Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > can non-pot smokers handle pot smokers?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 edwardo66
Msg: 701
can non-pot smokers handle pot smokers?Page 29 of 77    (15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55)
Pedophiles are the lowest scum there is and to even be put in the same group as them and to be compared with them ,in my books,is the same thing. Its one of the worst insults that exists and you say I'm taking it outta context?How would you like to be compared to them or be put in the same group as them?I bet you would be pissed too and if you werent,sassyaquarius,then I would have to say there is something wrong then.And thanks for reposting comment#677 for all to see.And as for the comment below then read my comment here,its an insult of the lowest form even to be put in the same group with them.What dont you get about that?And it was a good party my friends threw too,its too bad you got no friends....lmfao and this is for the comment two sections below. I would ask you if youve never been insulted by someone you didnt agree with.And if you said no then I would have serious doubts about that.
 mfh2112
Msg: 702
can non-pot smokers handle pot smokers?
Posted: 4/6/2007 8:56:59 PM
Here is what I said....

"You're as bad as pedofiles (pedophiles) who try to rationalize child abuse as love."

Thats the exact quote. I did not say that pedophiles were potheads or potheads were pedophiles. I said that the mechanism that is used to justify the logic of their actions is the same and equally as bad.

I'm sure Eddie hasn't had this much attention since his invisible friends threw him that surprise party....
 sassyaquarius
Msg: 703
Posted: 4/6/2007 9:00:48 PM

How would you like to be compared to them or be put in the same group as them?I bet you would be pissed too and if you werent,sassyaquarius,then I would have to say there is something wrong then

You can only be insulted if you agree ;)
 johnglc
Msg: 704
Posted: 4/6/2007 9:05:32 PM
I CAN'T handle it ........just the smell of it bothers me.
 pujakama
Msg: 705
Posted: 4/6/2007 9:10:58 PM

How exactly can ANYONE be wrong on this thread?

You become wrong when you chose to make generalisations about other people rather than speaking on just your own experiences. (I am not saying you have done this, but others have) When deciding for yourself, you can not be wrong. When deciding how it works for other people, you have very little chance of being right at all.

he said pot smokers were like pedophiles comment #677 go look for yourself

Actually he didnt. He said your attempts to justify your habit to others is like pedophiles trying to justify their own habits.... not exactly calling smokers pedophiles. Being that they actually have nothing in common, he must have pedophilia floating around in his head somewhere for it to have to come out like that.

Really, I would be more worried about his erroneous assumption that drugs make violence. They dont, the black market for drugs creates the violence... in other words dullards like him voting for people who maintain the illegal status of drugs is what maintains the violence. If drugs were the source of violence themselves, then all that mobster violence centered on booze would have kept going on when prohibition ended...but the booze related gang battles dropped off.

Focus on the arguments that matter, and not get caught up in his appeal to emotion by throwing "pedophile" into his argument.
 JIMuutq
Msg: 706
Posted: 4/6/2007 9:11:33 PM
"You're as bad as pedofiles (pedophiles) who try to rationalize child abuse as love."

What the hell does that mean?

So if your addicted to fast food or gambling (which hurts no one but yourself), you are the same as a child molester?
 mfh2112
Msg: 707
Posted: 4/6/2007 9:19:56 PM
drg1301...the analogy is sound; your inability to understand it is defect. Check out NAMBLA.
 JIMuutq
Msg: 708
Posted: 4/6/2007 9:25:36 PM
Self gratification / Self distruction.

Young Boys / drugs.

I like to do young boys = self gratification.
I like to get high = self distrution.

Still do not get the point you are trying to make.
 drg1301
Msg: 709
Posted: 4/6/2007 9:28:17 PM
No the analogy is not sound.
What you did was to attempt to use the worst case scenario that you could think of in a attempt to legitamize your arguement.

I wonder what you would say to someone who used the same analogy to justify not being with someone who drinks.

Simple fact of the matter is you don't agree with people having a choice in use of pot.
If you don't wish to be with someone who uses pot that is fine. Other people have made and will continue to make choices different then yours.
 IWANNABEURSEXYLUV
Msg: 710
Posted: 4/6/2007 9:46:23 PM
I PERSONALLY don't smoke it but I think we as humans can get along with anyone we choose to-and I judge no one and do get along with just about everyone!
 slysterling
Msg: 711
Posted: 4/6/2007 9:48:15 PM
back on topic you's...yukk...shivers...i got about 5 lines into that nambla and thats more than enuff for me to know...
 JIMuutq
Msg: 712
Posted: 4/6/2007 9:52:49 PM
It makes you wonder about the guy posting the NAMBLA link.

Again with this crap

In order to maintain the highest quality forums you are restricted to having no more then 2 of the last 10 posts on a thread.

Since 2 of the last 10 posts are yours you can not post to this thread.
 mfh2112
Msg: 713
Posted: 4/6/2007 9:53:21 PM
Once again it is not the ACT that is similar but the means by which they justify their actions that is similar.

Drug addicts/users are concerned only with their own self interest. They refuse to see that their behaviour is harmful to anyone but themselves (if that). They believe that if it was decriminalized then organized crime would disappear. One only has to review the conditions of Jamaica and Amsterdam to see this is not the case. To legalize it would give organized crime an entrenched economic basis by which to grow.
Does this help anybody?
 JIMuutq
Msg: 714
Posted: 4/6/2007 10:01:13 PM
Dude where are you going with this?

Why study organized crime in Jamaica?

That is like studying organized crime in Arkansas.

All drug users are not criminals.
All people who like to have fun are not criminals, if I did not no better I would think you were a fundamentalist from the south.
 drg1301
Msg: 715
Posted: 4/6/2007 10:07:08 PM

To legalize it would give organized crime an entrenched economic basis by which to grow.

Is that what happened when the prohibition against alcohol was lifted?
No the prohibition is what caused the organized criminal organizations to have that foothold.
 pujakama
Msg: 716
Posted: 4/6/2007 10:09:11 PM
Amsterdam to see this is not the case

Wrong. We dated a girl from rotterdam, and had this discussion MANY times. Violent crime dropped off after legalisation... so much so that the government there has begun tinkering with ideas on how fast they can legalise XTC.

Prohibition spawned major violence and organised crime, ALL centered around the massive profits to be made from illegal drinks . Legalising it takes away the profit margin from the crime syndicates, and they moved on to other crimes when selling booze was legal ( far less profitable when you have to compete for prices on an open market.)

Drug addicts/users are concerned only with their own self interest.

I am a drug user, and a vegitarian because i put the life of other beings above my own intrests.

To legalize it would give organized crime an entrenched economic basis by which to grow.

If this was true, there would still be gangs of criminals smuggling whiskey across the border and getting into firefights with their tommyguns.
 JIMuutq
Msg: 717
Posted: 4/6/2007 10:11:54 PM
The damn US requires a license for everything.

I wish I lived in Jamica, or Arkansas.

Am I the only one getting this.
In order to maintain the highest quality forums you are restricted to having no more then 2 of the last 10 posts on a thread.

mfh2112
Msg: 718
Posted: 4/6/2007 10:15:48 PM
All drug users are criminals because buying/selling/using drugs is a crime under the Criminal Code of Canada.

Dude....
In Jamaica dope is legal. They also have one of the highest drug related mortality rates per capita in the world.
The fact that you do not know better and I am not a southern fundamentalist is not synonymous.
 JIMuutq
Msg: 719
Posted: 4/6/2007 10:21:40 PM
Can you prove that? Living in south FL I have several friends from Jamaica, Most of the drugs used by "locals are weed", So watch the statistics, they will show you want you want every time.

JIMuutq
Msg: 720
Posted: 4/6/2007 10:33:16 PM
Well i'm off to an after hours party, and guess what! NO YOUNG BOYS ARE INVOLVED!!!

Just some south florida favorites,

Have fun judging the rest of us.

We will all end up in the same place.
 HUNG4YOURPLEASURE
Msg: 721
Posted: 4/6/2007 10:43:07 PM
I'm with Nada III
 HUNG4YOURPLEASURE
Msg: 722
Posted: 4/6/2007 10:50:49 PM
Misses Nicknel, you should know that you sound like a complete moron in comparison of the person who put you in your place. " Just because this freedom fight does not affect you personally does not mean it is any less valid or important. This is the same kind of thinking that a lot of people expressed during the civil rights movement. "Well, I'm not a minority, so this struggle doesn't affect me." Seems like kind of an ignorant stance to take, now doesn't it? This IS fundamentally a question of personal choice and freedoms." That is an AWESOME statement! In your face you ****ing POT NAZI! You god damn weed Gustapo! ****ing bud communist!!! Dancing dooby!!
 pujakama
Msg: 723
Posted: 4/6/2007 10:51:07 PM

In Jamaica dope is legal. They also have one of the highest drug related mortality rates per capita in the world.

All that dope is grown for sale in america, the place where it is illegal... the black market STILL being the reason for the violence. Once theres no huge profit margin for the export of this rather common plant, its price will drop like like booze did and the need for armed violence over it will evaporate.

Its legality makes no impact on your argument because the point of sale is still an illegal market, so you will still have the organised crime.
 dysoleray
Msg: 724
Posted: 4/7/2007 3:13:39 AM
lol..jail..for pot possesion..ha ha
 chaswhatif
Msg: 725
view profile
History
Posted: 4/7/2007 3:34:47 AM
If I'm responsible in using the wonder-weed,the sig.other would'nt know,as I use it as a practice and performance aid.
Ya can't sing"Panama Red"properly straight.
Pot smokers (I,at least),need less"supervision"than most.
Pot is only contra-indicated between the time one contracts hiv and until fullblown aids sets in.And before 17 or so.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > can non-pot smokers handle pot smokers?