Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > can non-pot smokers handle pot smokers?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 RACER256
Msg: 901
can non-pot smokers handle pot smokers?Page 37 of 77    (23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63)
I dont go anywhere near pot smokers or dopers...What the heck for...What a waste...If a person needs it for medical reasons, thats different...I hate the smell of pot anyhow....
 angelheart3
Msg: 902
can non-pot smokers handle pot smokers?
Posted: 8/4/2007 3:53:59 AM
Msg. 857 Just another perspective on the points you raised in your post:

http://www.godandscience.org/doctrine/marijuana.html

nona36
Msg: 903
Posted: 8/4/2007 6:00:23 AM
I personally do not judge, but i must say, I ended things with the last man I dated because of "pot smoking". My situation is unique. I work for the Federal Government and can not be around that stuff. Before my days of working with the government, I actually use to smoke pot myself, I enjoyed it tremendously, however, drug use of any kind is frowned upon by employees of the government. Due to my job, I am subjected to random drug testing at any time on any given day, therefore, another reason I do not participate in pot smoking anymore. I feel the way this particular guy handled it was wrong. He didn't warn me, nor did he inform me of his drug use, in fact, after he and I attended a family wedding (his family) and went back to his place is when he jerks out the pot and asks me if I mind if he smoked, I was honestly appalled, he evidently hid this fact from me in the beginning, in my eyes, if you smoke pot, then admit you do it, don't hide it, but then again, I must say, I do work for the federal government, maybe he was scared, nonetheless, the HUGE factor in all of this is that he hid this from me, but one also has to wonder about pot smoking. Pot smoking more times to none leads to other drugs, statistically speaking of course, secondly, its against the law, I personally do not want to date a criminal, thirdly, I will not risk my job for any man, especially one who hides things, the fact of the matter is, this man was/is a dopehead and I did not want to be associated with that. I ended things with this dopehead, as I feel not only a good mother would, but a law abiding citizen.
 happy_steven75
Msg: 904
Posted: 8/4/2007 6:41:54 AM
When you take pot....your brain thinks DIFFERENTLY and you are on a HIGH. Therefore, how can you believe that it will not affect the way you communicate and feel towards a non-pot smoker?

Give me anaethesia and I will not be able to tell you where I am, what I am doing or what is going on around me.

Honestly...I think you must get so high that you have NO CLUE about this issue. Infact, were you high when you started this topic thread?...hehe

Be careful, it is unfair to get involved with a non-pot smoker unless she knows you smoke pot and willingly accepts it. If you don't tell her and an argument is involved, who knows how you may react towards her and depending on that, her feelings may get hurt and miscommunication will lead to a failed relationship.

Little Mrs Forlorn
Msg: 905
Posted: 8/4/2007 6:52:39 AM
For me personally that would be a defined HELL NO
Last time ( two summers ago) i went camping with 3 chronic dope smokers
What they do is their own business... (someone should have warned me)
anyhow... i screwed up their weekend ...the second day i had to be hospitalized due to second hand smoke
fever, shakes, very ill.
 Baco Negg
Msg: 906
Posted: 8/4/2007 7:08:01 AM
I find pot smokers easy to handle. They can be lured anywhere with a bag of potato chips. They can be moved off furniture with just a gentle poke in the ribs. It makes them giggle so hard they slide to the floor. In conversation they can be persuaded by complex grammatical construction alone, irregardless of meaning (I say: "I agree with your position except that instead of what I was not trying to avoid not saying, we were without intention actually in different words saying two separate yet related things with different meanings!" And they reply: "Wow, you just blew my mind! Far out!"). They are easier to handle than sedated bunny rabbits.
 jim_in_PC
Msg: 907
Posted: 8/4/2007 7:18:33 AM
Interesting topic, I skimmed through it and thought I would share my thoughts.

I dont have a problem with people that do drugs, I have a problem with people that abuse them. People that use to the point of addiction, or let it affect their life are going nowhere. I wont waste my time dating someone that cannot control their demons, no matter if its their need to do drugs to excess, drink to excess, abuse others, or cannot show respect. How can someone that abuses anything or anyone be a happy, well adjusted person?
 libbyv
Msg: 908
Posted: 8/4/2007 12:37:01 PM
I had an ex boyfriend who smokes drugs and I am not impressed. He is short tempered and abuses his driving privaleges by getting behind the wheel when he is high. And speeds regularly. I hope the police nail him for it. Because somebody could get hurt with this guy driving on the road. This person is very disrespectful towards others.
 Alzena
Msg: 909
Posted: 8/4/2007 12:45:05 PM
I live in the good old us of a and pot is still illegal...and I like to be employed...
 hotrebeccainmesa
Msg: 910
Posted: 8/4/2007 2:27:20 PM
"can non-pot smokers handle pot smokers?"
I've got a one word answer for you based on my own experience: NO
 nona36
Msg: 911
Posted: 8/5/2007 4:51:27 AM
I'm actually impressed to see so many people who are anti-drug. No matter how you sugarcoat it, drugs are drugs, even if it is for "medical" purposes. I feel that people who do drugs period are apt to do progress from there, it's not worth it and a TRUE TURN-OFF!!
 wrecklessjeremy
Msg: 912
Posted: 8/8/2007 1:53:27 PM
it's not a good idea to mix the two of us...
 BeautifulNitemare
Msg: 913
view profile
History
Posted: 8/9/2007 3:57:06 AM
OP - I think it all depends on the two individuals. Personally I could handle it since my experience has been that the smokers I know are also the friendliest, humane, thoughtful people I know.
 dooly
Msg: 914
Posted: 8/11/2007 12:18:55 AM
I strongly dislike all the comparisons of pot smoking to the consumption of alcohol.
The 2 have profoundly different effects than one another, and problems can arise from the usage of both.
I will say though that I dislike being around 'regular' pot smokers because they are just plain old boring.
I also feel that people that drink daily are just as unappealing, but in other ways.
Living in BC it is next to impossible to find a happy medium of someone who truly uses both substances as occasional recreation, and that is sad.
 joebobbriggs
Msg: 915
Posted: 8/11/2007 5:47:15 AM
The question should be:

Can people with non-addictive personalities deal with people who have addictive personalties?

JoeBob
 Xianleather
Msg: 916
Posted: 8/11/2007 5:53:40 AM
I dont mind the smell, but its the change in personality that bothers me. I avoid it in a g/f...
 marotoo
Msg: 917
view profile
History
Posted: 8/11/2007 6:26:56 AM
this is another addiction, and to me it spells dependancy..I,m interested in people who have a will power..not to mention the dirty sock smell it is foul..so NO I would not!!
 Karen5
Msg: 918
Posted: 8/11/2007 7:12:53 AM
The question should be:

Can people with non-addictive personalities deal with people who have addictive personalties?

JoeBob

Yes, I like this question better. The thing is, I have an addictive personality but don't indulge it with pot, alcohol, caffeine, or a variety of other substances. However, I've got this food/sugar addiction and that's mind/mood altering too. So, I've found that I can relate very well to people with drug habits - and often times, their use of recreational drugs is healthier than my use of food.

I'll get back to you with the answer of whether I'm able to deal with people with non-addictive personalities. I've met very few (if I've met any at all). Just about everyone I know has some kind of addiction going on - whether it's exercise, miserable feelings, hatred of the opposite gender, television, the computer, POF forums, etc.
 Ready For More Fun
Msg: 919
view profile
History
Posted: 8/11/2007 8:56:07 AM
I know I’m not interested in being around people who smoke; I just can’t handle people being stupid.

But I wonder if what my former hard drinking, pot smoker son would say. He came home to stay with me for a while after his wife filed for divorce, totally blindsiding him. He got off the plane drunk and high and wasn’t sober for weeks. He finally went into rehab. It was great while he was there. Once he got out of rehab, he went to AA once a week. But all his old friends still drank and got high. In order to hang out with them, he tried to “socially” drink and smoke pot. He soon fell back into getting drunk and getting high with these buddies. He realized he wanted more for himself then weekends of wasting of his life. He returned to AA and stopped drinking…but still smoked. Again, he tried to socially smoke… but this soon interfered with his staying sober as well. “It lowers my resistance to alcohol.” It was a huge decision… gives up smoking and being around his friends who did or… his sobriety. His mellow friends and drinking buddies, most who he had know since childhood only wanted birds of a feather; therefore tried to get him to “party” with them. I think these buddies calling stoned and drunk helped him see more than anything to see what a sad waste this was. So sobriety meant losing most… if not all of these buddies. He said, “F--- them, I’ve got a whole new group of friends.” It's been very long road. He now goes to AA several times a week and I don't think he's very been happier.

So I asked him the question…. can non-pot smokers handle pot smokers? His response was, "Why would you bother?"

It you go to slippery place you’re going to slip.

luckych4rm
Msg: 920
Posted: 8/11/2007 5:24:02 PM
I can understand if someone does not want to be around someone who is currently smoking marijuana if they have problems with the smell. However, anyone who will not go out with you because you use cannabis is narrow minded and not worth having around.

Usually these prejudice types are hypocritical prohibitionists who either smoke tobacco, or drink coffee and/or alcohol, yet cannabis is not physically addictive and there is no scientific or statistical evidence to indicate there are any serious or long physical/mental health problems associated with smoking, vaporizing or eating it.

For example, the following people will not go out with someone who uses cannabis, but they think physically addictive toxic substances which can damage your health and kill you are somehow more acceptable.

nona36 - opposes marijuana, yet smokes cigarettes and drink alcohol

Little Mrs Forlorn - another person against pot who smokes tobacco and drinks alcohol. She also claims to have been hospitalized for second hand smoke inhalation after going camping with someone who smokes pot. A cigarette smoker being hospitalized because of second hand pot smoke on a camping trip? If a doctor really suggested that was it (and you did not just make it up) you need a new doctor.

hotrebeccainmesa - would not consider a social pot smoker, but is a social boozer herself
 Searching for love
Msg: 921
view profile
History
Posted: 8/11/2007 6:11:41 PM
WELL I THINK THAT IF YOU DRINK IT'S A DRUG TOO. POT IS A PLANT IT;S USED FOR DIFFERENT THINGS SUCH AS CLOTHES, ROPE, AND PAPER HELL THE BIBLE WAS WRITTEN ON IT, OR SCRIPTURES. IT WAS HERE FOR SOME REASON AND IF MAN DISCOVERED IT HAS BENIFITS WELL SO BE IT. THE ONLY REASON IT IS ILLEGAL IS THAT THE GOVERNMENT DOESN'T WANT IT BECAUSE THEY WOULD HAVE TO SAY (WE WERE WRONG) , THEY WERE WRONG ABOUT THE WAR . PEOPLE HAVE TO STOP BELIEVING EVERYTHING THE POLICE , OR GOVENMENT TELLS YOU. FIND OUT THE TRUTH FOR YOURSELF. THE ONLY REASON IT WAS MADE ILLEGAL WAS TO KEEP OUT THE MEXICAN PEOPLE FROM COMING INTO THE U.S. IN THE 1920'S. AND ALSO YOU HAVE NEVER HEARD OF ANYONE OVER DOSEING , ALL THAT HAPPENS IS YOU GET SLEEPY AND WHEN YOU WAKE , YOUR HUNGRY. ALCOHOL KILLS MORE BRAIN CELLS BUT IT;S OKAY. AS LONG AS YOU RULE IT AND IT DON'T RULE YOU. HELL I KNOW COPS, JUDGES, LAWYER , DOCTORS AND OF SOME PEOPLE YOU THINK THAT DOESN'T DO IT. WELL THEY DO I HAVE SEEN IT. AND I HAVE SMOKED , AND IT DOESN'T BOTHER ME.
 luckych4rm
Msg: 922
Posted: 8/11/2007 6:29:59 PM
Trying Again 45

THE ONLY REASON IT IS ILLEGAL IS THAT THE GOVERNMENT DOESN'T WANT IT BECAUSE THEY WOULD HAVE TO SAY (WE WERE WRONG)

That is a small part of it. It may somehow implicate them in class action lawsuits for the continued persecution of cannabis users. For example, the Church of the Uniserve is sueing the Canadian government for 14 million dollars because of religious and spirtual oppression caused by the unjust prohibition of cannabis.

However the main idea behind the US War on Drugs today is to create a black market in order to inflate the price. That way you have a product which would normally be as cheap as lettuce and tomatoes become worth its weight in gold. The annual black market for all drugs combined is over $600,000,000,000 USD anually. Who do you think is getting a sweet chunk of that?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CIA_drug_trafficking
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CIA_and_Contra%27s_cocaine_trafficking_in_the_US
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_on_Drugs#U.S._government_reports_admit_cocaine_trafficking
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_on_Drugs#U.S.-sponsored_heroin_production_and_smuggling

Gee it looks like the same government "protecting us" from the evil cannabis also smuggles cocaine and heroin into its own country. Hmmm.

Prohibition is a harm to our society and *I* personally would not date someone who failed to recognize this because obviously they are not an independent or deep thinker. People from the hysterical sheep-like masses simply do not do it for me.

"The prestige of government has undoubtedly been lowered considerably by the prohibition law. For nothing is more destructive of respect for the government and the law of the land than passing laws which cannot be enforced. It is an open secret that the dangerous increase of crime in this country is closely connected with this." --Albert Einstein
 laine121
Msg: 923
Posted: 8/11/2007 8:35:32 PM
I don't mind if my friends smoke. But I would not date a pot smoker. Or a drunk.
 Kell.
Msg: 924
Posted: 8/12/2007 1:16:50 AM
This is posted in reply to Annica. I think that marijuana is not the cause of these kids in your hospital with psychosis.... some perhaps. I'll keep this one short.
Do you not think it is possible that these cases are not a condition or result of our society today. There weren't kids toting guns around to school either when I was young and I hope people don't blame that on smoking joints.
One last thing as well I have been a proud advocate for the use of marijuana for a long time 12 years or so. I have never hallucinated from it though.
For everyone else I think its this simple, if you don't like it don't date someone that does it. If you do like it to each their own. If you have no opinion well then your free to date whoever you want. Personally I don't date girls that drink a lot or go clubbing like 5 nights a week. It all boils down to personal preference.
Thanks Kell.
 billethekidd
Msg: 925
Posted: 8/12/2007 1:49:20 AM
what an infantile.... pot is for "kids" who never grew up to see what life really is... its a cop out an excuse to not live... been there done that, so dont tell me i dont know, worse yet i see it in my kids
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > can non-pot smokers handle pot smokers?