Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > can non-pot smokers handle pot smokers?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Kell.
Msg: 901
can non-pot smokers handle pot smokers?Page 37 of 77    (23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63)
Billy I think what you see in your kids is playing video games when they should be doing something outside. I'm sorry yeah guess I'm not grown up, own a house, two trucks, pay my bills, sell paintings, hike, fish and climb over 10 000 ft as often as I can. I hate video games and read or try to better myself as ofetn as I can.
I think you misunderstood what I said, if you think I was saying pot is for kids I am sorry. I don't beleive that. Kids grow up and find their own way in life. I'm sorry that you see bad things in your kids but don't let it affect your judgement on other people.
I prefer puffing over drinking and as far as I'm concerned they are about the same on the evil scale.
luckych4rm. I like your open mindedness. I like your stats too. I think mental illness is more a condition of the society people live in. Although marijuana does have disturbing effects on people with mental illness. I've seen that first hand.
thanks again Kell.
 amawitch
Msg: 902
view profile
History
can non-pot smokers handle pot smokers?
Posted: 8/15/2007 8:00:22 AM
if its a way of life for them and not you it wont work, it will become an issue. if not, then who cares, we all get high somehow, either naturally or not. I dont smoke anymore but remember the fond days of five finger bags and laughter and fantastic sex, but now cant because it causes an axiety reaction in me, so if i could still, I probably would, but I cant, so smoke one for me.
christa
 Heathenesque
Msg: 903
Posted: 8/15/2007 8:47:24 AM
Wow, some people have serious misconceptions about pot, don't they?

I wonder how many people here work with someone who smokes it on a regular basis and doesn't even know it? Bet it's a whole buncha you.

okay, political and ethical issues aside... would I date someone who smoked pot? It depends on how much they smoke it, and how important it is in their lives.

My ex smoked it on occasion. When we would go out and run errands, I made him smoke it (I drove), because I never met ANYONE who was so blasted nervous about traffic as he is (And I don't live anywhere near DFW, btw)! This mellowed him out enough that I wasn't flinching and about to hit the brakes ever ten feet. I'm a pretty confident and easy-going driver. I know my limits and my skills and I've avoided more wrecks than you can shake a stick at... but his constant slamming of the invisible brakes, or the sharp gasps, or outright screeches drove me NUTS!

And yes, I know some of you are probably thinking that it was really my driving, but I assure you, it was him.

HE would have been the cause of an accident, if he hadn't smoked a bowl before we went anywhere.

On the other hand, if the person smoking pot spends $100's per week and is a slacker because of it... See ya!
 great_kahuna
Msg: 904
Posted: 8/15/2007 9:56:11 AM
ok...i have read your rant. Maybe you never went for harder drugs , but I happen to know a lot of people who did because they had to "experiment". Those people get hooked on the harder drugs and to suport their habit they steal , sell their body and beat up little old ladies for a few lousy $$$.
Besides, I hope you never have to go through cancer of the throat because of your smoking pot. Let me assure you , its a misserable way to die
 unrational
Msg: 905
Posted: 8/15/2007 2:08:50 PM
This question has come up multiple times in the "theoretical question" stage of getting to know someone.. and I think its funny when they are semi-relieved after I give my opinion LOL.

Personally, I don't smoke pot (not to say I never have) but I'm not so 'straight edge' that I refuse to be around those who do (some of my best friends do). I'm genuinely surprised at just how many 'normal' working class people do this that I DO know personally. It's not like the stoners I knew in high school & college... sitting on their couch all day, cutting class every other day stereotype.. so it's really given me a different perspective. Just like having a drink for happy hour, I believe an occasional toke is nothing to be worried about. LOL Hell, I've never heard of anyone becoming a belligerent pot head..

bottom line: moderation is key in everything you do. Keep it fun.
 luckych4rm
Msg: 906
Posted: 8/15/2007 4:00:30 PM
great_kahuna

ok...i have read your rant. Maybe you never went for harder drugs , but I happen to know a lot of people who did because they had to "experiment". Those people get hooked on the harder drugs and to suport their habit they steal , sell their body and beat up little old ladies for a few lousy $$$.
Besides, I hope you never have to go through cancer of the throat because of your smoking pot. Let me assure you , its a misserable way to die

It is good to see you recognize the problems inflicted upon society by the prohibition of drugs, such as black market prices resulting in theft or people selling their bodies for a quick fix, drug turf wars and botched police raids. For example, even I was once ambushed, bear sprayed and robbed by a meth addict. Since drug prohibition does not discourage use (in fact it appears to enoucrage use according to the 2006 U.N. drug report) we would all live in a much safer, compassionate and more humane society if all drugs were legal.

However your suggestion that cannabis is a gateway drug is not accurate. One could just as easily say that oxygen leads to hard drugs because most hard drug users breath oxygen at one point. How about coffee? Heroin? On the other hand, prohibition of cannabis, drug sniffing dogs and urine testing all encourage many young people to use dangerous substances.

Cannabis does not bring about curiosity and experimentation. Experimentation is normal for all human beings and we start early as kids, whether it be by holding their breath, or spinning around in circles to get dizzy. The problem is when experimentation or anything for that matter becomes self destructive whether it be physically or financially. For most people, such destruction is more easily done with alcohol, tobacco, coffee, or activities such as skiing for that matter. Even judge Francis Young of the DEA found marijuana to be "the safest therapeutic substance known to man".

Also, your claim that smoking, vaporizing or eating cannabis causes cancer of the throat, or any other kind of cancer for that matter, does not have any scientific or statistical data to back it up. Yes, we know that there are carcinogens in any burning organic matter. However to date, no epidemiological studies have consistently confirmed an association between long-term marijuana use and cancer risk. Although, marijuana has been shown to destroy cancer cells and shrink tumors.
 mandell85
Msg: 907
Leave the pot smokers alone AT LEAST ITS NOT SMACK
Posted: 8/15/2007 5:58:36 PM
Some of us are just different i love to smoke and hate to drink why is that not accepted alchohol is just as damaging !!!!!!!!!!!! Binge drinking !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! nono no thats socially acceptable to kill your self with the drink ,kidney disiese alchoholism .People work so hard these days why not be able to have a scoob its accepted people will have a drink after work why not a bong ??????????????????????????
 great_kahuna
Msg: 908
Posted: 8/15/2007 6:21:17 PM
Mess:943....I don't know where you get your information from:marijuana has been shown to destroy cancer cells and shrink tumors. This is either a bad joke , or you smoked too many already
I think both is true
 luckych4rm
Msg: 909
Posted: 8/15/2007 8:29:42 PM
great_kahuna

Mess:943....I don't know where you get your information from:marijuana has been shown to destroy cancer cells and shrink tumors. This is either a bad joke , or you smoked too many already
I think both is true

Well there are no stupid questions. Oh wait, that was not a question *snicker* Just teasin! Here are some "Cannabis versus Cancer" articles which should give you some insight for possible reasons as to why marijuana smoke, though carcinogenic, has not been scientifically or statistically proven to increase the risk of cancer, despite there being over 150,000,000 cannabis users on the planet.
=====
" The Guzman study is very important according to Dr. Ethan Russo , a neurologist and world authority on medical cannabis: "Cancer occurs because cells become immortalized; they fail to heed normal signals to turn off growth. A normal function of remodelling in the body requires that cells die on cue. This is called apoptosis, or programmed cell death. That process fails to work in tumors. THC promotes its reappearance so that gliomas, leukemias, melanomas and other cell types will in fact heed the signals, stop dividing, and die."

"But, that is not all," explains Dr. Russo: "The other way that tumors grow is by ensuring that they are nourished: they send out signals to promote angiogenesis, the growth of new blood vessels. Cannabinoids turn off these signals as well. It is truly incredible, and elegant."

In other words, this article explains several ways in which cannabinoids might be used to fight cancer, and, as the article says, "Cannabinoids are usually well tolerated, and do not produce the generalized toxic effects of conventional chemotherapies.

Usually, any story that even suggests the possibility of a new treatment for cancer is greeted with headlines about a "cancer cure" - however remote in the future and improbable in fact it might be. But if marijuana is involved, don't expect any coverage from mainstream media, especially since mainstream editors have been quietly killing this story for the past thirty years.

That's right, news about the abilility of pot to shrink tumors first surfaced, way back in 1974. Researchers at the Medical College of Virginia, who had been funded by the National Institutes of Health to find evidence that marijuana damages the immune system, found instead that THC slowed the growth of three kinds of cancer in mice -- lung and breast cancer, and a virus-induced leukemia.

The Washington Post reported on the 1974 study -- in the "Local" section -- on Aug. 18, 1974. Under the headline, "Cancer Curb Is Studied," it read in part: "The active chemical agent in marijuana curbs the growth of three kinds of cancer in mice and may also suppress the immunity reaction that causes rejection of organ transplants, a Medical College of Virginia team has discovered." The researchers "found that THC slowed the growth of lung cancers, breast cancers, and a virus-induced leukemia in laboratory mice, and prolonged their lives by as much as 36 percent."

"News coverage of the Madrid discovery has been virtually nonexistent in this country. The news broke quietly on Feb. 29, 2000 with a story that ran once on the UPI wire about the Nature Medicine article," complained MarijuanaNews.com editor Richard Cowan , who said he was only able to find the article through a link that appeared briefly on the Drudge Report Web page. "The New York Times, The Washington Post, and Los Angeles Times all ignored the story, even though its newsworthiness is indisputable: a benign substance occurring in nature destroys deadly brain tumors," added Cowan.

http://www.sierratimes.com/03/11/07/article_kubby.htm
=====
"Marijuana Cuts Lung Cancer Tumor Growth In Half, Study Shows"
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2007/04/070417193338.htm
=====
"Researchers investigating the role of cannabis in cancer therapy reveal it has the potential to destroy leukaemia cells, in a paper published in the March 2006 edition of Letters in Drug Design & Discovery."
http://www.news-medical.net/?id=16340
=====
 luvwknds
Msg: 910
Posted: 8/15/2007 9:19:02 PM
Many people think after they drink they can still drive however when people smoke they just don't wanna. I think most "pot smokers" don't want to handle "non-pot smokers".
just inhaled :o))
 VeddiVeddiVixxen
Msg: 911
view profile
History
Posted: 8/16/2007 7:21:47 AM
Can the non pot smoker handle being handcuffed to the smoker in the police car !
 great_kahuna
Msg: 912
Posted: 8/16/2007 9:21:25 AM
Mess:946......though carcinogenic, has not been scientifically or statistically proven to increase the risk of cancer.

I am having a bit of a problem with your reasoning. You state clearly, and it has been proven that pot is a , yet in the articles you gave me it states that pot cures cancer???....somewhat of a contradiction , would'nt you say?

I rather have a
Kahuna
 luckych4rm
Msg: 913
Posted: 8/16/2007 10:12:10 AM
great_kahuna

I am having a bit of a problem with your reasoning. You state clearly, and it has been proven that pot is a , yet in the articles you gave me it states that pot cures cancer???....somewhat of a contradiction , would'nt you say?

Proven that pot is a ... "comma"? I am not sure I understand. Anyway, all burning organic matter releases carcinogenic fumes. However, marijuana does fight cancer as well. There is no evidence of increased or decreased cancer risk among cannabis users. One may conclude it is a little bit of a balancing act between the carcinogens in the smoke and the anti cancer properties of cannabis.

VeddiVeddiVixxen

Can the non pot smoker handle being handcuffed to the smoker in the police car !

First the non pot smoker would need to do something to break the law. You can not be arrested and charged for hanging out with someone smoking marijuana, even in a hot boxed room. If you insist on getting arrested as well, here are some guidelines:

"There are two types of laws: just and unjust. One has not only a legal but a moral responsibility to obey just laws. Conversely, one has a moral responsibility to disobey unjust laws." -MLK
 great_kahuna
Msg: 914
Posted: 8/16/2007 6:07:11 PM
Correction!!!

I am having a bit of a problem with your reasoning. You state clearly, and it has been proven that pot is a carcinogen, yet in the articles you gave me it states that pot cures cancer???....somewhat of a contradiction , would'nt you say?

Kahuna
 luckych4rm
Msg: 915
Posted: 8/16/2007 7:37:47 PM
great_kahuna

I am having a bit of a problem with your reasoning. You state clearly, and it has been proven that pot is a carcinogen, yet in the articles you gave me it states that pot cures cancer???....somewhat of a contradiction , would'nt you say?

Pot itself is not carcinogenic. It is the smoke from *any* burning material that contains carcinogens. This is probably also the case with a lot of things we breath in on a daily basis. In the case of smoking marijuana, the anti-cancer properties of tetrahydrocannabinol and cannabinoids described in the studies seem to counter the effects of carcinogens in the smoke. This may explain why there is no evidence of marijuana smokers having an elevated risk of cancer when compared with non-smokers. Also note that there are no carcinogens in baked cannabis goods or cannabis vapor which happen to be other popular methods of consumption.
 nomadd77
Msg: 916
Posted: 8/17/2007 7:45:35 AM
I think it comes from the fact that alot of pot smokers dont consider pot a drug. I think there should be a catagory to clear it up , do you smoke marijuana would work and they could chose often occasionally socially etc.

Personally i dont see a problem with a girl who smokes occasionally , habitual pot smoking is a problem
 great_kahuna
Msg: 917
Posted: 8/17/2007 5:26:54 PM
The basis for this caution are the three studies published earlier this year linking cannabis use with increased risk of psychosis, particularly amongst those with active schizophrenia, but also in healthy subjects.

I just found this on pot. Keep on smoking that stuff and we end up with a nation of complete dummies. That's why they let the American soldier smoke pot in Vietnam.

Studies also indicate a variety of negative effects associated with constant, long-term use, including short-term memory loss. However, other studies have refuted this, claiming the MRIs of long term users show little or no difference to MRIs of the non-using control group. Although using positron emission tomography (PET), at least one study indicates altered memory-related brain function in marijuana users [10]. The long-term effects of THC on humans have been disputed because its status as an illegal drug makes research difficult.
 luckych4rm
Msg: 918
Posted: 8/17/2007 9:43:08 PM
great_kahuna

The basis for this caution are the three studies published earlier this year linking cannabis use with increased risk of psychosis, particularly amongst those with active schizophrenia, but also in healthy subjects.

As previously mentioned, yes you can find statistics which show more mental illness among the cannabis-using population than the non-cannabis-using population. However scientists point out this does not mean cannabis is the cause. Obviously those suffering from mental health problems are more likely to self medicate. Saying cannabis causes "psychosis" is like saying aspirin causes headaches and antibiotics cause infection. Also if cannabis caused mental health problems, we would expect to see an increase in mental health cases in countries with higher marijuana use, but this is also not the case.

I just found this on pot. Keep on smoking that stuff and we end up with a nation of complete dummies. That's why they let the American soldier smoke pot in Vietnam.

In regards to pot in Vietnam, first of all, they were allowed to do pretty much *anything* in Vietnam. Pot probably would have slightly (and in the short term only) eased the negative effects of the meth many soldiers were being given in order to stay awake for days. As for your "country full of dummies" theory, you will love this study, albeit with rats and abnormally large amounts of the active ingredients of cannabis:

-----
University Of Saskatchewan Research Suggests Marijuana Analogue Stimulates Brain Cell Growth

The team found that rats treated with HU-210 on a regular basis showed neurogenesis the growth of new brain cells in the hippocampus. This region of the brain is associated with learning and memory, as well as anxiety and depression.

The effect is the opposite of most legal and illicit drugs such as alcohol, nicotine, heroin, and cocaine.

"Most 'drugs of abuse' suppress neurogenesis," Zhang says. "Only marijuana promotes neurogenesis."

Current theory states that depression may be sparked when too few new brain cells are grown in the hippocampus. It is unclear whether anxiety is part of this process, but if true, HU-210 could offer a treatment for both mood disorders by stimulating the growth of new brain cells.

www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2005/10/051016083817.htm
-----

I am glad to see that you are doing research on the subject. Have your opinions changed at all since your initial post? Would you turn down a girl if she smoked a joint once or twice a week? If not, do you think she should be thrown in jail?
 sassyaquarius
Msg: 919
Posted: 8/17/2007 9:58:59 PM

Saying cannabis causes "psychosis" is like saying aspirin causes headaches and antibiotics cause infection.
Not really.

Is that why there is a diagnosis of drug induced psychosis and drug induced delusional disorder listed in the DSM IV? Marijuana is a drug and it can cause psychosis....

And I can tell you that working in the mental health field, drug induced pyschosis due to marijuana use is actually quite frequent now. Let us not forget that the levels of THC in marijuana have gone up quite considerably in the last 2 decades....

Yes, those with mental illness are prone to self medicate, but it is rather easy to tell which was the cause of the psychosis when it disapears upon cessation of the drug's usage ;)
 luckych4rm
Msg: 920
Posted: 8/17/2007 10:21:01 PM
sassyaquarius

Is that why there is a diagnosis of drug induced psychosis and drug induced delusional disorder listed in the DSM IV? Marijuana is a drug and it can cause psychosis

Are you able to provide any scientific data which explains how THC allegedly causes psychosis?

And I can tell you that working in the mental health field, drug induced pyschosis due to marijuana use is actually quite frequent now. Let us not forget that the levels of THC in marijuana have gone up alarmingly in the last 2 decades....

High and near pure levels of THC have been available for centuries. Are you not familiar with hash? That is wonderful if the buds are more potent. I am sure they are a little bit, due to strain selection and growning techniques. In the days of prohibition, more bang for your buck is better for everyone who gets sentenced to jail by the gram anyway. Also for those worried about carcinogens despite no evidence of marijuana smokers having an increased risk in cancer, they can smoke less of it and get the same effect. Hallelujah!

Yes, those with mental illness are prone to self medicate, but it is rather easy to tell which was the cause of the psychosis when it disapears upon cessation of marijuana usage ;)

Well, at least if you were correct you would be admitting the negative effects are only short term. Where do these alleged cases of psychosis come from? The 90 some odd percent of "treated" cannabis users who are forced into "treatment" as an alternative to jail?
 sassyaquarius
Msg: 921
Posted: 8/17/2007 10:28:29 PM

Are you able to provide any scientific data which explains how THC allegedly causes psychosis?
Are YOU able to refute the findings in the DSM IV??

High and near pure levels of THC have been available for centuries. Are you not familiar with hash?
Smoked some quality gold seal back in the day, lol.....

The grow op's and use of hydroponics have greatly increased the levels of THC in marijuana today.. do a little research...

Oh? And where do these alleged cases of psychosis come from?
Where do they come from? A lot of them are the youth of today smoking what they think is harmless pot, others are chronic users who now need antipsychotics to bring their neurotransmitters back to normalized levels...

Well, at least if you were correct you would be admitting the negative effects are only short term.
Lol...... I know what I have learned and seen.....

I guess I have forgotten to mention that the use of drugs such as marijuana can draw out latent mental illness like schizophrenia.... which btw, isn't short term.

luckych4rm
Msg: 922
Posted: 8/17/2007 10:56:29 PM
sassyaquarius

Are YOU able to refute the findings in the DSM IV??

Does the DSM IV provide any uneasily refuted scientific data which explains how THC allegedly causes psychosis? As far as I know it is not available on the web and this is a public forum, so if you have some scientific data to bring to this debate publicly then please do so. Even they FDA claims marijuana has not medicinal value. It is easy to make claims.

The grow op's and use of hydroponics have greatly increased the levels of THC in marijuana today.. do a little research...

You may have missed or ignored the point. Hash, oil or near pure THC has always been around but there is no evidence of harm. Higher potency means better desired ingredients and less smoke. It is unknown how much marijuana increased in potency because THC levels could not be read as accurately in the 1970's. Most of the old smokers I know will say that perhaps some is slightly better quality. It's fresh. It's not full of stems, leaves and seeds. Give a plant enough bat guano and it will be nearly if not just as good as hydro or aeroponic. Regardless, more THC is a wonderful thing.

I usually make a point of providing numbers, statistics and URL's to studies in my posts. Please do the same, otherwise you are just spreading hysteria. This is a thread on whether or not someone who occasionally uses cannabis as an alternative to alcohol can be tolerated, not a private research contest between you and me. Do you work for DARE or something?

Where do they come from? A lot of them are the youth of today smoking what they think is harmless pot, others are chronic users who now need antipsychotics to bring their neurotransmitters back to normalized levels...

I know that big pharma loves to throw anti-psychotics and other pharmaceuticals down our throats and will use any reason, even pot. Though once again I ask that you please provide proof that harmful pot exists and also any study indicating damage to neurotransmitters. I would also appreciate some numbers, such as the percentage of alleged cannabis users who experience "psychosis" (could there be a more vague term?) compared with the percentage of documented psychosis cases where alcohol is the factor.
 sassyaquarius
Msg: 923
Posted: 8/17/2007 11:56:47 PM

Does the DSM IV provide any uneasily refuted scientific data which explains how THC allegedly causes psychosis?
That information does not interest me, if it interests you I suggest you go seek it out..

Regardless, more THC is a wonderful thing.
You really should have qualified that with IMO ;)

I usually make a point of providing numbers, statistics and URL's to studies in my posts. Please do the same, otherwise you are just spreading hysteria.
The information I am spreading does not come from the internet, it comes from my education and work experience.. I have also stated that the DSM IV contains information on the subject..

As for hysteria? I find that laughable. I am simply refuting your earlier statement that cannabis does NOT induce psychosis, when it in fact can... apparently holding an opposing view is spreading hysteria... ? ooookay, lol...

This is a thread on whether or not someone who occasionally uses cannabis as an alternative to alcohol can be tolerated, not a private research contest between you and me.
The thread title is "can non-pot smokers handle pot smokers?"... not sure where you got the occassional use and alternative to alcohol from...

You made an assertion, one that I recognized as false and decided to speak up, and it is perfectly relevant to the question. Where is your information to back up your assertion that smoking pot does NOT cause psychosis?

Do you work for DARE or something?
I already told you what field I work in.... do you occassionally imbibe or something and forget to admit it in your profile?

That just so happens to be my only judgment about pot smokers... the honesty factor, so that others can make decisions as to whether we want to involve ourselves ;)

"psychosis" (could there be a more vague term?)
A loss of contact with reality is far from vague...

As for your comments on "big pharma".. well they aren't relevant to the topic and I feel no need to discuss it. And about the numbers you wish to see.... go do some research... what I have brought to the thread is my educated opinion and work experience.. satisfy your urge for numbers on the web...
 guitarman100
Msg: 924
Posted: 8/18/2007 12:21:53 AM
Luckycharm4m

Dude,nice to see you 'fighting the good fight, for weed............

you strike me as one of those intelligent guys who likes to light up for fun, and has a million reasons why it is ok..........
my question to you is....
who are you trying to convince?
US or yourself?

Here is the facts on weed.... and I do not need to quote a study
I have plenty 35- 45 yr old musician pothead friends to back up Sassyaquarius's data
they either need to smoke weed everyday to function/be happy or they are on now some type of anti-depressant to balance their tweaked neuro-transmitters.

you are only 25 yrs old,your brain is still young and elastic
keep smoking regularly for another 10 yrs,your story might change my friend
I have seen too many people I know end up going down the path of needing some type of drugs to function..........that is a sh*tty place to live man

luckych4rm
Msg: 925
Posted: 8/18/2007 1:13:12 AM
sassyaquarius

You made an assertion, one that I recognized as false and decided to speak up, and it is perfectly relevant to the question. Where is your information to back up your assertion that smoking pot does NOT cause psychosis?

My assertion is that there is no scientific evidence that cannabis causes psychosis and you are attempting to refute that but have failed to acquire any credibility other than you are right, but the proof is not on the Internet.

The information I am spreading does not come from the internet, it comes from my education and work experience.. I have also stated that the DSM IV contains information on the subject..

So cannabis causes psychosis, but the irrefutable scientific data can only be found offline? I do not have DSM IV. Does it provide details as to how cannabis causes psychosis?

As for your comments on "big pharma".. well they aren't relevant to the topic and I feel no need to discuss it.

Correction. You brought up the fact you know of cannabis users who have been given anti-psychotics because of the effects of cannabis. I am reminding you that over 90 percent of cannabis users who are in treatment where they may be prescribed such medication, are only there as an alternative to jail. Regardless, anti-psychotics and anti-depressants are given out like candy.

Where is your information to back up your assertion that smoking pot does NOT cause psychosis?

Now you are just being silly. What kind of logic is that? That is like saying... would you say that water does causes psychosis and if not, where is your proof?

That just so happens to be my only judgment about pot smokers... the honesty factor, so that others can make decisions as to whether we want to involve ourselves ;)

Wow. How do you generalize cannabis users as being dishonest? Prohibition of cannabis is dishonest.

guitarman100

>you are only 25 yrs old,your brain is still young and elastic keep smoking regularly for another 10 yrs,your story might change my friend I have seen too many people I know end up going down the path of needing some type of drugs to function..........that is a sh*tty place to live man

I am from Canada as well which I am sure you are aware has four times more pot smokers per capita than any other industrialized nation. I know pot smokers of all ages, many who have smoked for 10 years or more. I have not seen cannabis harm anybody. I can not say the same for booze. Perhaps that was a factor for your friends? I guess we will not be able to settle this by comparing personal experiences, but if you can provide some relevant scientific data we can chat more.

Take care!
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > can non-pot smokers handle pot smokers?