Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 FeistySam
Msg: 1029
can non-pot smokers handle pot smokers?Page 34 of 77    (20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60)
uh... i dont smoke weed so if i were to meet someone and i find out he does... it would def be a reason to stop seeing him. ive been on that road and i have opted to not go thru it any more. just like college. been there, done that, never again.
 p-trishTHEdish
Msg: 1030
can non-pot smokers handle pot smokers?
Posted: 1/10/2008 10:33:41 AM
My point is that, personally, I do see marijuana prohibition as a major social injustice

i was actually not expecting you to seriously admit that you actually equate things like the civil rights movement to your desire to toke up. that you have,, well, theres no reasoning with someone that has reality so askew. you= a generalized term relating to those who partake, not meaning you personally. but since you were so adamently defending it, it would not be so far off base to figure you were speaking in the first person.
just for the record,,, when ms parks didnt give up her seat, yes, she was making a social statement. when asked about it she said initially she was going to just give up the seat, but something in her gut told her not to. so ,, yes she was in fact sitting down for social conciousness and change. that you even remotely equate that to smoking pot is ludicrous.
 BadBoy4204U
Msg: 1031
view profile
History
Posted: 1/10/2008 4:50:00 PM
Raven1, just want to say you did a very pwerful post!
So good I think I'll fire up my peace pipe! You ROCK!

BadBoy~
 Bethlett
Msg: 1033
Posted: 1/25/2008 9:41:20 AM
Damn. FORTY ONE PAGES.

I guess Pot is more prevalent than we know.

Did I spell that right?
 CommonMistakes
Msg: 1034
Posted: 1/25/2008 9:49:48 AM

i like to think of myself as fairly open minded and so when i met a guy for the first date he told me that he smoked pot more than fags

You must be English , because smoking fags has a whole different meaning North America!!
 User040258
Msg: 1035
view profile
History
Posted: 2/23/2008 1:15:27 AM
So you made your decision that she was intolerable after she got stoned on the second date.
How do you know she wasn't just having a bad day, maybe she was just nervous or something?
It sounds like you were being a bit judgmental. She is probably better off without you.
 User040258
Msg: 1036
view profile
History
Posted: 2/23/2008 1:21:51 AM
You call yourself a "peace" officer, but yet you are anxious and willing to beat someone down, cuff them and throw them in jail for smoking a harmless plant?
The word peace has no place in your statement.
 User040258
Msg: 1039
view profile
History
Posted: 2/23/2008 1:41:33 AM
I agree.
I am 50 years old. I have been smoking pot since I was 13. I have 3 healthy kids. And I have never had any problems holding a job, or paying my bills. I don't owe the bank any money. My kids are well taken care of. I own a small house that is paid off. I don't drink alcohol, or eat commercial processed meat. I grow my own garden, and I grow my own pot.
People that are so judgmental about pot will go out drinking on the weekends, and eat shit food like McDonalds are more ****ed up in the head than most pot smokers. Because pot smokers have a more natural sense of reality, and are more open to new ideas.
These anti-pot people are same type of sheeple that elected Dubya Bush, and beleive the lies about the war on terror, and the war on drugs.
To bad these uptight brainwashed sheeple don't smoke weed, maybe we wouldn't be on the verge of ww3, and the western world economy on the verge of collapse.
Now watch. these same people will be outraged by my post and attack me, instead of being open minded and try and learn the truth.
 vibrant1
Msg: 1040
Posted: 2/23/2008 3:03:30 AM
This post has had a long life.
There are actually to many issues and angles to argue under this umbrella .
Many of them need to be separated into different forums.
Medical Use
Drinking vs Puffing
The Governments Role
Industrial Hemp
Laws and Sentencing
sure there are even a few more.
Also it shouldnt get personal you can express your point more clearly .
 janmichell
Msg: 1041
view profile
History
Posted: 2/23/2008 3:34:43 AM
Hi there,
I just separated from a daily user of pot for 27 years and hey they can have real issues that affect their surrounding families, some rather devasting. The problem lies in it is really escapism and not being in touch with our emotions.
Emotions are a huge part of who we are. An occassioal social smoker is a different deal and can work, but many are secretive and say they are only a social smoker as they are in denial with themselves.Moderation is always the key and being in control and being honest with ourselves first. Overuse does promote laziness and stop us fulfilling ambitions and projects which then impact our lives.
My perspective from being a codependant was not a good one, but I'm talking about very long term and more than once every single day and night, and denying it.
 QuiteOrdinary
Msg: 1042
Posted: 2/23/2008 5:56:22 AM
drugs are bad mmmmk
 forum101
Msg: 1043
view profile
History
Posted: 2/23/2008 6:30:00 AM
No. I am not even friends with pot smokers. I dont do it, they know I dont, and if any of my friends do smoke it, they dont tell me, cause I wouldnt have them/it in my home, or around my children. With my job, I cannot be associated with anything illegal.
 fish1999
Msg: 1044
Posted: 2/23/2008 11:07:05 AM
Regarding the message regarding driving stoned - there are means to detect drugs in drivers. There's already a breathalizer that will detect numerous narcotics (and there's always blood tests). Most police forces don't get them as they don't feel there's enough activity to warrant the cost (as they're in less demand, they're considerably more expensive).

But, back to the topic. Last woman I dated enjoyed smoking pot. I don't have a problem with it. Myself, haven't touched any of it since I was in my teens.

Pot is actually a lot less harmful than either alcohol or even tobacco, so I really don't understand people being in moral opposition to it (but, again, we're all products of our environment...different experiences invoke different perspectives).
 angelheart3
Msg: 1046
Posted: 2/23/2008 11:53:23 AM

Enough with the "harmless plant", "it's natural" comments. Opium is natural, as is tobacco, poison ivy and lots of other dangerous and unhealthy plants. Crap is natural too but I certainly would light it on fire and shove it in my mouth!

Personally, I find nothing remotely attractive from a relationship perspective about someone who functions in an altered state of mind (i.e. high) as the result of using substances that are not medically warranted. It's not a question for me of "handling" a pot smoker, more a choice not to associate myself with a pot smoker. They are quite free to "handle" themselves.
 vibrant1
Msg: 1047
Posted: 2/24/2008 2:49:32 AM
Just for a laugh
Can Pot Smokers Handle Non-Pot Smokers
And the old
Reality is for people who cant handle drugs
 Mr. Mysterious
Msg: 1048
Posted: 2/24/2008 2:52:28 AM
I left pot smoking in high school.
 nottaprincess
Msg: 1049
Posted: 2/24/2008 3:06:47 AM
I married a pot smoker...when I was very young and at that time I had more tolerance for it. I didn't do pot, but I was at an age where it didn't bother me. As we had kids, and I grew up, he didn't. He used the stuff more and more and it strained our marriage. His 'dry mouth' made me not want to kiss him, and the general smell of a pot smoker is a real turn off...so, for me it is now a deal breaker!

C'est la vie! :)
 angelheart3
Msg: 1050
Posted: 2/24/2008 4:07:47 AM
I grew up, he didn't

Precisely. Although even as a teen, I was not part of "that crowd" being an observer and not a partaker, however I was much more tolerant and accepting of those that "experimented" as they were me. A bit hard to miss comparatively by observation then and over the course of my life that there is a disparity in the level of maturity (as a general observation, not accounting for individualities) between pot-smokers and non-pot smokers. The more sustained the imbibing, the more obvious the disparity.

EDIT: I too married a former pot smoker many years ago. He was actually on probation for getting caught toking in his vehicle when we began dating. While he was no longer imbibing as such, the pervasive "zone-out", not to mention memory deficits, immaturity ergot inability to effectively handle life stuff that happens and more were contributory to the demise of the marriage. On an emotional level, it was in effect like he was stoned all the time although he in fact wasn't. Even to this day (we are still friends - NOT FWB), he attributes a lot of his difficulties to prolonged and pervasive pot use. He still functioned, sustained employment with the county in the same job for decades now. But, even with the best of intentions. could not follow through with execution on many levels. Very intelligent individual, remains impaired on maturity level as well as self-motivation levels even though it has been roughly 19 years or so since he smoked pot.

green042
Msg: 1052
view profile
History
Posted: 7/7/2008 5:40:32 PM
Wow I finally get to post a response. I came across this thread while looking for other things. However I got sucked up and read the whole thing. 44 pages and over 1100 posts.

After all of that I had to create a profile just to put my two cents in. First let me state that I am a heavy pot smoker. On my profile it says prefer not to say, so I am not lying.

So many different view points, and a lot of people with pertinent things to say. So many people made me laugh, and quite a few made me annoyed.

There are too many people who fervently and eloquently defended my intoxicant of choice, that I wanted to give props to. I wanted to acknowledge the people who strung a cord in my soul. How ever I decided not to because I wanted all the people who will view this forum in the future to go back and read and form their own opinions. How ever all of you who defended; I salute you and will march proudly with you at my back.

The only thing that I wanted to say was to all the female potheads, Thank You. You have given me hope that really are girls who share my love of herb, and that eventually I will find one who will be interested in me too. I have never been with someone who smoked even close to what I do, and I would love to have the opportunity to try it out.javascript:smilie('')

And lastly, the conclusions that I drew while reading this forum.

1. While there are always exceptions to the rule, generally non-pot smokers and pot smokers do not seem to mesh very well in a relationship.

2. If they do try to make it work, the heavier the pot smoker, the less likely the relationship with a non-smoker will work.

Thank you all and remember that we are all equal under the eyes of the Great Green Goddess, so pass the piece and keep on Toking
 dancecard
Msg: 1053
view profile
History
Posted: 7/7/2008 5:51:27 PM
It's rare to find someone that can cop a buzz and keep up ~

usally the conversation goes south ~ Willie Nelson and a few others being the exception

The giggles are harder to reach with passing

Dance
 joe56215
Msg: 1055
Posted: 7/7/2008 9:26:08 PM
no....for a couple of reasons.....1....most chronic pot smokers are under achievers...not very motivated, lazy...dont have alot of ambition...(except to load another bowl)....do you want me to keep going???....lol
 nebula22
Msg: 1056
Posted: 7/8/2008 6:36:06 AM
I know people from all over the world.. Pot smokers and non-smokers ..
It makes no difference which they are as it is their attitudes and education that make them a good person or a bad person.
I have seen people think and perform while stoned and rarely seen anyone do that while drinking.
People should be free to think for themselves in all countries.
But unfortunately there will allways be Kings and Queens who will blind your eyes and steal your dreams. It's heaven and hell.

Anyone who is narrow minded will not get a chance to be with me no matter if they smoke , drink , or do nothing at all..
You cannot argue with an a$$hole or a brain dead person no more than you can make America a free country again or raise the dead.
 brownie360
Msg: 1057
view profile
History
Posted: 8/27/2008 5:04:49 AM
smoking ANYTHING is a definate DEAL BREAKER for me.
 notthesameoldthing
Msg: 1058
view profile
History
Posted: 8/27/2008 5:18:17 AM
I am 100% positive that you have chatted with many a pot smoker...100%. As for Me, I spoke the chron, no question. Have since I wasa 15, except fron 26-30, when I sold crack in E. LA. Stopped the bad stuff, still smoke weed daily...Medical, sometimes. Recreational, mostly. No real health issue. Am considerate of other always. Make 6 figures annualy, have young kids, I'm on the PTO, coach baseball, own a home, am self-employed...No one know, except the 'experienced' peeps...An NO, don't know where to get any...lol
 Rational_man
Msg: 1059
Posted: 8/27/2008 5:19:48 AM
Actually I think a room full of drunks is far more an accident waiting to happen then a room full of pot users.The most that would happen there is they would send out for a pizza.Lighten up you hypocrites who drink.Your "Drug" of choice is FAR more dangerous.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >