Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 edwardo66
Msg: 736
can non-pot smokers handle pot smokers?Page 24 of 77    (10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50)
Me too.........Lol
 mfh2112
Msg: 737
can non-pot smokers handle pot smokers?
Posted: 4/8/2007 10:08:22 PM
"As a former smoker do you really want me to answer that? "

You're a former smoker. Could you have accomplished all of that and still be a smoker?
 drg1301
Msg: 738
Posted: 4/8/2007 10:12:31 PM
You're a former smoker. Could you have accomplished all of that and still be a smoker?

I quit smoking pot 5 yrs ago and the only thing that I wasn't doing then was taking care of my parents. At that time they didn't need it.

EDIT -I had to get a CDL license for work. The company needed someone who could deliver the heavy equipment to the job site as well as run it.
 mfh2112
Msg: 739
Posted: 4/8/2007 10:14:52 PM
Why'd you quit?
 marleymae
Msg: 740
Posted: 4/8/2007 10:41:40 PM
Yes, whilst the fermentation process is natural, so is dope growing out of the ground. Pain killers are tablets concocted by a pharmacist in a lab and can also be highly addictive.
The stats showing marijuana related deaths and alcohol related deaths speak for themselves. Then there is ciggarettes and many other hard drugs............
 indrinita
Msg: 741
Posted: 4/8/2007 11:06:07 PM
In short yes, it's a big hassle if you don't smoke pot and you're trying to be with someone who does, and no, non-pot smokers cannot handle pot smokers. I've tried being with a doper, but it really does detract from the relationship, so I won't anymore. One person is always seeing things in a different perspective than the other one - men and women already have a hard time understanding each other sometimes, without throwing something like this into the mix! Pot smokers should just stick with each other as far as dating is concerned, and leave the non-pot smokers in peace!
 Robin4wheels
Msg: 742
Posted: 4/9/2007 7:11:26 AM

toke their way to a vegetative state

Say what? From just marijuanna? Can they pick a green bean or a carrot, or must they be the vegetable of the month?

What benefit does society get from legalizing dope?
That's the only question that needs to be asked.

I will take out the word DOPE there and put in POT, seeing as that is what this thread is all about. ("Dope" can mean all the hard stuff too)
My answer to your question...
Society would benefit with:
less stress
more smiles
less rush
less fighting
and more tax revenue because the govt. WOULD tax it!!
(to name a few)
 mfh2112
Msg: 743
Posted: 4/9/2007 7:37:22 AM
You shouldn't have to rely on a drug...any drug...to manage your stress.

No one would buy the Government stuff because it wouldn't be potent enough. People would still grow their own and it couldn't be controlled or taxed.

The market would be more competitive and violence would increase. Try to take a users drugs away from him and see how passive he is.

Since most POT is enhanced with something more potent than THC I think the word DOPE is accurate.

There are health risks that go with long term use and this would add to the cost of healthcare. Just as cigarettte smokers burden the healthcare system with cancers they probably would never have gotten had they not smoked.

Booze, smokes, pot....they're all bad for you.
 msusnicknel
Msg: 744
view profile
History
Posted: 4/9/2007 8:28:33 AM

Booze, smokes, pot....they're all bad for you

Yup....agreed. But does that mean they should all be illegal? Or, referring back to the OP, that you couldn't or wouldn't date anyone with any unhealthy hobbies or habits?

***I'm really TRYING to stay off this thread and not get drawn back into the legalization debate, hence not responding to the specifics of MFH's fallacious arguments. Not the original topic...***
 mfh2112
Msg: 745
Posted: 4/9/2007 9:25:16 AM
Hahahaha....I'm trying to do the same but others are now falling off the topic as well. Its a hard topic to avoid. Tried to find a forum on it but couldn't. Anyone know if their is a forum on legalization?

To your question:

No I wouldn't date anyone who does any drug. Nor would I date anyone who drinks regularly or smokes or is chronically obese. To me they are all unhealthy habits.
 slysterling
Msg: 746
Posted: 4/9/2007 9:38:22 AM
i don't think either of you have taken this thread too far away from it's original intent...i hope you keep going toe to toe with mfh here msusnicknel...the title seems simple enuff and it would certainly appear that both parties are handling each other quite well..
yes, there is a pot thread somewhere else in the forums, but for my two cents, this has to be one of the best debates i've ever heard not only in these forums, but in particular, this obviously well divided subject that a whole heck of a lot of people are interested in..
..let the moderators decide if it's off topic...keep duking it out until then i say

kudos' to both of you in your points
 msusnicknel
Msg: 747
view profile
History
Posted: 4/9/2007 10:15:58 AM

No I wouldn't date anyone who does any drug. Nor would I date anyone who drinks regularly or smokes or is chronically obese. To me they are all unhealthy habits

Well, there you have it. For you, finding someone who falls into your idea of "healthy" is important. I guess I could say the same, but my definition of "healthy" seems to differ from yours. Would I want to date someone who is constantly stoned? Probably not. Been there, done that. Someone who tokes up occasionally or even semi regularly (2 or 3 times a week) doesn't pose an issue for me. All things in moderation.

You shouldn't have to rely on a drug...any drug...to manage your stress

So would you not date someone who takes antidepressants or anti-anxiety medicine? What about someone who likes to "cut loose" or "relax" by going out and getting a little drunk on the weekends? Lots of people who smoke pot (or drink alcohol) are actually self medicating for depression, anxiety, and other such mental conditions. Personally, I'd be much more prone to trust consuming a plant I can grow in my back yard or basement than I would a chemically engineered drug pushed by pharmaceutical companies who stand to make millions by getting as many people on their drugs a spossible.

I think it boils down to priorities and amounts. Obviously, MFH couldn't "handle" a pot smoker. I, on the other hand could. That being siad, though, I probably wouldn't want to be with someone who constantly needs to be chemically impaired to deal with reality.
 slysterling
Msg: 749
Posted: 4/9/2007 2:08:31 PM
bleeding heart ...there's all a lot of us that are only asking for decriminilization..

each of us is unique...there's only one of each of us, so having said that, to the opponents of dope, i could stack up a whole bunch of resumes, mine included, of personal achievements, academic degrees, professional ranks and certifications, book-writng, real estate investments, financial investments,charity work, whatever; and i know i could blow the last argument out of the water about it preventing people from achieving goals...speaking individually of course

...before you jump all over me for that statement, remember everyone is unique.. i've also met lots of dopers that can't get thru the purple haze and are too tired and 'not into it' when it's time to get something done
...and for the cynics; it was all accomplished by the proviso that you do not violate the laws of god or the rights of fellow man...simple code really...note the laws of god as being my stereing light beacon, not the laws of man...the laws of man change thru time, and hopefully this one will too... change...it's always here...change

good debate though...really opened my mind up to a lot of things i never considered
 slysterling
Msg: 750
Posted: 4/9/2007 3:47:35 PM

Page 53 of 53 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53
Show ALL Forums > Politics > Why is smoking pot a crime?

there's the other discussion for mfh and usnickel...interesting thread too

msg 781 Smokin pot often acts as a gateway drug to the others

i 'm not saying you're wrong, but i was under the impression that to date, there still exists no empiricalnor scientific evidence to support this statemnt...and i know lots of professional people that draw the line at a puff or two of pot and these are peope i've known going on 30 years

the statement however that another lady made much much earlier in this thread that today's pot is absolutely a kick-in-the-head compared to the pot smoked a couple of decades is very true today...i know lots of dedicated puffers that can only have a couple of puffs these days and they're done

i believe it is doing things to the brain it never did decades ago and that's why i've slowly weened myself off of it over the last few years, but to blame it for my lack of ambition, or lack of success in life, no, i don't believe this at all...just poppycock in my own case, but mayby all too true in many people...i will acknowledge that

and if there's empirical evidence that it can screw up your short-term memory, i'd probably believe that...now where the heck did i leave the dawg
 mfh2112
Msg: 751
Posted: 4/9/2007 4:55:10 PM
Slysterling-thanks for the tip. I'll go check that link out.

"So would you not date someone who takes antidepressants or anti-anxiety medicine? What about someone who likes to "cut loose" or "relax" by going out and getting a little drunk on the weekends? Lots of people who smoke pot (or drink alcohol) are actually self medicating for depression, anxiety, and other such mental conditions. "

You got it. There are lots of ways to cut loose and unwind. If a person already suffers from mental illness the last thing they should be doing is smoking pot or drinking booze.
Sooner or later the party has to end and then what are you going to do?
 Jonny Fresh
Msg: 753
view profile
History
Posted: 4/10/2007 10:11:40 AM
buddy u must have one hell of an exciting life u dont drink, smoke, or drink, and thats just weird. with all the bullshit that goes on in the world goddam crazies blowin half the earth up and the middle east in the state its in. A LIL POT DONT HURT NO ONE. ive smoked everyday for like 8 years now have a good job own place , and own cars and all that fancy bullshit. as for long term effects, thers never been any long term effects studies done and if they have been done the government has keep them secret just like tobbacco stats in the sixties, so u dont what the hell ure talkin about and i just had to get that off my smoke filled chest , im out.
 slysterling
Msg: 754
Posted: 4/10/2007 11:11:00 AM

ive smoked everyday for like 8 years...and i just had to get that off my smoke filled chest

...ummmm johnny, this begs the question then why do you say on your profile that you neither smoke nor do drugs?

...doesn't matter, don't bother answering...i'm not getting in a fight with anyone on here about it

i know lots of people that don't smoke or drink..like as in lots and lots...it's really not all that wierd...maybe you just hang with your own crowd these days, but as time passes, you may find that abstainers on tobacco, alcohol and pot aren't that rare
 **koi**
Msg: 755
view profile
History
Choice is good
Posted: 4/10/2007 11:41:50 AM
I'd happily date a non pot smoker, and, if I saw promise in the relationship I'd quit if they really did have a problem with it.
It's not something I need, it's not something I rely on. If someone is willing to get to know me, likes me and I feel the same then there is little reason why my habit should break it up.
I cannot stand cigarettes, but if I meet someone and I like them and things seem to be working then I'm not going to break it off because they have a single fault. I may ask them to smoke only outdoors, I may ask that they cut back if I feel their smoking way too much, but that's as far as I'd take it.

My justification for pot is simple. Self control. I have an addictive personality so I find that I do some things to excess (computer games anyone?). I recently gave up smoking for lent. 40 days, no sweat.

With alcohol you get a drink, now you feel the need to finish it. So you do. Now, the night is young and you're still sober, people are pounding them back around you so you have a second, a third and so on until you feel it hit you. Now, lets say it hits just as you're finishing number 4 or 5. Really, you would have been good to stop a drink ago and wait for it to kick in, now you're a drink over. More time passes, someone sees you without a drink and offers to buy one, you probably don't say no. Now you're two drinks over where you wanted to be. And so on. For me, this is a problem because then I wind up broke and smashed.

Pot. Step out, light it up, pass it around. You take a few hoots and as people have their fill they 'step out' of the circle. nobody says a word and when everyone has had enough you roach it. No compulsion to finish, no contest to see who smokes more. Just each person hitting their desired limit and stopping right there. Now you're good for a couple hours. Most people I know will avoid mixing alcohol and pot, so you're also not drinking now. You grab a water, you keep it filled so it doesn't wander off with a busboy and you dance and socialize and generally have a good time. You waste less time waiting in line for things, maybe missing that one song you've been waiting all night to hear. (ah, Mlada Fronta, how I love thee)

But, I digress from the subject matter.
Someone earlier posted about not having respect for people who hide their drug use on their profile. I don't put it down because I don't think it's something people need to know. I'd rather they meet me, decide if I'm someone they want to get to know better and then go from there. As I said at the beginning, if things are promising and they really do have and issue there's no question about quitting, I will.
 Savanna
Msg: 756
view profile
History
Choice is good
Posted: 4/10/2007 12:00:55 PM
^^

I'de rather get it out there in the open, that way if someone doesn't want to get to know me because I smoke pot, they don't have to.

Where as you are more interested in getting to know them first, then letting them know you smoke pot.
 VTKgB
Msg: 757
Posted: 4/28/2007 6:56:29 AM
well i been reading this post and alott of this crap is crazy I,m a pot smoker i have my own house ,my own buiness and take care of my three boys,But as far as health Risks BAH! You can die walking your dog to the store when god wants you he will take you My stepfather never smoked a day in his life and died of lung cancer,A friends mother had cancer in her bone marrow never smoked how do you explain that.Pot has been around since man first walked on this planet and has been used for almost as long.I say i don't use drugs cause i don't consider pot a drug,Nomore then i consider alcohol a drug.Canada has healthcare and you can have up to 8 grams of pot on you and have no problems with the law so y can't the USA do the same,Cause the USA makes more money in trying to control the substance then it would if they legalized it.I don'tknow what kind of weed you've been smokin but what i smoke is not enhanced in anyway shape or form,it grows from the ground ,you pick it ,dry it, smoke it, enhanced not really.
I really gotta laugh at some of these posts though,cause i have to say at least 9/10ths of the peeps that are against pot are driving drunk every other weekend when they go out with thier friends or out for dinner have two or three drinks and drive home with thier kids in the car but thats ok .NOT! I was a waiter at some very upperclass restraunts and you would be amazed at the so called higherclass peeps or politians that have dinner a bottle of wine and then hop in thier cars with the kids and drive home DRUNK! with thier Kids! If the world would sit down smoke a big Joint and talk this would be a much better place to live .Legalize it Don't Criticize it!
 bullielover62
Msg: 758
Posted: 4/28/2007 12:11:11 PM
I don't smoke it and I don't care if you do.

If you do something that puts my life in danger or have it on you out in public and I'm around... that's not kewl....

To each his own... just don't get me mixed up in anything legal.....

PEACE
 thegreatrockyhill
Msg: 759
Posted: 4/28/2007 4:29:53 PM
I wouldn't want to date someone who smoked pot. Same with someone who is a heavy boozer. Not that I don't think pot should be legal. Even so, people who do it seem to have a different lifestyle than those who don't.
 aSydneyMale
Msg: 760
Posted: 4/28/2007 10:52:06 PM
A little off-topic Bullie I know, but just looking at your pics, aren't you gorgeous?!
 xrayg
Msg: 761
Posted: 5/13/2007 1:53:32 AM
Yeah, I agree with Tatonka.
 NocturnalPrincess
Msg: 762
Posted: 5/15/2007 3:22:24 AM
Okay, I am going to go off on a huge tangent here which is still connected to this thread!

I have an ex-neighbor that is a real Hottie, that smokes pot everyday. When he lived here, he worked as a busboy at an upscale restaurant downtown. He has a son out of wedlock, which is often customary these days.

He somehow got involved with a female M.D. He moved out of his rental property and in with her. she encouraged him to go back to school and was paying for it.

She was going to her Practice every day and he was getting stoned every day, but keeping her happy every evening. She finally told him that he had to get a job, so he returned to his job as a busboy, and IMHO will probably never finish school, that the doctor is paying for. He is currently working as a busboy in The Party District.

Perhaps this does belong on a different thread? If you were a successul woman that had a pothead boyfriend that satisfied your sexual needs would you support him?
Apparently, this woman can handle this pot smoker so long as he continues to meet her sexual needs?
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >