Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Unfold
Msg: 780
can non-pot smokers handle pot smokers?Page 23 of 77    (9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49)
Being a non-smoker I could tolerate someone who occasionally partakes but definitely not a chronic (pun intended) user.
 muneca~brava
Msg: 781
can non-pot smokers handle pot smokers?
Posted: 6/12/2007 2:31:50 PM
i am not a smoker although i am all for legalization, and my answer is NO, NO, NO!!!

unless it was a once in a blue moon kind of thing or Bill Maher ---oh and gotta add Snoop Dogg, hahaha
 Chilled_Out
Msg: 782
Posted: 6/17/2007 11:32:05 AM
I can 'handle' pot smokers... Or at least believed I could tolerate it. I had a problem once with a girlfriend who- like a few of you have mentioned- did not feel comfortable in her own skin unless I would smoke with her. That became a real problem.

Recently I started dating a girl who smokes herb. And I let her know up front i have no problem with pot or its smokers. I just don't want to be pressured to smoke if i don't want to. There has be no problem so far on that tip, however i do get sick of having conversations about why pot should be legal(though i do agree), or who she is going to smoke a joint in honor of... *rolls eyes*. A week or so we were on the topic of kids and she said point blank that she expects that her kids are going to smoke and would like to be the one to introduce it to them!! I wouldn't have major issue if my children take it up as a habit for a bit. But that is a hell of a thing to prescribe for you children before they are conceived?!

There are simply A LOT more important things than pot. And i would like to spend my little bit of time i have on the most important things i can find.
 DrHipHappy
Msg: 783
Posted: 6/17/2007 11:57:26 AM
I have to phrase this question differently. Why should ganjah smokers waste their time with the straight-arrow zombies who are usually full of establishment lies and BS about cannabis?

To me the ultimate deal breaker is a hypocritical woman who is on prescription meds, smokes cigarettes, and/or drinks booze BUT has the nerve to criticize my use of this sacred herb. These people also tend to be boring since they tend to be closed-minded and uninspiring in general. I reject pitiful drunks -- sittin' there all bloated and stupid. Booze has the same effect on the body as heroin.

Did you know that people in arab and hindu cultures have routinely used cannabis for over 5000 years and still do. In fact, muslims can openly smoke hashish but can be killed for being an alcoholic. Jesus and his disciples were frequent users of cannabis products. The bible makes it clear that "god gave grass for all the animals and herb for all the men." I am now a devout Rastafarian who follows Bob Marley who said: "Herb: It reveals yourself to yourself!!"

I have not drank in over 25 years and did not smoke for about 15 years. After visiting Amsterdam about ten years ago I found my old friend. Since starting to smoke I have been happier, hipper and healthier that without it. My physician, chiropractor and psychologist all agree that I have medical reasons to use it. If I lived in California I would have a card enabling me to buy great herb at any of over 200 stores. The Showtime series "Weeds" is pretty accurate in that respect.

BTW, on another note - as a professor of sociology I have talked to hundreds of college students about this. Most agree they would drink less booze if weed were legal. Some young women have noted that when drunk they are much more susceptible to sexual assault than if stoned. Women say when stoned they see through the boys BS. Alcoholism kills so many people and ruins so many lives that most law enforcement officers would much rather deal with pot heads than mean drunks!!
 Aidoo
Msg: 784
Posted: 6/17/2007 1:26:35 PM
d and your account delet
WELL SAID! BABE
NORMAL PEOPLE THEY CALL THEMSELVES AND I WONDER . A POLICE OFFICER STOPED ME FOR NO REASON AND HE ENDED UP GIVING ME HIS PHONE NUMER. WAS THAT A POT HEAD OR WHAT..........MEANWHILE A CELEBRATED MOTHER'S DAY SMOKED UP AND BEHAVED BETTER THEN THE PEOPLE DRINKING ALCOHOL.
HOW PATHETIC THAT IS. THE MORE YOU SEE IT THE MORE I CONVINCE MYSELF. LIFE IS WHAT WE WANT TO MAKE OF IT! AND IF WE MAKE SENSE IN OUR LIVES, NOTHING ELSE MATTERS EH??????????
SORRY FOR THE MISSPELLING "NO SMOKING INVOLVED"
 Teacher678math
Msg: 785
Posted: 6/17/2007 1:37:03 PM
I dated a guy who smoked pot and I didn't know it. One Easter Sunday, he took me AND MY CHILDREN, to his niece's house for a celebration. Well I noticed they had an awful lot of friends. People were coming and going all damn day long. Well.......DUH! they were selling the sh**! I was very upset. His defense was "They like nice things, so what if they sell a little to enjoy the finer things in life." That's when I realized that there is more than just the difference of being a pot smoker or not being a pot smoker. The ways that each of those types of people think are very different. So in my case, I would not date a pot smoker.
 angelheart3
Msg: 787
Posted: 6/17/2007 9:28:08 PM
Absolutely it can, Sassy - expecially long-term use not to mention memory issues.
 Aidoo
Msg: 788
Posted: 6/17/2007 10:55:08 PM
WELL SAID! BABE
NORMAL PEOPLE THEY CALL THEMSELVES AND I WONDER . A POLICE OFFICER STOPPED ME FOR NO REASON AND HE ENDED UP GIVING ME HIS PHONE NUMER. WAS THAT A POT HEAD OR WHAT ..........MEANWHILE A CELEBRATED MOTHER'S DAY SMOKED UP AND BEHAVED BETTER THEN THE PEOPLE DRINKING ALCOHOL.
HOW PATHETIC THAT IS. THE MORE YOU SEE IT THE MORE I CONVINCE MYSELF. LIFE IS WHAT WE WANT TO MAKE OF IT! AND IF WE MAKE SENSE IN OUR LIVES, NOTHING ELSE MATTERS EH??????????
SORRY FOR THE MISSPELLING "I'm sober now"
 incognito100
Msg: 789
Posted: 6/18/2007 10:55:39 AM
Sure I've dated women who love the pot even though I never use it.
As long as the person you are with accepts and respects you not smoking
then all will be fine.
 johnglc
Msg: 790
Posted: 6/19/2007 3:10:59 AM
Just the smell of it makes me sick to my stomach.
 Scott_In_Tulsa
Msg: 792
Posted: 6/19/2007 3:57:08 AM
I've always felt it was a good idea to date someone who shared your vices as a common interest.

I'm not going anywhere near the legal vs. illegal, harmful or helpful debate. Some people smoke pot, that fact is irrefutable.

Pot definately falls into the catagory of a vice. So if you are a pot smoker, then you should proabably date other pot smokers.

By the same token, if you are a moderate to heavy drinker, then a non-drinker or recovering alcoholic is proabably not the right person for you. Same if you smoke cigarettes, or like to gamble, or have some other hobby that can become 'habit-forming'.

This greatly reduces the chance that one of you will suddenly say "i really can't deal with your ________ ".

Common interest good. Conflicting differences bad.
 bosoxx
Msg: 793
Posted: 6/19/2007 3:59:40 AM
This cracks me totally up! We live in a society riddled w/drugs.They have a LEGAL drug for EVERYTHING! Yet we in this puritanical,hypocritical good ole U.S. of A. have to mess w/ people over some pot? Doctors in this country come out w/ new diseases everyday(irritable bowel syndrome,add, acid reflux)We never had these things when I was a teenager.What's worse is they condone,market,and distribute drugs manufactured legally which are more addictive than most hard narcotics! We send people to jail for yrs. doing the samething large corporations do all the time! Does one think Oxycontin and similar drugs aren't more dangerous than pot? Yet thanks to our corporatist society drug companies and Docs get away w/ prescribing this crap! Yet in our country we hate smokers!(cigs or pot) Isn't this the same thing tobacco companies have done for decades? We indeed live in a very puritanical,hypocritical,bassackwards type of society where as long as the BIG dogs make the dough it's all a go!
To all who won't date a smoker of any type.....Go figure! What is it your addicted to because I believe we could ALL be addicted to something.....and it isn't just exercise!
peace!.......Bosoxx
 LeSportSac
Msg: 794
Posted: 6/19/2007 4:10:39 AM
I don't think non-pot smokers and pot smokers blend well in my humble opinion.

johnglc
Msg: 795
Posted: 6/19/2007 5:37:32 AM
When I GRADUATED from trade school,one of my classmates was suppose to present me with a speech.....he was high as a kite.
Unfortunately,he couldn't find his way to the podium.
 val0214
Msg: 797
Posted: 6/19/2007 4:54:36 PM
Let's not forget that today's pot in many areas is not the same as 20 years ago. I read an article and it confirmed my confusion on recognizing it's smell because in many areas dealers are cutting it with meth so that it's more highly addictive and potent.

With pot users come drug dealers who now make deliveries. Often these deliveries are not just for pot but they can get whatever other street drug you want.

With drug dealers come organized crime, gangs, money owed, shootings etc...

And let's not forget our friendly neighborhood cops and drug enforcement officials.

So if your boyfriend uses your car to get his pot, or carries it with him and you are in the vehicle, or he "forgot" it in your car and you are driving this car and YOU are stopped...will they believe you if you are a non-pot user?

Basically, it's like dealing with any other addiction including smoking when the smoker knows the effects of second hand smoking and cancer in non-smokers.

I think it's selfish for a pot smoker or cigarette smoker to expose a non-smoker or non user to the dangers and influences of the consequences of their actions.

Non users/smokers often try to be tolerant and forgiving, but if there are children involved, again it's a bad environment for a child to be exposed to.

Personally, I chose as a non-user not to get involved with a pot smoker .

ah-huh
Msg: 800
Posted: 6/24/2007 2:20:39 PM
I don't want to be around anyone doing drugs if it is not for medical purposes.
 resplendent soul
Msg: 802
Posted: 6/24/2007 6:58:10 PM
well this definitely falls into a good thread! I think it is biased to opt someone out just because they smoke pot, as it is a judgement based on a thought, and not the person. I smoke pot, but wouldn't be with someone who smoked it constantly and/or was a lamo because of it.....i think you should just meet the person anyways, and get to know them and decide if their pot usuage would be a problem(meaning amount/how often). I think that if you judge someone cuz they are 'put issue here', but don't know them - you just may miss out on someone who eventually might just quit all together if it made you happy.
 countrycanuck85
Msg: 803
view profile
History
Posted: 6/24/2007 7:05:49 PM
DEFINITELY NOT. I can't stand anyone who uses illegal drugs....my job and my life are too important to throw it away on someone elses IDIOTIC choices.
 winterrenegade
Msg: 804
Posted: 6/24/2007 7:07:04 PM
thank you cc well put
 sweetness_31
Msg: 805
Posted: 6/24/2007 7:13:08 PM
It would depend on how much they smoked it, some only smoke it a few times a week or month but some one who uses it like a few times a day...I couldnt handle that....but some one who used it once in awhile probably wouldnt bother me.
 ruis2002
Msg: 806
Posted: 6/25/2007 2:03:28 PM
***I prefer not to be around it and will not date someone that uses it.***

Ditto. Stoners and potheads need not apply! Grow up guys, you're not in college any more, and the sixties are so over!
 Jupiter53
Msg: 807
Posted: 6/26/2007 10:27:46 AM
Funny how no physicians/surgeons, firefighters, police, attorneys, civil engineers, RNs, CPAs, financial advisors, airline pilots, EMTs, ie anyone that we have to entrust with our health, safety and well being, is on here mouthing off as a doper...

That doesn't mean they don't...
I know of Asst DA's who do Acid
and I won't even get started about firemen I know who are spending entire days off shift and WASTED... Coke, Pot, Vicodans... you name it...

And then there are the Therapists...
As for me?
I've been know to smoke for months like a Rastafarian only to stop for weeks or months or years for no 'reason'. One thing I don't do is abuse Alcohol. Now THATS a sick drug.
I know someone who runs a program for women with infants or young children who (the mothers) are on drugs and when she lists the detrimental substances it's first on the list, followed by Coke, Meth then H.... Pot doesn't even warrant being mentioned to her.

but I digress...

sder35
Msg: 808
Posted: 6/26/2007 12:45:52 PM
Exactly right and well spoken. Thankyou for that. I toke, but with discretion and not all the time. When its time to kickback at the end of the day or on a day off, then rock on. Pot smokers are just as responsible and I say NO, smoking pot does not lead to further addictions. I've been smoking pot since hi school, thats off and on for 30 yrs and still feel great, so who cares!!!

Since most of us have pictures on our sites, keeping things private is important. The fact that we don't disclose it doesn't take guts, its PYA.
 wickedgourmet181
Msg: 809
Posted: 6/27/2007 12:46:40 PM
You are a ****ing moron
 Fiona0822
Msg: 810
Posted: 6/27/2007 3:07:53 PM
I see it as an awful thing because statisically, guys who do also smoke and drink excessively. I can't stand any of the three, and all the guys I know who did... were like that with low self esteem.

I mean it's ok because it's from the earth.. but I drop guys like hot stones who do sep if they lie like spacemonkeymaffia.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >