Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 rutryin2bfunny
Msg: 1111
can non-pot smokers handle pot smokers?Page 37 of 77    (23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63)

can non-pot smokers handle pot smokers?

Yes of course they can silly.
Whenever someone smokes pot at my house, I grab a broomstick and jam it in their butt crack and push them right out the door with it.
Makes a great handle.
 Nascarguy80
Msg: 1112
Posted: 9/9/2008 7:38:45 PM
Nope and wont, I dont have anything against pot, but it is illeagl and thus dont want it around me or in my life.
 jus dave
Msg: 1114
Posted: 9/9/2008 8:16:01 PM
wow- i do NOT want to be a poster child for pot smokers but the "it's illegal" stance (while correct) seems lame...it is also illegal to drink and drive...how many have done that?

two wrongs don't ever make a right but the high horse people who go bar hopping then say pot is wrong/bad/illegal seem kinda shallow.

damn- i wish i could make this funny...but i can't.

dave

and: everyone who smokes some pot now and then are no more a "pot-head" then those who have an occasional adult beverage being an "alcoholic".
 ChocolateNutt
Msg: 1116
Posted: 9/9/2008 8:22:26 PM
No, I am uninterested in having illegal drugs or addicts of anything (whether drugs, nicotine, alcohol or aspirin) in my life in any way. I control my own behaviour and behave in a responsible fashion and expect my partner to do the same. Even if that person promised never to abuse substances in my presence, how can I form a relationship with someone where there is a such a fundamental difference and division in the activities we can participate in together.

Nutt
 bigshrek
Msg: 1117
Posted: 9/9/2008 8:31:30 PM
Treat 'em the same as ANY smoker of ANY thing...ostracized for burning anything in a cylindrical paper tube.

Quit screwing up our OZONE LAYER!!

Even Al Gore is against any form of smoking, be it tobacco or marijuana.

BE GREEN, DON'T SMOKE GREEN!!
 bigshrek
Msg: 1118
Posted: 9/9/2008 8:47:38 PM
Brooklyn...Brooklyn's Reply to Harleycat

"No...what is REALLY sad are people who cannot accept that others just do not care to be around pot."

uhhhh........WHAT??!!

Try making sense and sticking to the topic if your going to quote someone and then reply to it.

Ok, since you are blonde I'll break it down for you. She's saying that those who do smoke pot can't accept that NORMAL PEOPLE don't want to be around an illegal substance. It just goes to show that those who use pot have less cognitave ability

And don't forget all those lovely folks that are actually ALLERGIC to Marijuana. If you've ever seen someone break out in hives after walking thru a cloud of pot smoke in high school...it's not a nice sight. Definitely rare, but horrible. There were two people I went to school with who were allergic...one got hives, the other would just get a scent of it and have massive migranes. It's not the totally harmless weed at all...not after you've actually seen people dealing with the effects.

And one other little thing...stoned drivers are JUST AS DANGEROUS AS DRUNK DRIVERS! I was a firefighter for over 21 years...I've seen my fair share of stoner drivers. Pot alone reduces your depth perception and reasoning abilities which DOES inhibit driving. Harold & Kumar should just STAY THE FAWK HOME if doing ANY drug, whether pot or alcohol.

Yeah, I prefer that they eat brownies...as long as they STAY HOME! Have a shot of Jack Daniels while their at it!

Brooklyn...Brooklyn
Msg: 1119
Posted: 9/9/2008 9:36:43 PM
Rather be blonde then BALD
dude shut the F up
looser
 Brooklyn...Brooklyn
Msg: 1121
Posted: 9/9/2008 10:13:37 PM
oh bigshrek your SOOOOO funny
(rolls eyes)
dude grow some hair befor you cut down mine.
Since your blonde ill break it down for you?
Pffft.......Please.
 mz taken
Msg: 1122
view profile
History
Posted: 9/10/2008 5:40:57 AM
while everyone is busy yakking here, would you please pass the bong!!!!
 oldsoul
Msg: 1123
Posted: 9/10/2008 5:52:26 AM
^ *Passing the bong to mz taken*

Since I have no desire to be "handled" by anyone, herb smoker or not, the answer for me is no.

Nor am I interested in "handling" a non-smoker, herb or not.

To each their own eh?

*patiently waiting for mz taken to pass the dang bong this way again*

JMO

lyfenlyn
Msg: 1124
Posted: 9/10/2008 6:35:27 AM
When I was much younger most everyone smoked weed. But you grow out of that. Now that I am out of my 30's being around it is silly and a waste of time. I dated many men over the years who smoked it regularly and they weren't going anywhere and were stuck in dead end jobs, but swore they were the most clever guys in the universe. It's tragic and sad to see. I don't have the patience for the mentality or the whole culture of pot smokers. Slackers are not a part of what I want around me.

To me a grown man over 30 still smoking pot, even ocasionally to me is officially a loser.
 lyfenlyn
Msg: 1125
Posted: 9/10/2008 7:04:49 AM
that person that smokes pot on a regular basis that I work with?

Well they got FIRED because they got caught smoking POT ON COMPANY TIME!

cause pot makes you think there is nothing wrong with smoking, it's everybody eles that's wrong and you are right.

Yeah tell that to the unemployment line.

"Oh why did you leave your last position?"

uhhhhhh, welll...I uh........

loser
 lyfenlyn
Msg: 1126
Posted: 9/10/2008 7:07:15 AM
Oh well since you put it that way!

POT IS GREAT! WOW! Geniuses and musicians smoke it really? WOW! I was all wrong! (( rolls eyes ))

And to that guy who has a shelf full of grammys and a 5 million dollar home and a $300 a day pot habit, I would say---you sir are a loser.

Nothing will make the issue of smoking pot recreationally a GOOD thing, period.
 Snakewhisperer
Msg: 1127
view profile
History
Posted: 9/10/2008 7:26:17 AM
I'm allergic to cigarette and pot smoke, so it probably wouldn't work out. I also would probably eventually come to resent money spent on this while I'm working 2 jobs making ends meet. I often wonder about people who claim to be poor and yet spend hundreds every month on beer, pot, and cigarettes. I prefer to date men with minimal addictions.
 msusnicknel
Msg: 1128
view profile
History
Posted: 9/10/2008 7:52:16 AM

And to that guy who has a shelf full of grammys and a 5 million dollar home and a $300 a day pot habit, I would say---you sir are a loser.

Okay, but you may be setting your sights a bit high (pun intended...)

Also, I don't know where you're shopping, but I don't think I could blow through $300 a day if I had a pot I.V. drip...

This attitude of, "No matter what someone has accomplished, done with their lives, how they've improved the world, they are still a loser if they smoke pot" is hillarious.

Why? Is it because it is a vice, and you think anyone with a vice is a loser? If that is the case, then you'll have to weed out (again, pun intended) pretty much everyone, because pretty much everyone has at least 1 vice.

Is it because it is illegal, and if you break the law you're a loser? There goes everyone who jaywalks, speeds, keeps 1 to many pets, doesn't use turn signals...

Is it because they like sometimes functioning in an altered state of mind? There goes everyone who drinks, runs (ever heard of a runner's high?,)does yoga, meditates, prays...

Is it because it is unhealthy? There goes everyone who eats trans fats, enjoys Micky Dee's, likes ice cream, doesn't exercise enough...

It is comical the extreme notion that people have about pot smokers. Sure, there are burned out losers out there, but I also personally know doctors, lawyers, judges, policemen, executive directors, teachers, tri-athletes, nurses, and government officials who all occasionally enjoy the herb. It isn't about the herb folks. Its about how you live your life.
 onlymehaha
Msg: 1129
Posted: 9/10/2008 8:30:10 AM
ok guys, lol. i'm new to this particular forum.talking to a few people here who seem to have their heads up theier self serving asses.did you know that during prohibition our grand parents were in the clubs smoking pot leagaly.did you know that pot is till our number one cash crop?! it pisses me off that the government says i'm suporting terrorists by smoking pot! when i am actually stimulating my local economy.being someone that has to deal with cronic pain daily... would you rather i be addicted to pain meds? no i am responsible in that i choose to smoke rather than have an addiction to opiates thanx.gateway drug my ass! i have a nephew who was addicted to smoking black tar heroin and then methedone. which one is worse? he has detoxed himself by smoking pot! i am so proud of the man he has grown into.i have not met to many uptight people who smoke. on the other hand almost everyone who belives the bull they hear in the media are uptight about it.has anyone died from smoking to much pot? NO! lol. you all tell people like me to get a life lol.i smoke pot,i'm not an alcohlic who beats my my kids , treats my girl like s h i t .i'm happy to be a proud happy stoner thanx.and no i don't smoke around my kids either.try to have a normal life on percocet every 3 hours. or better yet...try to have a conversation with someone or be intimate.i urge you all to get the facts before you styart comdemning all of us pot smokers.
and to all the hipocrates who say i used to lmao! there is nothjing worse in most cases than an ex smoker lol. i guess if i ask to be left alone about my pot smoking that means i will be left alone period.ahh well, thats just me.
 msusnicknel
Msg: 1130
view profile
History
Posted: 9/10/2008 8:30:57 AM

Sure, there are burned out losers out there, but I also personally know doctors, lawyers, judges, policemen, executive directors, teachers, tri-athletes, nurses, and government officials who all occasionally enjoy the herb.

Hey, now you can add published author, scientist/inventor/patent-holder and engineer - the stuff I work on sometimes goes to other planets. It's a little tough to hear Ms. Graphic Arts Assistant tell me I'm a loser for smoking pot. Kinda makes me want to climb into my bong and drown myself.

It isn't about the herb folks. Its about how you live your life.

Right, it IS tough to hear Ms. Graphic Artist Assitant call me out on my loser-ness. All I've done with my life is helped thousands of kids (many who were abused and neglected) lead productive and happy lives. Dang, I was feeling pretty pleased with my life until I realized that I truly am a loser and the great things I've done in my short 30 years on this planet have been all for naught because I've chosen, on occasion, to smoke herb...bummer.

Does that mean I get the next spot in the rotation AND double puff pass privilege?

HarleyKat~
Msg: 1131
Posted: 9/10/2008 10:16:43 AM

but I don't think I could blow through $300 a day if I had a pot I.V. drip...

A pot IV drip....ROFLMFMFAO!!!!

I dunno what pot costs these days...when I smoked the shit, you got a five finger plus bag for freaking $30! I smoked a bag a week...paid for with my allowance! LOL

My ex, who smoked...was paying $120 for a miniscule amount in comparison...so my guess is, someone who smokes the doobies or one hits, like some smoke cigs...would easily have a $300 habit. Of course they prolly smoke the best kind, too. What ARE the "kinds" now, anyway? I am feeling outdated! Darn! (NOT)
 oldsoul
Msg: 1132
Posted: 9/10/2008 11:09:59 AM
^ My habit cost me anywhere between $40 to $60 dollars a month when I smoked. On rare occasions, when on vacation for example, it could run me as high as $80 - $100 for the month. And I say "smoked", as in past tense, because even though I still have some right here, I haven't smoked in months.

But then again, I was always a light smoker. But according to many posts I read on here, I don't even "exist". It seems that many people are under the impression that there's only one ONE way to use the herb and that's to abuse it.

And to me and in my opinion, that's as ridiculous as saying that someone who enjoys an odd glass of wine once in a while or on weekends is a raging alcoholic.

Whatever. All I know is that I'm seriously done trying to enlightened anyone of this subject. And it's not that it bothers me when someone says it's not for them and that they don't wish to have it near them. I one hundred per cent understand that decision and I respect that very much.

But it's when I see the kind of name calling that some people have to resort to and see the words they use...words like dumb, stupid, unintelligent, dirty pot heads, criminals..useless....etc.

And that's when I have to shake my head and get off my dumb and lazy ass and go take a look at their profiles just to see where they're coming from and I have to laugh (or giggle uncontrollably I guess) when I see many of them not only profess their love of alcohol, but in most cases, their love of a "love thy neighbor" gawd also, all the while spewing the vilest insults to their "pot head" neighbors.

The sheer hypocrisy of some people is simply astonishing in my opinion, and it never ceases to boggle my mind every time I see it with my very own ( if not bloodshot) eyes.

Anyway...I stand by my earlier posts and my answer to the OP's question is, and will always be, a firm no. I don't wish to be handled by anyone thank you very much.

Let alone take the chance that that someone could be a self-righteous judgemental hypocrite. And even if I never smoke another day in my life, this thread has more than convinced me to keep my "prefer not to say" exactly the way it is on my profile in the hopes that it will keep the very kind of people I NEVER want to have anything to do with the hell away from me.

JMO

*quickly passes the bong around as this dumb and lazyass pothead isn't presently interested in indulging*
 texerotic2
Msg: 1133
Posted: 9/10/2008 12:27:20 PM

Let's see...a filthy, smelly, disgusting habit...that is illegal , causes people to act stupid and obnoxious, impairs their judgement...and is oh-so-symbolic of the lowest elements of 60s "hippie" culture ?

The original question may be the most idiotic thing ever asked on POF...
 shady_lady22
Msg: 1134
Posted: 9/10/2008 12:28:39 PM
You know, there is some sort of tension between the smokers and the non smokers. And often times, I find the smokers act more superior than the non-smokers. I mean, I can't generalize so I'm not saying this is true in ALL cases, but a lot of the time whenever I say "no thanks", people get on my case.

I don't think that the fact that I don't smoke pot makes me superior. I swear in public, I smoke cigarettes, I drink and I have pre-marital sex with my boyfriend. I'm obviously not on some moralistic crusade.

Before college, I never judged people who smoked. I just didn't want to (and still don't want to) because whether you agree with it or not, it's illegal and I just don't want to take the risk. I don't think it's worth it. I also don't want to go around with that smell, the blood shot eyes, the junk left in my system. I don't know. Having tried it, I know what I'm missing out on and personally, I feel like I'm not missing out on much. That's my choice for myself. I don't judge people who do it either. But 90% if the time, the pot smokers judge me.

Whenever my roommates got stoned, which was almost every day, I always said no but I was nice about it. Hell, I gave them chocolate when they got the munchies! But then they'd turn around and give me some BS about how I was being ignorant and close minded, that smoking pot gives you a new perspective, makes you understand things deeper. They turned the tables. The made it seem like smoking pot made you smart and not smoking pot made you an ignorant jerk. They preach to me about it day in day out and I got sick of it. It really changed my whole attitude toward pot. I went from not caring to almost hating it. They made it seem like a cult or something. It's BS.
 caesar0002
Msg: 1135
Posted: 9/11/2008 5:03:16 AM
can non smoking pot guys handle non smoking pot women is the question.
 mz taken
Msg: 1136
view profile
History
Posted: 9/11/2008 6:14:16 AM
has anybody seen my lighter????
(as she scrummages around in her purse...)

it was here a minute ago...........................
 testlogin
Msg: 1138
view profile
History
Posted: 9/11/2008 5:28:49 PM
I wouldn't put up with a pot-head, but maybe that's just me.
 caesar0002
Msg: 1139
Posted: 9/11/2008 9:52:18 PM
Alocohol was illegal once. Clinton, obama, and arnold all did it. Never seen anyone act obnoxious like drinking. Symbolic of half the world who does it way more now then the 60s. Idiotic to judge something like pot to anything that imapres judgment like alcohol. People rip on pot but go get drunk and have booze breath and act more like idiots. Then they wreck their car. Lowest elements of the 60s my god. Once the fuddy duddys and geezers are out of office it will be legal.

PS some people smoke pot others eat comfort food. Neither are good.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >