Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > can non-pot smokers handle pot smokers?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 dubfadda
Msg: 501
can non-pot smokers handle pot smokers?Page 21 of 77    (7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47)
gwarm girl.... you know what your on about asha
 Harry Peter
Msg: 502
can non-pot smokers handle pot smokers?
Posted: 2/16/2007 7:53:11 AM
If you are worried about what others think about your pot smoking, the pot isn't working in making you high apparently, but paranoid.

I freak out on pot. I'm already heady enough straight. Pot is like cranking the dial up to 22 with me. I go in and out of reality (feel like I am constantly waking up with in a dream). Then I get a headache and stomach.

I don't mind being around pot smokers though. So long as they don't bug me to go buy them something to eat. It's rude drunks that are a pain. Because there is only room for one, and that will be me.
 missouri-gypsy
Msg: 503
view profile
History
Posted: 2/16/2007 8:01:28 AM
I would rather be around people smoking pot than drinking. If you go to a party with pot smokers there are no fights, if they start people forget them cause of something else going on or there's food. Drinking parties someone always starts a fight and then there's problems.
Have not done it in a very long time and when I did it was real and you knew what was in it any more ya just got to watch what you are getting and that's why people are having more problems with it.
 missouri-gypsy
Msg: 504
view profile
History
Posted: 2/16/2007 8:03:48 AM
Also it depend's on the smoker, can they handle it without going over board? Do they have enough money to spend on it without taking it away from something that is needed (food, shelter, bills) And last are they ok on it or are they filping out?
 Woodstar
Msg: 505
Posted: 2/16/2007 8:21:46 AM
Okay...I did the speed read thing. This is an old thread, but obviously one frequently visited.

I'd like to clear up something that has been mentioned. Whether we (those who smoke pot) are being honest on our profiles. I used to have on my profile "yes" on the "do you do drugs" slot. One day, I realized I could not contact someone just to give a private "off topic" comment on a thread we were both on. So, I took that off my profile just long enough to communicate with her. While I still had the change on my profile I found a whole new group of people I could communicate with. So, I decided to keep it the way it is now.

I wrote in my profile that I am herb friendly. I am not a heavy smoker...once in awhile if the occassion feels right. I could go all month and not encounter or crave it. I also say in my profile that I do not want to associate with a "wake n bake"...thats the ones who have to have some the minute they fall out of bed until they go to sleep. No way. Thats a drug addict....same as an alcholic. NOT INTERESTED! This does not include those who honestly have medical issues. I have several friends who fit in that catagory. They'll pull out their pipe and I'll sip on my glass of wine and/or I'll take one or two puffs. They call me the "two hit wonder"...its all I need.

I am a grown up...I have a full time job...I am the superviser...I have a life...I'm not a sheep...I am a goat!
 manths
Msg: 506
Posted: 2/16/2007 8:42:09 AM
haha havent even read what everyone has put cuz am too lazy i blame the weed :D
toke toke toke :P
 Eyes O Blue
Msg: 507
Posted: 2/16/2007 8:46:16 AM
For me , it would depend on how often it was and whether or not it had negative effects on their personality and/or lifestyle. If it was recreational and had no ill effects, then why not ? I'm no prude !

EagleEric
Msg: 508
Posted: 2/16/2007 8:51:28 AM
No! Any kind of drugs beyond alcohol (in moderate amounts) and coffee, are deal breakers.

Eric
 PalpableTension
Msg: 509
Posted: 2/16/2007 9:08:18 AM
I find some of these comments very amusing in their blatant ignorance. The cowboy guy up top says he would never hang out with someone who smoked pot, I hear comments about being around ppl who use "mind altering drugs", and OMG this winner who talks about paying the bills or smoking pot. Too funny, that these ppl who so casually look down at these pot smokers have no problem going out and paying 30 dollars for a case of beer (which by the way, is made from a different drug, alcohol).

How many people are laying in the hospital hooked up to machines dying because organs are failing because they abuse alcohol? A LOT. Because of pot? None. Newsflash morons. Pot is cheaper than alcohol, FAR less dangerous, WAY WAY WAY less addictive, and all around nowhere near as harmful in any respect as booze. You people with your inane comments based on some ridiculous bias grounded in no fact at all need to get your heads checked.

There's no way you're going to be able to convince me that this guy hasn't had nights at the bar where he's spent 100 - 150 dollars on booze, yet its unacceptable that someone might pay 50 dollars for a quarter ounce of weed, which is usually going to last a hell of a lot longer than one night. (LOL just guessing at the price ;) )

The saddest thing for me to watch is when someone who is uninformed or has no idea what they're talking about prattle on and on making their point about how terrible other ppl are. So quick to condemn, hoping that the pretty girl will see how anti-drug they are and send them that message they have been waiting for so long (rolls eyes).

Anyways, thats just my two cents ;).

Edit: I was going to leave this eric guy above me out of it since he was just using his emphatic "No!" to actually answer the question rather than bash pot smokers BUT... then i checked out some of his posts and saw his last one said that any time you go to meet someone new you should have a few drinks before you go out and drive to meet them. He didn't say drive but I'm assuming most people don't take public transportation to their first dates, maybe I'm wrong. Well I think the fact that he says you have to have a few drinks before you do certain things pretty much means he doesn't know what he's talking about, since he has an addiction of his own ;)
 Woodstar
Msg: 510
Posted: 2/16/2007 10:24:28 AM

Oh PT...you made me laugh...

How come we have this little guy ....and not a pipe?...oh...its illegal.
 gypsywinds
Msg: 511
Posted: 2/16/2007 10:54:32 AM
I can appreciate the use of marijuana as an alternative to treating physical pain that can't be treated with less invasive medicine. But self-medicating as a way of avoiding the hard work of therapy to deal with your demons is ...well.. less than admirable.

And if you only use weed for camaraderie and entertainment ... it would seem your world is quite limited
 BearGal
Msg: 512
Posted: 2/16/2007 11:14:42 AM
I don't care what others do, drink smoke , whatever .. as long it's not an addiction. Also as long as they don't insist I partake and as long as it does not become a problem as in.. I am not having a good time because I'm not "high". Blech !!

Moderation!!! I am no angel, been there done that and I will say some people can go on forever drinking on occasion , smoking on occasion but I think many more end up with a daily habit, be it pot or drink. Some folks just have addictive personalitys. Only you can decide if you can handle it OP.

Is it a habit or a once in a while buzz?
 PalpableTension
Msg: 513
Posted: 2/16/2007 11:25:25 AM
Ok this one I'm not going to leave alone. If someone comes home from work and smokes some marijuana sometimes while relaxing before bed, how is that any different than the millions of users of this site that come home from work sometimes and have a few drinks with dinner, or after dinner etc.?

There is no difference.

Also, to imply that people smoke weed so that they can avoid "the hard work of therapy to deal with your demons" opens a can of worms that I don't even wanna get into except point out the obvious fact that I seriously doubt you can properly make that broad of a generalization as to assume every last pot smoker has these problems.

Marijuana is used recreationally for all the same reasons as alcohol; it's a depressant, relaxes us, helps us wind down. It unfortunately has a certain stigmatism attatched to it which I don't think it deserves because the side effects are much less harsher on the human body.

guess i need change on a nickle now ;)
 wowpow
Msg: 514
Posted: 2/16/2007 12:03:34 PM
Why 'women'?

I'm a woman. I smoked a little bit daily for years before realising it detracted from my life and positivity. I stopped 11 years ago and would never touch it again.
I've since found that dope smoking friends are no longer in my life. They obsess about keeping their supply. Bright eyed intelligent people turn into mumbling idiots within moments of having a toke. they can't remember your name, their own phone number or the thread of any conversation they may be engaged in.

then there's the paranoia, lung cancer and the smell.....

Not attractive.
 drg1301
Msg: 515
Posted: 2/16/2007 12:13:34 PM

Bright eyed intelligent people turn into mumbling idiots

Sounds like the effects of alcohol as well yet you drink socially.
 devilslilangel
Msg: 516
Posted: 2/16/2007 12:14:43 PM
I myself almost never smoke pot. I did alot of it back in my earlier days, but have settled down quite a bit. When it comes to dating a guy, I would prefer a guy similar to myself. I have dated drug addicts in the past and all it did was ruin the relationship. The relationship between us centered around the drugs and I'm not having that anymore. But of a guy smokes a bowl or a joint at the end of the night before bed it doesn't bother me. But not around my kid!!! I'm a mother first and foremost.
 Harry Peter
Msg: 517
Posted: 2/16/2007 4:21:22 PM
Remember grasshoppas, er, grass smokers, Nancy Reagan wants us to just say no to drugs. Hmm. She ever say not to hang out with druggies? Don't recall. I heart goodie goodies. Ouch. My nose just broke my monitor.

A lot of people here would love the comedian Bill Hicks. He did a lot on pot versus alcohol etc. He's dead btw. Not drug related either. Even though he did some. I might post some funny quotes later.
 Woodstar
Msg: 518
Posted: 2/16/2007 6:30:28 PM
Gypsy...Me and My Demons are just fine thank you very much.

How are yours???

To bad "people like me" get judged by "people like you" and "those other people". Its really to bad because, we're cool about the whole affair. We are fairly well adjusted people without addictive personalities. We're not prudes. We can say "no"...or we can say "why, I'd love to!" And feel good about it either way.

The prudes judge us for partaking and the druggies and alcky's judge us for having a life.

....not.

quadmom
Msg: 519
view profile
History
Posted: 2/16/2007 6:51:41 PM
You have to realize this is not about smoker vs. non smoker. Its about what someone believes to be right and wrong. If someone who doesnt' smoke doith esn't mind dating someone who does, its because they don't think there is anything wrong with it.

Folks who are against it, generally won't date pot smokers.

I gave it up years ago, but under the right circumstances...(ie, with my man on a night we just wanna go nuts TOGETHER)hahahaha C'mon y'all, its from the earth! Haven't done it in years, but wouldn't have a problem with it in other words. I can take it or leave it, obviously. Thats the type of smokers that I can deal with being around. No "wake and bakers". Huh uh. ITA with Woodstar.

For the posters who spout off about how it lowers sperm count, kills brain cells yada yada yada..read ANY study. That is PROLONGED and HEAVY use. I don't think thats what we're talking about here. Everyone who has said they WOULD date a smoker has stated clearly that they would only date someone who smokes occasionally or in moderation.

My ex was Bob Marley's long lost white brother, and he fathered 7 kids so far. So give me a break on the sperm count thing. Do you even know how many sperm a man produces in one cycle? Most can stand to lose a few. Bahahahaha! ok ok, kidding, damn.

In other words, I don't care as long as the person isn't an idiot about it.
 Woodstar
Msg: 520
Posted: 2/16/2007 7:41:04 PM
Thanks for the backup Quadmom. Thought I'd pop in for a private hello but I am to old to talk to you. To bad. I'm always lookin for a possible daughter in law...don't tell my son I said that
 gypsywinds
Msg: 521
Posted: 2/16/2007 9:47:20 PM
If someone comes home from work and smokes some marijuana sometimes while relaxing before bed, how is that any different than the millions of users of this site that come home from work sometimes and have a few drinks with dinner, or after dinner etc.?

obviously a key difference is that booze is legal and pot is not. but in terms of how it is used...i.e. to unwind- not much different. both are chemical solutions to relieve tension/ induce relaxation.

sure, in a perfect world we'd be happy all the time. but, we all know what kind of world this is. part of growing up is learning to deal with troublesome stuff. the easy way out is lighting up or pouring a drink. the hard way is navel-gazing and making changes. defensive declarations like "my life is just peachy" or "my demons are fine" don't getcha anywhere.

people keep saying that they like it because it makes them mellow or gives them a buzz. but there are thousands of other ways to get similar effects without introducing chemicals into the body. you can get a buzz or tension-relieving effects from a good massage, fantastic sex (even mediocre sex), a loving partner, spending time with a child, working out, playing with a pet, reading, working on a car... whatever. I honestly think that just working on stuff and seeking out reality-based tension relievers vs artificial ones are healthier for us.

and by the way... I'm involved with a man who partakes in both. vive la difference.
 RobLovesTo...
Msg: 522
Posted: 2/17/2007 4:58:33 AM
I am definately ok with pot smokers.......was one myself for many years. My son and I used to embibe together, before he got into corporate and stopped! But I'm not about to change the setting on my profile, there are enough people out there looking for a way in, that do not need to be encouraged. If I get to know someone, and it is asked , I will always be honest, but at the level that most people communicate here, I don't feel it is necessary. Girls, change your setting to allow others to communicate with you, it would be fun to have some female cyber friends!
 quadmom
Msg: 523
view profile
History
Posted: 2/17/2007 5:16:31 AM
So now anyone who lights up a joint every now and then can't deal with life?

You're pigeon holing again. I'm an adult. I've been working, paying my bills and taking care of me and mine for YEARS. Its crazy to imply that EVERY person to ever get high is escaping life.

If thats the case, then every Friday night the bars are full of folks that can't deal with life.

Woodstar, did you try messaging me? Dammit, I need to change my settings. Sorry 'bout that dear.
 PalpableTension
Msg: 524
Posted: 2/17/2007 11:26:06 AM
Either I'm very confused or every time you post it is a different person. You said:

"But self-medicating as a way of avoiding the hard work of therapy to deal with your demons is ...well.. less than admirable."

And if you only use weed for camaraderie and entertainment ... it would seem your world is quite limited."

Why then, are you involved with a man who is "less than admirable" and who's "world is quite limited?"

Methinks that being preachy and judging others is your marijuana. It seems to be what you use to help battle your demons.

You are so vehement about not dating a pot smoker that you dedicated almost an entire paragraph of your profile explaining that one should not even contact you, much less date you. You have explained about how pot smokers are basically people with so many problems that the only way they can cope is to become drug addicts.

Then you say you are dating one. Either this is just an elaborate joke, or you're a liar.

I do not think there is anything wrong with not dating someone who is a pot smoker. It is a lifestyle that some people choose not to be around, and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that. I myself could never date a heavy drinker.

There is, however, something wrong with judging other people because their lifestyles are different from your own, especially when that lifestyle is not a particularly harmful one.

I realize that people are probably sick of hearing me talk about this, and this will be my last post on the subject. It was that last sentence of yours which made my jaw drop. It contradicted everything you previously posted in this forum and therefore made no sense.

p.s. you might want to add the fact that you are "involved" with an alcoholic drug addict to your profile, rather than making it look like you are single.
 edwardo66
Msg: 525
Posted: 2/17/2007 2:54:43 PM
The way i look at it is that if you dont like it then dont be around it.I'm 420 friendly so if you dont like it then dont contact me.that simple.It even says on my profile i'm 420 friendly so i dont hide it so no one can say they didnt know.I try not to judge what others do,each to there own eh.its just an individual decision that everyone has to make,thats all. So keep on tokin
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > can non-pot smokers handle pot smokers?