Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 BrrlRcnChic
Msg: 1391
view profile
History
can non-pot smokers handle pot smokers?Page 49 of 77    (37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77)
Okay... What's the freakin' deal!?!?! It's a PLANT!!! Alcohol has to be MADE & it's legal. It does more damage than the ganga. Weed, you can just pick it & smoke it!!! It's au-natural. EVERYONE has either smoked it or is curious about it. That's my stand. I'm actual a non-smoker now, but I'm not opposed of it either. Could care less either way.
 southernlady1840
Msg: 1392
can non-pot smokers handle pot smokers?
Posted: 1/21/2009 8:03:36 AM
HMMMM well i guess that is one of those personal questions that you have to ask yourself if you are comfortable with it... I personally am not but then again we are different people...
 Snapington
Msg: 1393
Posted: 1/21/2009 11:07:36 AM
Cough cough uh you guys still on this topic? exhales smoke cloud....... ahhhhhhhhhh
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 1394
Posted: 1/21/2009 2:06:44 PM
~OT~ NOPE. I finally added a quip to my profile on this very subject. If "he's" not over his stoner days by my age, he's not getting over his stoner days. I have no interest in losing my freedom for someone's illegal drug of choice. (Besides, when I'm in the same room with someone, it would novel if we are in the same general time zone ~ augh I hate that stupid look that screams, "I have NO clue what I just said, but I'd sure love some nachos.") To each their own, it's a no-no for my future ~ no exceptions.
 PunkRock14
Msg: 1395
Posted: 1/21/2009 6:03:29 PM
Mmmmmmm Nachos ...... You got papers ?
 honey_babes
Msg: 1396
Posted: 1/24/2009 1:46:24 AM
I personally will not date someone who smokes pot. Just very unattractive! A personal preference, not saying it's a bad thing.
 ripley65
Msg: 1397
Posted: 1/24/2009 7:20:58 AM

Only speaking for myself......... nope. Wont even remotely consider dating anyone who smokes it.
 carolann0308
Msg: 1398
view profile
History
Posted: 1/24/2009 8:00:10 AM
I imagine your life would be a lot easier with someone that smoked it as well. Eventually a non-smoker will get pretty fed up.
 ~Hello~
Msg: 1399
Posted: 1/24/2009 9:07:23 AM
...........................................................................................................................................

I have No problems with Pot smokers. Cigarettes (nicotene) I am deathly allergic to. This is something that 'many' don't seem to understand. They are Not the same. One is full of poisonous chemicals, the other Natural.

IMO - A puff of Pot is no more substantial than a beer. Now, if you're talking someone whose life revolves around it, who puts off bills in favour of it .. well .. substance abuse is substance abuse. I'd be no more for that than I would for an 'active' alcoholic. Substance abuse doesn't make for a healthy relationship.

Also IMO - there are much worse things to be concerned about than a little herb!! Where I live the Big Issue is Prescription Pills!! OMG!! There are people who shouldn't be Walking let alone Driving on some of these deadly narcotics!!

I have dumped a guy (couple years back) over his pill use! Falling asleep at noon, at the wheel .. nah .. You can have your pills, you can have your booze, you can have any of those (not so) 'wonderful' new designer drugs AND you can have your cigarettes too!!
I'll take a little Herb anyday!

fffffffffffffffffffffffft eeeeeee'er
 robernj
Msg: 1400
view profile
History
Posted: 1/24/2009 10:26:07 AM
I have dated one or two, and possibly would again, as I have no problem with pot smokers in general. The problem is that I have yet to find a pot smoker who doesn't try to push it on me 24/7.

That is the main reason I beleive pot users and non-users generally don't mix well.

The poster who said smokers are more tolerant than non-smokers is very wrong....unless by tolerant they meant try to force their illegal habit on you constantly.

Like I said I have no problem people who smoke weed, or dating one, that is if I could ever run into one who didn't ask me to get high everyday.
 Sumo_sumo
Msg: 1401
Posted: 1/25/2009 6:51:31 AM
Moving to AZ from So Cal was weird in a lot of ways. One being the cultural norm thing on pot. In So Cal (Huntington Beach) everybody I knew either toked, had toked or were just 420 friendly. In AZ, the pothead still has that stigma of a dirty, lazy bum.

I love hearing people stereotype potheads. Yet, they find stereotyping blacks or Latinos offensive. It's really funny how a small segment of losers in their heads becomes the representative image for all those who smoke weed. Every stoner I knew has a college degree, a career and did not look like a dirty hippy. Hell, most of them are the guys and gals working in your office buildings. The richest man I know is a functional stoner. The guy takes bong hits for breakfast, yet is mentally aware enough to run his company.

As for me, I no longer smoke pot. I used to toke everyday from HS until my late 20s. Then I decided to become a teacher. I have no qualms against people who smoke pot responsibly, just don't pass that blunt to me. I might forget and take a puff for old times sake.
 Jmichael51
Msg: 1402
view profile
History
Posted: 1/27/2009 9:20:50 AM
I would rather be around a pot smoker than someone with out of control pets who leave their hair and spray on the furniture you are expected to sit on when you visit...or...jump on you...bite you after you were told they don't bite or they say "wow...that's the first time they have done that"!...I have never been bit by a pot smoker...
 msusnicknel
Msg: 1403
view profile
History
Posted: 1/27/2009 11:47:45 AM

I have never been bit by a pot smoker...

Obviously you've never been caught between a stoner and the microwave, then!
 EyeoftheStorm
Msg: 1404
Posted: 2/1/2009 6:06:08 AM
First of all, I could never date a pot smoker or user of any type of illicit drug. My job requires two seperate RCMP background checks, and being involved in any kind of drug bust would ruin the years of work I have put into my career. As such, I don't have anything to do with drug users whatsoever. Besides, they tend to be the most annoying people on the planet along with chronic alcoholics.

BTW: I find it amusing how potheads try to justify their habit by comparing it to alcohol. There is a major difference between the two that they always seem to overlook. I can go to the pub after work and enjoy a pint with my friends, get in my car and drive home sober. If you smoked a joint with your friends then jumped in your car and drove home, you are a danger to everyone on the road and shouldn't have a driver's license to begin with. Let's not forget that if you smoked a joint and were still sober afterwards, you'd rant that you got ripped off because it didn't get you "high".

Simply put, people can enjoy alcohol and not get impaired in the process. People smoke pot strictly to get impaired. Period. Comparing the two are like comparing apples to oranges.
 Ear to hear
Msg: 1405
Posted: 2/1/2009 9:12:30 AM
Age old question and still the same answer...personal choice
 mountain_biker_88
Msg: 1406
Posted: 2/1/2009 5:49:36 PM
BTW: I find it amusing how potheads try to justify their habit by comparing it to alcohol. There is a major difference between the two that they always seem to overlook. I can go to the pub after work and enjoy a pint with my friends, get in my car and drive home sober. If you smoked a joint with your friends then jumped in your car and drove home, you are a danger to everyone on the road and shouldn't have a driver's license to begin with. Let's not forget that if you smoked a joint and were still sober afterwards, you'd rant that you got ripped off because it didn't get you "high".

Responsible potheads get around that problem by waiting until they don't have to drive to smoke that joint. What does it matter if someone wanted to drink or smoke until they are intoxicated if it's in the privacy of my their house? Definitely not worth the effort and cost to stop them.
 WONDERMAN37
Msg: 1407
Posted: 2/2/2009 1:36:53 PM
I sure hope not.
 HarleyKat~
Msg: 1408
Posted: 2/2/2009 1:52:57 PM

Okay... What's the freakin' deal!?!?! It's a PLANT!!!

Do you grow your own sh1t? Cause if you buy it from anyone else, I can guarantee there is more additives to the crap, than you would care to know.

Strychnine comes from a plant as well....gonna consume that just because it is natural??
 Violet Tigress
Msg: 1409
Posted: 2/2/2009 2:41:14 PM
Magnolia blossoms are plants,too. I don't see anyone munching on those.
 arcticdude
Msg: 1410
Posted: 2/2/2009 3:04:13 PM
Eyeofthestorm, I have to disagree about pot smokers tending to be the most annoying people on the planet…I’d have to cast my vote for ‘the sanctimonious prohibitionist’… unwilling or unable to glimps beyond the comfort zone of their chosen/imposed socio-cultural ‘blinders’.

There is no challenge here regarding your personal situation (career/legality issues). You have excellent and valid reasons for keeping your distance given the state of affairs.

The rest of your stated ‘reasons’ are about as well thought out as a belief in god. You might have strong faith in your convictions, but there is no factual or logical support to back it up…simply belief.

The greatest difference between alcohol & pot are their current legal/illegal status in whatever jurisdiction one is examining. Any ‘evils’ attributed to any particular drug/food have more to do with it’s legal status, and the traits of the individual user, than with the substance itself.

Funny how in your scenario you ‘get’ into your car and the pot smoker ‘jumps’ into theirs!

Mind-forged manacles, indeed.
 carte_blanche69
Msg: 1411
Posted: 2/27/2009 6:24:32 PM
The President has followed through on one of his campaign pledges today ......
A first Step to the Right Thing !
Quote :
"DEA to halt medical marijuana raids .............Holder confirms states to have final say on use of drug for pain control!"
"The U.S. Attorney General has announced plans to end raids on medical marijuana dispensaries that are legal under state law.
Newly installed U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder declared he would stop the practice established by the Bush administration of raiding legally licensed medical marijuana dispensaries.
The Drug Enforcement Agency will now cease the raids that have continued, according to reports, even after Bush left office.
Holder said Obama's campaign promise to stop the raids is "now American policy."

"Now American Policy!"
 kdkutie1
Msg: 1412
Posted: 2/27/2009 6:37:57 PM
In truth, it depends on the two individuals. My experience though, comes from dating someone that smoked. It generally doesn't work. Your metabolism is on different levels. Your thought process and speed is also. One of two things always ends up happening, either the pot smoker quits (this usually is only for a while, and only to please the other person...which when they relapse..upsets the other person, causing a mess), or the non smoker starts smoking, changing their own habits to fit. This does not work well either, because if they weren't a smoker, they weren't for a reason. And about the time they remember this and realize that they only did it to mold in with your schedule, they will be pissed at you. Basically, no matter what happens, the non pot smoker will end up pissed off at the pot smoker. I would avoid this situation. No one ends up happy.
 avalongurl
Msg: 1413
Posted: 2/28/2009 4:41:27 PM
I totally agree with you. I know many people who are business owners or have very important positions with the companies they work for and they smoke weed. Weed is very therapeutic and relaxing. And the choice to move on to harder drugs is each person's choice and not everyone who smokes weed does move on to harder drugs.
 barbee1970
Msg: 1414
Posted: 2/28/2009 5:03:39 PM
I don't smoke pot, won't date a pot head. If Police even find a trace of it in your car, they take your car. I am only ok with smelling burning leaves if someone is literally burning leaves.
 Tuanda
Msg: 1415
Posted: 3/15/2009 7:51:18 AM

Of course they can if they choose to.
That is the point. We all make choices.
I wonder why a pot smoker would want to be with a non-pot smoker who has no tolerance for that choice.

If the dating pool is too narrow because of your choices that is just the way it is.
Reality check????
Which provides us with another choice. To change our behavior or not to change.
Depends on what is most important to you.

I am a cigarette smoker. Haven't quit yet. But I have been questioning what do I want more...my cigarettes or a bigger dating pool? Maybe this is the same kind of question.

I absolutely don't want a pot smoker. That is a deal breaker for me.
That is MY personal choice for MY life. Just as choosing to be a cigarette smoker is. There are consequences to both of those choices and I accept that.

The whole debate on whether or not it is healthy, should be legal etc. is besides the point although it has been a very interesting read. That battle to increase overall societal acceptance or tolerance has not yet been won. And even if it was, my choice for myself would not change and I suspect many others would not change their position on either side of the debate.

When it comes to dating, why waste your time trying to convince people with different values to be what you want them to be or to justify what you want to do?
I wouldn't spend any time trying to get non-smokers to start tolerating cigarettes again. lol! That ship has sailed!

Make your choices and accept the consequences of them and be HONEST about it.

I had dates with 2 different men who said they would NEVER admit to smoking pot in thier online communications because of the possible legal or social ramifications. They wouldn't even mention it in chatting. It was a waste of their time and mine and they were clearly as disappointed as I was. So now I mention my choice (and that it's a deal breaker for me) in my profile to save us all that disappointment.

Clearly alot of you don't have that problem and are honest upfront. Whatever your choice is ..that honesty is really appreciated.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >