Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Aries0328
Msg: 1085
can non-pot smokers handle pot smokers?Page 36 of 77    (22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62)

God himself made it.

that is the worst argument on the planet :-)

How about,
"The results of our triple blind study are..."

Cyanide is natural as well. Don't really wanna go smokin that now do ya! Oh wait... isn't that found in cigarette smoke also... Ok... Some mushrooms are not magic :-)
 Dean Moriarty
Msg: 1086
can non-pot smokers handle pot smokers?
Posted: 9/6/2008 8:37:18 AM
I think we have a consensus here, divided into cohorts.

Some non-pot smokers can not tolerate pot smokers in their lives.

Some non-pot smokers can tolerate pot smokers under prescribed conditions.

There are a variety of reasons given for not liking pot smokers. Most of them involve broad generalizations that only apply to the excesses of stupid people, and certainly not to many others. Pot is liked by many and may provide inspiration, relaxation, and even therapeutic benefits, but just like sugar, chocolate, alcohol and cigarrettes, can be abused. While pot abuse may be deleterious, it causes far less severe negative effects than alcohol, cigarrettes and even overeating.
 -jack86-
Msg: 1087
Posted: 9/6/2008 8:51:48 AM
it depends on the effect marajuianna has on the person who's smoking it and on the feelings of the non smoker towards marajuana and being in a relationship with someone who chooses to smoke it.
 HarleyKat~
Msg: 1088
Posted: 9/6/2008 8:55:17 AM
Aries....good point on the thread revival versus redundant thread, issue!

You wanna know what's sad?
All the people who knock pot.

Get 2 people.
One who's drunk
One who's stoned on pot.

No...what is REALLY sad are people who cannot accept that others just do not care to be around pot. I can be in a room that someone smoked weed in a couple hours earlier, and have a sinus reaction, as well as a contact buzz. I do not like a pot buzz...it makes me sloppy, paranoid, ("Did I just say that...or did I THINK about saying it?!") and is unpleasant for me. I often wonder what I ever got out of it when I DID do it!

But also, let's compare apples to apples, instead of oranges. Instead of using alcohol, cigarettes, etc....how about comparing pot to meth or acid or some other illegal drug? It makes no difference to me that it was ONCE natural (ever see the sh1t they lace with weed?) or that it is the "tamer" of the drugs. It makes no difference if YOU think it SHOULD be legal. It makes no difference that alcohol and cigs do more harm. IT IS FREAKING ILLEGAL...and until it IS legal, I choose to not be around it.

I don't judge YOU for doing it...I just don't want to be in your presence of such. Can I have the same respect?
 *in*spired
Msg: 1089
Posted: 9/6/2008 1:13:03 PM
How many of you (rhetorical show of hands here please) would dig a nice big hole, really, a big hole in the ground and not perform some adequate warning about it's existence, even erect barricades, so others would not fall into it?

ok, so here we go: Would you agree that people have a social responsibility in that we influence and effect other people of all ages? While it's true, in my opinion, that a few will escape troubles that pot can and does provide, there are plenty of people who will likely suffer from it's use, because of it's use by some; being an example. Pot effects people differently.

Some people will fight to their death to protect their right to use pot and offer the idea that anyone who smokes it doesn't have to do it because it's their choice. Sure, of course it's a choice made by each person, but why ignore that people learn from each other? Especially kids, are vulnerable to debilitating effects of pot when used before age 25 as they develop mentally. Going through puberty under the influence is very dangerous for a child. Many pot users are parents with children approaching the age where they may experiment. When a person fully recognizes and understands social responsibility, they will then contend with how their behavior influences others.

I am not only speaking of children here, but rather people with a weak countenance as well. There are plenty of people who have had a problem with pot, and often times serious in nature, that would like to somehow use it again but avoid the difficulties they once had. They do have a struggle wrestling with the pot usage issue. Some users take a stand that is, to dig a hole, and whenever someone falls into it will say, "What an idiot!" , or "It's your fault for not watching where you were going!" Basically, in simple terms, you're saying you do not care, I can do whatever I want and it's every man for himself.

To end, it's funny when a parent who's a cigarette smoker finds their child smoking and says, "Don't do as I do, do as I say!" ....this applies elsewhere for sure.

Put this in your bong and smoke it!
 mogrl42
Msg: 1090
view profile
History
Posted: 9/6/2008 1:26:23 PM
I can`t handle it,never could and never will.Tried it for 8 long years.Actually ,the only time we got along was when he was stoned out of his mind.Not something I wanted to live with for the rest of my life.There is a point in your life when its time to grow up.
 1FunGi
Msg: 1091
Posted: 9/6/2008 1:34:32 PM
It intrigues me that most people are more accepting of alcohol than pot. Legality aside, anyone who's had regular experience with both knows that alcohol is the much more dangerous substance.
 Vannili
Msg: 1092
view profile
History
Posted: 9/6/2008 1:53:26 PM
I don't think I can handle pot smokers,especially they are on a"trip". I don't really care for any cigarrette smokers it makes me cough when I am around them.
 1FunGi
Msg: 1093
Posted: 9/6/2008 2:01:22 PM
"Sorry but some (probably most) of society is comprised of nothing but sheep, FOLLOWERS amongst the herd. Followers that are brain washed by Governments and Media."

You hit the nail on the head. It amazes me how otherwise intelligent people are willing to let their government provide them with a point of view rather than develop one on their own. The only reason pot is illegal and alcohol isn't is that the latter is our legislators' drug of choice.
 Nnannaimmo
Msg: 1094
Posted: 9/6/2008 2:09:53 PM
that's awesome :) I think that is a good idea!
 Nnannaimmo
Msg: 1095
Posted: 9/6/2008 2:11:08 PM
Okay that didn't work as planned.

I think what is awesome is what one person posted about pof having a question,
something like

Pot smoker
a) chronic
b)socially
c) rarely
d) no, freak about it

:) :)
 1FunGi
Msg: 1096
Posted: 9/6/2008 2:43:51 PM
"No, why would we want to be around some zoned out idiot, spilling bong water all over everything, getting the cat stoned, and eating all the food. Woo-Hoo Pot is cool; gimme a break. "

Yet drinking "socially" and having a "good glass of wine" (read two or three sometimes, I'm sure) is completely acceptable to you. Why? Because you were told so by your legislators.
 LaidBare
Msg: 1097
Posted: 9/7/2008 5:23:46 AM
I dated a pot-head and started smoking with him. At first he tried to get his ass off his couch to do things, but after a few weeks it was both of us sitting there for months on end staring at his TV. Never went out, never had a date, relationship never advanced. We just sat there like that for 7 months in a trance until I woke up to myself and got rid of his sorry ass. Marijuana is sickening. Turns you into nothing more than a lazy slack ass loser that wastes their life away in a daze.
 carte_blanche69
Msg: 1098
Posted: 9/7/2008 1:23:48 PM
Just a not so simple stanza from a almost thirty year old opera ~~

The Wall (1979) Pink Floyd
In The Flesh ~~ Rodger Waters ..
In The Flesh (Waters) 1:36

So ya
Thought ya
Might like to
Go to the show.
To feel that warm thrill of confusion,
That space cadet glow.
I've got some bad news for you sunshine,
Pink isn't well, he stayed back at the hotel
And they sent us along as a surrogate band
We're gonna find out where you folks really stand.
Are there any queers in the theater tonight?
Get them up against the wall!
There's one in the spotlight, he don't look right to me,
Get him up against the wall!
That one looks Jewish!
And that one's a coon!
Who let all of this riff-raff into the room?
There's one smoking a joint,
And another with spots!
If I had my way,
I'd have all of you shot!

It doesn't matter what period of time we live in ~~~~ prejudice & intolerance is a fact of life.

The idea of individual liberties is all but dead .... We seem to live in a world that denigrates those that are different or chose a different choice or path to reach each of our final destinations.
It's easier to shun them, to compel them to our route or idea of "The Right Way," then to give them a chance to coexist beside us in harmony!
Perhaps we all need someone to look down upon, to feel more secure with what we do.
It seems relatively clear from the latest research that Cannabis, is far less debilitating and harmful than it was presented to be in the thirties & forty's of the previous century ... and does have useful medical purposes, and should, until there is proof that it is irreparably harmful to society, at at the very least, be decriminalized.
sugar causes more damage to our culture every year than marijuana has in the last fifty years ``` if you exclude the immeasurable harm done to those who have been incarcerated for the actions surrounding it .......... More harm has been done by the legal systems & penalties than the drug itself !
I have smoked pot and found it to be far more satisfying than alcohol in every way and were it legal, it would be my drug of choice.
I am not a current smoker
I rarely take a drink, but respect the rights of other, to do so ... and keep alcohol available in my home for guest ... because it is legal and is the drug of choice of most Americans.
I wouldn't keep pot in my home ... not because of its character but because of the overall "Police State" atmosphere that has evolved in the United States resulting in more people in our prisons than any other nation in the world ... with a large percentage drug related.
I would keep pot in my home were it decriminalized.
I recognize that like fine wines there are distinctive differences in connoisseur pots that distinguish them apart and appreciate those differences enough that I would travel to Amsterdam to try them ............ where it was legal.
For the non "pot"aficionados"``` pot is more than just getting high ``` like fine wines, different pots are distinctly different, in flavors & highs, Connoisseur weed is not like the general weed on the streets, more like a great bottle of Chateau Wine ``` instead of Chateau Lafitte .... it may be called New York Diesel, or Willie Nelson ``` but as distinctive in the eyes of the marijuana connoisseur as Chateau Lafitte from a Chateau Haut-Brion ... from a wine taster, we arn't dealing with Ripple or 20/20 folks.
I would prefer to deal with "heads" over drunks ...
And I would make any choices on a individual basis ... and not discriminate by their choice to smoke weed!

just a few years ago each person on this site would have been looked down upon by the majority of society, now you are just part of the mainstream ... how would you like your actions to be crimiaalized?

If you get the point ~~~~ give it a shot ~~~~ Practice a little more tolerance ~~~~ Thats what we all need to coexist ~~~ We All Have Some Spots!
 crispylv1
Msg: 1099
Posted: 9/7/2008 1:45:49 PM
no, it's not fair or practical when one person has a way out of their stress and conflict, and never has to work it out. it dissolves intimacy, because one person still has to be the responsible party all the time. relationship conflicts (there is always something), never get worked out because one person has a pressure-release value.
 aSydneyMale
Msg: 1100
Posted: 9/7/2008 6:13:56 PM

In my experience it is more like can pot smokers handle non pot smokers? :-)

Hit the nail on the head. Many people who can't function without weed don't seem to understand others being happy without it.
 platypus_man
Msg: 1102
view profile
History
Posted: 9/8/2008 5:15:41 AM
I think the hardest thing about being around users is that they always seem to insist that I partake of their habit with them, and when I refuse, they act insulted, as if I said they were trying to poison me, or like there's something wrong with me because I don't need to get high!
That said, if they can handle being around me, I can handle being around them. Live and let live. But if they insist on smoking around me, I reserve the right to wear a dress when around them. Only fair.
 TrinB
Msg: 1103
Posted: 9/8/2008 9:45:32 AM
couple of problems here.......i'm sure you'd agree that if you are a pot smoker and the woman is not well....you wouldn't have much in common....i mean you're sitting around blazin while she's wonderin what the he*l she's doin with you in the first place...on the other side of it is this: what if she quit years ago (herself).....and the mere site or scent of weed drives her crazy.....gives her cravings for the "buzz"....and ends up costing her...her career maybe.... her sanity...hmm and maybe enough her self proclaimed drug free existence.....i believe there are many things (likes and dislikes) a couple can NOT have in common but, this one my friend....

i don't think so!

it's kinda like pairing up an alcoholic with someone who got clean at rehab 10 years ago!
 msusnicknel
Msg: 1104
view profile
History
Posted: 9/8/2008 10:08:05 AM

couple of problems here.......i'm sure you'd agree that if you are a pot smoker and the woman is not well....you wouldn't have much in common....i mean you're sitting around blazin while she's wonderin what the he*l she's doin with you in the first place...on the other side of it is this: what if she quit years ago (herself).....and the mere site or scent of weed drives her crazy.....gives her cravings for the "buzz"....and ends up costing her...her career maybe.... her sanity...hmm and maybe enough her self proclaimed drug free existence.....i believe there are many things (likes and dislikes) a couple can NOT have in common but, this one my friend....

i don't think so!

it's kinda like pairing up an alcoholic with someone who got clean at rehab 10 years ago!

Okay, now that is just plain silly. By your argument, I can't date anyone who drinks alcohol, as I do not do so myself. She'd have a glass or three of wine, and I'd be sitting there wondering to myself what I was doing with her in the first place, because we clearly have little in common.

Now, I would agree with your point if the smoker is a chronic user (pun intended.) Of course, not many folks will want to be involved with someone who is a substance abuser, rather than a user (regardless of the particular substance.) For instance, I would be totally fine with a woman who has a few drinks, and maybe even gets drunk once in awhile, but I would NOT be okay with a girl who drinks every day or who has to have a drink in her before she can function.

I got dragged into the legalization side debate on this thread about about 15-20 pages ago, and am not interested in getting involved in that conversation again as it has been beaten to death. All I can say is vote yes on prop 1 in Michigan!

I can say that there are non-partakers out there who "deal with" pot-smokers quite well. I have a family member who doesn't partake, but her husband does. They've been married over 10 years now and appear to be pretty happy. And yes, they have lots in common (it might surprise you to know that a lot of pot smokers have interests aside from the herb.)
 jus dave
Msg: 1105
Posted: 9/8/2008 10:20:54 AM
well...uhhh...i just want to say...uhhh, uhhh,- DAMNIT i forgot what it was...
 shady_lady22
Msg: 1106
Posted: 9/8/2008 2:49:39 PM
It depends on the people involved. If you're someone who doesn't like pot or is uncomfortable around people who smoke it, then probably not. But maybe you could work around this if the person is worth it. There is more to a person than whether or not they smoke pot.

I don't smoke pot, my boyfriend does. He got me to try it and I didn't like it so I made it clear that I wouldn't be doing it again. Sometimes it's difficult like when he says he'll call or that we'll hang out and he doesn't follow through because he decided to go smoke a bowl with the guys instead and failed to mention it. It can get on my nerves sometimes. So now when I don't hear from him at the time that I expect to hear from him, it's safe to assume he's too busy getting high.

That hurts sometimes. But so far, that is the only problem we have. I don't have problem with him smoking pot. I'm not offended by it and I don't feel superior to people who do it. The only problem I have with it is that it sometimes becomes a hobby for a person. Sometimes people do it too much.

We're still young and despite this issue, we're in love. I can't look too far down the road, but he has said he intends on giving it up in the future. There was a point in his life when he smoked everyday and he hated what it did to him. He had no energy and no drive anymore. All he thought/cared about was getting high so he quit for almost a year. Recently, he started doing it again only not as much. But he still does it enough to make me just a little worried.

So to answer the question, it depends on the people. It depends on the non-smoker's comfort level with it and it depends on how often the smoker does it.
 Brooklyn...Brooklyn
Msg: 1107
Posted: 9/8/2008 7:09:24 PM
Reply to Harleycat

"No...what is REALLY sad are people who cannot accept that others just do not care to be around pot."

uhhhh........WHAT??!!

Try making sense and sticking to the topic if your going to quote someone and then reply to it.
 produceninja
Msg: 1108
Posted: 9/8/2008 7:14:42 PM
I think it may be more of a case of can pot smokers handle relationships with non pot smokers. I have found over the years that people who do smoke up have way more problem with my not smoking up then I do with their smoking up. I could care less if someone wants to get high, so long as they aren't driving, operating heavy machinery or manning the anti asteroid missile launchers.
 jus dave
Msg: 1109
Posted: 9/9/2008 4:02:13 PM
i usually try to be glib and phunny while trying to help people with some advice but this is too much...the title of this overly long thread is "can non-pot smokers handle pot smokers"...i don't want, need, or seek being "handled"- if you don't care for what a person does in the privacy of their home, stay the hell away.

mmmkay?

cheers

dave
 Saint Jimmy
Msg: 1110
Posted: 9/9/2008 6:52:18 PM
I am with Nada III...I personally agree with what most are saying here, in that it helps to be on the same page with these things..and I think it WOULD be smart to add a section in the profile ( even if under the "doing drugs" section) for smoking herb, because it would help to discern if someone is just the odd "midnight smoker", or if they do other drugs as well...personally I smoke herb and have no problem with it but other drugs are a no-no for me, and it would help to be able to separtate the two.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >