Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > can non-pot smokers handle pot smokers?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 adf67
Msg: 1101
can non-pot smokers handle pot smokers?Page 45 of 77    (37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77)
Why in the HELL would you risk going to jail for someone who is breaking the law? If your with them & they have drug's in your car, you go to jail. Is it worth it? Do you have children? Is it worth dating a drug user to risk losing your children, not to mention going to jail & getting a record. NEVER!
 newblue1970
Msg: 1102
can non-pot smokers handle pot smokers?
Posted: 8/27/2008 3:10:06 PM
I have never done drugs and would never date anyone that does. If they had done it in the past (as an immature kid) and are done with it now, that would be OK. But if they were an adult (say over 30) and still partaking? See ya...

Its a drug, its illegal. And you have to get it from dealers and can never be 100% sure that it doesnt contain other ingredients, so you are risking your health. Anyone with custody of their kids is taking a HUGE risk. You can easily lose your kids if you get caught, or the ex finds out. Judges do NOT like a parent bringing a criminal element into the home with a minor.

And what about jobs that have drug tests? Is it worth limiting yourself in making a living because you cant pass one?

Basically it comes down to priorities. Is getting high more important to you than breaking the law, risking your children, your health, and your career?

And to the guy who said his dating life was being impacted negatively... its all about priorities... I'll take a woman every time!
 *in*spired
Msg: 1103
Posted: 8/27/2008 8:46:57 PM
Pot is not simply harmless. I have met many "used to be users" who now have a chronic (pun intended) kind of lethargy; a depression. One such girl who was head of A major companies Workmans Comp. Division, an attorney who put herself through school by the motivating effects of pot. She had quit some years prior yet was suffering from a long term debillitating effect. Pot can be like that. There are brain imaging pictures that show where areas of the brain become deactivated by regular use of pot. Also, pot is a drug that has a close association with a thing called "State Dependant Learning". This is where you require the drug in order to perform what you learn while under the influence of the drug. If you use it for relaxation, then it's likely you may find it difficult when not under it's influence to achieve relaxation. If you use it for insight or creativity, then it's likely again to leave you less capable of deeper reasoning and imaginative creative thinking. Often times, I've also seen where it's used in place of a better suited medication like an anti-depressant. There are scores of people that don't make the connection between their previous use of Pot and mental deficits today.

I would be concerned about dating a user.
 Michae7272
Msg: 1104
view profile
History
Posted: 8/28/2008 11:39:24 AM
Hong Kong Phooey was TOTALY a pot head, who’s with me here?!?

Okay, so personally while I will have a relationship with a pot smoker but ONLY if it is say 3-4 times a year. Once every couple of months and even than it is NOT around me, but around people who can be trusted. I was brought up seeing it as an equivalent to getting drunk. This is another thing I don’t like being around, a significant other who gets drunk more than 2-3 times a year is really irritating to me. Some drinking and getting a buzz sure, but not drunk. More over there are too many career jobs out there that test for drugs regularly now days. It just isn’t worth the years of school some people put in, even the effort of working up to a higher position that you’re willing to risk for a night of "fun".

So in short, yes but very conditionally. It would be something I hope they would grow out of some day too, though I would not ask them to do so.
 lostintheshuffle
Msg: 1105
Posted: 9/4/2008 3:19:38 PM
In my experience it is more like can pot smokers handle non pot smokers? :-)
 Dean Moriarty
Msg: 1106
Posted: 9/4/2008 8:09:13 PM
To the list of famous, accomplished pot-smokers, don't forget: William F. Buckley. I still wonder why his wife didn't throw his lazy a$$ out of the house. Getting elected to congress, writing books and essays, and founding and editing a journal, all that shows what kind of disgusting laziness it made of him.

I can certainly understand why someone would never want to date a pot-smoker after dating one who had some defect. After all, I feel the similarly about my ex, who was a very unpleasant person and had two breasts. Ever since seeing the light and breaking up with her, I have been looking for that ideal woman with an odd number of breasts. Because I learned, oh so well, what having two breasts means!!!! Been there, done that! Bought the video! Come on, folks, that logic does not get you anywhere. Things like pot may be appropriate in some contexts but not in others, and the majority of folks complaining about pot users are actually complaining about people who do things in excess and inappropriately. I like alcohol, on occasion and in the right circumstance, but lots and lots of people (many in my own family) don't heed those boundaries and they ruin people's lives. I love cupcakes, but gosh, overeating makes you fat and gives you numerous health problems and it makes finding your thingy difficult. I love swimming, but hey, what if I went swimming in a river full of crocodiles? It could be very unhealthy! What if I ate all my meals at McDonald's? Yes, we saw the movie, it did not seem like a good idea, did it?

I happen to live in Latin America, where abuse of alcohol is by far the greatest social evil around. Every few days, I have to drive up onto curb to avoid a passed-out man blocking the street. These folks are everywhere, especially on Sunday morning. His children suffer greatly, his wife, his job. Pot has never come close to causing this kind of social wreckage, anywhere, in any society, never at any point in history.

You might call me an old-school hippie, but I do think that controlled (not stupid) pot use can enlighten, entertain, relax, pacify. It relieves pain and nausea for cancer and migraine victims. Pot, unlike alcohol and alkaloids, is not addicting or toxic under almost any dosage regime.

This is not a bong call, just trying to put some perspective on the issue. Someone that smokes too much dope, eats too many twinkies, drinks too much, or watches too much tv, is not interesting in my book, but there can be moments for each (yes, pot and twinkies might make a good combination!). Each of us has our own preferences for those kinds of activities, and in some cases, we have big weaknesses for some of them that addict us easily. I like TV, but not every day and not for hours at a time! I like pot, but not before church! I like twinkies, but after dinner, not before!!! If you don't eat your meat, you can't have any pudding!!!
 The rock man
Msg: 1107
Posted: 9/4/2008 8:17:05 PM
Depends, can the straight person bake really good cookies?

Will the straight person mind doing munchies runs?

What a pot smokers favorite body part? EAR......
 HarleyKat~
Msg: 1108
Posted: 9/4/2008 8:25:07 PM
Oh, Joy! A two year old, pot smokers thread, revived! **yawn**

Itsa' dealbreaker for me....I don't care about all the arguments and comparisons of pot to alcohol/tobacco. If it is in the car, my home, or on the person when they are with me...and I find out such...it's DONE.
 TragicallyHip
Msg: 1109
Posted: 9/5/2008 4:44:13 AM
You know, I don't judge people for doing it -- heck I am partial to nicotine and alcohol myself -- but for some reason I find it such a turnoff.

Part of it is that I lived with a couple of stoners in college, and all they did was smoke, eat, sleep, smoke, eat, sleep. It's was just so boring, uninteresting and unattractive to me.

I'd much rather go out and DO stuff, I don't need a drug that is gonna make me sleepy and fat. lol

Nor do I particularly want to hang out with people who are into that lifestyle.

Does that sound judgmental? I don't mean it to be, just not my preference that's all. I don't even care if it gets legalized, heck, the way it's going now, my favorites drugs are going to be illegal soon too. Then I will be asking all the stoners for tips on hiding my stash of Merit Ultralights. lol
 mancandy1966
Msg: 1110
view profile
History
Posted: 9/5/2008 4:51:51 AM
Good attitude girl i dont really drink but i enjoy a spliff whats the problem with that
 mancandy1966
Msg: 1111
view profile
History
Posted: 9/5/2008 5:08:38 AM
Raven is the man he knows what hes on about and he leaves nothing to be added to this thread...... except Skin up a big spliff
 Aries0328
Msg: 1112
Posted: 9/5/2008 7:55:16 AM

Oh, Joy! A two year old, pot smokers thread, revived! **yawn**

Oh come on. For all the times when some posts a topic and is hounded by the "do a thread search" police and voted off the island someone does that and still gets a complaint :-) At least it is not a two year old "help me now" thread where the OP abandoned the site a long time ago and people respond as though it was a new post. That's funny.

I don't have an issue with pot itself and tend to agree with some of the justifications for using it. However, I do not and will not consider dating someone that has that as any part of their life. It is not worth the risk. Dealers are criminals and can be very bad and dangerous people. It is illegal and it's not like the 70's where its like a 'fix it' ticket. There is real jail time and the loss of freedom involved and anyone that risks that for a temporary fun feeling is in my mind insane and not someone I can take seriously. Anyone that risks my life and freedom for their temporary fun I would not want in my life.
 Brooklyn...Brooklyn
Msg: 1113
Posted: 9/5/2008 8:13:14 AM
You wanna know what's sad?
All the people who knock pot.

Get 2 people.
One who's drunk
One who's stoned on pot.

Stand them beside eachother.
The one whos falling all over them selfs and making a big scene is the drunk one.
He cant function he cant hold a convo without repeating himself.
The STONED ON WEED guy???
Oh thats the one who is standing there and other than his red eyes and a giggle here or there.....you cant even tell.
I bet he can hold a convo wthout repeating the same sentance over and over.

Look...
ALcohol...is legal and thats a shame cuz its causing divorces and killing people.
Pot is illegal and the worst it might do to you is give you the munchies.
My point is.....?
Dont knock it till you try it.
By the way to all those who say things on this thread like...OH Im a SO and SO and IIIIII wouldnt hang out with a pot head....
You know what IIII say to that?
I dont hang out with drunks or boozers.
There embarrassing and they smell...You cant TAKE them anywhere.
I say make booze illegal NOT pot.
Its the lesser of the two.
SOOOO
to all those who are on here knocking weed down...
Your not any better if you drink.
No...No your not.
Look Pot is a natural plant that grows in the dirt.
Ya wanna know whats not natural?
Drunken loosers who walk around thinkin there BETTER than someone.
If you partake in drinking....think twice befor you knock a pot user.
Man made booze
God made Pot
WHo do YOU trust??????
 PeachyZ
Msg: 1114
view profile
History
Posted: 9/5/2008 8:13:50 AM
I don't get your logic! Date a cigarette smoker... but not a pot smoker? Someone who knowingly commits suicide by lighting up a cancer stick and someone who lights up a doobie? Besides do you drink alcohohol? Booze kills more people a year in this country than pot... wake up folks! When they outlaw booze and cigarettes then let's discuss the harmful effects of canibus!
 Aries0328
Msg: 1115
Posted: 9/5/2008 8:23:18 AM
The two posters above...

You know what scares me about it... 'Being arrested for you being in my car and trying to stash it under the seat!"

Kind of the same thing with alcohol. Oh yeah, and guess what... Even cigaretts are going the same way.

You know what I think is evil... Arresting someone that smokes pot for medical reasons.

Society sucks but when you have a child and a responsible life these things matter and being with someone that can't seem to understand why that matters is a deal breaker. Not that I think there is any chance that you would be in my car... sigh... Not that there is any possibility of anyone being in my car in the near future... Oh crap, I need a drink now
 PeachyZ
Msg: 1116
view profile
History
Posted: 9/5/2008 8:25:56 AM
You're brilliant... what are you doing Saturday night? You are so right... there are much more evils in the world than pot. Pot is not addicting, does not cause permanent damage, does not burn brain cells as eluded to above. There are only a few things that pot has been documented as having some problems with and that is still not consistant and not written in stone.

1. If used at an early age under the age of 20 years chronically it is beleived that the persons emotional age will stay that age. ie the person will stay 15 if the person starts to use daily at age 15.

2. It can become an anti-motivator in some people. However, in some people it does have the opposite effect.

3. It does have tar as does cigaretts but not the additives, nicotine, and poisons in it that they do.

Again, alcohol is much more dangerous than pot.
 Brooklyn...Brooklyn
Msg: 1117
Posted: 9/5/2008 8:37:46 AM
Dude...wayyy too much listening to the song "riding dirty"
Sheesh ....
if your with someone who stashes weed in your car...get a new friend man.
They didnt stash it cuz there a "pot head" They stashed it cuz theyre a Retard.
 dazx
Msg: 1118
Posted: 9/5/2008 8:55:52 AM

I've had some SERIOUS debates and philosophical discussions made under the influence of friend Mary Jane ;)
Discussions that would most likey baffle your mind and cognitive understanding. Such that would be beyond your level of comprehension.

I seriously doubt that...pothead logic,once again comparing pot to alcohol and how much safer/healthier it is. No one is saying alcohol is good for you,it isn't,neither is pot.... abstaining from BOTH is your best bet! If one needs a chemical habit to articulate themselves,or ponder philosophy and existenialism,then one isn't using their god given brain properly.....or was einstein a pothead? Nope,he wasn't. Pot doesn't CURE cancer people,it eases pain...so does morphine.....you want cures? Then promote stem cell research fer chrissakes and stop promoting a drug that robs people of their potential.
 TxCougarBaby
Msg: 1119
Posted: 9/5/2008 8:56:28 AM
THAT was FUNNY!!

I agree on the questions you posed...

OK - NOW THE REAL DEAL......

I have been on both sides of the fence on this issue. The worst drug around is alcohol. I lost 2 husbands - one to liver failure, one to suicide. Both had issues with alcohol. ( I AM the one that picks up stray puppies....) Yes, I divorced them both, due to the issue. And the kids? I can't begin to tell you what they went through

They were both bright, articulate men - wonderful in every way... except alcohol. I would have rather they smoked pot. They may very well still be alive if that was their vice.

I would NOT have had to stand by my 3 children as we buried their fathers within 2 years of each other..... Try to tell your 12 year old boy that his daddy died. (Tears now..) Watching them try to hold back tears and "be a man".... Holding them at night when they cried and couldn't say why.. I KNEW WHY. Both boys lost their dad at age 12! Right when they needed their dad the most to teach them how to BE a man. I do the best I can, but I am a Mom, so I just tell them about their dad and what he would say, or do, and that I know he is watching and very proud of them

My daughter was 18 at the time and still has major issues with it.

