Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > can non-pot smokers handle pot smokers?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 sassyaquarius
Msg: 876
can non-pot smokers handle pot smokers?Page 36 of 77    (22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62)

ps..i would rather be crazy than not knowing who my freinds and family are.lol
Yes, it must have been my stereotypical attitude against men with long hair

Please.
 michaeljustin
Msg: 877
view profile
History
can non-pot smokers handle pot smokers?
Posted: 7/12/2007 4:40:23 PM
you must have been,..roll your eyes all you want..if you dont believe me..fine..my job and pee test believe me and thats all that matters..lol

all i was doing was posting the good things it does for folks..i dont mind diffrent options. but dont call me a lier just cause i said..i would rather be crazy than no mind at all..lol.
please.

ps. your jumping to conclusions a little to fast about me i think..lol and by original post i meaning one i made on this thread a month or more ago..it clearly states my preference.

this website shows the good and bads without much bias..it even mentions DSM IV. http://www.cosmosmagazine.com/node/1441

sassyaquarius
Msg: 878
Posted: 7/12/2007 6:13:10 PM
^^ I wasn't implying that you are lying, just that I don't have a stereotypical view of men with long hair. I also didn't mean to assume as to whether you do smoke pot, but some of your comments made me think you did. I stand corrected :)
 strats4
Msg: 879
Posted: 7/23/2007 9:27:17 AM
The question is can pot smokers handle non smokers who think pot is no good ,but think alcohol is just great.Who would ya rather hang out with someone who drinks or someone who smokes a bit and doesnt drink?Drinking is fine but ppl who drink too much
 vahbsc
Msg: 880
Posted: 7/23/2007 9:35:23 AM
it isn't a big deal. cocaine is...
 Joquer
Msg: 881
view profile
History
Posted: 7/23/2007 10:11:42 AM
i use to smoke a lot, back home its practically legal... so its like if someone doesnt smoke, then i dont smoke around them... or if im going to see them (so i dont see them when i am high) but by all means, i dont hide it from them...

a lot of guys i date now smoke and they are always nice enough to ask if its ok if they smoke around meh (i dont care if they do)... now if they were doing something like crack *lol* we would have not only issues but the end of a relationship...

i guess i dont consider pot as a deal breaker drug...
 kmb8080
Msg: 882
view profile
History
Posted: 7/23/2007 10:29:08 AM
Ya, it takes a intelligent person to take a drug that is "quite theraputic" when they are in a health condition.

As for being sheep, aw ..did you some how randomly on your own decide to smoke a marijuana leaf, or did someone lead you to it and show you how to do it. To not what to have smoke blown in your face is a human reaction, and smoking pot is a learn behavior, so you should watch who you are bbbbaaaaing at.

and just for the record

smoking = bad
pot = bad
drinking = bad

comparing one to the other is mindless
 medana
Msg: 883
Posted: 7/23/2007 12:40:22 PM

I wouldn't sink to chatting with a pot smoker, let alone date them.

mmmmm... and how exactly would u know??? u would have to CHAT to find out, now wouldnt you, which contradicts ur statement

medana
Msg: 884
Posted: 7/23/2007 12:44:32 PM

nice bias decision on my long hair

i have a long hair fetish... i guess thats discrimination

jesus had it, all i gotta say... so did leonardo da vinci, john lennon, and yes, even brandon lee! they couldnt all be wrong!

he he he
 oceanfront
Msg: 885
Posted: 7/23/2007 1:03:40 PM
I know plenty of couples where one does and one doesnt so I think it depends on how interested you are in dating that person. If highly interested in that person I think you would overlook it. Hey everybody has their faults. If someone doesnt want to date you because you smoke pot I think thats just a lame excuse. I dont do it personally but have tried it and I would rather my date smoke pot than overindulge in Alcohol any day.
 chillmommy02
Msg: 886
Posted: 7/23/2007 1:10:20 PM
why should it matter? So what, u smoke dope, could b worse, could b a crackhead, or a drunk. Pot smokers are usually pretty mellow people, and as long as you maintain your life and do what u gotta do, it's all good:) Happy 420 in about 5 minutes..
 XoticDeeva
Msg: 887
Posted: 7/23/2007 5:55:14 PM
I don't have anything against smokers of pot or whatever else they may smoke, but 2 answer the OP's question, by me being a non pot, cigarette or anything else smoker, those who do are a non preference 4 me as far as a relationship is concerned.
 romantictech
Msg: 888
view profile
History
Posted: 7/23/2007 6:34:05 PM
Wow. It's saddening to see people with such closed minds like this. "Sink to chatting with a pot smoker..."? What planet are you from? While I don't enjoy crack pipes, alcoholics and others who choose to do things to extreme I wouldn't exclude someone from conversation because they either had a problem or chose to do something I wouldn't. It's close-mindedness like this that causes bad feelings and quite frankly war. Just because someone is different from you doesn't mean you don't have anything to learn from them.
 Kell.
Msg: 889
Posted: 7/23/2007 6:56:11 PM
I don't know I hate close minded people who complain about pot smokers. I think people are best to check out the FDA's website and see that the only negative effect for people who smoke pot is that the myelin sheath at the endings of our nerves (a fatty acid that helps conduct electric stimulis through our nervous system) anyhow this can be worn down and some people can develop shakiness in old age as our nervous system isn't quite what it was. If you are looking at FDA's site look for experimentation on rhesus monkeys.
Now with the former said if someone takes breaks from it every once in a while then our bodies are completely capable of recovering.
Anyhow it bugs me that pot is even considered a drug with things floating around like strawberry flavored crystal meth. I only know about that from a friendly email. Hells yeah there is a huge difference between people who smoke pot and people that smoke crack, meth or any other hard chemical.
I don't care if someone smokes pot.....I do care if some ignorant **stard wants to try to change my behavior though. I.e. I am ten to one hundred times better behaved when I smoke pot as opposed to drinking.
Kell.
 michaeljustin
Msg: 890
view profile
History
Posted: 7/23/2007 9:47:57 PM

i have a long hair fetish... i guess thats discrimination

hehe,,i wont get upset about that one..hehe
 brunettescanread
Msg: 891
Posted: 7/26/2007 1:58:12 AM
id like to say good job Darkest

u said exactly what i was thinking reading this thread
i clearly state in my profile as well that im a lover of the herb, would rather puff than drink
i have NO problems here because of that
im sick of people saying its bad all the time, again the narrow-mindedness is blinding
go outside your comfort zone...take a chance on not doing what u were taught to do, but what u WANT to do
herbalicious for life!

carlcraig
Msg: 892
Posted: 7/26/2007 2:28:11 PM
god made weed, man made alcohol, who do you trust?

nothing constructive to say so i thought id say that
 ~Anicca~
Msg: 893
Posted: 7/26/2007 5:48:19 PM
Some things are okay, in moderation...alcohol is no less evil a drug in the destruction it causes than pot...not to defend or go against anyone's personal opinion, or any drug in particular...but having been an acute psych nurse for awhile now, I can only comment on what appears to be a growing trend coming into emergency and ending up in acute psychiatry. Young people with no other drugs in their system, coming in psychotic under the influence of pot. Surely there are quite a few drugs that the average pee test does not cover. But take that pee test and the collateral from the patient and friends and family of the patient that they only use THC, and you do have a growing concern.

Whether pot brings helps to initiate the first psychotic break, or whether it is the mental illness alone...who really knows. Kind of the same quandry we were in in the 60's with LSD and schizophrenic first breaks.

A lot of young THC users that frequent the acute care system also have bipolar disorder, or are diagnosed with it down the line, some having been to treatment and clean, some who are still using.

It is a little frightening. You would not think that THC alone could cause psychosis, but it is showing up more and more in our emergency rooms. Some that come in psychotic on THC never end up being diagnosed with mental illness.

It is just something to think about, while some are busy promoting that pot is better than, or the choice of drugs amongst drugs. THC is an hallucinogen. The strength of current marijuana I don't have to go into to anyone who has used in the past and may use now. It is not harmless, especially to those who appear to have a family history of and/or a genetic predisposition to mental illness.

I don't need a book to quote. I see it every day.
 cieloflafla
Msg: 894
Posted: 7/26/2007 8:56:09 PM
Never tried it, never will and would not date anyone who uses it!

cielo
 Melinda55
Msg: 895
Posted: 7/29/2007 6:54:05 PM
I wouldn't be with anyone that smokes it now, although it has no permanent effects on a person(from what I know), it makes a stupid person act even dumber at the time of smoking it, sorry, but true. I've smoked it plenty, not in a long time though, quit talking about it, I might take it up again, lol, sorry, couldn't resist.
 mimi1230
Msg: 896
view profile
History
Posted: 7/29/2007 8:27:09 PM
I think it's the same... you might as well say judgement!
Smokers vs. non smokers, drunks (social or otherwise) vs. non drunks, partiers vs. homebodies, pot-heads vs .non, right way vs. my way...
If the one who doesn't CAN allow the one who does the freedom, then you've got it made! Otherwise the one who doesn't is trying to impose his own beliefs on the one who does. And that's not acceptance. Oh, btw, this goes vice versa too!
 funluvinbootscootin
Msg: 897
Posted: 8/3/2007 8:17:46 PM
well im a non-pot smoker and i can't handle pot smokers simply based on their habit. simple. i think it falls down to what peoples values and standards are and if (by their perosnal definition - please take this without *judgement*) their partner (who in my definition of a healthy relationship would share the same values & standards) has ones that undermine or dont support those of their own then they are selling themselves short. happens all the time. of course couples arent going to agree on everything - or have differences in some areas - so it just comes down to how concerte or malleible those beliefs are or what theyre willing to put up with. i think a drug (and i dont say drug lightly) habit or addiction is quite serious and can be damaging to a relationship where the same views / habits (or lack of) arent shared.
 hayleejo
Msg: 898
Posted: 8/3/2007 8:28:19 PM
personally, I do not wanna be around it or be involved with a man that partakes.. I do not agree with its use.. but that is my preference..I am actually constantly amazed at the number of people that use it..
 Tattooed-Tart
Msg: 899
Posted: 8/3/2007 11:25:49 PM
ok, first of all Raven thank - you for saying what you said!!! The world would be a better place if more people like you were in it.

I only have a few things to say, first im not going to type here how smart I am or my accomplisments or lack thereof while being a pot smoker, because im hoping that is has already been established and people realize you are not stupid just because you toke.

I have been very ill for almost 5 years, I have had surgery, taken a total of 4000$ a month for some time in meds(thank god it was covered) and none of those things has done for me what smoking a joint does!!! I was unable to work for the last two years due to my med probs and this was after surgery and while on medication!!!!

I am now back to work and finally getting my life back, due to the fact I can smoke pot!!!!

I think its unfair what alot of you are saying on here!!!! you have no idea the hell I have been through, and to tell me "u wouldnt sink that low to even talk to me" or "im a burnout" "immature" "loser"
I could go on and on.
pot has literally saved my life!!!
im active, im intelligent and in no way shape or form do I feel I derserve this "stereotype" people have given every single pot smoker!!!
have all you haters talked to every single person out there who smokes or has ever smoked a joint??? I highly doubt it!!! dont make opinions/decisions unless they are well informed and by your attitudes and words I can clearly tell they are not.

so next time you want to go around judging and assuming, keep in the back of your mind that old lady on the buss may only be there cause she can toke, or that aids/cancer patient has hung on another day because of that joint!!!

I can but I cant believe the close mindedness and just plain rudeness of people out there.
you should be ashamed of yourselves and take a good long hard look in the mirror, because you are internalizing alot of hate and taking it out on the wrong people!!!!

Im a stronger and better functioning person because I smoke!!!
so stick that in your pipe and smoke it, cause you people need to chill!!!!
p.s if you dont like and or agree with pot smoking thats fine, but let it be for the right reasons........
 Tattooed-Tart
Msg: 900
Posted: 8/3/2007 11:30:22 PM
lmao Raven, I would love the oppurtuntiy to talk with you one on one some time lol and thats not a line ha ha

im going to put my msn addy here because well If i dont want some one on my contact list ill do the smart thing and not accept them lol even though apparently Im rather stupid for being a toker, I dont know how ill ever manage.....

Email address removed
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > can non-pot smokers handle pot smokers?