Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > can non-pot smokers handle pot smokers?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Bradde
Msg: 1226
can non-pot smokers handle pot smokers?Page 50 of 77    (37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77)
I live in Canada and it is pretty accepted but back to the question, I don't think non pot smokers can handle pot smokers. I smoke pot but not in a wreckless way, I don't sit around and smoke pot all day. If I know someone who doesn't smoke pot, I won't smoke it around them, simple as that.
 jackster121
Msg: 1227
view profile
History
can non-pot smokers handle pot smokers?
Posted: 10/9/2008 9:09:30 AM
SWmoking pot can be very hard on a non-smoking partner. Pot does lead to laziness, an affair with pot, and not very good decision making. I think it might work short term but it will become a deal breaker at some point.
 cleansed 2.0
Msg: 1228
Posted: 10/9/2008 10:15:57 AM
Non pot smokers seem to have this superiority thing when it comes to pot smokers. Even though they may possess many bad habits themselves they lump all lovers of the herb as the sterotypical cheech and chongers.
I find it laughable that the US has wasted so much time and money trying to curb something that is relatively harmless if not abused. Even in Canada where it is looked upon as a slap on the wrist they still make the odd big deal out of a large grow-op bust.
I am more wary of someone who has many prescription drugs in their medicine cabinet than an indulger of herb especially if they are drinking at the same time.
Like a previous poster has said, so many of the artists and creative people that we revere and idolize have inhaled. To be anti pot and still read or listen to their works makes no sense to me.
Even worse are those who spout out falsehoods in order to invoke fear.
 caesar0002
Msg: 1229
Posted: 10/9/2008 10:15:27 PM
In an arguement when you point out something they did they say well at least I dont smoke pot. So nomatter what they do they feel you are automatically worse than them. The they go for the comfort food, cofort food , comfort food. And a beer.
 moniqueroussel
Msg: 1230
Posted: 10/10/2008 9:37:32 AM
i dont think it matters, im a non-pot smoker and I usually date men from the carribean, who as a general rule, smoke weed.

It doesnt bother me at all. As long as he does not try to impose anything on me, he can do as he wishes.
 MeereKat
Msg: 1231
Posted: 10/10/2008 10:17:56 AM
Smokers are Far more Fun to be around and easily handled .. than Drunken Pool-cue-swinging, bottle-throwing Macho-Slobs..!!
 Bunni420
Msg: 1232
Posted: 10/11/2008 2:03:31 PM
I have to say to everyone that no matter what your vice, and EVERYONE has one, there are draw backs. You drink, you may have an accident, you do heroin you may be an idiot and fall out a window, you smoke pot you gain a few extra pounds. I smoke because of my seizures. If it weren't for pot I'd actually be dead right now.
I'm not saying that non smokers need to "chill out" because everyone has a right to their opinions but it's out there... people have been doing this for hundreds of years and it's not going to end. If we stoners don't try to make you then don't try to stop us.
 MAD_MAX333
Msg: 1233
Posted: 10/11/2008 6:09:16 PM
i definitly cannot handle someone who does drugs to have fun... my dad was/is a drug addict and my brother who lives with him started with weed and now is addicted to meth... i am also going for law enforcement and can't associate with druggies so all signs point to no for me.
 jus dave
Msg: 1234
Posted: 10/11/2008 9:22:01 PM
...i remember my answer but...i forgot the question...

damn.

dave
 caesar0002
Msg: 1235
Posted: 10/12/2008 1:26:28 AM
Well weed doesnt make someone jump to meth. An unhappy addictive personality and bad judgment does. And I never found weed to cause bad judement like the tv commercials suggest at all.
 bigshrek
Msg: 1236
view profile
History
Posted: 10/14/2008 4:35:41 PM
Is it just me noticing or do most of the pro-pot posters tend to typo a lot? Seems to be a theme there...

Ok, here's MORE proof that pot-smokers loose brain cells when they over-imbibe.

Mon Oct 13, 8:14 PM ET
VERO BEACH, Fla. - A McDonald's cashier called 911 after a Vero Beach drive-thru customer allegedly offered to pay for his meal with marijuana. The Indian River County Sheriff's Office said the cashier called Monday with a description of the vehicle the suspect had been riding in.

A deputy spotted the vehicle, found marijuana in the car and arrested its occupant, 27-year-old Shawn Alexander Pannullo.

Pannullo was charged with possession of cannabis and posted $500 bail. It was unclear if he had an attorney.

A Sheriff's report did not say what the suspect ordered at McDonald's or if he ultimately purchased the meal using something other than marijuana.

I don't think that's the kind of GREEN that McDonald's is looking to collect, eh?
 astupidoldman
Msg: 1237
Posted: 10/15/2008 9:20:09 AM
Pot smokers I can handle. Alcohol fumes make me puke like cigarettes to a non-smoker. The lesser of two evils I guess. PS-I’ve never seen a three year old thread. That is amazing.
 boredwithpgh
Msg: 1238
Posted: 10/15/2008 9:38:01 AM
I've dated a few pot smokers. I don't necessasrily mind it... Though I see it somewhat annoying when they smell of it, the glassy eyes, and laziness. We all need to unwind.. I think the key word is moderation. I would not date a heavy pot smoker, again.
 Mecca25
Msg: 1239
Posted: 10/15/2008 9:40:15 AM
Just remember if someone smokes alot of pot they're sure to have chips and soda, then you'll have a great argument like "hey you better not drink that last Mountain Dew"
 carte_blanche69
Msg: 1240
Posted: 10/15/2008 9:28:33 PM
Wow BigShrek
Another "Big Bust" ......... What away to end a "Big Mac Attack" .....
All as us can sleep safer tonight knowing that this threat to society has been apprehended !
With such diligent attention to detail law enforcement & possible federal involvement, we might have saved him from himself .... ....high cholesterol, and bad case of indigestion, and a big grin on his face ... at a cost of thousands of taxpayers dollars while the real thieves are robbing us all legally without any penalty!
Get A grip on reality!
Whose brain cells are the most screwed up .. his or theirs? ......
" The greatest obstacle to dicovery is not ignorance-it is the illusion of knowledge" Daniel Bornstien
 FRÊCKLËS~JÕ~®
Msg: 1241
Posted: 10/27/2008 9:20:27 AM

I live in Canada and it is pretty accepted but back to the question, I don't think non pot smokers can handle pot smokers. I smoke pot but not in a wreck-less way, I don't sit around and smoke pot all day. If I know someone who doesn't smoke pot, I won't smoke it around them, simple as that.

hmmmmmmmmmmm is it 420 yet?
 feeltobefree
Msg: 1242
view profile
History
Posted: 10/27/2008 11:01:56 AM
Oh what is bad indeed.. as long as its approved by the FDA its good..
some interesting facts regarding LEGALIZED drugs.

baa..baa..

. dont mean to spin off topic but people are sheep and really need to do the thinking themselves and determine what is good and bad for them and hence get laws changed.

after reading this would you rather date someone who uses pot or someone who needs prescription drugs to get by the day?

* The amount spent by Merck Pharmaceutical to advertise the drug Vioxx in 2001: $161 million Do your remember Vioxx?
* The total number of advertising violations issued by the FDA for misleading drug ads from 1997 - 2001: 88; Amount of fines levied for such violations: $0 WOW!

* The approximate number of Americans that die annually from FDA approved drugs: 125,000 oh really?
* The approximate number of Americans that die annually from Aspirin use: 2,000

* Seven drugs recalled by the FDA between 1993 & 2000 after reports of death & severe side effects exceeded $5 billion in sales before being withdrawn. WOW! WOW!

* Based on a 2002 survey, 46% of Americans use at least one prescription drug daily.
* Total number of prescriptions filled in 2001: 3.1 billion
* Total cost of prescriptions in 2001: $132 billion
* Projected cost of prescriptions in 2014: $414 billion
* Percentage of incoming undergraduates using psychotropic, mind-altering drugs: 40%

* From 1992 - 2003, the abuse of psychotropic drugs grew at twice the rate of marijuana abuse; five times that of cocaine abuse; & 60 times that of heroin abuse. WOW!

* 20% of recently approved prescription drugs have serious, life threatening side effects. WOW!

* 90% of authors of clinical practice guidelines received research funding from, or acted as consultants to drug companies.
* Medical doctors, psychiatrists, & all those licensed by the government who can "legally" prescribe drugs are paid huge monetary incentives by the pharmaceutical industry to write prescriptions of their drugs. Those doctors & other professionals who choose financial incentives over a patients well being & health should be defined as "legal drug pushers" contributing to the overmedicating of America for profit.
* Percentage increase from 1985 - 1999 in stimulant psychotropic drugs prescribed to children: 327%

* Percentage increase from 1991 - 2000 in stimulant psychotropic drugs prescribed to preschoolers between 2 & 4 years of age: 50% WOW! WOW!

* The number of antidepressants prescribed annually for children under 19: 11 million
* The number of children diagnosed with "ADD/ADHD" & drugged in 1985: 500,000

* The number of children diagnosed with "ADD/ADHD" & drugged today: approximately 6 million WOW!

* CHADD (Children and Adults with ADD) received over $700,000 in 2001 from pharmaceutical companies to promote & market their drugs.
* CHADD refers to the 1999 Surgeon General's Report on Mental Health when citing ADHD as a neurobiological disorder, yet the Surgeon General's report, the DSM-IV, the National Institutes of Health, and the American Academy of Pediatrics Clinical Practice Guideline for ADHD, do not confirm or state that ADHD is a "neurobiological" disorder. In fact, the Surgeon General provided no conclusive evidence to support this theory—a fact CHADD neglects to mention on its website.
* The epidemic use of psychotropic drugs started many years ago. In 1965, approximately 58 million new prescriptions & 108 million refills were written for psychotropic drugs. This accounted for 14% of all prescriptions written that year.
* Percentage of Americans taking anti-allergy medications who may not even have allergies: 65%
* The number of signs advertising the drug Claritin in Newark International Airport lobbies: 75

* US direct-to-consumer drug ad spending soared to $2.49 billion in 2001 up from $859 million in 1997.
* Number of Americans annually who request & receive a prescription for a specific drug after seeing a commercial for it: 8.5 million
* Estimated prescriptions of Paxil in 2002: 37 million
* Amount spent on lobbying by pharmaceutical companies from 1996 - 2002: $500 million
* The number of former congressmen now serving as lobbyists for the pharmaceutical industry: 24
* The approximate total number of lobbyists: 600; Their average annual income: $300,000 - $400,000
* The amount of direct contributions from the drug industry to the 2002 political campaign: $20 million; Percentage that went to Republicans: 75%

* The major stockholders of the pharmaceutical industry: FDA workers, FTC workers, Congressmen, & the CEO's of the pharmaceutical companies.
* The Annual cost of prescription drug errors: $100 billion
* A natural herbal cure was found for diabetes. The amount paid to the person that discovered it to not market or announce the cure: $30 million
* Out of the last 20 FDA commissioners, upon leaving the FDA, the number who went to work directly for the pharmaceutical industry: 12

* The percentage of FDA workers who are paid directly through funding from the pharmaceutical industry: 55% at an average of $1.2 billion annually
* The FDA passed a law stating that only a "drug" can cure a disease therefore; farms, orchards, or any company promoting fruit as beneficial to your health were threatened with violations & the confiscation & destruction of their products. Their "cherries" for example were not approved as a new drug by the FDA & were not declared as "safe & effective". The average cost to get a "new drug" approved: $800 million. Sound unbelievable? Actual FDA letter sent to a farm marketing cherries as a natural remedy.

* In 2004 approximately 12,000 Texas Foster Children each received 21 prescriptions of psychotropic drugs totally more than $29 million. WOW!

* According to a recent study, up to 20% of all prescriptions written are for "off-label" use not approved by the FDA & with no support from scientific studies.
* According to a recent study, 96% of all "off-label" psychiatric drug prescriptions lacked scientific support.
* 25% of 239 patients consuming Vioxx had heart attacks within the first 13 days of being on the drug. Vioxx was pulled from the market on September 30th, 2004.
* The amount of money the pharmaceutical industry & the FDA would loose if Americans turned to natural cures (vitamins, minerals, herbs, fruit, etc.) instead of prescription drugs: trillions!

So who is the real drug pusher! ? What is illegal and what is legal when the FDA skews laws in favor of their financial gain.
 carte_blanche69
Msg: 1243
Posted: 10/27/2008 5:07:43 PM
Let me take my hat off to feeltobefree .......... Wonderfully presented Facts !
By our governments assault on the relatively harmless ... they divert our attention from the real problems ..... keep the population at odds with each other, while the fox goes in and out of the henhouse ... with a load of chickens every time!
Once Again ..... GREAT POST... feeltobefree ... Outstanding quality!
 Snake-charmer
Msg: 1244
Posted: 10/27/2008 7:40:45 PM
I wouldn't date anyone who needed any kind of mind altering drugs to make it through the day.
 Snake-charmer
Msg: 1245
Posted: 10/27/2008 7:49:26 PM
Drug companies are pretty much the devil. No argument there.

But that has nothing to do with the adverse affects of pot. I doubt there would be so many people who are utterly turned off by stoners if it was all just a big made up scam by the government (by the way, conspiracy theories usually go along with dope smoking- along with a brain stuck in adolescent levels of thought).

There is no question that smoking pot affects the brain- yeah, in a BAD way. If you insist that nothing bad happened to your brain even though you sat in your mother's basement all through high school smoking- well gee, I guess you CAN'T TELL how you may have screwed up your cognitive function! Whooooahhhhh.

And people who spend hours googling and copying and pasting pieces of articles in order to prove that pot is good for you (and there is a big government conspiracy against it) only prove our point. You need to get a life- one that's not so revoltingly self-focused. If legalizing pot is an important political issue to you, sorry but you ARE a moron. And perpetually stuck in adolescence.
 Snapington
Msg: 1246
Posted: 10/27/2008 8:55:34 PM
If I may be so bold snake charmer, do you drink tea or coffee or smoke tobaco? They are drugs too. If you don't know what you're talking about then STFU. I've gone out with non-smokers, it's great they don't smoke up your stash. The problem is POF is full of squares. If Mass. passes their decriminalization bill I'm moving the twelve miles up the road.
 ChocolateNutt
Msg: 1247
Posted: 10/27/2008 8:59:50 PM

In Canada it is legal to possess up to 27 grams

ha ha ha ha possess is not use. It is illegal to USE any amount of illegal drugs. Nice try though. That's hilarious. '

As well, I don't give a shit if the person is a doctor or lawyer. If he's smoking pot, he's not for me.

And if you want obnoxious intolerance, the smokers in this particular thread are far more aggressive and insulting than the nonsmokers have been.

Nutt
 martyman66
Msg: 1248
Posted: 10/27/2008 9:17:24 PM
I wouldn't sink dealing with an ill informed woman that doesn't! or doesn't mind me puffin!
 Cubed3d
Msg: 1249
view profile
History
Posted: 10/27/2008 10:01:28 PM
actually, its ILLEGAL to possess, use, or sell marjiuana. Unless you have a doctors note. And even then, the stuff they have is probably not the Gov't supplyed stuff

I don't like smoking weed around girls i'm either dating or potentially dating. Mostly because my sociability goes right down the drain.

but i do smoke weed, and i would totally date a girl who doesn't (would be a great butt-kicker to cut back too)
 SmartNAttentive
Msg: 1250
view profile
History
Posted: 10/28/2008 2:16:20 PM
"I like POF to add a catagory to the settings page that reads:
"Pot Smoker"

A pot head
b occasionaly/ socially
c rarely
d never, up-tight, freek................."

LOL
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > can non-pot smokers handle pot smokers?