I'll take a pot smoker over a drunk ANY DAY OF THE WEEK!
 Pers14
Msg: 1120
Posted: 9/5/2008 9:03:42 AM
I am an occasional pot smoker, and I have many friends who partake. If I'm not in the mood, I'll just ...not. I was talking to a very nice fishie this week and pot came up. I'm honest to a fault and I told him how often I smoke and my views on it. He is strongly against it, to the point of reporting smokers to the police. So, I asked him how he'd feel/react if we were camping with my friends and the joint came around and I partook of it. He said he'd get up and leave. I totally respected that, but I had to say to him that I'm looking for someone who would not be negative about it around my friends, and someone who would not necessarily partake, but would still sit by me.

My husband was conservative and rigid to the point of bullying and abuse, so I told this very nice fellow that I was sorry, but we're not a match. I'm sad about it, and maybe it was my fears talking (fears of being around a negative and controlling man again), but I just felt in my gut that I'm too liberal for him. He thanked me for my honesty, expressed that he too was sad because we had a lot in common, and that was it. I'm bummed but I'll live.

The funny part is, that I don't smoke MJ often at all as my friends live a fewhours away from me and we visit only a few times a year, but I just pictured wanting to have my man meet and spend time with my friends, but if he'd be uncomfortable or a 'wet blanket'...ah, I'd rather be alone.
 Aries0328
Msg: 1121
Posted: 9/5/2008 9:08:21 AM

Pot doesn't CURE cancer people,it eases pain...so does morphine.....you want cures

So, morphine over pot for easing pain and sickness from cancer is better???? That's kind of twisted. It helps them deal with the sickness from therapy and helps them eat. Keeping it illegal for such a simple, cheap, and effective means for helping someone in a severe crisis is unethical, immoral and cruel. OMG they could even grow it themselves and not have to pay major drug companies thousands of dollars for perscriptions. And in 30 to 50 years after anything from stem cell research finally passes all the approval stages and is somewhere around $500.00 a pill you think it's ethical to make sure that no one has access to something that helps them cope? That's insane, and we live in an insane world.
 Brooklyn...Brooklyn
Msg: 1122
Posted: 9/5/2008 9:19:11 AM
There was a time when God himself was creating greatness.
When he made all things.
In this time God made a plant we call pot.
Looking at the plant itself....
Would you say he made it for the pretty pink flowers on it for us to marvel at?
No...it has no pretty pink flowers.
Why then...do you think God himself created the pot plant?
It has one main purpose, and its not the colorful flowers that grow out of it...no...no its not.
Mabey JUUUUUST mabey
God thought hey...
Through all the trials and tribulations of people on earth mabey I can make a wonderful plant that will ease pain and suffering and that can help with panick attacks and with stress managment, and numerous other ailments.
Check this out
Genisis::
God said, "I have given you every plant with seeds on the face of the earth and every tree that has fruit with seeds. This will be your food. I have given all green plants as food to every land animal, every bird in the sky, and every animal that crawls on the earth-every living, breathing animal." And so it was. And God saw everything that he had made AND THAT IT WAS VERY GOOD.

SO Id like all of the "nay sayers" to walk up to God and go
Hey God...
Ya we think all the things youve done were good except Pot...You failed when you made that.

Come on people who are we to judge?
God himself made it.
I think he did it for a reason....
 Momtwokasnang
Msg: 1123
Posted: 9/5/2008 9:23:04 AM
I don't care if a guy I dates smokes it as long as he can AFFORD to for one and doesn't do it around me or my property.
 Aries0328
Msg: 1124
Posted: 9/5/2008 9:48:49 AM

God himself made it.

that is the worst argument on the planet :-)

How about,
"The results of our triple blind study are..."

Cyanide is natural as well. Don't really wanna go smokin that now do ya! Oh wait... isn't that found in cigarette smoke also... Ok... Some mushrooms are not magic :-)
 Dean Moriarty
Msg: 1125
Posted: 9/6/2008 8:37:18 AM
I think we have a consensus here, divided into cohorts.

Some non-pot smokers can not tolerate pot smokers in their lives.

Some non-pot smokers can tolerate pot smokers under prescribed conditions.

There are a variety of reasons given for not liking pot smokers. Most of them involve broad generalizations that only apply to the excesses of stupid people, and certainly not to many others. Pot is liked by many and may provide inspiration, relaxation, and even therapeutic benefits, but just like sugar, chocolate, alcohol and cigarrettes, can be abused. While pot abuse may be deleterious, it causes far less severe negative effects than alcohol, cigarrettes and even overeating.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > can non-pot smokers handle pot smokers?