Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > can non-pot smokers handle pot smokers?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 reldra
Msg: 801
view profile
History
can non-pot smokers handle pot smokers?Page 33 of 77    (19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59)
I think it would depend on how much pot they smoke. If it's 3x a day and they can't get up off the couch and are turning into a mush brain- couldn't date someone like that. If it was occasional, I don't see the harm. Doubt I would notice.
 resplendent soul
Msg: 802
can non-pot smokers handle pot smokers?
Posted: 6/24/2007 6:58:10 PM
well this definitely falls into a good thread! I think it is biased to opt someone out just because they smoke pot, as it is a judgement based on a thought, and not the person. I smoke pot, but wouldn't be with someone who smoked it constantly and/or was a lamo because of it.....i think you should just meet the person anyways, and get to know them and decide if their pot usuage would be a problem(meaning amount/how often). I think that if you judge someone cuz they are 'put issue here', but don't know them - you just may miss out on someone who eventually might just quit all together if it made you happy.
 countrycanuck85
Msg: 803
view profile
History
Posted: 6/24/2007 7:05:49 PM
DEFINITELY NOT. I can't stand anyone who uses illegal drugs....my job and my life are too important to throw it away on someone elses IDIOTIC choices.
 winterrenegade
Msg: 804
Posted: 6/24/2007 7:07:04 PM
thank you cc well put
 sweetness_31
Msg: 805
Posted: 6/24/2007 7:13:08 PM
It would depend on how much they smoked it, some only smoke it a few times a week or month but some one who uses it like a few times a day...I couldnt handle that....but some one who used it once in awhile probably wouldnt bother me.
 ruis2002
Msg: 806
Posted: 6/25/2007 2:03:28 PM
***I prefer not to be around it and will not date someone that uses it.***

Ditto. Stoners and potheads need not apply! Grow up guys, you're not in college any more, and the sixties are so over!
 Jupiter53
Msg: 807
Posted: 6/26/2007 10:27:46 AM
Funny how no physicians/surgeons, firefighters, police, attorneys, civil engineers, RNs, CPAs, financial advisors, airline pilots, EMTs, ie anyone that we have to entrust with our health, safety and well being, is on here mouthing off as a doper...

That doesn't mean they don't...
I know of Asst DA's who do Acid
and I won't even get started about firemen I know who are spending entire days off shift and WASTED... Coke, Pot, Vicodans... you name it...

And then there are the Therapists...
As for me?
I've been know to smoke for months like a Rastafarian only to stop for weeks or months or years for no 'reason'. One thing I don't do is abuse Alcohol. Now THATS a sick drug.
I know someone who runs a program for women with infants or young children who (the mothers) are on drugs and when she lists the detrimental substances it's first on the list, followed by Coke, Meth then H.... Pot doesn't even warrant being mentioned to her.

but I digress...

sder35
Msg: 808
Posted: 6/26/2007 12:45:52 PM
Exactly right and well spoken. Thankyou for that. I toke, but with discretion and not all the time. When its time to kickback at the end of the day or on a day off, then rock on. Pot smokers are just as responsible and I say NO, smoking pot does not lead to further addictions. I've been smoking pot since hi school, thats off and on for 30 yrs and still feel great, so who cares!!!

Since most of us have pictures on our sites, keeping things private is important. The fact that we don't disclose it doesn't take guts, its PYA.
 wickedgourmet181
Msg: 809
Posted: 6/27/2007 12:46:40 PM
You are a ****ing moron
 Fiona0822
Msg: 810
Posted: 6/27/2007 3:07:53 PM
I see it as an awful thing because statisically, guys who do also smoke and drink excessively. I can't stand any of the three, and all the guys I know who did... were like that with low self esteem.

I mean it's ok because it's from the earth.. but I drop guys like hot stones who do sep if they lie like spacemonkeymaffia.
 An Acronym
Msg: 811
Posted: 6/27/2007 3:16:06 PM

^^ Absolutley. I don't dabble in it anymore, but many of my friends do.
I couldn't care less if the woman I'm with smoked pot ... as long as she doesn't mind me leaving the toliet seat up on occassions ...
 Irreverent Lass
Msg: 812
Posted: 6/27/2007 3:17:38 PM
I don't want someone around me that smokes pot because I would want it too. And I don't WANT to want it. That's all.

I don't judge people that smoke it. Where I'm from (hometown, not Vancouver), most of the city admins have been spotted coming out of smoke filled bathrooms - half my friends have plants in their livingrooms. It's really not that big of a deal aside from that pesky legal thing... But I think alcohol is more destructive.

I am personally not into pot because it makes me eat like an utter PIG and gets me all agoraphobic and hyper paranoid.

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is what I call UN-fun.
 An Acronym
Msg: 813
Posted: 6/27/2007 7:16:28 PM

I am personally not into pot because it makes me eat like an utter PIG and gets me all agoraphobic and hyper paranoid.

^^ Have a friend who quit exactly for those reasons, with a racing heart, perspiration, etc on top. But he smoked for years without any side effects. Our bodies can be amazing at telling us when to cease something.
 showmehow2live
Msg: 814
Posted: 6/27/2007 8:32:41 PM
Ha well here is my experience in that department. I am going to enlist in the Army Reserves as an MP, an become a cop after college, now keep that in mind as I tell you this... So one day I get home, an this girl I know, I didnt like her, or rather was not attracted to her. Sure she was pretty, about 5`5 115 pounds, long dark hair. Gorgeous, but I had heard some crazy rumors about her, shed come to school higher than a kite, an she sat right behind me in class an I could tell when she was stoned out of her wits. She always bragged about how drunk an ****ed up she got the night before, and how she tried to hook up with some guy an what not. Well one day I get home an she sends me a random myspace message tellin me how good lookin I am an wants to know if Id like to go out with her. I thought about what I had heard about her, the contests she hold with her friends at parties seein who can get laid first an what not, the drunken intercourse shed have, the fact she had to take an EPT test at 14.... Yes an EPT test at 14 when she lost her virginity... I thought, an contemplated. I figured alright, whatever Ill give it a shot an see if I cant set her straight, she had the potential to be a good person. Well all went well for a month or so, an then I had it with her antics, an quit talkin to her. Bein the kind an caring person I am I called her up one day, an we chit chatted and she wanted to give it another shot, well I am out of town until August working, and she tells me the next day that she found a boyfriend, after she just told me that when I get back she wanted to go out with me. I called her out on her just using me and she was cowardly enough to not reply back to me haha. I was pissed off that I didnt listen to my friends about her, an looked like a idiot. So take this as a warning to someone about to go out with a pothead, they are not worth it, an idiots in the first place for doing the shit.... Unless you to are a pot smoker, then dont bother with them...
 BengalLuvr
Msg: 815
view profile
History
Posted: 6/28/2007 9:49:10 AM
Wow! I'm amazed at how many people feel so strongly about this. Seems to me there are a lot worse crimes going on in this world than a little toking.
 Jupiter53
Msg: 816
Posted: 7/1/2007 12:12:39 AM
Thank you Raven for post 20... and 21

You can speak for me on this subject any time...

When I first went to college (after dropping out of high school from boredom) I was taking night classes at the local CC. Most of the people in my Sociology class were adults with just a couple of 'us kids' in our 20's. There was one guy who consistently 'blew the doors off' everybody else in the class. This guys thoughts and comments were amazing and everybody agreed he was as important to the class as our professor who was a Phd from India. Well the last night after 3 terms, we'd taken our finals and a friend and I were hanging out with him outside and he lit up and offered us a toke. I didn't smoke at the time for 'religious' reasons but didn't mind he did. Turned out he would smoke a joint both before class and during the breaks as well. He was 'wasted' ( yeah right!) the entire time!... That had as much a shift in my perspective as anything I'd ever ingested... and back in the 70's..... I ingested.

That said not everyone can handle pot just as not everyone can handle booze. Still given my choice I'll take room number 1 thank you very much.
 katica_kat
Msg: 817
Posted: 7/1/2007 1:00:23 AM
I won't have anything to do with anyone who smokes that shit or does any kind of drugs...crime shit and so forth...

I am in the middle of studies for a career that aims to lower criminal activities... ...so anyone that thinks it is ok...well stay away from moi...thank you very much !!
 piscespower
Msg: 818
Posted: 7/1/2007 8:40:54 AM
Thanks Raven1 and MichealJustin. You got my support!!!!

There is so much worse than smokin a doobie.
I'm sick of people thinking that they are better than others than smoke.
What a bunch if misinformed and ignorant retards, you're also boring as hell.....
I'll bet your house is a wreck, you are in financial mess and live out of your means. It's okay to drink, right? But hell no to pot???????? Screw you!!

I'm successful, creative, happy, financially comfortable and never been in trouble.
All the pompous jerkwads can kiss my pot-luvin ass. I'm sick of this friggin' site and all the snobs in it. I'm happy to stay single.....at least I can die a happy woman than miserable and drunk. or with a drunk.

*Lights up a huge BONE* ahhhhhh...
ROCK ON fellow Chronics!!!!! ROCK ON!!!!!
 piscespower
Msg: 819
Posted: 7/1/2007 8:42:57 AM
Oh and by the way to all that don't want anything to do with us.......Thank you!!!!!
We don't want anything to do with you either.
 Polly Wog
Msg: 820
Posted: 7/2/2007 6:44:44 AM
Being a pot-smoker I find there's a lot of negative stereotypes associated with it that don't always pan out. We all know the archetypal pothead....pick ur movie/tv show character, but we're not all like that.

As for the brain cells wasting away....well I have a 4.0 at the graduate studies level, on dean's list, close to graduating with a masters, etc etc. I work more than one job and am able to keep my shit together.

Some people look at the world with rose tinted glasses, I look at the pot smoking as wearing green tinted glasses.

As for the question can a relationship between and toker and a non-toker work? Of course, but it can go both ways. As long as both sides are open, honest and understanding of the others perspective, things can work out.

Would you judge me as harshly if I said I went to clubs and/or drank a lot??
 pujakama
Msg: 821
Posted: 7/2/2007 4:52:34 PM
I couldnt help but get a laugh out of some of these answers, especially the folks who logged in to say things like this...

someone elses IDIOTIC choices.

they are not worth it, an idiots in the first place for doing the shit

Here is a list of other people, much smarter than yourself who made that "idiotic" choice.

Carl Sagan.

Louis Armstrong.

Groucho Marx

Bill Gates.

John Lennon.

George Washington.

Theres plenty more, enough to choke the proverbial horse and all of them are quite above your judgement in labeling them idiots.

If you dare to see what other heroes of world history were doing this"idiotic" thing, you can check them out at...

http://www.veryimportantpotheads.com/main1.html

Or

http://www.slatts.fsworld.co.uk/famous.htm

I can't stand anyone who uses illegal drugs

Really? Didnt you say in your profile that you were a christian? Do you dare peek into christs own connection to mary-jane?

http://www.equalrights4all.org/religious/bible.htm

http://www.neonjoint.com/articles/jesus.html

http://www.cannabisculture.com/backissues/cc11/christ.html

http://www.cannabis.net/articles/jesus-cannabis.html

Some facts to dispel YOUR idiocy, enjoy.

J
 Irreplaceable`
Msg: 822
Posted: 7/2/2007 5:55:26 PM
I have been with men who smoke weed. My preference would be that they don't smoke it or do any drugs for that matter. I guess if I had to pick one habit it would be smoking weed beats a coke/crack head any day! Just prefer a non smoker, since thats who I am. I don't smoke cigarettes,weed or do any drugs. I do like to drink every now and then and its a social thing.

If this is a Man I feel I have a future with, which if I'm past dating him and moved on to a serious relationship, I look at it in the future sense and the what if's come to mind..... What if... I had kids and him smoking would maybe encourage our children to do it cause well Dad does it! Not cool unless he smoked the weed away from home but really that spoils the fun for him lol it becomes punishment hmm ya maybe then he would quit? I just want someone like me with the same ideals! So pot smokers yeah they're usually a toss up if I consider you, you've must have done something that Wow'd me to cover up that negative trait.

The men I've been with who did smoke weed never forced it on me so thats something I was able to tolerate. We got along great especially after he had his skilf lmao!
 Jupiter53
Msg: 823
Posted: 7/3/2007 4:39:50 PM
I know this is slightly off the original intention of this thread but this just in from the UCLA researcher who the government has sited for its case that Marijuana causes Lung cancer

The largest study of its kind has unexpectedly concluded that smoking marijuana, even regularly and heavily, does not lead to lung cancer.

The new findings "were against our expectations," said Dr. Donald Tashkin, a UCLA pulmonologist who has studied marijuana for 30 years.

"We hypothesized that there would be a positive association between marijuana use and lung cancer and that the association would be more positive with heavier use," he said. "What we found instead was no association at all, and even a suggestion of some protective effect."

Federal health and drug enforcement officials have widely used Tashkin's previous work on marijuana to make the case that the drug is dangerous. Tashkin said that while he still believes marijuana is potentially harmful, its cancer-causing effects appear to be of less concern than previously thought.

Earlier work established that marijuana does contain cancer-causing chemicals as potentially harmful as those in tobacco, he said. However, marijuana also contains the chemical THC, which he said may kill aging cells and keep them from becoming cancerous.

Tashkin's study, funded by the National Institutes of Health's National Institute on Drug Abuse, involved 1,200 people in Los Angeles who had lung, neck or head cancer and an additional 1,040 people without cancer matched by age, sex and neighborhood.

They were all asked about their lifetime use of marijuana, tobacco and alcohol. The heaviest marijuana smokers had lit up more than 22,000 times, while moderately heavy usage was defined as smoking 11,000 to 22,000 marijuana cigarettes. Tashkin found that even the very heavy marijuana smokers showed no increased incidence of the three cancers studied.

"This is the largest case-control study ever done, and everyone had to fill out a very extensive questionnaire about marijuana use," he said. "Bias can creep into any research, but we controlled for as many confounding factors as we could, and so I believe these results have real meaning."
 sassyaquarius
Msg: 824
Posted: 7/3/2007 4:47:35 PM
As I stated earlier, smoking pot can also cause psychosis and draw out any latent mental illness.. good times
 piscespower
Msg: 825
Posted: 7/5/2007 8:40:16 AM
Good times, indeed.
Psychosis? Mental Illness? Where are you getting this information-crap????
Educate yourself first..........
You bore me............................
Better to do that that hang around with a bunch of barflies and loud pushy women that can't handle one too many cosmo's.

B
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > can non-pot smokers handle pot smokers?