Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > can non-pot smokers handle pot smokers?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 drg1301
Msg: 526
can non-pot smokers handle pot smokers?Page 22 of 77    (8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48)
You know I went through this entire post checking the profiles of posters who are still active and refuse to have anything to do with pot smokers. In all but just a few cases Those posters drink socially or 2-3 times a week with a few that even admit to regular. Yet the vast majority have stated killing brain cells the health hazards and even a few cases of spousal abuse( get real that wasn't the pot that was just the idiot you was with. All in all a pretty good bunch of everyday hypocrites.

There was a few cases of work related urine testing and health issues and those are understandable but at least these weren't hypocritical.
 edwardo66
Msg: 527
can non-pot smokers handle pot smokers?
Posted: 2/17/2007 8:04:09 PM
Right f**kin on.At least someone centered out all those hypocrites.Good job buddy!
 gypsywinds
Msg: 528
Posted: 2/18/2007 4:03:57 PM
Actually, PalpTension.... if you are going to quote- please get it right. I said that self-medicating to avoid the hard work of therapy is less than admirable. The distinction is ... people can be admirable, but still have behaviours and habits that are less so.

I do not think there is anything wrong with not dating someone who is a pot smoker. It is a lifestyle that some people choose not to be around, and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that. I myself could never date a heavy drinker.... There is, however, something wrong with judging other people because their lifestyles are different from your own, especially when that lifestyle is not a particularly harmful one.

To give you the benefit of the doubt...you may not have meant exactly what you said in the quote above. But if you did, is it not contradictory? You feel its wrong to judge others based on a difference in lifestyle, but you don't think its judgemental to say that you'd never date someone who's lifestyle involves heavy drinking?

I'd say that the choice to be with someone who has some habits that one might not admire is an clear indication of the ability to suspend judgement. And I don't agree with your conclusion that "partakes" equals "alcoholic drug addict", by the way.

Maybe others are sick of hearing you on the subject... but I find your POV worthwhile. Just wish ya weren't so defensive about it all.
 missouri-gypsy
Msg: 529
view profile
History
Posted: 2/19/2007 11:11:29 AM
Hay there I seen Gypsy, I did not put down smokers, I did but I don't is all I said.
Also said I would rather be around smokers than drinkers
 all in 1
Msg: 530
Posted: 2/19/2007 11:16:23 AM
I am not against someone who uses it,
but I would ultimatly prefer "no drug use" in my relationships
 Gotmail?
Msg: 531
Posted: 2/19/2007 11:29:03 AM
WELL.........EXTREME SITUATION, BUT TRUE.

A young girl(24) I know fell for a guy who not only smoked, but sold pot. She knew it, but was never around/involved during any transactions. He got busted for selling. She fell in love with him/writes to him in prison. She cannot hear reason that she needs to move on. No, I am not saying he will not be a worthwhile person, but she is not in a really good financial spot and agood choice for a partner would be a man that is going to be able to take care of her, not the other way around. This man had 2 young children, and for him not realize the seriousness of his actions shows both stupidity and irresponsible behavior.

So..........................

To smoke or not smoke..... consider the legalities as well. They gotta buy it to smoke it, and it IS illegal.
 DriveInFan
Msg: 532
view profile
History
Posted: 2/19/2007 11:44:53 AM
I would never date a pot smoker....the simple reason is that it's against the law. I've got friends that are cops, and I would have a righteous ass kicking due to me if I was out with a pot smoker and go pulled over the cops found out she was holding.

I'm not trying to debate on whether or not it SHOULD be against the law, but the simple fact is that it IS against the law, and because of that, I don't want to be around it, or be socially linked to people who do it, and I sure as HELL don't want it in my car or my home.
 Coastergal
Msg: 533
view profile
History
Posted: 2/19/2007 11:50:19 AM
I don't really want to date someone that smokes pot all the time.

I had a roommate that used to try to get me high all the time..... she thought I was so funny when I drank... she wanted to see me high.

I've never smoked pot and I don't care if others do that's their thing.. I'd just prefer not to be around it.
 raleigh
Msg: 534
Posted: 2/27/2007 11:13:38 PM
NADA iii -

Raleigh is totally with you. The people that say they would not lower themselves to even talk to someone who smokes pot - are uptight - inhibited - ignorant of the facts - snobbish - boors. Did I cover everybody?

Smoke'em if you got'em !

I, personally, would talk to, and yes, even be friends with, date, and have short-term/long term relationships possibly with intimate encounters.

Raleigh...
 Suelynnslovecafe
Msg: 535
Posted: 2/28/2007 12:27:29 AM
I prefer a partner who doesn't smoke pots or use any other mind altering drugs. No alcoholics either! I think alcoholics are worse than people who smoke pots occasionally for recretation purpose. I'm quite conservative about drugs and alcohols, that's just me though.
 SaintElsewhere
Msg: 536
view profile
History
Posted: 2/28/2007 1:59:33 AM
B. Franklin "Grow the hemp plant everywhere."

Villifying pot was solely down in order to villify the counterculture.

Question: Would the Mardi Gras riots have happened if everyone was stoned instead of drunk?
 UPNorthman52
Msg: 537
Posted: 2/28/2007 7:28:54 PM
Dime.........THANK YOU !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Door #1 any day !!!!!!!!!!!!!
 Solomon Kane
Msg: 538
view profile
History
Posted: 3/1/2007 12:55:54 AM
DA Leaf Rules !!!!!!!!
 Solomon Kane
Msg: 539
view profile
History
Posted: 3/1/2007 12:58:11 AM
And ppl like you are the reason Bush is in office ..F**ckin Sheep
 taurus516
Msg: 540
view profile
History
Posted: 3/1/2007 11:28:33 AM
I've smoked pot off and on for over 30 years.My wife does too.We are not immature,lazy,forgetful or whatever stereotype image one may have of one who enjoys cannabis.If I were single I wouldn't date anyone who was intolerant of pot simply because it's an incompatibility issue.I'm not changing my lifestyle for anyone except myself and I don't expect anyone else to do the same.

And ppl like you are the reason Bush is in office ..F**ckin Sheep

It's funny to me how so many I've run across can be intolerant of pot,yet accept alcohol and cigarettes as if they were an American tradition like Apple Pie.Talk about a sheeple attitude.It's sanctioned by the government and put out by corporate mega conglomerates and advertised in the media ,so it must be OK right?

I can't stand to be around anyone who makes ANY mood altering substance the central focus of their life,be it pot,alcohol or some other drug.But responsible use of anything is not a bad thing and if I have to tolerate someone getting tipsy,stupid,loud and obnoxious by alcohol in public places,then in my opinion it should be legal and socially acceptable for me to smoke pot in the privacy of my own home where I'm not bothering anyone with my "vice" of choice.Forcing people to undergo random urinalysis and keeping them from their livelihoods because of pot use is the epitome of hypocracy in the US,while it's perfectly legal and acceptable for a person to drink as much alcohol as they want before going to work the next day.

Wake up folks,the war on drugs is a sham!
 sassyaquarius
Msg: 541
Posted: 3/1/2007 5:02:01 PM
It's a turn off for me...

Having at one time been a pothead, I want no part of it anymore... not the smell, the mentality behind it, the necessity of "connections", the sneaking around...

After making my stance on pot smoking in the house where my children reside EXTREMELY clear, I came home early from work one night... my ex was sitting there with a friend passing a joint... smoke wafting throughout the room (not even a window open)with my children's bedroom right around the corner... rage doesn't quite cover the emotion I felt coursing throughout my body in that moment...

I have friends that still do it, and to be honest, its hard to be around them when they are high... they get all giggly and stupified... I have to admit that it bothers me, and I cannot pretend otherwise, so I avoid the situation. I don't judge them, just don't want to be around it.

Especially now that my children are older, I take my responsibility as a role model very seriously... as others have said, like it or not it IS against the law..

I like the fact that I live a healthy and drug free life and want the same quality in another, no offense to anyone who does, its just a personal preference of mine :)
 terry-leigh
Msg: 542
view profile
History
Posted: 3/1/2007 5:07:38 PM
Well for me you either do it or you don't. Who cares if it's once a year or once a day. I personally have never smoked dope,or a cigarette for that matter. Never got into the bar scene either,which makes it really hard to find a date. I have friends that smoke it so it doesn't bother me,but I will never date someone that does it. The one thing that does bother me is the fact that I was born on 420 so all I hear is "Dude you are sooooo lucky,I celebrate your birthday all the time..ha ha ha " gets a little annoying lol.

ps also, being a nonsmoker,kissing a girl that is,is like licking a ashtray,yuck...
 aSydneyMale
Msg: 543
Posted: 3/1/2007 5:58:45 PM
The question might well be asked: How come many pot-smokers can't handle non-pot-smokers? Why do they somehow feel threatened by people who don't need to be stoned to have a good time? The same goes for drunks.
 drg1301
Msg: 544
Posted: 3/1/2007 6:07:17 PM

Why do they somehow feel threatened by people who don't need to be stoned to have a good time? The same goes for drunks.

The simple fact is that most pot smokers don't feel theartened. I think that you would likely find that most mature pot smokers imbibe socially or on ocassion somewhat like you indicate that you drink socially.
 dawn1114
Msg: 545
view profile
History
Posted: 3/1/2007 6:33:02 PM
I can't remember if I posted on this thread before or not (must be those dead brain cells from my previous dope-smoking life!). Whatever. I'm a non-pot smoker now (I took a puff a couple of years ago - man! - either I got much weaker or the dope got much stronger! I didn't like it AT ALL!), but I smoked quite a bit in my youth. Actually, I always preferred hash to weed, but that's neither here nor there. I gave it up 15-20 years ago, because it started to give me uncomfortable rushes, rather than pleasant ones.

I wouldn't have a problem with a casual pot-smoker. I like a glass of wine. Not much difference, in my opinion. I could not care less about the "legal" issue. It's hypocritical and bizarre, also in my opinion.

A lot of my friends (even a couple of law-enforcement types - surpise!) are casual pot users. They're wonderful, productive members of society. I also know a few burn-outs. It's not the pot. It's them. They'd be useless, even if they didn't smoke.
 SaintElsewhere
Msg: 546
view profile
History
Posted: 3/10/2007 8:34:16 PM
This is all about cultural warfare. It's ok for desperate housewives to abuse their valium prescriptions because they're upper middle-class, but those damn beatniks and black folk with their mary-jane are ruining this country. Read some history. You can find anti-drug movies on youtube and you'll see what I'm talking about.

Many conservatives expect the government to act as a parental figure and enforce their morality as law. This is the opposite of what America stands for.
 bella4908
Msg: 547
Posted: 3/10/2007 10:53:48 PM
Pot smoking is illegal, it reduces testosterone levels, makes you impaired, and can get you arrested. These things are far from sexy!
 sixteenxvi
Msg: 548
Posted: 3/12/2007 11:32:18 AM
i myself am a non-pot smoker, i have tried dating women who use it, and it doesn't work out. i recall one situation in particular, i was out for drinks with a woman and things were going very well, we decided to go back to my place. well, i open my car door for her, go around to my side, get in (i note here she did not reach over and unlock my door, a minor dating courtesy here in the southern US.) as soon as i get my seatbelt on i smell something, i look over and she has a bowl in her hand, lit up, (in my brand new-havent gotten the new car smell out of it car!) i was so pissed i ended the date right then, got out, walked around opened the door, said good night and walked her to her car. not even the courtesy to ask? no thank you. now im not being high and mighty, i have smoked a pack of cigarettes a day for the past 15 years, and am very mindful not to smoke around my non-smoking friends and dates. even in my own car, i am consious of asking if they mind if there is even one non smoker in the car. so for me, i have never managed to make it work out etween burners, and non burners.
 lmakey
Msg: 549
Posted: 3/12/2007 11:37:16 AM
Not this Non smoker....
 poetrixxy
Msg: 550
Posted: 3/12/2007 11:45:58 AM
It's funny how people are close minded if they choose to live a good civil life and not use illegal substances... that out of the way I refuse to be around pot smokers, I don't care how much use it is, one joint is one joint too many. I find it sad the way it's been glamorized in our society, and how people my age play into that, I wonder if they worry about their futures, also it makes me wonder if you are above that law what other laws are you above? I don't hang with criminals either so thanks but no thanks. The arguement that it's " to each their own" is all fine and dandy but it's still againist the law, if you're caught with it you'll get into trouble, I don't want that drama in my life. I also seems to me if you need pot to have fun or relax you are a boring sad individual and again I don't want you in my life. Your only as a good as the company you keep, and I try to keep good company sorry Bongy Mcpothead I don't want you around me, and believe me it's your loss.

* let me note this while I think of it I also feel the same about excessive drinking, and smoking cigar(ettes) and any other drug but the forum's about pot so that's what I talked about*
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > can non-pot smokers handle pot smokers?