harmful. If self-medicating is a mandatory part of their "life" a stoner (or a boozer, for that matter) may want to look at what they are really trying to avoid.

Medicinal has a legitimate place, and the occaissional smoker may live more than the 'illussion of functionality', but if their life, their friends, their world revolves around 420 are they living or existing?

When I die I may wish that I hiked further, loved better or contributed more to the community, but I will not wish that I got stoned more. They call it wasted for a reason. I am trying not to preach, but I spent 25 years stupifying myself with "Buddish Columbia's" finest, so please don't suggest that I do not have knowledfe about the subject.

What do I do now that I dont burn doobies? I get things done...
 bevans
Msg: 479
Posted: 2/15/2007 2:43:42 AM

OK you would rather deal with someone who has to have a drink every night to unwind. Go out two, three or more times a week and come home stumbling a$$ drunk slurring their words and throwing up all over the place. Or one of those mean drunks who feel that they have to prove their superiority by abusing his spouse and kids. All the while blowing his paycheck in the bars and chasing skirts.

Actually no, I won't deal with either. You can't justify smoking pot because your not getting ripped on bourbon and screwing the cat. It's nasty, it's a crutch, and I know more than a couple of really good folks who got their lives ruined by it. Either they just got too lazy to bother living, or they got stupid and got caught. And you can;t tell me if you are a potsmoker, you don't know a couple too.
 Decemberman
Msg: 480
Posted: 2/15/2007 3:08:47 AM
I dunno. Could an axe murderer handle living with a non-axe murderer? I know I would rather deal with someone who is stoned than some of the psycho alcoholics I have dated. The main reason that it is still illegal is because of propaganda films like "Reefer Madness" which were designed to dupe the public into financing a drug war against a problem that was really non-existant in the 20s & 30s with their tax dollars. I think I will straddle the fence on this one. I really don't care one way or the other.

(These icons are not really here, you are hallucinating them!!!)
 dont_perv_on_me
Msg: 481
Posted: 2/15/2007 3:34:35 AM
Personally, not a chance. To each their own however.
 lolly87
Msg: 482
Posted: 2/15/2007 3:43:01 AM
well said DIME12804...couldnt of said it better myself....
 lolly87
Msg: 483
Posted: 2/15/2007 4:16:22 AM
i kinda agree with BOOKMAN09 as i used to be a heavy smoker from the age of 13...and just quit about a year ago now,smoking for 5 years has had a huge affect on me for example...
If ever i am around friends or whoever that may be smoking or are even talking about it,i feel a strong urge for a Jay or a Pull on a billie,so for me No i probly couldnt date a smoker because i would just start up my habit again..
For me when smoking pot,i definatly had some of the best times of my teenage life but it has its bad effects on some ppl too,not all but it definatly escalates your anger,makes you go a lil bit skitz(these were the downside for me), i felt unable to deal with alot of everyday situations without the use of my good ol mate,mary J,like for example..WORK,i could never even put in a full day at work without having a bit b4 hand..(just one example)
Although if it wasnt for these negatives,and these are only negatives to me as this is my experience and the affect its had on me(every ones different) i would still be smoking...Im a very artistic and creative person and some of my best ideas and best work has come from the help of M.J,Anyways...Basically each to their own...You have to respect the individual and their decisions but in answer to the ORIGINAL question NO i couldnt because i worked so hard,(ANd it was extremly difficult to quit)...Alot of Great OPInionS though
 dj181
Msg: 484
Posted: 2/15/2007 9:30:34 AM
not a chance this way, i have seen the effects pot smoking and other types of drugs (including alcohol) can have on people after working in soime mental health faciltities, so i dont agree with some peoples veiws that pot is harmless, because it isnt, as much as alcohol isnt harmless (but i dont drink that either!!) for me it is just a hell no i wouldnt want it around me or my kids
 ~Brook~
Msg: 485
Posted: 2/15/2007 9:36:08 AM
I dated a guy who smoked alot of pot
i really thought I could look past it
turns out I couldn't

he loved the pot
I left lol
 blumajik
Msg: 486
Posted: 2/15/2007 10:00:55 AM
WELL SAID Raven...I couldn't have said it better than you! I am not a pot smoker either but compliment you on being so eloquent!
 douwantthis
Msg: 487
Posted: 2/15/2007 10:21:34 AM
I think that it just depends on the person. If they have very strict 'values' then they may be opposed to users. Me, myself, I'm not a smoker but I don't care if other people do it as long as it doesn't start interfering in the relationship or in daily routine (hygiene, holding down a job, etc.). Most of my female friends don't mind it as long as when there is something important to do, the guy isn't walking around higher then a kite!!
 CowboyPenner
Msg: 488
Posted: 2/15/2007 10:23:17 AM
Nope don't think so. I don't partake myself and don't really have any interest in hanging around others who are into mind altering drugs.
 ladyrcmt
Msg: 489
view profile
History
Posted: 2/15/2007 10:37:38 AM
it depends on the person also ...because drugs affect different people different ways.
some people smoke pot and you can't even tell they do...others smoke....and they are blazing.
 Flutterby74
Msg: 490
Posted: 2/15/2007 10:38:54 AM
I like POF to add a catagory to the settings page that reads:
"Pot Smoker"

A pot head
b occasionaly/ socially
c rarely
d never, up-tight, freek.................

I never smoke pot and it's not because I'm an uptight freak. I've tried it several times and I simply do not like it.

And to answer the question, I generally do not mind if the person I date smokes pot as long as they are not letting it control their lives.
 Smiley_99
Msg: 491
Posted: 2/15/2007 1:14:26 PM
What does the non-pot smoker do when the pot smoker is spending money on pot when they cant afford if there sharing the finances? whats more important paying the bills, food or Pot?
 Harry Peter
Msg: 492
Posted: 2/16/2007 7:53:11 AM
If you are worried about what others think about your pot smoking, the pot isn't working in making you high apparently, but paranoid.

I freak out on pot. I'm already heady enough straight. Pot is like cranking the dial up to 22 with me. I go in and out of reality (feel like I am constantly waking up with in a dream). Then I get a headache and stomach.

I don't mind being around pot smokers though. So long as they don't bug me to go buy them something to eat. It's rude drunks that are a pain. Because there is only room for one, and that will be me.
 missouri-gypsy
Msg: 493
view profile
History
Posted: 2/16/2007 8:01:28 AM
I would rather be around people smoking pot than drinking. If you go to a party with pot smokers there are no fights, if they start people forget them cause of something else going on or there's food. Drinking parties someone always starts a fight and then there's problems.
Have not done it in a very long time and when I did it was real and you knew what was in it any more ya just got to watch what you are getting and that's why people are having more problems with it.
 missouri-gypsy
Msg: 494
view profile
History
Posted: 2/16/2007 8:03:48 AM
Also it depend's on the smoker, can they handle it without going over board? Do they have enough money to spend on it without taking it away from something that is needed (food, shelter, bills) And last are they ok on it or are they filping out?
 Woodstar
Msg: 495
Posted: 2/16/2007 8:21:46 AM
Okay...I did the speed read thing. This is an old thread, but obviously one frequently visited.

I'd like to clear up something that has been mentioned. Whether we (those who smoke pot) are being honest on our profiles. I used to have on my profile "yes" on the "do you do drugs" slot. One day, I realized I could not contact someone just to give a private "off topic" comment on a thread we were both on. So, I took that off my profile just long enough to communicate with her. While I still had the change on my profile I found a whole new group of people I could communicate with. So, I decided to keep it the way it is now.

I wrote in my profile that I am herb friendly. I am not a heavy smoker...once in awhile if the occassion feels right. I could go all month and not encounter or crave it. I also say in my profile that I do not want to associate with a "wake n bake"...thats the ones who have to have some the minute they fall out of bed until they go to sleep. No way. Thats a drug addict....same as an alcholic. NOT INTERESTED! This does not include those who honestly have medical issues. I have several friends who fit in that catagory. They'll pull out their pipe and I'll sip on my glass of wine and/or I'll take one or two puffs. They call me the "two hit wonder"...its all I need.

I am a grown up...I have a full time job...I am the superviser...I have a life...I'm not a sheep...I am a goat!
 Eyes O Blue
Msg: 496
Posted: 2/16/2007 8:46:16 AM
For me , it would depend on how often it was and whether or not it had negative effects on their personality and/or lifestyle. If it was recreational and had no ill effects, then why not ? I'm no prude !

EagleEric
Msg: 497
Posted: 2/16/2007 8:51:28 AM
No! Any kind of drugs beyond alcohol (in moderate amounts) and coffee, are deal breakers.

Eric
 PalpableTension
Msg: 498
Posted: 2/16/2007 9:08:18 AM
I find some of these comments very amusing in their blatant ignorance. The cowboy guy up top says he would never hang out with someone who smoked pot, I hear comments about being around ppl who use "mind altering drugs", and OMG this winner who talks about paying the bills or smoking pot. Too funny, that these ppl who so casually look down at these pot smokers have no problem going out and paying 30 dollars for a case of beer (which by the way, is made from a different drug, alcohol).

How many people are laying in the hospital hooked up to machines dying because organs are failing because they abuse alcohol? A LOT. Because of pot? None. Newsflash morons. Pot is cheaper than alcohol, FAR less dangerous, WAY WAY WAY less addictive, and all around nowhere near as harmful in any respect as booze. You people with your inane comments based on some ridiculous bias grounded in no fact at all need to get your heads checked.

There's no way you're going to be able to convince me that this guy hasn't had nights at the bar where he's spent 100 - 150 dollars on booze, yet its unacceptable that someone might pay 50 dollars for a quarter ounce of weed, which is usually going to last a hell of a lot longer than one night. (LOL just guessing at the price ;) )

The saddest thing for me to watch is when someone who is uninformed or has no idea what they're talking about prattle on and on making their point about how terrible other ppl are. So quick to condemn, hoping that the pretty girl will see how anti-drug they are and send them that message they have been waiting for so long (rolls eyes).

Anyways, thats just my two cents ;).

Edit: I was going to leave this eric guy above me out of it since he was just using his emphatic "No!" to actually answer the question rather than bash pot smokers BUT... then i checked out some of his posts and saw his last one said that any time you go to meet someone new you should have a few drinks before you go out and drive to meet them. He didn't say drive but I'm assuming most people don't take public transportation to their first dates, maybe I'm wrong. Well I think the fact that he says you have to have a few drinks before you do certain things pretty much means he doesn't know what he's talking about, since he has an addiction of his own ;)
 Woodstar
Msg: 499
Posted: 2/16/2007 10:24:28 AM

Oh PT...you made me laugh...

How come we have this little guy ....and not a pipe?...oh...its illegal.
 gypsywinds
Msg: 500
Posted: 2/16/2007 10:54:32 AM
I can appreciate the use of marijuana as an alternative to treating physical pain that can't be treated with less invasive medicine. But self-medicating as a way of avoiding the hard work of therapy to deal with your demons is ...well.. less than admirable.

And if you only use weed for camaraderie and entertainment ... it would seem your world is quite limited
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > can non-pot smokers handle pot smokers?