Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > can non-pot smokers handle pot smokers?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 kmhstx
Msg: 51
can non-pot smokers handle pot smokers?Page 3 of 77    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41)
lmao. Darkness, I was not refering to you with the close minded comment, just others on this thread, and Raven.
I do not think I have more credentials than anyone. haha definitally not
So raven your friend wanted the E to study better Im sure. lmao, good thing he didn't burn a little hole in his brain, that stuff has been shown to do that on brain imaging. Very smart move.
I have no problem listening to your comments, yet I love how you continue to insult my intelligence, when I have not done so to you.
Higher conciousness, well I would have to say that I have some amazingly talented friends and family members that are praised by experts in their field, considered creative genious (spl, sorry I don't claim to be a perfect speller) and they do not use drugs to create, its all from their own unaltered brain power. I just find that refreshing.
To bad you couldnt remember these amazing thoughts you had, but then how do we know how amazing they were because as you yourself Raven say you do not remember them haha. Why don't you go have a toke, and start a thread about all of your amazing philosophies, then may be I'll figure out your brilliance while on drugs, perhaps that will convince me of our argument. Just a thought
 kuddlebum
Msg: 52
can non-pot smokers handle pot smokers?
Posted: 11/16/2005 5:55:00 AM
Glad this thread turned a twist ,,to many people out there are to quick to judge!!!

There is a difference between users,,,,and abusers,,,is up to an individual to KNOW the difference!!!!

Just love to know where some get the "holier than thou", crap,,even my mother of 53 years of age has finally admitted she tried it.

My best friend in high shcool,,,her parents had the ole Cheech and Choong,,dubes,,,man,,,I swear some people live in a closet.

Kudos,,to Raven and the others,,that can see both sides,,and I agree many drugs out there that are legal that are very deterimental to anyone!! MMMM,,I remeber a few years back I knew someone that commited suicide due to the mind altering,,prescribed drugs they were on!!! Yes!!! The doctor,,did admitt the drugs lead this preson to commit suicide, this drug was LEGAL,,and perscribed!!!!!! Mind altering??? Majority of the prescribed drugs anyone takes have side affects of many kinds and affects every differently such a chimo,,for cancer,,and radiation affects each person differently,and evrey type does as well, I seen my ex mother in law go through hell with chimo,,and radiation,,and everytime different sides effects,,every time,,all 7 times,,and many treatments,,,to be honest,,she would have rather had a big fat JOINT than go through that she said!!! And she works in the legal feild!!!
 Dime12804
Msg: 53
view profile
History
Posted: 11/16/2005 8:21:48 AM

good thing he didn't burn a little hole in his brain, that stuff has been shown to do that on brain imaging.

WHA??? LMBFFAO!!!!

Wait. Lemme first make sure I am reading this right. I admit that I have not read all of the posts in this thread because of the length of some of them, but if I am reading this right, you are suggesting that marijuana (or some other drug) has been proven to physically burn a hole in ones brain???

Is this correct???

If so, I beg for some evidence. I have never heard of such a thing. In fact, I've only ever heard of minimal brain cell damage caused by the smoking of marijuana. About as much as is lost with the smoking of tobacco or anything else that you smoke. Eating marijuana doesn't kill brain cells. Furthermore, it has been argued what brain cells are actually being affected. Seeing as how we only use about 10% of our brains, if we're simply burning grey matter, we're not really hurting anything by smoking. Aside from that, there's also been some research into the idea that brain cells do, in fact, regenerate.

Ugh...I'm gonna have to work real hard to stay out of this conversation. LOL. I get into this type of thing too much and I can't help chuckling to myself when I read such biased opinions and how they've formed such opinions by following the beliefs of another biased source.

It's no wonder some people actually think this stuff will physically burn an actual hole in your brain.

If I read your comment wrong, I apologize. However, if I'm correct, please; I'd be very interested in reading a report on such a thing.
 Munkeechi
Msg: 54
Posted: 11/16/2005 8:33:24 AM
I've tried pot a few times when I was younger. I don't like the smell or the taste of it. I would never date someone who was a pot smoker, it's something I just don't find acceptable.. just like because I'm a quitting smoker I will not date a smoker now that I know how bad I smelled and how much healthier I can feel without it.
 Nada III
Msg: 55
Posted: 11/16/2005 8:48:19 AM
the smell to me brings back fond memeories, the best times of my life were when me and my freinds used to get stoned, I also used to get high before going to college classes and got straight A's in all subjects making the deans list 4.0 average for the first time ever.
It worked for me, but I know i got Attention Deficit Disorder, and it helped me be motivated , happy, and pay attention.
I don't smoke now, but wish sometimes I could.
makes you looks at the world a whole different way.
I would vote to legalize.
 DacaInaru
Msg: 56
Posted: 11/16/2005 8:52:49 AM
I won't date anyone that does any type of recreational drugs.. I have never use any type of recreation drug I do have a lot of drug users in my family which is one reason why i won't be around it or allow anyone into my life who is a user..

medicinal pot.. well the person would have to do it outside or in there own home.. not in my presence..
 kmhstx
Msg: 57
Posted: 11/16/2005 8:53:08 AM
god does every one take everything so literally, no not an actual hole. I guess I'll have to do some research and gather my evidence lmao. but I have seen MRI's of people that are E users, spots of inactivity, due to killing brain cells show up on the scans, Either way I give up on here. its just not worth my time and energy. Its been fun. people take things too seriously on here. I thought people that smoked pot are supposed to be more relaxed, I guess not when they find people that disagree with their life style choices.
 CerifiedShorty
Msg: 58
Posted: 11/16/2005 8:56:40 AM
I can't stand a MAN THAT DOESN'T SMOKE POT!
 Dime12804
Msg: 59
view profile
History
Posted: 11/16/2005 9:02:07 AM
kerry....I wasn't trying to be offensive. I'm always very genuinely interested in these things. It's really the only way you can debunk theories and decide for yourself what is and what isn't BS.

I understand what you're saying now. E=Extacy, I'll assume. You're speaking of leisures on the brain that effect how a person functions physically and mentally. Yes, I have seen this in extreme cases as well, but never with marijuana.

I tried to be as nice as possible with my response to your comment. I apologize if I've managed to set you off in any way. I'm not really taking anything too seriously though. I don't smoke marijuana, but when I did, I was pretty much the same way. Like I said, it's the only way to form your own opinions rather than conforming to the propoganda machines that exist on both sides of the argument.

Just my thing I guess.
 BookMan09
Msg: 60
Posted: 11/16/2005 9:05:24 AM
Maybe my case is a little bit different... I am a recovering addict with over 18 months clean. Dating someone who smokes pot puts me at too much risk. Even at family functions, when there is drinking around I don't stick around too long. At this point I am pretty safe from using, but I still find it difficult to be around the stuff and limit my exposure. If you smoke weed, and you can handle it, knock yourself out! Even though I don't use anything beyond caffeine and nicotine, and don't hang around others who do, I am in the camp that thinks we seriously need to reform drug laws. They end up causing more problems then they solve. Anyways, to each his own, I just don't want to be around it or hear about it.

- Justin
 Grey Sea
Msg: 61
Posted: 11/16/2005 9:08:54 AM
if you can't beat 'em, join 'em
 delytful
Msg: 62
Posted: 11/16/2005 9:17:19 AM
After reading through this thread, it SEEMS that those who are accepting of marijuana are more intelligent, open minded, objective and articulate than those who are so vehemently against it.
And I have never understood why alcohol is legal and marijuana isn't. Yes, I have done some research on the effects of the two. I have also had some experience with users of both. I would hang with pot heads before drunks any day.
 MellyBabez
Msg: 63
Posted: 11/16/2005 9:55:03 AM
*shrugs*
 FiestyBlonde
Msg: 64
Posted: 11/16/2005 9:58:09 AM
man, pot does not control your life. i myself am a pothead, and i dont consider myself stupid and forgetfull. Pot does have effects, but i think i have smoked enough pot in my life to say that it doesnt really change anything. i definetly would have to date a guy who smokes pot, or else id be smokin it right in front of him all the time, and it wouldnt be right. Then again if he had a problem with me smoking pot, i wouldnt be with him in the first place :) Its so retarded how people think "potheads" are dumb because its totally not true, its so stereotype
 Munkeechi
Msg: 65
Posted: 11/16/2005 10:59:07 AM

After reading through this thread, it SEEMS that those who are accepting of marijuana are more intelligent, open minded, objective and articulate than those who are so vehemently against it.

I am not vehemently against it but I just won't date anybody who does it. It's my personal choice, and just because I do not want to date someone who does drugs does not mean that I am not intelligent, open minded, objective or articulate. I understand some people want to do it, that's their choice. I just choose not to hang around or date people that do it. The smell drives me nuts and causes my asthma to flare up.

It's very much like people who don't want to date smokers. It's their choice. Does that mean that people who want to date smokers are more intelligent, open minded, objective and articulate than people who don't? No. Everything is an individual choice, mine is not to date people who do drugs.

As I said before, I'm not vehemently against marijuana itself, I just don't associate with people who do it. Do it if you want to, I just prefer people not do it around me.
 kmhstx
Msg: 66
Posted: 11/16/2005 11:02:06 AM
^^^ what she said, lol but don't worry I think I was the one that quote was refering to. Oh yeah I took no offense, lol and I was refering to ecstacy, not mj, for the brain damage scans.
Bye have fun everyone!
 PhyneLiquor
Msg: 67
Posted: 11/16/2005 11:13:21 AM
Pot grows brain cells!

Albert Einstein, William Faulkner and Bill Gates all smoked 3 ozs. daily most of their lives!
Almost all creative people; authors, playwrights, and musicians smoke heavily!

It's good for you, actually you can suffer from a "marijuana deficit" if you DON'T smoke it!

The reason North American kids lag Asian kids on average in scholastic achievement is they have been falling behind on toking up! Lazy dayum kids, can't even get 'em to smoke dope on schedule these days! :(

So..LIGHT UP, mon!
 AtomicLove888
Msg: 68
view profile
History
Posted: 11/16/2005 11:43:25 AM
Pot saved my life and healed my wounds .. I owe it all to good b.c. bud... I don't mind non pot smokers but if you're one of those rultra right anti pot peeps or even one of those so health coscious hypocrites I think society has the right to drag u out side and shoot u in the head they charge the bullets to ur credit card.

Sincerely .. MarleyMan
 ekkobeach
Msg: 69
Posted: 11/16/2005 12:07:45 PM
From Health Canada:

There are risks to marijuana use, both over the long and short term.

In the short term, the effects that marijuana will have on any one person may be different each time they try it, depending on the amount they take, the potency of the drug, the person's mood at the time and the place in which it is used. The truth is that you can never be 100 percent sure of the effects, or how long they will last.

Sometimes people become withdrawn, fearful, anxious or depressed and this tends to happen if the person takes more than they usually do, if the strength of the marijuana is more than what they are used to, or if they are an inexperienced user. And look out if you're using marijuana with other substances.

If eaten, the "psychoactive" effects of marijuana become much more difficult to control. Because the effects of marijuana take longer to sink in when eaten, people often become impatient and think that nothing is happening - so they eat more - but a couple of hours later, when it finally hits them, they could be in trouble.

The use of marijuana with alcohol is far more dangerous than the two used separately. The intoxicating effects of both drugs used at the same time increase impairment. In this case 1 + 1 does not equal 2, but more like 3 or 4.

On the other hand, you should consider the long term effects. Smoking marijuana, whether in a joint or in a bong, releases tar into the lungs in the same way that smoking tobacco does. There are more than 400 chemicals in marijuana smoke, some of which can affect the lungs, throat and esophagus. Daily or regular use of marijuana may cause respiratory problems such as chronic cough, and chronic or recurring bronchitis.

Marijuana can lower inhibitions and impair judgment. Lowered inhibitions have been known to result in unprotected sex, increased possibilities of sexually transmitted diseases, and potential unwanted pregnancies. Marijuana may interfere with human reproduction. Some research shows a decline in sex hormones in young boys and possible disturbances of the menstrual cycle in girls. In the critical early stages of pregnancy, smoking may be harmful to the baby.

I think I would rather just keep my distance from the potheads...thanks.
 kevn2012
Msg: 70
Posted: 11/16/2005 12:22:03 PM
Thats an interesting take on eating marijuana. I'm not sure I've ever met someone who prefers it as a snack.

Except for maybe George Washington.
 PhyneLiquor
Msg: 71
Posted: 11/16/2005 12:30:04 PM
funny how most of those people who claim to be so brilliant while stoned have 'jack of all trades' (meaning: "unemployed" ? )or 'student' at age 29-30 on their profiles..

IF it makes you so smart, why have we not heard of these genius authors, playwrights, musicians to date?

why would they be typing on POF rather than composing great, timeless works of art? :)

LMAO
 kevn2012
Msg: 72
Posted: 11/16/2005 12:49:39 PM
Hmmm. Thats funny, I thought the 2 biggest bands ever the Beatles, and the Rolling Stones were pot-smokers. I knew McCartney was set-up. Those **stardS!

PhyneLiquor
Msg: 73
Posted: 11/16/2005 12:56:08 PM
MC Raven just hasn't made it yet, I guess..Hmm so out of millions of pot smokers a few became big-time musicians..conclusive scientific evidence of the claim that using marijuana helps creativity if I ever heard any!

I'm sure that had they not used pot, The Beatles and Rolling Stones would never have risen above small bar & coffee-house standbys..lol

Many people are convinced they have 'deep thoughts' while stoned..often they are just so f*cked up they think that pondering the inner meaning of a Crayola crayon is 'deep'.
 Sir_Lixxalott
Msg: 74
Posted: 11/16/2005 1:03:00 PM
not for my girls, I smoke up, get the munchies..the only thing around to eat is her ;)
 kevn2012
Msg: 75
Posted: 11/16/2005 1:08:56 PM
You could take all the big bands from A-Z. Abba to ZZ Top, and I'm sure the percentage of musicians that smoke pot, or did in their prime are staggering. Alot higher than the average of your everyday citizen. I have no evidence to back this up, but I'm sure this is accurate. Which tells me yes marijuana helps musicians be more creative. As far as playwrights, and authors I agree.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > can non-pot smokers handle pot smokers?