Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > can non-pot smokers handle pot smokers?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 sassyaquarius
Msg: 951
can non-pot smokers handle pot smokers?Page 39 of 77    (37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77)

Saying cannabis causes "psychosis" is like saying aspirin causes headaches and antibiotics cause infection.
Not really.

Is that why there is a diagnosis of drug induced psychosis and drug induced delusional disorder listed in the DSM IV? Marijuana is a drug and it can cause psychosis....

And I can tell you that working in the mental health field, drug induced pyschosis due to marijuana use is actually quite frequent now. Let us not forget that the levels of THC in marijuana have gone up quite considerably in the last 2 decades....

Yes, those with mental illness are prone to self medicate, but it is rather easy to tell which was the cause of the psychosis when it disapears upon cessation of the drug's usage ;)
 luckych4rm
Msg: 952
can non-pot smokers handle pot smokers?
Posted: 8/17/2007 10:21:01 PM
sassyaquarius

Is that why there is a diagnosis of drug induced psychosis and drug induced delusional disorder listed in the DSM IV? Marijuana is a drug and it can cause psychosis

Are you able to provide any scientific data which explains how THC allegedly causes psychosis?

And I can tell you that working in the mental health field, drug induced pyschosis due to marijuana use is actually quite frequent now. Let us not forget that the levels of THC in marijuana have gone up alarmingly in the last 2 decades....

High and near pure levels of THC have been available for centuries. Are you not familiar with hash? That is wonderful if the buds are more potent. I am sure they are a little bit, due to strain selection and growning techniques. In the days of prohibition, more bang for your buck is better for everyone who gets sentenced to jail by the gram anyway. Also for those worried about carcinogens despite no evidence of marijuana smokers having an increased risk in cancer, they can smoke less of it and get the same effect. Hallelujah!

Yes, those with mental illness are prone to self medicate, but it is rather easy to tell which was the cause of the psychosis when it disapears upon cessation of marijuana usage ;)

Well, at least if you were correct you would be admitting the negative effects are only short term. Where do these alleged cases of psychosis come from? The 90 some odd percent of "treated" cannabis users who are forced into "treatment" as an alternative to jail?
 sassyaquarius
Msg: 953
Posted: 8/17/2007 10:28:29 PM

Are you able to provide any scientific data which explains how THC allegedly causes psychosis?
Are YOU able to refute the findings in the DSM IV??

High and near pure levels of THC have been available for centuries. Are you not familiar with hash?
Smoked some quality gold seal back in the day, lol.....

The grow op's and use of hydroponics have greatly increased the levels of THC in marijuana today.. do a little research...

Oh? And where do these alleged cases of psychosis come from?
Where do they come from? A lot of them are the youth of today smoking what they think is harmless pot, others are chronic users who now need antipsychotics to bring their neurotransmitters back to normalized levels...

Well, at least if you were correct you would be admitting the negative effects are only short term.
Lol...... I know what I have learned and seen.....

I guess I have forgotten to mention that the use of drugs such as marijuana can draw out latent mental illness like schizophrenia.... which btw, isn't short term.

luckych4rm
Msg: 954
Posted: 8/17/2007 10:56:29 PM
sassyaquarius

Are YOU able to refute the findings in the DSM IV??

Does the DSM IV provide any uneasily refuted scientific data which explains how THC allegedly causes psychosis? As far as I know it is not available on the web and this is a public forum, so if you have some scientific data to bring to this debate publicly then please do so. Even they FDA claims marijuana has not medicinal value. It is easy to make claims.

The grow op's and use of hydroponics have greatly increased the levels of THC in marijuana today.. do a little research...

You may have missed or ignored the point. Hash, oil or near pure THC has always been around but there is no evidence of harm. Higher potency means better desired ingredients and less smoke. It is unknown how much marijuana increased in potency because THC levels could not be read as accurately in the 1970's. Most of the old smokers I know will say that perhaps some is slightly better quality. It's fresh. It's not full of stems, leaves and seeds. Give a plant enough bat guano and it will be nearly if not just as good as hydro or aeroponic. Regardless, more THC is a wonderful thing.

I usually make a point of providing numbers, statistics and URL's to studies in my posts. Please do the same, otherwise you are just spreading hysteria. This is a thread on whether or not someone who occasionally uses cannabis as an alternative to alcohol can be tolerated, not a private research contest between you and me. Do you work for DARE or something?

Where do they come from? A lot of them are the youth of today smoking what they think is harmless pot, others are chronic users who now need antipsychotics to bring their neurotransmitters back to normalized levels...

I know that big pharma loves to throw anti-psychotics and other pharmaceuticals down our throats and will use any reason, even pot. Though once again I ask that you please provide proof that harmful pot exists and also any study indicating damage to neurotransmitters. I would also appreciate some numbers, such as the percentage of alleged cannabis users who experience "psychosis" (could there be a more vague term?) compared with the percentage of documented psychosis cases where alcohol is the factor.
 sassyaquarius
Msg: 955
Posted: 8/17/2007 11:56:47 PM

Does the DSM IV provide any uneasily refuted scientific data which explains how THC allegedly causes psychosis?
That information does not interest me, if it interests you I suggest you go seek it out..

Regardless, more THC is a wonderful thing.
You really should have qualified that with IMO ;)

I usually make a point of providing numbers, statistics and URL's to studies in my posts. Please do the same, otherwise you are just spreading hysteria.
The information I am spreading does not come from the internet, it comes from my education and work experience.. I have also stated that the DSM IV contains information on the subject..

As for hysteria? I find that laughable. I am simply refuting your earlier statement that cannabis does NOT induce psychosis, when it in fact can... apparently holding an opposing view is spreading hysteria... ? ooookay, lol...

This is a thread on whether or not someone who occasionally uses cannabis as an alternative to alcohol can be tolerated, not a private research contest between you and me.
The thread title is "can non-pot smokers handle pot smokers?"... not sure where you got the occassional use and alternative to alcohol from...

You made an assertion, one that I recognized as false and decided to speak up, and it is perfectly relevant to the question. Where is your information to back up your assertion that smoking pot does NOT cause psychosis?

Do you work for DARE or something?
I already told you what field I work in.... do you occassionally imbibe or something and forget to admit it in your profile?

That just so happens to be my only judgment about pot smokers... the honesty factor, so that others can make decisions as to whether we want to involve ourselves ;)

"psychosis" (could there be a more vague term?)
A loss of contact with reality is far from vague...

As for your comments on "big pharma".. well they aren't relevant to the topic and I feel no need to discuss it. And about the numbers you wish to see.... go do some research... what I have brought to the thread is my educated opinion and work experience.. satisfy your urge for numbers on the web...
 guitarman100
Msg: 956
Posted: 8/18/2007 12:21:53 AM
Luckycharm4m

Dude,nice to see you 'fighting the good fight, for weed............

you strike me as one of those intelligent guys who likes to light up for fun, and has a million reasons why it is ok..........
my question to you is....
who are you trying to convince?
US or yourself?

Here is the facts on weed.... and I do not need to quote a study
I have plenty 35- 45 yr old musician pothead friends to back up Sassyaquarius's data
they either need to smoke weed everyday to function/be happy or they are on now some type of anti-depressant to balance their tweaked neuro-transmitters.

you are only 25 yrs old,your brain is still young and elastic
keep smoking regularly for another 10 yrs,your story might change my friend
I have seen too many people I know end up going down the path of needing some type of drugs to function..........that is a sh*tty place to live man

luckych4rm
Msg: 957
Posted: 8/18/2007 1:13:12 AM
sassyaquarius

You made an assertion, one that I recognized as false and decided to speak up, and it is perfectly relevant to the question. Where is your information to back up your assertion that smoking pot does NOT cause psychosis?

My assertion is that there is no scientific evidence that cannabis causes psychosis and you are attempting to refute that but have failed to acquire any credibility other than you are right, but the proof is not on the Internet.

The information I am spreading does not come from the internet, it comes from my education and work experience.. I have also stated that the DSM IV contains information on the subject..

So cannabis causes psychosis, but the irrefutable scientific data can only be found offline? I do not have DSM IV. Does it provide details as to how cannabis causes psychosis?

As for your comments on "big pharma".. well they aren't relevant to the topic and I feel no need to discuss it.

Correction. You brought up the fact you know of cannabis users who have been given anti-psychotics because of the effects of cannabis. I am reminding you that over 90 percent of cannabis users who are in treatment where they may be prescribed such medication, are only there as an alternative to jail. Regardless, anti-psychotics and anti-depressants are given out like candy.

Where is your information to back up your assertion that smoking pot does NOT cause psychosis?

Now you are just being silly. What kind of logic is that? That is like saying... would you say that water does causes psychosis and if not, where is your proof?

That just so happens to be my only judgment about pot smokers... the honesty factor, so that others can make decisions as to whether we want to involve ourselves ;)

Wow. How do you generalize cannabis users as being dishonest? Prohibition of cannabis is dishonest.

guitarman100

>you are only 25 yrs old,your brain is still young and elastic keep smoking regularly for another 10 yrs,your story might change my friend I have seen too many people I know end up going down the path of needing some type of drugs to function..........that is a sh*tty place to live man

I am from Canada as well which I am sure you are aware has four times more pot smokers per capita than any other industrialized nation. I know pot smokers of all ages, many who have smoked for 10 years or more. I have not seen cannabis harm anybody. I can not say the same for booze. Perhaps that was a factor for your friends? I guess we will not be able to settle this by comparing personal experiences, but if you can provide some relevant scientific data we can chat more.

Take care!
 guitarman100
Msg: 958
Posted: 8/18/2007 1:32:11 AM
luckycharm
let me ask you a question.....when you fell off your bike as a kid did it hurt?
did you need a scientific study, to confirm that it actually hurt to fall off your bike?

my relevant scientific data .............personnal observations of my peer group over a 12 yr period

1)booze was not a factor.....infact most of them smoked weed instead of drinking
2)for some weed turned into cocaine or pain killers
3)some even started smoking weed before work
4)even more did the old '420' everyday after work....everyday hmmmm
there are so many people out there in this world that are dulling their actual mental potential by getting high regularly,to help them forget about the monotony of their existence, it makes me sad a bit

my advice is.........
If a person's life is so boring that they have to smoke weed/drink to make life interesting...
that actually means................. THEY are boring
 tripdaily
Msg: 959
Posted: 8/18/2007 1:33:37 AM
Some can, some can't. Some don't do it because of drug tests at work, but used to and would love to do it again. Many of those that don't will get smashed on alcohol and do things they wouldn't normally do. When was the last time someone smoked a joint, got behind the wheel and killed someone? As far as smoking & driving the worst thing that can happen is you missed your exit! lol...Beat your spouse after a joint? No, it doesn't make you violent. Your grocery bill may go up from the munchies! As long as it doesn't affect you daily life and it's done in moderation I don't see where the problem is. "Legalize it and I will advertise it"~Peter Tosh
 trayc91007
Msg: 960
Posted: 8/18/2007 1:37:44 AM
I have to admit I did not read all 39 freaking pages of this post, but wow... such debate on the subject, that is rad in itself.
Back to the og op's question....
I have dated some guys that do not partake... and not one of them ever turned me down after a bowl. And they still came back.
I really think... in my infinate 420 wisdom, everyone is different and everything affects people differently. Some people can smoke and go through life "normally" and others smoke and fall asleep.
Know what you like and stop judging others. I have found everyone has their vice!!!
 trayc91007
Msg: 961
Posted: 8/18/2007 1:42:54 AM
Guitarman...

Although I agree with almost everything you said, because I too have seen the same things.
I really don't think if a person choses to use a substance it means they are boring...
Come on, they, we may have other issues, but we are not boring!
Peace
 luckych4rm
Msg: 962
Posted: 8/18/2007 1:46:39 AM
guitarman100

let me ask you a question.....when you fell off your bike as a kid did it hurt? did you need a scientific study, to confirm that it actually hurt to fall off your bike?

In the case of falling off a bike and hurting yourself, though you do not need it, scientific evidence of harm available..

for some weed turned into cocaine or pain killers

Weed does not turn into pain killers. Your friends breath air right? Maybe it was the air that turned into cocaine and pain killers? Perhaps it was coffee? Once again, this is your personal experience, not everyone elses.

some even started smoking weed before work

I know medical users who smoke at work and it is not a problem. Recreational users might want to give themselves at least an hour and a half, unless their employer is open minded.
 Scottlovescats
Msg: 963
Posted: 8/18/2007 2:20:28 AM
Couple of facts for the gang.
A . weed causes physical reactions. A good one is combating glucoma. A bad one is congesting of the airways and lungs and maybe leading to cancer.
B. weed causes psychological reactions. Most people smoke to change reality,... duh..., to paraphrase Homer. In a small percentage of smokers, psychosis is the end reality of getting high n weed. I learned this while getting my degree in Psychiatry. And while practicing in both a milatary [ Viet. Vet I'am] and civ. seting I have also observed a very small and I stress very small number of patients whom psychosis was triggered by smoking weed. In all likelyhood several other factors would of at some point triggered psychosis in these same patients.
But I digress.
As a ex toker, meaning present non smoker, I can handle pot smokers. It's all about tolerence. And besides...it's a whole lot of fun to goof on them.
All in all smoking is a great way for some people to handle and or enjoy life. It's also a crutch for others that can and is very destructive for them. Go figure.
Love & Peace
 NocturnalPrincess
Msg: 964
Posted: 8/18/2007 3:21:57 AM
I am a proponent for the legalization of marijuana. However, I am a law enforcement officer and it is against the law. Therefore, I distance myself.
I smoked pot in my heyday, and told the police shrink as much when being screened for the job. It is probably less harmful than alcohol, and prohibition did not work for alcohol, so they might as well legalize it.
I have an interesting article on the circumstances revolving around making marijuana illegal, and I promised to dig it up for a friend, so I may share some details here. Pot cannot make a person lethargic and combative at the same time!
Nevertheless, because of my job I have to adhere to certain standards, so I do not hang out with pot smokers.
One friend who I have known for a few years told me the other day (in a hush, almost apologetically) that she smoked pot, in narrating a story.
I have freinds and associates that are positive, contributing members of society that like to smoke a little pot in their off time, and I have no problem with them. Yet, there is no way I can ever hang out with them, because I have a LOT to lose.
On that note, I do not condone smoking and driving any more than I condone drinking and driving.
I guarantee you that if I take you to jail for having a joint on you, that transates into a "You were a real A$$hole" arrest. Of course, I would not be able to allow you to keep the pot, because of the illegality, but officers are offered some discretion and I could destroy the pot and send you on your way.
I might be jackpotting myself here, but this is the real world. I can have you dump out your open container and send you on your way, or I can arrest you for it.I don't know if this makes any sense to anyone out there?
 B.Ann
Msg: 965
Posted: 8/18/2007 6:16:03 AM
I don,t smoke,never have,but my ex did ,smoked weed, and took drugs,a nightmare scenario for me, so we finished.I don,t understand why some ppl on here say they don,t do drugs,but they smoke weed?????,that,s a drug right?
I enjoy life as it is,without any enhancements.
 MrEEE
Msg: 966
Posted: 8/18/2007 10:47:34 AM
ashurek quote
it its a regular habit then the answer would be hell-no!! :) It would just piss me off watching her waste her brain cells away like that. If she smoked up on occasion , then Id take it a sign of good will power and I doubt it would bother me much.

Please. I did not smoke pot in HS, and I barely graduated. I then got three degrees stoned, with two of them being engineering degrees with 400 level classes and a combined GPA over 3.2. Now, I run my own successfull business. I don't like to drink much, and that has never been a problem with me. I smoke pot still, but one thing about it is it is not addictive like booze or cigarettes. Ask your doctor which is more harmfull to the body and mind. My last good GF was not much of a pot smoker (actually, now that I think about it--none of them were), and ya know what I had no problem doing when I was with her? I had no problem not burning. We did a lot of things together. I really did not even think of it much (after 20 some years of smoking), but we both did it once in a great while, like at a social event. For her and I, it was not a issue at all.

As far as the question on the profile "Do you do drugs?" I really hate that question, because it is not specific at all. I want to tell you that I smoke pot once in a while on my profile, but I can't because many will probably think there are other things involved (which is probably why everybody says "NO"). When I talk with the gal on the phone, I will tell her I do like to burn once on a while, but I would much rather go out with a gal who burns (if she has self drive), than go out with a gal on Prozak. 99% of the people do drugs of some kind. Do you have a perscription? Do you take medicine? I wish that question was more specific. Did you know more people die by far on perscription drugs, than illegal drugs? If your a looser to begin with, and you smoke pot, people tend to blame it on pot. But if your a person with drive and conviction, you can achieve anything in life you want--pot or not. Did anybody here really believe Bill Clinton did not inhale? Drinking to me is way more self destructive, and people die from it. I don't trust any new perscription drugs. I think the legal industry is actually worse than a pusher on the street. Wait till they want even more profit, and start having ther drugs made in China.

I made my mind up at the age of 18 that I did not want to do anything harder than pot. A piss test for a new job does not make you quit smoking pot--it makes you do things like coke and all other drugs that are water soluble which leave your system much faster than pot, so you can get that job. So, I can say, a piss test for a new job (searching your body, which you agree to if you want the job--next is your home), can be a gateway to harder illegal drugs. But I guess the consumer tested perscription drugs are suppose to be more safe?--I don't think so.
 luckych4rm
Msg: 967
Posted: 8/18/2007 1:10:25 PM
NocturnalPrincess - I agree with most of what you have to say, except the following:
--------------------------

I guarantee you that if I take you to jail for having a joint on you, that transates into a "You were a real A$$hole" arrest. Of course, I would not be able to allow you to keep the pot, because of the illegality, but officers are offered some discretion and I could destroy the pot and send you on your way.

You can not possibly guarantee that is the case with most LEO's. It depends on the country, state, city, the LEO and quite often skin color or political orientation. I am slightly concerned that you would only arrest a cannabis user if you thought they were "an ***hole", but otherwise let them go. That does not seem ethical because you are arresting them for your own reasons as opposed to upholding a law which you do not agree with. There are more people in jail in the US than any other country in the world and most are there for non violent drug offenses. Even in Canada police will arrest people and charge them with trafficking for simply passing a joint. Mothers have even been arrested in the hospital, still bloody from child birth and charged with "trafficking" (to the fetus) for using cannabis as a natural therapy during pregnancy. I am happy to see that you appear to be against prohibition which is good. Most LEO's have to take an oath, that they will serve and protect the public. In the case of enforcing prohibition, the resulting harm on society is more dangerous than any drug, so the question is, whose interests are they really protecting? Have you thought about seeing what you can do to help? There is a group called LEAP (Law Enforcement Against Prohibition) you may be interested in.

B.Ann
--------

I don,t smoke,never have,but my ex did ,smoked weed, and took drugs,a nightmare scenario for me, so we finished.

What other drugs was he doing? Please explain how you came to the conclusion it was cannabis and not the other drugs which caused the alleged "nightmare scenario".

I don,t understand why some ppl on here say they don,t do drugs,but they smoke weed?????,that,s a drug right?

How is that different from someone who drinks coffee and claims they do not do drugs? If you want to be technical, anyone who has selected any amount of alcohol use should also select the drug use option.

I enjoy life as it is,without any enhancements

That is a false statement. Though not much of an "enhancement", your profile indicates you drink alcohol socially. Cannabis is safer than alcohol.
 NocturnalPrincess
Msg: 968
Posted: 8/18/2007 1:57:24 PM
luckychr4m,
The reality is that if someone is being a real butthead, you can always find a reason to take them to jail. It is one of the reasons that people hate cops. If someone is being decent you kind of send them on their way, and if they are being disruptive and an Idiot, you write them for whatever you can, especially if they spit on you or bite you, etc. You hammer them which is a proximate result of their conduct If that seems unethical, so be it.
I know that my attitude does not reflect that of most LEOs, and I did not mean to infer that it did.

In hindsight, in my entire eleven + year career, I have only made one marijuana arrest. This guy consented to a consent search in connection with a fencing operation, and he had an absolute sh*tload of beautiful buds in bins. I told him in the police car that I promised that I would never arrest someone for a little bit of pot, but that he had too much for me to make disappear. I also apologized to him, because I write a good report and I take pride in my work that I do.
His nickname was Sly and I do not know what ever came out of that.
Recently, there was a story in the news that I think is hysterical. Law enforcement found a grower and had tons of weed confiscated in a trailor, secured with a Master Lock. Someone cut the lock and stole 4 jumbo garbage bags filled with the pot that the police seized.
Up in smoke! But they were proud of their arrest!
I really try to be conscious and not to be a hypocrite. I do not really like taking anybody to jail for bullsh*t. However, the more you disrespect me, the more I am likely to pick at the small stuff. Part of my job is to keep the peace, and when someone refuses every opportunity, then you have to take them to jail. In honesty, those people are usually high on alcohol and/or other drugs, and the pot smokers are generally mellow, unless they have also consumed other drugs.

Marijuana should not be illegal! [The Great Minds say it leads to the usage of other drugs.]
 sassyaquarius
Msg: 969
Posted: 8/18/2007 2:32:00 PM

So cannabis causes psychosis, but the irrefutable scientific data can only be found offline? I do not have DSM IV. Does it provide details as to how cannabis causes psychosis?
I am saying that I have seen people who have been diagnosed with drug induced psychosis after smoking pot, whether you have the DSM IV is none of my concern. The information is there. Is there scientific evidence to satisfy you? Probably not, but as I already explained, upon drug cessation, the psychosis disappeared in at least 4 cases that I personally know of. That is proof enough for me ;)

Correction. You brought up the fact you know of cannabis users who have been given anti-psychotics because of the effects of cannabis. I am reminding you that over 90 percent of cannabis users who are in treatment where they may be prescribed such medication, are only there as an alternative to jail. Regardless, anti-psychotics and anti-depressants are given out like candy.
Yup, I sure do know of those who needed antipsychotics to return their neurotransmitters to normalized levels after smoking one too many joints. Whether they are over-prescribed has absolutely NOTHING to do with the fact that they work in treating psychosis. Period.

I have also worked at a jail and have no idea what you are talking about as far as drug treatment being an alternative to incarceration in 90% of cases... what are you backing up those statements with? I see no citation...

Now you are just being silly. What kind of logic is that? That is like saying... would you say that water does causes psychosis and if not, where is your proof?
You seemed pretty positive in your assertion that smoking pot CANNOT cause psychosis, I simply wondered what you based such a certain statement on.... I guess that is seen as silly to you At least I have backed my statements up with something, whether you choose to access it or not.

My statement:
Your response:
Wow. How do you generalize cannabis users as being dishonest?
Where have I generalized pot smokers as being disonest? Wow!! I was simply saying that the only judgement I make about pot smokers is IF they are disonest about it... I think others should be given the choice as to whether they wish to be involved with someone who smokes pot.....

Now, with all of that being said, smoking pot CAN cause psychosis whether people like hearing that or not... does that mean that everyone who smokes it will have a psychotic episode? Of course not! I simply think it is good to be aware of the negative as well as the postive sides of anything one chooses to imbibe in.... remain in denial if you so choose, I am simply letting people know that it is a possible negaitive effect. If people had told me this when I was a teenager, I might have thought twice about smoking the stuff ;)
 MrEEE
Msg: 970
Posted: 8/18/2007 2:54:24 PM
This is a fact also. Almost everybody who has been sick--has eaten carrots.

Do you understand my point--educated one?
 sassyaquarius
Msg: 971
Posted: 8/18/2007 2:59:01 PM
^^ I assume you are directing that at me??

Here, I will repeat myself:
smoking pot CAN cause psychosis whether people like hearing that or not... does that mean that everyone who smokes it will have a psychotic episode? Of course not! I simply think it is good to be aware of the negative as well as the postive sides of anything one chooses to imbibe in.... remain in denial if you so choose, I am simply letting people know that it is a possible negaitive effect.
Is it not a good idea to be aware of the negative effects of what you choose to partake of? Be that carrots or pot? Wow....
 MrEEE
Msg: 972
Posted: 8/18/2007 3:33:30 PM
My point was, a study can be done, and the results can be skewed easily to go one way or another. There are plenty of studies that were performed by very credible people that say pot does and does not hurt you. In fact, the last I heard on the raido about 2 weeks ago says it can help PREVENT a mental illness--alzimers (sp). I suspect many of the studies that say it hurts you are hand picked by a interest group with power of the media that is against smoking pot, and studies that say it is not dangerous are ignored. Not unlike the climetologist that say global warming is not caused by man--they are ignored also. Did you learn your stuff in a liberial university?
 sassyaquarius
Msg: 973
Posted: 8/18/2007 3:59:44 PM
^^ I am talking about information in the DSM IV, which psychiatrists use to diagnose mental illness and also what I have seen working in the mental health field, if I were referring to a specific study I would have included the citation to back it up.

There are positive and negative effects of everything, why disregard completely the negative?? Whatever floats your boat....
 MrEEE
Msg: 974
Posted: 8/18/2007 4:24:25 PM
[qoute]There are positive and negative effects of everything, why disregard completely the negative??

Because I have a lot of personal experience with the stuff. Why do you insist the negative (which is based on studies sweetie) is the absolute truth?

Your a sharp gal. I remember in my abnormal psyc course years ago, there was a famous psychiatrist that was skitso (sorry--no way I am spelling that--lol). Thoroziene was, and may be still , a drug that was commonly used to calm them down. It is pretty much a chemical lobotomy. The Dr. had a bad bout, and he used the drug. He later went into remission, and told his students to take the drug themself, before they perscribe it. I can't remember the Dr.'s name--do you know who I am talking about?

His personal exp changed his mind about the use of that drug.
 sassyaquarius
Msg: 975
Posted: 8/18/2007 4:34:33 PM

Why do you insist the negative (which is based on studies sweetie) is the absolute truth?
First of all, I am not your sweetie, let's get that straight right off the hop, secondly, the studies are what back up the DSM IV... go ahead and research it.

I decided to share this inforamtion because another poster said that smoking pot does NOT cause psychosis, when I know that it CAN.

Your thorazine story.... what point did it have? While also having some positive effects in the treatment of psychosis and hallucinations, it can also have some negative effects....... if anything that does nothing but prove what I have been saying...

That it is good to be aware of the negative effects of what you choose to partake in. Wow.....
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > can non-pot smokers handle pot smokers?