Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Robin4wheels
Msg: 623
can non-pot smokers handle pot smokers?Page 20 of 77    (6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46)
LOL, it was 26 or so pages!! Not 17. Gheesh, time to get some housecleaning done or something! Get outside and soak up some sunshine.
But, it WAS interesting to read through.
 justme1202
Msg: 624
can non-pot smokers handle pot smokers?
Posted: 3/29/2007 1:40:39 PM
^^^ as for smoking cigarettes same goes for u buddy. Butt out or get out,.
 Art Vandolay
Msg: 625
Posted: 3/30/2007 3:06:14 PM

Drug smokers/users/abusers... total waste of air-space.

Well maybe if I was a TV or radio signal, then I could agree with the waste of air-space. Hell, I would even accept that if I were an Aircraft. But alas, I am just a human. Such an unwarranted attack, what were you smoking??

Im not convinced any other way. simple as...

If YOU can't handle ANYTHING (not just pot-smokers) then don't be around them. Thats what it is as simple as. I watch this thread gain pages, almost daily. Some people realize what I am typing here. Others, I think they are so against pot, that anyone that uses it is a *expletive deleted*. And as for professional pot smokers, anyone remember Clinton? Oh wait, he didn't inhale.

All I ask is don't be so quick to judge a person by what they smoke. If you can't handle the pot-smoker, then answer with a no. No need to tell us what you think of a pot smoker, just that you cant "handle one".
 MyTwoCents
Msg: 626
Posted: 3/30/2007 9:55:58 PM
i am a non smoker (pot or otherwise) I lived with a pot smoker for 5 years and now would not date another smoker. At first I was very open minded about pot use since I had never been around it previously...I thought it was no big deal and for the most part harmless....Then I met him and experienced it first hand! Now mind you, he smoked it all day everytime he had a chance...in the car while driving, in the bedroom WE shared not caring if I didn't like the smell...He put it as his number 1 priority...Everytime he got paid he'd drive for miles spending a lot of gas to get to his dealer to pay for the last few bags and get a few more bags, therefore always being in the "hole" with the dealer...Then he'd complain about the power bill, paying for something his daughter needed etc...His memory was so bad we couldn't watch a TV show together then have a conversation about it during the commercial..I'd make a reference to the show we just watched and he'd ask WHAT I was talking about!!! He referred to it as needing an attitude adjustment...That told me he couldn't cope with everyday life without needing it as a crutch, and since he did it all day long, he was "emotionally" addicted to it much like an alcholic needs booze to cope. I still don't think its bad if someone chooses to smoke it on the weekends, at a party etc but everyday all use defiinitely had an effect on me where I would never date a pot smoker again because this guy did not consider himself a pothead and now I would question anyone who smoked it and claimed to not be a pothead!!!
 Sherry7757
Msg: 627
Posted: 4/3/2007 4:26:13 PM
Totally agree.
If you were very ill with cancer, aids, and so on, and the only releif you could get from constant pain and vomiting, was to smoke a fatty . Really what would you do ?
Lay there in pain , vomiting?
Or smoke one ?
I know what I would do, roll one up.

I also Have known alot of people who partake in smoking up, and I would much rather spend my time with a room full of stoned people , than with a room full of Drunk people.
 Cleosea
Msg: 628
Posted: 4/3/2007 5:37:38 PM
Here is what happened to me. My ex bf was the biggest pot head I have ever seen. I loved him, but after a year and a half we had to end it. Nothing mattered to him but his pot. If there was ever a problem with our relationship that we needed to sort out, he would get high instead of talking about it. He never wanted to go out, never wanted to do anything, and even started getting lazy in bed. I couldn't handle it anymore. People who smoke pot on occasion are okay to me, but keep in mind people who do it all the time are not themselfs. It makes you lazy, and it makes you not care about anything. It came to the point where he would rather smoke a joint then go to his fathers funural. Find sombody that you have things in commen with. As my mom always tells me, your going to marry one of the people you date.
 livehardrunhard
Msg: 629
view profile
History
Posted: 4/3/2007 5:47:23 PM
I agree. None of the girls I dated that were potheads cared about anything but their weed. They swear up and down it does nothing to them and they can give it up anytime and its not effecting them. Yea sure and all the drunk drivers that swear they can drive fine but are all over the road know what they are talking about too

That stuff messes you up.
 edwardo66
Msg: 630
Posted: 4/4/2007 5:57:35 AM
420 forever!.....lol Hey if you dont like pot then dont hang around someone who does,its that simple.Each to there own is what I say.Have a good one and keep on toking!
 slysterling
Msg: 631
Posted: 4/4/2007 7:34:06 AM
i think it's a tuff combination...i've seen it work mind you...i have a number of friends that have been lifelong tokers and they have successful marriages now approaching two decades...none of them are much for drinking, ...super ladies they have for wives...

for the girls, if you're guy has to have a bad habit, pick this one over the bottle every time..old tobacco farmers i used to insure always told me they'd much rather pay the extra expense of flying in jamaicans at harvest time...they'd quietly get a buzz on in the evenings in their bunks instead of getting juiced up and rowdy...and they never wrecked expensive machinery as motor-control impaired boozer would...

also most stoners just want a buzz, they're usually not violent types at all..

and the nice thing about weed is you can get a buzz a number of times a day, as opposed to getting drunk, once you're drunk, you're drunk

for the guys, meh i'm, not sure..i know i hate a woman that boozes..lousy breath, ornery and quite often very aggressive...if she's a happy drunk or a cheap drunk i might look closer, but a girl that tokes "regularly", no thanks...the occassional toke i think would be ok
 mfh2112
Msg: 632
Posted: 4/4/2007 8:54:38 AM
Pot...? No thanks.

Anybody who needs to self medicate just to manage their lives is just painting over some bigger issues. Just like a drunk.
Not that I lack a certain empathy for those who need to be "comfortably numb" but don't go trying to sell yourselves as freedom fighters or sub-culture revolutionaries.
You're just drug addicts.
 Audial Liaison
Msg: 633
Posted: 4/4/2007 9:05:28 AM
I cannot, i have had and will continue to have oppertunities with women who smoke pot. And i will continue to not persue.
While i personally believe that the substance should be legal, while it is not i will respect the laws and not associate with anything illegal.
that of course isnt the only reason, I have noticed i just dont click with people who are into that kind of stuff.
 drg1301
Msg: 634
Posted: 4/4/2007 2:27:32 PM

Anybody who needs to self medicate just to manage their lives is just painting over some bigger issues. Just like a drunk.
Not that I lack a certain empathy for those who need to be "comfortably numb" but don't go trying to sell yourselves as freedom fighters or sub-culture revolutionaries.

As stated by one who drinks socially.
 yavoz32
Msg: 635
Posted: 4/4/2007 3:26:44 PM
hey peeps, i dont wanna say this reply is just for you , its for anyone. Weed is weed! but, depends on if that person adds things to it ( like so many do!) i have 3 family members who are very messed up from smoking weed because someone sold it to them laced with something. Me i tried weed one time with my brother long ago and i didnt like it at all. i dont need to be high. i am cool and enjoy my natural feeling very much. Now do i hate on smokers of the erb? no not really , but when i see weed smokers who use it like whoa! then i am very concerend. A family member of mine him and his girl smoke alot,and i mean alot! sometimes 3 blunts a day! if not more. their kids get neglected cause they be so stoned out and be off in another high zone to rationalize the damn kids diapers need changing and even smoke around them right there. The house smells like it all day even when they clean it from top to bottom it comes right back cause they smokin it again. Puff puff give! I dont condone cigerettes or alcohol either they are far worse and arent healthy period. but Weed is healthy to those who have the medical need for it. everyone else doing it for the high. thats why its a drug thats illegal cause its sold illegally. i live in the damn hood so aint nothing anyone can tell me, professional or otherwise. I see all these comments and i feel everyones point but to pass judgement cause someone doesnt care for dating someone that smokes it isn't being closed minded, thats a personal choice. they have that right as well as those who care to smoke it and date someone that does too. Me i dont want to date a woman that smokes it, now if she did in the past long ago, that is something else but that is my preference and dare not i am closed or simple minded for that. tell me to my face and we gonna have a debate that you will lose for sure. dont knock it till you try it, ha, that is a stupid excuse to use it! druggies used to say that and the drug dealers who push it to get you to try it to get you to buy it. I know cause i see all the weed heads and all commin in here to buy it. now if you posting you dont use drugs and you do, ya lieing. straight and simple. Weed is a drug whether its a prescription or not. legal or not. Think about this: if it wasn;t a drug then why do drug dealers sell it? yeah i know that got yall the nay sayers thinking . like a drug dealer gonna only sell pies but wants to be called a drug dealer. lmao . just because someone doesn't share your views of what you do does not make them narrow minded or idiots. our president is an idiot! I can tell when someone writes something on here if they are or were a smoker at one time. And for you who i am replying on this topic by no real means other than to post my thoughts of being real, if someone does not want you and passes you up because you smoke weed whether in large scale or a tid bit once in a while, listen, they are not narrow minded , your just not their cup of tea! If you knew a someone that smoked crack and you didnt like it would you date them and you didnt smoke crack? Of course not, but if you do thats what you dont mind dealing with. Remeber , when you are finding a partner or dating whatever your doing and its a part of your habits, if they want to be with you then its gonna affect them in some kind of way. Your actions will lead to reactions. well hope i gave a more urban experience thought on this lil subject and it is real and true and ya can dispute all ya want but in the end, the truth is the truth! peace.
 cincycat
Msg: 636
view profile
History
Posted: 4/4/2007 4:01:16 PM
WOW- it is a good question! It has always been tricky with my mates- as I should not smoke and generally do NOT- tho I have now and then in my lifetime. Never bought any/had a stash...but have smoked a little at parties. I don't find it superior to a glass or 2 of wine...and I am job hunting, so why would I risk a potential job with a smoking session? Some of my friends do smoke- and I find the culture of stonerspretty boring-"Let's all hunker around the bowl" and it just seems too expensive and too risky. My 1st hubby died in his 40s from bladder cancer and the dr suspected his 5 years og tobacco and 10 years of cannabis may have caused it. I truly would rather have him here- but then we will never know what killed him. My best friend smokes a little almost every day, then has a beer and gets very energetic/gets all sorts of work done! I have NEVER seen anyone act like that after smoking grass. What I usually see is complacency and just getting dull and slow after smoking. (To answer the question-of course a non-smoker CAN live with a smoker and handle all the ramifications of them smoking. I do think there is potential for some real differences of opinion, even breaking up a friendship/marriage).
 mfh2112
Msg: 637
Posted: 4/4/2007 4:41:49 PM
And here we go.....

A social drink may mean as little as 1 per year. In my case it means maybe 5. I do not "drink to forget my problems" or "drink to release the stress of the day". I do not drink just to "feel the head-buzz".
Do any of the dope smokers here smoke a couple of joints a year? I doubt it. You probably smoke more than 2 a day. You get up in the morning and spark a little spliff just to get going. Go off to work (providing you have work to go to); spend those 8 hours thinking about how good it will be to get home and roll a nice big fatty, order a pizza, watch a little TV and then roll another just before bed because it makes you sleep better. You get up the next day and repeat the process.
If I did that with booze I'd be an alcoholic and I don't think that anyone would argue that fact. There are no social drug users.
 drg1301
Msg: 638
Posted: 4/4/2007 5:30:18 PM
Oh there are a lot of social weed smokers there are also those who smoke on rare occassions. Kind of like you and your drinking. Me ? I don't smoke pot or drink but I would much rather be with a occasional pot smoker then someone who drinks.
 karibabes
Msg: 639
Posted: 4/4/2007 5:55:43 PM
back in the 70's I smoked a bit but when I had kids, I quit. Now I don't judge if it's toke here and there but for me personally I don't do it. I will not tolerate it around my grandchildren though.
 edwardo66
Msg: 640
Posted: 4/4/2007 6:38:44 PM
I'll take pot anyday over booze.At least it dont make me crash my car or beat up my wife or shit like that as booze will do to some people.Just because something is legal doesnt make it better.All that means is big brother is making billions off it and just think,if you legalized pot you could probably get rid of national debt in no time and empty out our prisons a bit and put people in there who deserve to be like murderers and rapists and also free up police resources to go catch real criminals.So before you bash pot you might wanna think of these things.
 msusnicknel
Msg: 641
view profile
History
Posted: 4/5/2007 10:00:31 AM

It is a freedom fight. Sorry, but it really is. Stop and look at it objectively. It is a governmental policy based around controlling people's bodies and mental states. Sure, weed is unhealthy, no question about it. Smoking anything is uhhealthy. But just because it is unhealthy, does not mean the government has a right to prohibit it. I'd argue that fast food poses far greater health risks than smoking weed. Should that be banned, too? My body and my mind is mine to control, not theirs.

Just because this freedom fight does not affect you personally does not mean it is any less valid or important. This is the same kind of thinking that a lot of people expressed during the civil rights movement. "Well, I'm not a minority, so this struggle doesn't affect me." Seems like kind of an ignorant stance to take, now doesn't it? This IS fundamentally a question of personal choice and freedoms.

There are no social drug users

This is simply an ignorant statement. Just because you don't know any personally doesn't mean they don't exist.

GRRRR....I gotta stop looking at this thread....I can't stay away...
 RobinSingle
Msg: 642
view profile
History
Posted: 4/5/2007 10:24:26 AM
Give 'em hell msusnicknel!!!
I'd write more but I am leaving for the free land of Amsterdam!
 mfh2112
Msg: 643
Posted: 4/5/2007 10:24:36 AM
"GRRRR....I gotta stop looking at this thread....I can't stay away... "

Just something else to be addicted to eh?

Look at your logic (or lack there of) ....An alcoholic has the "freedom" to drink himself to death. A smoker has the "freedom" to smoke themselves to death. A person living off junk food has the "freedom" to eat themselves to diabetes or a heart attack. So potheads are fighting for the "freedom" to toke their way to a vegetative state? Come on now. This is the same logic a lemming would use to justify why its following its buddies over the cliff.

I was a musician for 12 years and I've seen all the uses and abuses of drugs and alcohol I need to. I smoked 2.5 packs of cigarettes for 20 years until I finally quit at 35. I am not speaking out of ignorance.... you have no idea who I know.
 msusnicknel
Msg: 644
view profile
History
Posted: 4/5/2007 12:23:23 PM

An alcoholic has the "freedom" to drink himself to death. A smoker has the "freedom" to smoke themselves to death. A person living off junk food has the "freedom" to eat themselves to diabetes or a heart attack.

Yes, you got it!

You DO have the right to drink, smoke, or eat yourself to death. People do it every day! Obesity, smoking related heart disease, and alcohol cause hundreds of thousands of deaths, injury, and disease every year. Should we legislate these freedoms? Perhaps pass a law or two saying:

-Every person must exercise at least 3 times/wk for 30 minutes.
-No person shall eat at McDonald's more than once a month.
-For each cigarette, cigar, or chewing tobacco dose a person ingests, they must increase their exercise quota 10% to offset the health effects and plant a tree to offset the air pollution generated.

Seems kinda ridiculous, doesn't it?

Where that freedom ends is when it infringes on another's rights. As an example, you absolutely have the right to drink yourself to death (and rightly so!), but you don't have the right to endanger someone else by driving while drunk (or stoned,) or show up to work drunk (or stoned,) or to sell alcohol (or weed) to kids. I fail to see how advocating for personal choice is akin to "lemming logic." In fact, isn't that the antithesis of lemming logic?

And yes, I'm completely addicted to this thread. "Hi, my name is Chris, and I'm addicted to fighting ignorance."

BTW, I never said you were ignorant. I said you made an ignorant statement. Saying there are no social drug users IS an ignorant statement. There are people who smoke pot 2-3 times per month. If someone drank that often, they certainly would be considered a social drinker, and not an alcoholic. Not to mention the fact that alcohol itself is a drug...
 msusnicknel
Msg: 645
view profile
History
Posted: 4/5/2007 12:25:43 PM

I am leaving for the free land of Amsterdam!

Can I come with? PLEEEEEAAAASSSSEEEEE?

I need a dose of tolerance and open minded people. I've been spending way too much of my time here reading ridiculous posts around this issue.
 luanne_obs
Msg: 646
Posted: 4/5/2007 3:59:59 PM
Doesn't bother me, I can take it or leave it. It also amazes me how so many people are so anti-pot. Why is it that so many other countries legalize it, but the good ole USA denounces and throws people in jail over it and you lose your home? Just makes no sense to me at all. I think the US needs to consider the financial value they could gain from legalization!! They are sooooooo missin' the mark on that one!! I totally agree that pot vs. booze (pot is preferred), I'll take a toker over a physical or verbal abuser anyday. Booze makes some men mean as hell and pot simply relaxes them (and yes, makes them a bit horny too - ooh la la - lol).

I missed out on the hippy era :( Dang!! Like anything else though, there is a time and a place for everything and definitely in moderation. A rule, definitely not around children.

I personally can't afford the habit, but in closing, I must say

"Don't Bogart that Joint!!!" ;-)

p.s. - Guess I should change my profile to say "yes I do drugs" because I take about 3 a day, all prescription, but I like a previous poster stated, it would be nice to expand upon the responses to that profile question. It's entirely too vague.
 kim shea
Msg: 647
view profile
History
Posted: 4/5/2007 4:10:31 PM
hulahoney, we are a group in SW Fla., planning a Luau, and needing education to the Hawiian ways. Smokers or not smokers, we have both amoung us, yet please forgive me for getting of subject. Hulahoney, I couldn't write to you directly, maybe you would write to me??

Smoking, my Fiance' is a cigarette smoker, I'm a non-smoker and we love eachother anyways. I believe, "Love comes first", and habits, bad or good, will continue, and be accepted, OR, become secondary to staying together.

Kimmie, south west Florida!!!!
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >