Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Mojo_LA
Msg: 176
can non-pot smokers handle pot smokers?Page 5 of 77    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41)
It depends on the person, as always.

I once dated a girl who was wonderful when she was straight, but after she got high she was intolerable. I found that out on the second date.

We lasted two dates.
 niceprmale4u
Msg: 186
can non-pot smokers handle pot smokers?
Posted: 11/30/2005 2:07:41 PM
I find the smell ****in annoying
 WonkaBar
Msg: 190
Posted: 4/18/2006 12:48:19 AM
personally, I have no problem with people who smoke pot. Some of my friends do. It's the whackos that feel the need to preach about the wonders of the miracle herb on and on ad nauseum that I stay the hell away from.

On the other hand, no - I would never date/get involved with someone who used illegal substances out of sheer practicality; you ain't gettin' me busted for possession because you felt like bringin' your dime bag over for DVD night and a cop drove by and caught a whiff.

"It's not mine!"
 JH1979
Msg: 191
Posted: 5/30/2006 8:12:06 PM
What your saying is ignorant. I smoked a lot of pot in my time , I don't anymore, and I Can't say that it has afand i went to school to become affected my mind , body, or my ability to think. I have accomplished many things during the time i did smoke pot. I have a 5th degree black belt in tae Kwon do and have trained in other martial arts as well. I also was a stoner during my time when i went to school(not high school) and learned to be a network technician. So my advice is to not be judgemental over something as minor as pot .
 FrenchPhil
Msg: 193
Posted: 5/30/2006 8:36:00 PM
I Don't Personally Care For Marijuana, When I Date A Woman I Prefer To Date A Woman That No Longer Smokes, Or Smokes Only On Occaision. I Don't Think Smoking Pot Is Such A Big Deal Anymore, It's Not Really Addictive, Doesn't Do That Much Permanent Damage And It's Almost As Accepted As Cigarette Smoking But I Still Find It A Waste Of Money, I Don't Really Like Talking To People When They're High And If Someone Can't Get Out Of Bed Because Thiers No Joint Around I Think They're Pathetic! But On The Other Hand I've Smoked Before And I Consider Myself A Good Person, I've Also Met Alot Of Other Good People That Smoke And I Don't Think It Makes You A Bad Person. I Could Never Close My Mind To Getting To Know Someone Just Because They Smoked Pot, Give Them A Chance, It Does'nt Hurt To Be Open Minded! But Just Don't Try To Get Me To Do Something I Don't Want To Do And If I Don't Like How You Are Around Me When Your High Than Don't Get High Around Me!
That's All For Now, Ciao -Phil
 mike919293949596
Msg: 194
Posted: 5/30/2006 9:04:15 PM
Iv'e dated smokers and non . Who cares ? There is so much more to a human being . I'd rather she smoked daily than a cokie , heroin user , anything with needles , pillheads (even legal , This stuff is handed out like candy,and destroys lives everyday ) ,thief , as far as i'm concerned everything but pot is a drug . People should do what they want anyway though . Why should you judge anybody for something so silly . When i'm sure there is something about you that most would find unacceptable somewhere . Wife beaters , child beaters , liars , Car salesmen , lol just kidding . Now these are people who need too be taken down a peg . Be judgemental in an area that matters lol . Yea it's med time One happy bananna . He needs a buddy . I'll hook him up with the drunk smiley Two peas in a pod , look how happy they are lol . I think all that bouncing would get annoying when i'm drinking . We may see a bananna laying there with a bleeding head and broken bottle pieces everywhere
 hapeenurse
Msg: 197
Posted: 6/3/2006 9:53:36 PM
doesn't bother me if he does it , but I don't
just like it shouldn't bother him if I have a few drinks and he is a non drinker.
 ATLShorty21
Msg: 200
Posted: 6/4/2006 7:01:13 AM
I am not into smokers period, espeically not pot smokers. I will never ask someone to give it up - I just don't give them a chance in the first place. I have a little too much to lose to get caught up in some sort of illegal activity.
 jerseyjen37
Msg: 201
hi
Posted: 6/4/2006 7:12:14 AM
hey there wanna chat,jennifer
 WebWytch
Msg: 202
Posted: 6/4/2006 8:12:35 AM

*takes a bow and goes off to smoke a joint and kill some more of those brain cells he depleted when he was younger*

Don't be stingy....share? lol

angel headed hipster
Msg: 203
Posted: 6/4/2006 8:17:38 AM
You say that as though pot smokers are beneath you. What is it that makes you think YOU are any better than pot smokers?

Smoking marijuana doesn't change the person that you are and I think it is rather judgemental to not speak to someone for that reason alone.
 angel headed hipster
Msg: 204
Posted: 6/4/2006 8:18:58 AM
that was in response to the person who said that they wouldn't "sink" to chatting with a pot user, let alone date one.
 tearsonfadedink
Msg: 206
Posted: 6/4/2006 8:45:21 AM
It depends.

If they are a pothead...and absolutely need it. I will not date them

If it's an occasional thing, then yes, I dont mind.

It's no different than someone being an alcoholic/occasional drinker in my books.
 delytful
Msg: 208
Posted: 6/4/2006 10:11:44 AM
Just curious. Now what if this thread used "drinkers" instead of "pot smokers"? I would much rather be around someone who was stoned that drunk. I would avoid a drinker before a pot head.
 darkwon
Msg: 210
Posted: 6/8/2006 11:57:55 AM
i think this subject is as vague as saying 'can non-cigarette smokers date cigarette smokers'
It all depends on the person.
and to say 'i don't like someone who does things to alter their mindstate' is particularly ignorant as education also can affect someone's mindstate, as is the same with TV, books, it being a nice day out etc.
for this to even be a major issue in a relationship is quite shallow, did shakespeare not say 'love knows no boundaries'? why should someone allow this boundary to be put up?
I could understand if say the issue was maybe cocaine, crack or heroin, but you show me someone willing to rip off friends and family, rob stores or go to other extremes to buy a gram of pot, and i will actually quite smoking pot, no word of a lie, 100% guaranteed.
the furthest extreme i've ever seen apothead go to to get some is maybe checking under couches to get change.
 kamikazekate
Msg: 211
Posted: 6/8/2006 2:36:46 PM
ALSO THE EARLY 20TH CENTURY!^^^^^

I smoked pot with a NYC cop I was dating in the early 80's, so the "Peace Officer" several pages back seemed like she'd arrest a guy who lit up in her presence, she was so adamant!

I would rather date a pot head than an alcoholic or coke head any day of the week! They might be forgetful, but rarely violent or abusive!

Many drugs that were legal in the early 20th century were banned because the white establishment was afraid of the many black jazz musicians who used it would influence white kids...including coke and pot.

There was a great program about illegal drugs on TV last week, and how they went from being in Coca Cola, and in everyday use by middle class white women, a lot of opiates in patent medicines, etc. to being banned.

I wish I could remember the channel! Discovery or the History Channel, I think.

BUT..the bottom line is, there are so many millions of Americans who are abusing prescription drugs ("legally") on a daily basis that the pot issue is almost moot.

The US is the world biggest market for all illegal drugs: coke, heroine, pot, you name it, Americans use it, in huge quantities!
 kaje
Msg: 212
Posted: 6/8/2006 3:26:20 PM
I have no problem dating non-potheads as long as they accept the fact that I'm going to smoke. As long as they don't nag me to quit, it's gravy.
 Wolfie65
Msg: 213
Posted: 6/8/2006 5:05:27 PM
The answer is no.
Go away hippie.
 digitalsanity
Msg: 217
Posted: 6/8/2006 7:40:55 PM
I would venture to guess non-pot smokers and pot smokers would not mix well in a relationship. I guess if the smoker was a rare smoker it might work ok....but a down right pot head and a non-pot head would have issues.
 thisisyourlife
Msg: 218
view profile
History
Posted: 6/8/2006 8:04:19 PM
Grow up?Does that mean people who take medications from Doctors for depression,chronic pain,stomach disorder, cancer treatment etc..should grow up too???My grandmother was dying of cancer , and the pot cookies were the only "medication" that got her appetite back and got her eating again..a doctor at the hospital suggested it ..or how about the story of Mary Brownie , a very old lady in California (who died 2001) ,used to make cookies and brownies with pot and give them out to people in the cancer ward . Helping people was her whole life . For the record , Im not bitter or anything .I think drinking alcohol past 'Thirty' can get you into a lot more trouble .than a joint ..see some of us pot smokers are good people ! Over 100,000 people every year DIE from doctor prescribed medications in the USA.How many people have Died from pot ? I guess everybody is immature in there own way,justifying it in their own mind that its perfectly " Mature" to overdose on things like coffee , junk foods ,cigarettes ,alcohol , meds etc...that DO KILL YOU!And as for sperm count...so does all of the above ... everbody is entitled to their opinion
 ill_fated_monkey
Msg: 220
Posted: 6/9/2006 1:40:48 PM
I personally don't want to be in a relationship with a drug user. Pot heads are annoying and always going on about there dope.... there just as bad as drunks
 GoldenSkin
Msg: 221
Posted: 6/9/2006 3:39:14 PM
I worked for the federal govt for many yrs and smoked, still do. Hey arent we neighbors. Lets get together and burn one.
 digitalsanity
Msg: 222
Posted: 6/9/2006 3:53:06 PM

OP digitalsanity; you need to put on your clothes and take a walk through real life. Take a poll yourself with your friends and family. I bet you will find, reform smokers tend to be more judgmental and have "pot smoking issues" than an actual non-pot smoker. After all if you have never smoked what is there to know, to make an issue of??

What do my pictures have to do with this issue?
All I said was that people who smoke pot and people who do not smoke pot are not likely a good match. Where did I say I never smoked? Calm down lady.
 ripley65
Msg: 225
Posted: 6/9/2006 5:40:23 PM
Nah,,,i wouldnt be interested in dating someone who smoked pot.
 digitalsanity
Msg: 227
Posted: 6/9/2006 6:31:02 PM

I am not trying to get you angry, only to let you realize an open mind goes a long way
Who was I judging? I just said people who do smoke pot, and people who do not smoke pot often do not mix well. Nothing closed minded about that. Just my 2 cents. As you read in this thread most people who do not do drugs, do not want to date those that do....THAT IS ALL I WAS SAYING!
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >