Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 mfh2112
Msg: 648
can non-pot smokers handle pot smokers?Page 21 of 77    (7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47)
"Where that freedom ends is when it infringes on another's rights. As an example, you absolutely have the right to drink yourself to death (and rightly so!), but you don't have the right to endanger someone else by driving while drunk (or stoned,) or show up to work drunk (or stoned,) or to sell alcohol (or weed) to kids. I fail to see how advocating for personal choice is akin to "lemming logic." In fact, isn't that

You really have smoked a lot of dope haven't you. I don't think I can dumb it down any further without breaking out the finger puppets and etch-a-sketch.
If you really believe that legalizing or decriminalizing cannabis will enhance and enrich the fabric of our society then fly off to Amsterdam with whatsername and see what a jewel of European culture it has become. Or better just move to Jamaica where it has been legal for decades and bask in the warm glow of one of the highest drug related mortality rates in the world.

Claiming that you have the right to poison yourself as a matter of personnal choice is not "the antithesis of lemming logic?" " it is lemming logic.
 edwardo66
Msg: 649
can non-pot smokers handle pot smokers?
Posted: 4/5/2007 7:42:20 PM
Oh gimme a break! I live in B.C. where we have the best pot in the world and lots of it and we are quite lax in our attitude of it and I dont see our social fabric breaking down. In fact our economy is booming and everything is good here.What screws up people on drugs is the stuff imported through the good ole U.S.A like the blow and stuff that does the damage,not our pot.So before you make comparisons like that you might want to think twice.Have a toke,it might help you
 mfh2112
Msg: 650
Posted: 4/5/2007 8:15:10 PM
Buddy you are too far gone. The BC economy has been in the craphouse since the NDP ran it into the ground. I'm sure you don't see it because you're stoned and most likely middleclass. Are there no drug wars in BC? No one has ever been killed during a bad drug deal? Didn't the RCMP just pay a visit to the Hell's Angels?
Drug addicts are always extolling the virtues of their drug. Its a portal to some other worldly experience where the user has gained Herculean powers and the insight of an Oracle. If only he could share this profound revelation with the common man there could be peace...a lasting peace...in our time for all time.
Brother I have heard it a million times if I have heard it once.
You're as bad as pedofiles who try to rationalize child abuse as love.
Are you going to try to tell me that there are no victims within the drug culture? The drug life is a bullet wound sold as a kiss but go ahead buy/sell/trade/smoke your stuff 'cause sooner or later you'll get busted.

This is your a$$hole *
This is your a$$hole in jail ()

Have a nice day......
 edwardo66
Msg: 652
Posted: 4/5/2007 8:48:41 PM
Where you been buddy?B.C. has the second best economy in canada right now behind alberta but I wouldnt expect somebody from ontario to know that as you guys think you are the center of the universe,especially you in toronto.As for ***holes toronto is the ***hole of canada because its spewing out the most bullshit.At least we got good dope,and yur just a ****in dope.Stay on yur side of the ****in rockies!
 edwardo66
Msg: 653
Posted: 4/5/2007 8:54:24 PM
Oh ya,The RCMP did pay a visit to the hells angels,In yur city I might add,not here.And people dont go to jail here for pot possession as they go after the real crooks.Maybe thats why the angels got big in yur city,too busy busting people for pot when they shoulda been after the real crooks.So before you go bashing my province maybe you should look in your own back yard,the a$$hole of canada.And one other thing,dont you ever compare me to a pedophile you f*cking piece of sh*t.
 Pipnty
Msg: 654
Posted: 4/5/2007 9:05:32 PM
this is a hard one.

i have dated people in the past who smoked dope and it made life hard as they were unpredictable, and moddy and we ended up broke all the time as a result, which caused some major problems.

i think there comes a time in every body's life sometimes 30 sometimes 50 everyone is different where smokers realise they don't want to smoke anymore, i know a few people who have done this and they know their life is so much better for it. i try not to get involved with people who smoke these days as i got the my stage in life where i was over the shit it bought on and have had a few close friends end up extremely parannoyed and/or scizofrinic (can't spell that on sorry) which is scarey to see and trust me it doesn't happen.

however my best mate smokes occassionally with other mates that i know through him and thats cool it is their choice but they know to stay clear of my kids when on it as i will not have anyone around my children who do it.

what is more important, being high with no cares, or having someone to be with and the possibility of a family on day if you have thoughts about that.

in the end if you choice the drugs you could very well lose out and end up with nothing but a bong in your hand
 Blondy666
Msg: 655
Posted: 4/5/2007 9:11:42 PM
i had 2 bowls for breakfast...one was cereal
 mfh2112
Msg: 656
Posted: 4/5/2007 9:36:19 PM
Getting a little sensitive Eddie?
Funny how the newspapers seem to confirm police raiding Hell's Angels clubhouses in Vancouver and Kelowna. They are still a part of BC aren't they? Or did you sell them for drugs?
Its ok Eddie the adults will take care of everything.
Go blow yourself a big fatty and flip on the playstation...all will be well again.
 SaintElsewhere
Msg: 658
view profile
History
Posted: 4/6/2007 2:23:21 AM
I don't believe that drugs are a portal to some mystical plane, or a magical medicine or any other kind of hippy BS. I do believe in individual rights. The government is not my parent, and neither are you. People have the right to **** up their lives in any variety of ways, whether that includes drugs or not is irrelevant. And yes, there is a huge difference between marijuana and shit like crystal meth. Lumping the two together is ignorant and does more harm than good. Conservatives make a huge deal about individual rights, but when it comes right down to it they only support one kind of freedom, their kind of freedom, which isn't much of a freedom at all now is it?
 edwardo66
Msg: 660
Posted: 4/6/2007 5:51:34 AM
Well MFH, Ya I do get a little sensetive when idiots like you make comments like you do like you did in yur previous post there comparing pot smokers to pedophiles.As for the adults taking care of everything well you've a bang up job so far havent you?Last time I looked the world looked pretty f#cked up.Its no wonder we smoke lots of it out here,we got to deal with eastern canada all the time shafting us .So ya,I'm gonna roll a big phattie and go play my playstation while I laugh at people like you scurrying around in the rat race.Have fun in yur scurrying around and go crawl back in yur rat hole afterwards.....
 msusnicknel
Msg: 661
view profile
History
Posted: 4/6/2007 6:09:00 AM

Ladies and gentleman...We have a winner! And the award for the most ignorant statement made in the past 20 years goes to....

You're [pot smokers]as bad as pedofiles who try to rationalize child abuse as love

Congratulations!!!! For espousing such ridiculousness, you'll receive an all expenses paid trip to backwards land, where these kinds of statements actually make sense!

Just wow...

And I'd argue that the "victims" you refer to are actually victims of the anti-drug policies, not marijuana itself. They are the people whose are forced to deal with thugs and gangsters to get their weed. Were pot legal, these dangers would largely be alleviated. How many people are injured or killed walking into 7-11 to get their alcohol, tobacco, energy drinks, etc... ? How would weed be any different? See American prohibition to see how this works. You make a substance that people love illegal. People don't stop doing it. They just turn to an alternative (and criminal) element to fill that need. Once you hand over the market to criminals, you can't be surprised when crime results.

I'll be impressed if you can point out to me the dangers inherent in marijuana itself once the ridiculous prohibitionist policies are removed. Anyone? Anyone? Beuhler?

This guy's gotta just be a flamer. I can't believe that someone this angry and ignorant actually exists. Oh wait, thats right, they're called hardcore right wingers

i had 2 bowls for breakfast...one was cereal

I think I'm in love!
 SUBLIME1970
Msg: 662
Posted: 4/6/2007 6:30:35 AM
It helps if they've shared a fresh baked pan of brownies
 mfh2112
Msg: 663
Posted: 4/6/2007 8:20:07 AM
You've all just really proved my point.

You engage in an activity that undermines the health and safety of your communities. To say that that would all go away if you legalized it is ridiculous. Again look at Amsterdam and Jamaica.
If there is medicinal value in pot; extract it and sell it like aspirin.
Hemp was used in the ancient world to make ropes and fabrics etc.
I stated that the logic pedophiles use to justify their actions is the same logic drug users use to justify their drug use.
Am I angry...? I'm not angry at all. You need only review the posts to see who is angry.
Doing drugs, drinking booze. These things impair your judgement and therefore none of you can really be objective on the subject.
 msusnicknel
Msg: 664
view profile
History
Posted: 4/6/2007 9:07:30 AM

Doing drugs, drinking booze. These things impair your judgement and therefore none of you can really be objective on the subject

Umm....nowhere in any of my posts on this subject do I say that I am a pot smoker. Check my profile. I don't even drink (unlike you.) So by your logic (drinking and smoking impairs your judgement, therefore, the arguments of those who do partake are bunk...) my argument is really more valid than yours.

You're using the same old trick politicians (especially republicans) have used for years. If you can't win an argument, attack the arguer. Unfortunately, in this day and age rhetoric and personal attacks seem to garner more attention than logic and fact based positions.

I am "curious" as to what this terrible fallout from legalized pot is in Jamaica and Amsterdam? Again, what are the inherent dangers of pot that undermine the health and safety of communities? If it were to be decriminalized and regulated similarly to alcohol and/or tobacco, what is the danger?

My opinion is that government oversteps its boundaries when it is protecting me from myself. I feel the same way about seat belt laws and mandatory helmet laws for bikers.

The legitimate difference (if you even care) between pedophilia and pot smoking is that the victims of pedophilia don't have a choice. They are victimized by someone else. Smoking (or not smoking) pot is a personal decision. I don't think anyone here is advocating FORCING people to smoke (or even allowing minors to toke.) Almost all (with a few exceptions, as is the case with anything) who advocate decriminalization or legalization support the responsible use of substances by adults. Not only is it not in the same ballpark as pedophilia, its not even on the same planet.

I guess it really is true. Its easier to pass judgement on others than to take a honest look in the mirror. Easier to spout slogans than think for yourself. Me, I'll just shake my head in wonderment and go about my business.
 mfh2112
Msg: 665
Posted: 4/6/2007 9:31:38 AM
I've done my best to explain my position.

I'm neither conservative nor liberal. My vote goes to whatever is in the best interest of my community, my city, my province and my country.
As for your "right to choose" stance. You already have that right. You can choose to do drugs so long as you accept the ramifications that come along with it. Unles you're really advocating choice without responsibility.

Hmmm...exactly what slogans have I been spouting?
 msusnicknel
Msg: 666
view profile
History
Posted: 4/6/2007 9:58:54 AM

"As for your "right to choose" stance. You already have that right. You can choose to do drugs so long as you accept the ramifications that come along with it.

-And African Americans until the 1960'shad the "right to chose" to enter "whites only" establishments, as long as they were willing to accept the ramifications (being beaten, arrested, or even killed.)
-And those kids at Kent State had the "right to chose" to protest, as long as they were willing to accept the ramifications (being shot)
-And until Roe V Wade, women in the U.S. had the "right to chose" to have an abortion as long as they were willing to accept the ramifications (seeing a dangerous, unlicensed "doctor" with a coat hanger in a dark alley)
-And homosexuals in Texas have the "right to chose" to be gay as long as they are willing to accept the ramifications (that they may end being dragged to death behind a pick-up truck.)
-And Native Americans had the "right to chose" to not be placed on reservations as long as they were willing to accept the ramifications.
-Eurpoean Jews had the "right to chose" to not flee during WWII, as long as...

I'm not comparing the legalization movement to an of these examples. I'm just using the examnples to illustrate a key point. There is a HUGE difference between true freedom of choice and the illusion of freedom of choice you point to.

It is fundamentally a politcal question. I've never once advocated in any of my posts breaking the law if you aren't prepared to face the consequences. I've advocated changing the laws, because the laws surrounding this issue are nonsensical and criminalize and victimize a large portion of the population without cause. I've said it before, blind adherence to nonsensical laws is a primary step on the road to fascism. If you're comfortable with that, I feel sorry for you (but, that is your choice.) Enjoy your Orwellian 1984-esque society. You won't see me there, though.

mfh2112
Msg: 667
Posted: 4/6/2007 10:19:53 AM
"I'm not comparing the legalization movement to an of these examples."

But you just did. Whatever credibility you might have had has just gone out the window.
Drug legalization is not a political question. Its a social question. Dopers and their kindred spirits make it a political question because thats the only place they can formulate an argument. What benefit does society get from legalizing dope?
That's the only question that needs to be asked.
 msusnicknel
Msg: 669
view profile
History
Posted: 4/6/2007 10:51:45 AM

What benefit does society get from legalizing dope?

-How about freeing up the billions of dollars spent on enforcing anti-marijuana policies that don't work anyway? (Hey, here's an idea, maybe we could use that same money to pay for treatment programs for people who are addicted to drugs. After all addiction is a health condition, not a question of criminality.)
-How about keeping people and communities safer by not funneling productive, tax-paying members of society to the criminal element to get weed?
-How about putting a system in place whereby the substance is regulated similar to alcohol? It would help keep it out of kids' hands. As it stands right now, kids can get weed more easily than they can get alcohol...
-How about providing AIDS and cancer patients with a substance that will help alleviate their suffering with minimal side effects (especially when compared to currently "approved" drugs?)
-How about creating a stable tax base and cash crop to stimulate the economy?
-How about crippling the international drug cartels and banana republic governments that currently make their bread-and-butter of from weed distribution? (still the number 1 cash crop in the world, far more money trades hands from illegal weed sales than cocaine, heroin and pills combined.)
-How about not stigmatizing and persecuting a large segment of the population who are otherwise law abiding, tax paying, productive citizens for an offense that affects no one but themselves?

There's just a few quick examples right off the top of my head. Perhaps you should answer a similar question, what benefits does society gain by criminalizing it? (aside from creating a booming black market, feeding organized crime, and giving big brother another excuse to keep tabs on you.)

You are right, though, and I was wrong about one thing. This isn't fundamentally a political question. The OP wanted to know if non-pot smokers could handle pot smokers.

Yes, I've seen it work. I've also seen it not work. Just like anything else in a relationship, it depends on the people involved and whether or not they are willing to work on the relationship. Just like drinkers/non-drinkers, speeders/non-speeders, spenders/savers, etc etc etc
 jetfixer
Msg: 670
Posted: 4/6/2007 11:02:53 AM
Ah yes, the continual judgement of non-pot users by pot heads. Some how in your smoke haze of reasoning I must be up tight and a freek if I have never smoked pot. Here I was thinking it's because I don't want to suffer the effects of inhaling smoke, using an illegal substance, imparing my judgement or giving into the pot culture sheep mentality of "just try it man." The constant jokes refrencing pot, that people like me don't get because we don't smoke weed, must mean we have something wrong with us.? I expect many 'educated' pot heads will chip in their two cents and quote studies and such, with refrences to alchol being worse. In the end it's the same as smoking to me, and it's illegal. Yes, I agree alchol is just as detrimental, but it's legal so live with it. I personally would not date an active pot smoker, but I have dated many women who have used it in the past.

To all the tokers out there: stop being a$$holes to those of us that don't smoke or ever have and make fun of us because of it. All it does is make me tell my member of parliament that pot should stay illegal = your cause of legalizing it impossible.
 mfh2112
Msg: 671
Posted: 4/6/2007 11:11:36 AM
Nice segway back to the OP.
You've raised some good points. Is there a thread somewhere more on this topic? We could move the discussion there. We've kinda hijacked the forum from the OP.

Sorry folks.
 Mominatrix
Msg: 673
view profile
History
Posted: 4/6/2007 12:11:03 PM
I have no desire to be with someone who feels it necessary to alter their reality on a regular basis. I do not care how they do it.

I was married to a pot smoker. Never again.
 edwardo66
Msg: 674
Posted: 4/6/2007 4:06:27 PM
And yet yur profile says you drink socially. Whats the difference then between you and someone who tokes socially then? Alcohol also alters reality,doesnt it?
 eb3267
Msg: 675
Posted: 4/6/2007 4:08:59 PM
LMAO

Umm I broke up with a pot smoker.. well that's not actually true.. He's a POT HEAD !!
No I don't smoke those.. Not any more.. been there, done that, about 20 years ago...

He was too dam funny though.. and a realy sweet guy.. Hell we still talk, he's a crack up !!
 edwardo66
Msg: 676
Posted: 4/6/2007 4:29:47 PM
As for the original thread on this, Can non pot smokers handle pot smokers, iseem to be the opposite.I have a harder time with non pot smokers than pot smokers. Guess there is truth to that saying birds of feather will flock together Oh well,watta you do.............lol
 drg1301
Msg: 677
Posted: 4/6/2007 6:30:11 PM
I find the occasional pot smoker to be more outgoing. laid back, and less judgmental then someone who is a occasional drinker.
They are also likely to have a greater appreciation of people.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >