Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 mascot1
Msg: 1320
can non-pot smokers handle pot smokers?Page 45 of 77    (37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77)
Can non pot smokers handle pot smokers? That would always lead to who the people are aside from what they chose to alter their perceptions anyways, because afterall, anyone can be a****
(A little background)From my experience, with my last boyfriend I very very rarely smoked pot, I did mushrooms and E much more often. I found me not smoking pot was strain on him, but than I realized if anything didn't go his way he was strained. If he did not have weed he would act like someone addicted to cigarettes or coffee. I would laugh inside really, while he would be irritable,just because it was the end of the world everytime. For a relationship to work, if one smokes weed and one does not, I think the one that does not may have to put up with some attitude with humor if that happens, and the conversations are always interesting! I don't really know many people that don't do anything. I find I get along great with pot smokers, and if they are okay with me not smoking it than its all good!
 dancecard
Msg: 1321
view profile
History
can non-pot smokers handle pot smokers?
Posted: 12/25/2008 10:05:32 PM
Agreed ~ the penalty fails to fit the crime here in the US ~ thats considering you not caught with several Kilos ~ The intent to traffic ~ would then be there.

and this discussing regarding weed , has been going on since the late 60's that I'm personally aware of. ~ and there has been some progress made ~ in some areas of the country. ~ But I have found good sense and laws often have little in common.

There is an industry out there ~ that runs on money ~ and the name of the game is to catch you in a compromising position and extract as much money as they can from you or ~~ your family, that loves you and hates to see you locked up.

These judges , lawyers, jailer, sheriffs, policeman , bailbonds men ~ depend on your predisposition to show contempt and willfully violate these laws.

My brother got pulled over in Bubba Ville Texas one night as he was making a cross counrty road trip. ~~Officer Braney asked the standard question, ~ and then asked , "Whats that?" ~~ he had left a one hitter laying on the doghouse of the Van. ~~ He says ," It's a GD one hitter!"

They put him in braclets and woke up the Judge ~~ They found him guilty and fined him 10 dollars less then what he was carrying in this wallet , some 245 dollars ~ and told him to hit the road and don't come back. ~~

and that about as plesant as the story can get ~~ thats being lucky!

Quote;The economy went to shit because of Americans living beyond their means. The average American has 7 credit cards, many with balances in the five figure mark. That was not my fault. America is so f*cked ~reply ; and know body blames you for anything ~~ and American is very large and has many people ~ there are many reasons for the present state of affairs ~ that have nothing to do with most of us over spending and you know little about what an average American might have or do. ~ Where you been getting your info from?

This statement reeks of the smell of weed , something a burnt out hippy might be caught saying ~~

LOL ! ~ funny ~

Dance
 mountain_biker_88
Msg: 1322
Posted: 12/25/2008 11:57:00 PM
Well Tomic, I don't smoke marijuana anymore, and i haven't for many years.... If you would have read some of my posts you have known that. I guess reading is not something you excel at. That could explain your ignorance regarding this subject.

I quit smoking weed because i wanted to go into nursing, which is a field where you are subject to drug testing at anytime. It's something that happens pretty frequently too. Another reason why I've stopped is because i have asthma, and it's not really a good idea for me to smoke anything. I stopped several years ago, and do you know what happened. Nothing. I had more severe withdrawels from quitting tobacco. Now let me explain something to you, when i smoked marijuana, I had no qualms of telling people that I used it. Most people did not care. If i was still using marijuana, I would not hesitate to put that on my profile.

I also wanted to ask you, do you take any prescription medication? Hypertension medicine, Insulin, Anti-depressents? What about a Tylenol when you have a headache? I also see that on you're profile you mentioned you drink socially. Guess what you sanctimonious hypocrite, you're using "drugs" Please don't tell even tell me that you using alcohol socially is safer then someone using marijuana socially.

It's also very obvious that you're not able to come up with any rebuttals to any of my arguments, so you resort to ad hominem attacks. I guess it's completely beyond your comprehension that someone who does not use marijuana would support common sense drug laws. Also, I will not have my character questioned by the likes of you. I dedicate my life to caring for the sick, the elderly, and the dying. I can promise you one thing, most people who know me personally or professionally will speak highly of me. So please get off of your high horse, you're no better the anyone else on this message board, and that includes the pot heads.

I would also like to say something to psyche1954 in regards to her claim that only "2" people use medical pot. I can tell you've I've cared for many patients who have been prescribed Dronabinol, a legal synthetic version of THC. Why is it ok for someone to take something made by Watson Pharmaceuticals but it's a felony for him to grow the same stuff in his garden. Please explain that to me.
 ~~McLovin~~
Msg: 1323
Posted: 12/26/2008 1:28:45 AM
Well I don't consider pot a "drug"... I consider, methamphetamine's , ecstasy and other chemical substances to be drugs. That should explain why I don't put that on my profile, besides, all posts show up in your history anyways. So not like it's hidden.
 mikesignify30
Msg: 1324
Posted: 12/26/2008 3:09:26 AM
Pot smoker = drug addict

a rose by any other name is still a rose.
 dancecard
Msg: 1325
view profile
History
Posted: 12/26/2008 4:57:42 AM
I find these durg test difficult to pass without study time! and if you have a job of an import or work for yourself in an industury that requires you to be insured ~ in "any" way ~ ~ The insurance company can drug test all after any incident and or request random testing for no reason at all! ~ just because! ~ if you cut a arm off ~or kill 6 people and you come up dirty ~ guess what?

The thing is ~ is a matter of human life and property damage ~ and who's is at fault and who's a risk ~ who's to garantee an acceptable outcome ~ that will incourage people to invest their money ~ to agree to build that bridge ~ or Hydro-Electric -plant.

Seen the thing is , ~~ WE all know what POT does to the human brain ~ it makes you think your smart! Aggrorantly smart people ~ are clumsy both socially and professionally ~ and in fact ~ everyway there is to be clumsy. ~ It's the effect of the "DRUG" ~ ~ "Panamal Red, will steal your woman then it'll steal your head!"

So smoke up if you choice ~ and try to stay out of heavy traffic!

Dance
 HarleyKat~
Msg: 1326
Posted: 12/26/2008 8:15:32 AM

He got around my "does drugs" rule, because he with held that info, saying he does it socially and occasionally.

THIS is exactly what the problem is for ME, personally. Everything that Mountain Biker88 said, makes perfect sense...and I am ok with those who smoke...I just don't want them smoking when they are working for me, or in my presence. And I HATE to be lied to. If you smoke, and are so proud of such...and you are convinced that there is nothing wrong with such...you vehemently defend such...THEN LIST IT IN YOUR PROFILE. Yes, check the "does drugs socially" selection, and don't justify your lying by not checking it, with, "Well, I do not consider pot a drug."

All of these arguments about alcohol versus drugs....when it gets down to the nitty gritty, we ALL KNOW that what POF is asking, with the selections...is Drugs equals recreational marijuana, cocaine, heroin, crack, meth, speed, downers, etc...and NOT alcohol because THAT IS A SEPERATE QUESTION, duh oh!

I know the OT was not about the selections...but seriously, folks! YES...non pot smokers CAN co-exist with pot smokers...if they are honest. :O)
 cleansed 2.0
Msg: 1327
Posted: 12/26/2008 8:31:04 AM
I am embarrassed that you could have this opinion and be Canadian. The only reason we haven't fully legalized MJ is purely from pressure from not wanting to lose the Americans as our Number one country we wish to export to.
As a canadian you would be familiar with Pierre Burton, sad to say to you but he was a pot smoker his whole life but would you consider him to be an idiot or lazy?
The only reason no one knew this was an economic reason for his career, had he let it be known to close minded people like you, he most likely wouldn't have garnered the respect or legacy that he left behind.
It wasn't until barely weeks before his death that it became public and he did it on Rick Mercer's show.
I can't be sure you have any respect for either gentlemen but perhaps you may want to look a little closer at some of the people you admire or purchase books and music from.
Read a little history of how it came to pass that MJ became illegal in the first place and you would see that it was a political maneuver to be able to kick mexicans out of the states at a whim. It had nothing to do with the effects of pot but because like how you are holding on to your opinion it became something akin to a child who could not admit to a lie even after being caught red handed with their hand in the cookie jar.

It takes a bigger man to realize they may actually be wrong.
 TOMic bomb
Msg: 1328
Posted: 12/26/2008 2:50:12 PM
it takes a straight thinking man to know the difference between right and wrong.

being a doper is wrong in MOST people's opinion or marijuana would be legal.
 mountain_biker_88
Msg: 1329
Posted: 12/26/2008 3:08:35 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

It use to be legal to own slaves? Does that make it right?

It's legal to be an alcoholic and drink everyday, Does that make it right?

Marijuana prohibition is a joke, that's why you're still unable to give a good reason why it's illegal.
 TOMic bomb
Msg: 1330
Posted: 12/26/2008 3:21:41 PM
when people like you are in the majority you can change the laws but so far you are not. most people don't want to be chained to maryjane!!! lol
 mountain_biker_88
Msg: 1331
Posted: 12/26/2008 3:58:10 PM
Don't worry it will happen. Many municapalities in the country are relegating the enforcement of marijuana laws to the lowest priority. I can't blame them either. I would rather law enforcement officers worry about murderers, rapists, and people who manufacture meth, then go after citizens who smoke weed.

I think drug laws are going to be on the books for awhile because no politicians want to be labaled, "soft on drugs". What's going to happened is it's going to be like the bans on sodomy, jaywalking, or oral sex (this is actually illegal in Missouri). The fact that we are now having referendums on legalizing medical marijuana and the decriminalization of recreational weed show that the attitudes in this country are changing.

One other thing tomic bomb no one is chained to mary jane. It's not physically addictive. It's like being addicted to sex, gambling, or video games. Watch someone try to quit cold turkey from heroin, cocaine, methamphetamine, or even alcohol. Then compare it with someone who quits marijuana in the same fashion. You'll see what i am talking about.
 lookin4smiles
Msg: 1332
Posted: 12/26/2008 4:52:48 PM
I don't think so. Long term usage of pot or using alot of pot seems to make pot-smokers very very forgetful. It got frustrating then finally too much to handle especially when he forgot important events. Then it got to the point where it hurt b/c there was this, "who-cares" attitude and he preferred to sit on the couch for hours and hours stoned away even when the kids begged him to come out to play with them. No. Can't date a pot-head.
 UnWanted4
Msg: 1333
Posted: 12/26/2008 5:38:44 PM
on a similar note.. i like the profiles that answer no to drug user.. but later in their about me sections they will slide something in there about loving their 420... do they not think pot is a drug??
 cleansed 2.0
Msg: 1334
Posted: 12/27/2008 6:38:19 AM
On the same token , do you not know that coffee is a drug? or alchohol? the list is long my friend of things that are excepted because they paid off the right political pockets.

Just this morning I came accross an old photo from prohibition times that showed protests to legalize beer, all dressed in suits.
Even is one was to admit that okay in a very loose interpretation of the meaning that it is a drug, no one here of the nay sayers has really given any rational reasons for it to be illegal other than what they have been told.
A lazy person is a lazy person whether he drinks or smokes or whatever.

A closed mind is a terrible thing to have a rational debate with.
 kkkiiimmm
Msg: 1335
Posted: 12/27/2008 8:36:33 AM
i love the smell of pot, but i don't smoke it anymore. i guess it depends on how frequent of a smoker the other person is. 24/7 i can't handle.
 HarleyKat~
Msg: 1336
Posted: 12/27/2008 9:19:12 AM

On the same token , do you not know that coffee is a drug? or alchohol? the list is long my friend of things that are excepted because they paid off the right political pockets.

A closed mind is a terrible thing to have a rational debate with.

It's not about a rational debate....the poster was talking specifically about POF PROFILES...and thus the point I have been trying to make in reference to POF PROFILES. Unless you are not the brightest crayon in the box....everyone KNOWS that the drop down selections for DRUGS means....recreational drugs...NOT coffee, alcohol (there is a seperate one for that!!), prescribed unabused drugs, or freaking fertilizer, for that matter!

Sheesh! Is it too much to ask that people answer questions honestly and not try to skirt the truth with this sort of bullsh1t??
 cleansed 2.0
Msg: 1337
Posted: 12/27/2008 11:23:41 AM
Then wouldn't it make it a heck of a lot easier if the question was changed to "do you smoke pot?" ? yes , no, occasionally, or socially.
We could avoid this crap semantic BS about whether it is a drug and move on.

If I do not believe it is a drug then it does not apply to me. Heroin, cocainne, meth, LSD, ecstasy are drugs.
 SAguy_06
Msg: 1338
Posted: 12/27/2008 3:48:08 PM
Who didnt smoke weed back in the seventies...

Now I work on lots of Military bases and am piss tested often...not worth losing my beer money over.

I dont think I could date someone that toked...think I would see her as immature.
 mascot1
Msg: 1339
Posted: 12/27/2008 7:41:05 PM
I know people will get upset about this, but cest le vie, thats life. Anyways, back to the question "Can non pot smokers handle pot smokers?" well, not on this forum! hahaha, honestly I love that we were all able to say these points on the internet, you know, I love Canada and the United States because we are free and able, if you don't want it you don't have to take it. Prescription drugs, yes, drugs, are seeming 'addictive' too, psychologically. I've seen 2 women I used to work with freak out if they didn't take their 'calm me down bought from the shelf in any store pills'. Of course thats not what its was called but I'm just making clear whether it be Midol, Asperin, Tylenol, people do freak out for it. Coffee and nicotine, ya, some people see those as drugs too, because it affects thier bodies and becomes addictive. I've watched my mom kick her caffeine addiction and she had the feverish sweats and major headaches, has anyone here not had thier daily dose of caffeine/nicotine???? lets stop talking about what is drugs and what is not. Can non pot smokers handle pot smokers? That would always lead to who the people are aside from what they chose to alter their perceptions anyways, because after all, anyone can be a di*k.
At the end of the day arguing over the internet is like winning the Special Olympics. Even if you win; you’re still retarded.
 SAguy_06
Msg: 1340
Posted: 12/27/2008 10:48:49 PM

At the end of the day arguing over the internet is like winning the Special Olympics. Even if you win; you’re still retarded.

Youre 24 years old and you make statements like this...Id expect something like this from a 15 y/o boy...

These Fourms are for grown folk...If you want to play like a kid, go back to My Space or where ever you kids hang.
 pretty9868
Msg: 1341
Posted: 12/28/2008 3:03:45 AM
Wow!!!!
What a response Kyle
You speak the truth with such passion.
I found myself agreeing with statement after statement you made.

nothing wrong with your brain cells lol
 dancecard
Msg: 1342
view profile
History
Posted: 12/28/2008 6:14:13 AM
great thing about life ~ there someting for everyone ~ and there is a time and place.

it's all these differences ~ that keep us amused and entertained ~ with all these likes , dislikes and preferences.

We've all a head full of illusions on some level ~ some comfort zone.

So ~ what is it that you want and enjoy in your life?

Myself ~ I reached a point years ago ~ I like to keep life simple and clear, realizing I'm not smart enough to handycap my mind with trips to la la land. ~ but I've still got the sticker on my luggage and remember the jorneys and how I got here, where I'm at today. ~

I've no interest in putting "laws" in effect to make it any easier from you then it was for me.

and as for profile ~ they should indicate where you are today! ~ and no need to reflect where you've been.

Dance
 jus dave
Msg: 1343
Posted: 12/28/2008 7:41:32 AM
mascot1...really poor taste...really. gosh forbid any spawn you push out needs help in the world of mental health.

sincerely

dave
 slapyouallnow
Msg: 1344
view profile
History
Posted: 12/28/2008 5:18:30 PM
Who is Kyle?
What does he have to do with weed?

Everyone knows that stuff can mess with your mind and kill you.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >