Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > can non-pot smokers handle pot smokers?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Snake-charmer
Msg: 1201
can non-pot smokers handle pot smokers?Page 49 of 77    (37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77)
Drug companies are pretty much the devil. No argument there.

But that has nothing to do with the adverse affects of pot. I doubt there would be so many people who are utterly turned off by stoners if it was all just a big made up scam by the government (by the way, conspiracy theories usually go along with dope smoking- along with a brain stuck in adolescent levels of thought).

There is no question that smoking pot affects the brain- yeah, in a BAD way. If you insist that nothing bad happened to your brain even though you sat in your mother's basement all through high school smoking- well gee, I guess you CAN'T TELL how you may have screwed up your cognitive function! Whooooahhhhh.

And people who spend hours googling and copying and pasting pieces of articles in order to prove that pot is good for you (and there is a big government conspiracy against it) only prove our point. You need to get a life- one that's not so revoltingly self-focused. If legalizing pot is an important political issue to you, sorry but you ARE a moron. And perpetually stuck in adolescence.
 Snapington
Msg: 1202
can non-pot smokers handle pot smokers?
Posted: 10/27/2008 8:55:34 PM
If I may be so bold snake charmer, do you drink tea or coffee or smoke tobaco? They are drugs too. If you don't know what you're talking about then STFU. I've gone out with non-smokers, it's great they don't smoke up your stash. The problem is POF is full of squares. If Mass. passes their decriminalization bill I'm moving the twelve miles up the road.
 ChocolateNutt
Msg: 1203
Posted: 10/27/2008 8:59:50 PM

In Canada it is legal to possess up to 27 grams

ha ha ha ha possess is not use. It is illegal to USE any amount of illegal drugs. Nice try though. That's hilarious. '

As well, I don't give a shit if the person is a doctor or lawyer. If he's smoking pot, he's not for me.

And if you want obnoxious intolerance, the smokers in this particular thread are far more aggressive and insulting than the nonsmokers have been.

Nutt
 martyman66
Msg: 1204
Posted: 10/27/2008 9:17:24 PM
I wouldn't sink dealing with an ill informed woman that doesn't! or doesn't mind me puffin!
 Cubed3d
Msg: 1205
view profile
History
Posted: 10/27/2008 10:01:28 PM
actually, its ILLEGAL to possess, use, or sell marjiuana. Unless you have a doctors note. And even then, the stuff they have is probably not the Gov't supplyed stuff

I don't like smoking weed around girls i'm either dating or potentially dating. Mostly because my sociability goes right down the drain.

but i do smoke weed, and i would totally date a girl who doesn't (would be a great butt-kicker to cut back too)
 SmartNAttentive
Msg: 1206
view profile
History
Posted: 10/28/2008 2:16:20 PM
"I like POF to add a catagory to the settings page that reads:
"Pot Smoker"

A pot head
b occasionaly/ socially
c rarely
d never, up-tight, freek................."

LOL
 ChocolateNutt
Msg: 1207
Posted: 10/28/2008 5:41:03 PM

I like POF to add a catagory to the settings page that reads:
"Pot Smoker"

A pot head
b occasionaly/ socially
c rarely
d never, up-tight, freek................."

I would say you are the up-tight freak because you're totally intolerant of a choice that's different from your own. I choose not to be around pot because it turns my crank--I haven't disparaged the people who do choose to use pot.

I do, however, drink alcohol occasionally. I have friends who NEVER drink alcohol, but I still accept them, their choice and treat them with respect. I certainly don't call them up-tight freaks because they don't do the same things I do.

Nutt
 oneofsome
Msg: 1208
Posted: 10/28/2008 6:54:32 PM
Oooh, what a long thread. I guess this is a popular subject. In answer to OP I don't really think that non-pot smokers, in general, can handle pot smokers. In general... there are always exceptions and circumstances.

More to the point, why would a non-potter even want to be around a potter? IMO there's almost a different mind set between those who smoke and those who don't.

I didn't bother to read through every page of this thread, but just nipping through I saw quite a bit of controversy about long term effects of smoking, blah blah blah. For habitual smokers, life might be just too difficult without it :)
 .Kels.
Msg: 1209
Posted: 10/28/2008 10:29:26 PM
i dont mind dating someone that smokes pot, as long as he isnt selling it, or trys to smoke it anywhere near my child, or have it around him, i dont smoke in my house or around my son so i would appreciate the same respect about it,
and it cant be like a from moment you wake up till you go to bed stoned all day kind of deal, i wont put up with that,
 *JustAnotherGirl*
Msg: 1210
view profile
History
Posted: 10/29/2008 3:34:26 AM
I can't even remember if I commented on here yet! And I'm not about to look through a million pages. But in a nutshell, this non-pot smoking girl has dated many guys who smoked pot. I have no interest in smoking pot, but if it works for someone else and it doesn't interfere with the rest of their life, who am I to judge?
 DINO144
Msg: 1211
Posted: 10/29/2008 7:37:01 AM
Personally , not being a drinker or smoker myself (much less pot smoker) , I wouldn't date a pot smoker, BUT...........just my own personal opinion.
 annbrown
Msg: 1212
Posted: 10/29/2008 7:49:37 AM
Maybe this ought to be turned around.... can the pot smoker handle the non-pot smoker? My last husband at the time we got married atleast acted towards me like he was done smoking and was not interested in smoking of any kind anymore. In fact he would make fun of those that did. He was only fooling himself - he started back up smoking cig. and then pot. First a little then more and more. I did not say much about it, after all he usaually smoked in the garage. But I don't think he could handle it - he went and found him a woman that would smoke with him.
 Anya216
Msg: 1213
view profile
History
Posted: 10/30/2008 1:02:12 AM

Is this a big hassle for women? I guess there's the argument that it can enhance or detract from the relationship, but that can go either way. I guess I don't see it as a 'bad' thing...

NO FRIGGIN' WAY!!
 Violet Tigress
Msg: 1214
Posted: 10/30/2008 1:12:47 AM

Is this a big hassle for women? I guess there's the argument that it can enhance or detract from the relationship, but that can go either way. I guess I don't see it as a 'bad' thing...

Did you ever think that maybe that is why you are here?
 kissthesky4me
Msg: 1215
Posted: 11/6/2008 8:18:34 PM
I smoke pot....and i dont really like dating people who dont...they just dont get it....and never will....judging is a turn off anyways....
 mark_13
Msg: 1216
view profile
History
Posted: 11/6/2008 8:49:52 PM
if calray thinks drugs are bad and people who use them are bad.
he should take his albums and all the music that enhance his life over his few miserable years and BURN THEM. every one of them were real high on drugs.

pot is illegal, so is j walking. doesnt make me a criminal. there are so many silly laws out there. prohabition ring a bell?? if weed was legalized, it could be taxed and controlled. clears up the jail cells for the REAL CRIMINALS. get joe blow pot head out of jail and lock up the rapist and peddies.
u dont smoke weed anymore, well at least i stoped buying it anyways.
all it does for me is make me tired and hungary anyways.
we waste way too much money on bringing down heads and dealers.

dont worry about kids smoking pot in school, i did, turn out fine. not a drug fiend rapist. worry about kids smoking meth in school.

marijuana DOES'NT DESTROY LIVES. crack sure, haroin definatly, alcohol of course.
nobody has ever robbed a bank to get a weed fix. did b and e's or mugged someone.
they'er too lazy for that kind of stuff, that requires work. if anything smoking weed kills ambition, makes us lazy. pot heads still work, how else can they get their stuff.
think about it

CANADA: 30 MILLION PEOPLE, 29 MILLION SMOKED POT, SMOKES POT, OR HAS YET TO SMOKE POT.
 YourAngel_a
Msg: 1217
Posted: 11/6/2008 10:35:09 PM

Pot smokers crack me up with all the reasons they have to justify it.

Agreed! A good friend once blamed it on the fact that his mom did it once.

All I could say was, "You know, your mom bangs your dad, are you gonna try that too!?"

Yeesh
 pinciperro
Msg: 1218
Posted: 11/7/2008 1:23:13 PM
I dated a man who was an occasional pot smoker. It never became an issue with us for he was a considerate smoker.
He would never smoke in front of me. I would personally rather date a man who smokes weed ,than some of the truly unruly "gentlemen" I have met from here who drink to excess.
If they would legalize marijuana as they have alcohol than this wouldn't be a debatable topic.
 forumgenie
Msg: 1219
Posted: 11/7/2008 3:26:17 PM
This non-pot smoker can NOT handle a pot smoker. I have better things to do instead of becoming a couch potatoe and zoning out to the tv.
 english lass
Msg: 1220
Posted: 11/7/2008 4:25:45 PM
unless they were using pot for medical reasons (and it was therefore prescribed by a doctor)
no, i couldn't be with a pot smoker
 deepheartdenver
Msg: 1221
view profile
History
Posted: 11/8/2008 5:22:27 PM
Well, this thread seems interminable. If you are stoned that means it just keeps going and it wont STOPPP Ha ha ha ha ha ha hah aaaaa.

Pot is a drug. I used to do it. IT has been many, many years, but I know of which I am speaking. Think of Pot as a primary relationship, because that is what it is. People that get stoned get along great with other people that get stoned. People that get stoned laugh at people that don't get stoned - a lot. IT is all entertainment to them. People that don't get stoned don't easily relate to people that are getting stoned.

Why is this? Because getting stoned is checking out. It is another reality all together. Personally I want a woman in my life to really like being in life. Checking out is not a workable plan for me. Not only that but as pot use is IMHO a complete relationship in and of it's self, I would be in effect sharing my woman with a second lover (Pot) and that ... just doesn't work for me.

Sorry but I am just not "420 friendly" at all.

I prefer "real" relationships just like I prefer "real" life to getting hammered or stoned. You could drink a little wine with dinner or a light social drink now and again. Although it wouldn't work for me either but that is a different story. My point is you don't have to get buzzed to enjoy a little alcohol. But pot ALWYS buzzes you and there is NO small amount of pot to rationalize taking that wont take you out of the conscious flow of life.

Stoners rationalize these points differently, because they are stoned. But that doent change them from being true anyway.
 one big holiday
Msg: 1222
Posted: 11/8/2008 6:55:29 PM
it's laughable to think that marijuana is any different or worse than alcohol.
 RandyMan029
Msg: 1223
Posted: 11/8/2008 8:36:37 PM
Wasting brain cells? Have you ever drank a beer? Smoked a cigarrette? Held your breath and dove in a pool? Sat within a 100 mile radius of an old CRT Computer Monitor? How about flouride in drinking water, think aluminum by-products are great for the old noodle? Same results buddy. Everything kills brain cells, good thing they grow back. Now if ANY habitual activity starts limiting one's potential, be it World of Warcraft or Heroin, then there's a reason to get pissed. Who cares if folks smoke up as long as they're still climbing mountains and curing cancer? Regardless of the actual activity, it can be problematic if it leads to a motivational deficit or lack of self confidence. Hell, I've seen people use diet/excercise as a means of escaping reality, and it lead to some pretty messed up consequences. Any fixation cqan become unhealthy, even Health.
 theotherguy82
Msg: 1224
Posted: 11/9/2008 3:15:57 PM
There's been a lot of good information given so far as to why smoking pot is not the evil evil thing several posters have attempted to characterize it as and very little of substance said in response so I'm not going to belabor the point and throw a bunch more studies and science at you. I'll just toss in my own anecdotal two cents to toss another monkey wrench in the gears for those who are asserting that smoking pot is inherently stupid, that it degrades your intelligence, or that it shows an inherent disrespect for the law as a social construct.

I smoked daily for six years and yet managed to get into a top tier Canadian law school (no mean academic feat). I gave up smoking while I'm in the program, but for financial reasons. Hell, I even took the lsat after a bowl and a coffee and scored in the top 1%. So please, stop with the unsupported diatribes based on having seen a cheech and chong movie when you were 18. There are valid reasons for smoking, and for not smoking but to denigrate the moral fiber or intelligence of a person on that basis alone just shows a startling lack of knowledge on the subject and its effects. I should add that its use was in part therapeutic and I did get my medical card when I lived in California.

One final note, it bothers me when people say "I wouldn't date a pot smoker, I'm not ok with my SO doing drugs". Nobody said they're doing "drugs" and the connotation of that word just doesn't jive with the facts if all we're referring to here is marijuana smoking. At most they're doing a drug, and moreover, it's a drug proven to be less harmful than virtually every other illegal narcotic available. Best of all, if your SO drinks coffee and beer on occasion, they're still doing drugs based on that definition....
 mark_13
Msg: 1225
view profile
History
Posted: 11/13/2008 3:16:10 PM
i could date a pot head, as long as she isnt a burn out.
pot heads wait for the stop sign to turn green.
burn outs cant get off the couch to even start their car.
pot heads get high and watch a movie
burn outs wont get off their ass to press play
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > can non-pot smokers handle pot smokers?