Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 sugar_n_ spice
Msg: 679
can non-pot smokers handle pot smokers?Page 22 of 77    (8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48)
no, i would not ever. Im totaly not on the same wave as any pot smoker.
Deal Breaker for me!!!
But hey, if you want a pot smoker and you are not a pot smoker. ... knock yourself out!!
 mfh2112
Msg: 681
can non-pot smokers handle pot smokers?
Posted: 4/6/2007 7:38:16 PM
Don't waste your time with Eddie.....he's got a temper.
 edwardo66
Msg: 682
Posted: 4/6/2007 7:53:55 PM
Ya i got one with peices of work like you MFH.As for the previous comment I never said I didnt like drinkers as I am one myself.All I meant was that she shouldnt judge people who use mood altering substances when she uses one herself,thats all.And as for you MFH,calling people pedophiles has gotten some people badly injured or worse,you might want to choose your words more carefully,I'm sure there is alot of pot smokers in Toronto who might take offense to a comment like that and your not too bright posting them where everyone can see along with your pic.You musta been on some really bad drugs when you wrote thatand if anybody is wondering where that comment is then go look at comment #667 and see for yourself
 edwardo66
Msg: 684
Posted: 4/6/2007 8:09:42 PM
It is there in my profile.It says i'm 420 friendly and always looking for smoking partners.If you are refering to the do you use drugs question,in B.C.,smoking pot dont qualify for a yes on that part as it is very acceptable out here but it is in the other part of my profile for all to see as plain as day. Thing are different in alberta as I lived in Medicine Hat for a bit and I couldnt beleive how paranoid pot users were about getting caught for simple possesion,we dont worry about that out here. I hope that answers your question.
 JIMuutq
Msg: 685
Posted: 4/6/2007 8:13:45 PM
I have been on both sides of the fence. And to your question NO, a stoner and a non-stoner are just not on the same plane. Your view on life in general is just completely different.

mfh2112
Msg: 686
Posted: 4/6/2007 8:15:37 PM
Your mouth shouldn't write cheques your a$$ can't cash.

Go back and reread my post. I said their logic is the same. Thats it. Maybe that's just too advanced for you.
You're just a broken record Eddie. Everytime someone posts a anti-pot comment you jump right in with "you shouldn't judge people..."
But thats just how we navigate through the minefield by judging right from wrong, good from bad.
 drg1301
Msg: 687
Posted: 4/6/2007 8:15:59 PM
Your view on life in general is just completely different.

How so? I don't smoke pot or drink. I would rather be with a occasional pot smoker then a occasional drinker.

Edit- No the logic between a pedophile and a pot smoker is not the same.
 pujakama
Msg: 689
Posted: 4/6/2007 8:19:15 PM

I have been on both sides of the fence. And to your question NO, a stoner and a non-stoner are just not on the same plane. Your view on life in general is just completely different.

My happy 6 year marriage to a non-smoker proves you wrong.
 mfh2112
Msg: 690
Posted: 4/6/2007 8:21:34 PM
Eddie doesn't realize that drug laws are federally regulated not provincially. The Coppers turn a blind eye because they don't have the resources to arrest everybody. Just because he hasn't been caught yet doesn't mean he won't.
 JIMuutq
Msg: 691
Posted: 4/6/2007 8:24:26 PM
I'm talking about smoking daily, If you do not smoke you will get frustrated dating someone that does.

O by the way I have never gottin high and wanted to do a kid.
 edwardo66
Msg: 692
Posted: 4/6/2007 8:24:49 PM
Well Mfh,I did go back and read it and it said on post #667 that i was as bad as a pedophile,how plain is that.Try and explain it away all you want.And as for the check cashing part I never said it would be me did I? Your the one who wrote that pot smokers were like pedophiles,not me.Good luck getting outta that one.And to saasyaquarius,its got nothing to do with a war between the provinces,just a different attitude towards something that exists in different areas.Happens all over the world on all sorts of stuff.Oh and to answer mfh comment on how i havent been caught well actually i have with $40 bucks worth but the cop gave it back and sent me off with a warning,imagine that,so much for your theory about the enforcement being universal across the country.People rarely go to jail here for possesion,not like in other parts.Even the growers have a avereage sentence here of just 30 days with many never seeing a cell at all.and oh ya,gotta make a correction,that comment is #677.
 JIMuutq
Msg: 693
Posted: 4/6/2007 8:29:05 PM
You must have a vary cool mate.

Did they ever smoke?

In order to maintain the highest quality forums you are restricted to having no more then 2 of the last 10 posts on a thread.

Since 2 of the last 10 posts are yours you can not post to this thread.

What the hell
 pujakama
Msg: 694
Posted: 4/6/2007 8:29:39 PM

I'm talking about smoking daily, If you do not smoke you will get frustrated dating someone that does.

I smoke daily, I am also still happily married for the last 6 years. You are still wrong.

You must have a vary cool mate.

Of corse I do. It would be the height of stupidity (or desperation) to marry someone who wasnt very cool.

Since you made a "you must" about me, ill make one about you. You must be making your assumptions on a relationship that went bad. It is a mistake to think that all situations will in any way mimic your own.
 JIMuutq
Msg: 695
Posted: 4/6/2007 8:34:21 PM
I am just saying that the person you are married to is cool with it.

Most are not. If they have never smoked then they have a tendency to freakout when you lite up.

I guess what I am saying is if you smoke and you meat up with someone who has never, they have a problem with it.

At least that is my experience with it.
 edwardo66
Msg: 697
Posted: 4/6/2007 8:35:22 PM
Right on pujakama,thats very cool.Keep on tokinNo he said pot smokers were like pedophiles comment #677 go look for yourself
 JIMuutq
Msg: 698
Posted: 4/6/2007 8:40:00 PM
Well, being more of a tweaker then a stoner most of my stoner friends get on my nerves.

I'll just leave it at that.

In order to maintain the highest quality forums you are restricted to having no more then 2 of the last 10 posts on a thread.

Since 2 of the last 10 posts are yours you can not post to this thread.

I hate this.
 drg1301
Msg: 700
Posted: 4/6/2007 8:53:32 PM
No it is rather tellling in that a person has to use a analogy such as that to try to make a non existant point. I have never heard of a pedophile that claimed that it doesn't hurt anyone.
He just wanted to use a hot button.
 edwardo66
Msg: 701
Posted: 4/6/2007 8:55:05 PM
Pedophiles are the lowest scum there is and to even be put in the same group as them and to be compared with them ,in my books,is the same thing. Its one of the worst insults that exists and you say I'm taking it outta context?How would you like to be compared to them or be put in the same group as them?I bet you would be pissed too and if you werent,sassyaquarius,then I would have to say there is something wrong then.And thanks for reposting comment#677 for all to see.And as for the comment below then read my comment here,its an insult of the lowest form even to be put in the same group with them.What dont you get about that?And it was a good party my friends threw too,its too bad you got no friends....lmfao and this is for the comment two sections below. I would ask you if youve never been insulted by someone you didnt agree with.And if you said no then I would have serious doubts about that.
 mfh2112
Msg: 702
Posted: 4/6/2007 8:56:59 PM
Here is what I said....

"You're as bad as pedofiles (pedophiles) who try to rationalize child abuse as love."

Thats the exact quote. I did not say that pedophiles were potheads or potheads were pedophiles. I said that the mechanism that is used to justify the logic of their actions is the same and equally as bad.

I'm sure Eddie hasn't had this much attention since his invisible friends threw him that surprise party....
 johnglc
Msg: 704
Posted: 4/6/2007 9:05:32 PM
I CAN'T handle it ........just the smell of it bothers me.
 pujakama
Msg: 705
Posted: 4/6/2007 9:10:58 PM

How exactly can ANYONE be wrong on this thread?

You become wrong when you chose to make generalisations about other people rather than speaking on just your own experiences. (I am not saying you have done this, but others have) When deciding for yourself, you can not be wrong. When deciding how it works for other people, you have very little chance of being right at all.

he said pot smokers were like pedophiles comment #677 go look for yourself

Actually he didnt. He said your attempts to justify your habit to others is like pedophiles trying to justify their own habits.... not exactly calling smokers pedophiles. Being that they actually have nothing in common, he must have pedophilia floating around in his head somewhere for it to have to come out like that.

Really, I would be more worried about his erroneous assumption that drugs make violence. They dont, the black market for drugs creates the violence... in other words dullards like him voting for people who maintain the illegal status of drugs is what maintains the violence. If drugs were the source of violence themselves, then all that mobster violence centered on booze would have kept going on when prohibition ended...but the booze related gang battles dropped off.

Focus on the arguments that matter, and not get caught up in his appeal to emotion by throwing "pedophile" into his argument.
 JIMuutq
Msg: 706
Posted: 4/6/2007 9:11:33 PM
"You're as bad as pedofiles (pedophiles) who try to rationalize child abuse as love."

What the hell does that mean?

So if your addicted to fast food or gambling (which hurts no one but yourself), you are the same as a child molester?
 mfh2112
Msg: 707
Posted: 4/6/2007 9:19:56 PM
drg1301...the analogy is sound; your inability to understand it is defect. Check out NAMBLA.
 JIMuutq
Msg: 708
Posted: 4/6/2007 9:25:36 PM
Self gratification / Self distruction.

Young Boys / drugs.

I like to do young boys = self gratification.
I like to get high = self distrution.

Still do not get the point you are trying to make.
 drg1301
Msg: 709
Posted: 4/6/2007 9:28:17 PM
No the analogy is not sound.
What you did was to attempt to use the worst case scenario that you could think of in a attempt to legitamize your arguement.

I wonder what you would say to someone who used the same analogy to justify not being with someone who drinks.

Simple fact of the matter is you don't agree with people having a choice in use of pot.
If you don't wish to be with someone who uses pot that is fine. Other people have made and will continue to make choices different then yours.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >