Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 LAIDBACKANDREAL
Msg: 1449
can non-pot smokers handle pot smokers?Page 50 of 77    (37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77)
I've dated non herb smokers and it was just fine.
If he can have a beer why can't i have a spliff?
 chameleonf
Msg: 1450
can non-pot smokers handle pot smokers?
Posted: 4/23/2009 2:19:03 PM
Legalities aside, I could care less if someone toked up occasionally. I might have a problem, however, if they felt they couldn't function on a daily basis without it and did it every hour on the hour. I like my guys sharp, not in a smoke induced haze on a constant basis. To me, it's no different than having an occasional drink socially or being a drunk who can't live without the bottle. There's a point at which it becomes a crutch more than anything else.
 carte_blanche69
Msg: 1451
Posted: 4/25/2009 8:31:29 AM
Generally the accepted interpretation of a question in the English language is it's clear and stated meaning .
The question on the POF questionnaire is " Do you do drugs?" NOT
"Do You Do illegal drugs?" Or
"Do You Do Narcotics?" Or
"Do You Only Do Prescribed Drugs?"
To argue that any other than the plain and clear meaning of this statement applies to marijuana smokers is "specious"
For those unfamiliar with the term :

spe┬Ěcious (spshs)
adj.
1. Having the ring of truth or plausibility but actually fallacious: a specious argument.
2. Deceptively attractive.

To answer the question truthfully, if you take a aspirin you should reply ..." YES"
OR if you drink coffee ``` (caffeine) your reply should be .. "YES"
To continue to attack those that smoke pot and answer " No" ... is in fact Arbitrary & Capricious ... should every person that takes any drug answer "YES?"
I would be willing to gamble that in excess of 90 percent of those answering answer falsely!
Most not by intent but by misinterpretation !
 ooobaby77
Msg: 1453
Posted: 4/25/2009 8:44:57 AM
My only quandary with pot smokers is that they have a more carefree "I don't care" attitude, they forget more and invest more time in their habit (high) then in trying to make something work. That has been my experience with one anyways.....so in that case it was a hassle.....
 eschec mat
Msg: 1455
Posted: 4/25/2009 11:07:09 AM
No I can't.
It is illegal where I live.
It is expensive and would prefer my money spent on something more logical like bills. I also think a man that complains about buying clothing that has worn out yet can buy pot is in denial.
It is mentally addictive.
It has been proven that all smoke contains carcinogens. Smoking causes cancer.

Now if you got it for free and used one of the new vaporizing units and lived in a country where it wasn't illegal, go for it. But as long as it is illegal, costs money, and is smoked via a joint or bong type of way, you aren't someone I wish to be around as a romantic interest. Yeah, I don't care what my friends do as long as it isn't around me. Been there done that, had the mug shot.
 BettiePageGirl
Msg: 1456
view profile
History
Posted: 5/3/2009 12:42:42 AM
Amen!!! I'd date with a pot smoker any day over a drinker/drunk! I've seen a drunk steal alcohol or steal to get the alcohol. The pot smoker might steal...Twinkies! I don't get high, either.
 mz taken
Msg: 1457
view profile
History
Posted: 5/3/2009 1:21:29 AM
dayem!
here it's nearly 8 months later and umpteen pages back since I first asked this question:
has anybody seen my lighter????
(as she scrummages around in her purse...)

it was here a minute ago...........................
 NocturnalPrincess
Msg: 1458
Posted: 5/8/2009 8:20:01 AM
I think the bottom line is that it comes to philosophical differences.

Personally, I have nothing against pot, but it isn't prudent for me to associate with smokers, so I don't.

I don't agree with drinking and driving nor smoking and driving, but if you are landed, then I really do not see much of a problem with it.

At first. society said it made you lethargic, then they said it made you violent. Which is it?

So long as one meets their responsibilities as an adult, what they do in their recreation time should not be governmentally regulated, if it is just marijuana or alcohol. That draws another gray line, though, as to where you draw the line.
 carte_blanche69
Msg: 1459
Posted: 5/9/2009 12:41:42 PM
Nice post NocturnalPrincess ............. Especially considering that you are in Law Enforcement!
I'd like to second your notation:

"So long as one meets their responsibilities as an adult, what they do in their recreation time should not be governmentally regulated, if it is just marijuana or alcohol."

What human beings chose to put in their bodies in this country are part of the essence of the Liberty Clause of our Constitution ........ Which has been seriously eroded.
When any drug use becomes so serious by a individual that it might harm society, It then becomes appropriate for society to take action .... against that individual.
Marijuana has not been show to cause such harm and is gradually being accepted as the least harmful illicit drug available by the more thoughtful persons in our country; and in fact far less harmful then many "legal" & controlled substances, such as alcohol & cigarettes and even Peanut butter ! (More directly attributed deaths to peanuts than Marijuana)
It is the largest cash crop in the United States on a state by state basis, and goes untaxed.
The harm done by its "illegality" is enormous ... from extortion& robbery to murder !
Were it legal, the profit benefit to the criminal element would disappear overnight, the courts would be unburdened by 750,000 simple possession cases, and a 100, 000 more serious cases ... possession with the intent to distribute, and if left to the free market with taxation at $50 per ounce from licensed growers ... would uplift the economy by 300 to 500 BILLION dollars a year. Since our prisons contain 40% drug related offenders, the savings there alone would be enormous!
Cost to society .... very little!
It would allow up to 45 million persons to come out of the closet from all walks of life,
and give a fresh breath of air to Liberty in this country!
Thanks again NocturnalPrincess for your thoughtful comment!
 ToyGun77
Msg: 1460
Posted: 5/9/2009 2:31:23 PM
My ex girlfriend did it, and it was tough to deal with. I didn't want it in my house, so these skanky men would come over and she would go out to their car and do it with them. If it was an occasional thing at a party it would be a completely different story, but I would never put up with that again.
 onlymehaha
Msg: 1461
Posted: 5/9/2009 5:00:19 PM
i really don't get alot of you people out there lol.does everyone live in a glass house?i'm sure alot of you out there do worse things than smoke pot.and don't tell anyone about it.prescription drugs do a hell of alot more damage than pot.or the i don't smoke because it will show in my pee lol. give me a break . lol i can tell you that i am proud to be a drug free pot smoker lol. how many of you non pot smokers can say you are DRUG free.if you look in the bible, god gave us seed bearing plants for us to use for our benefit.how many other plants are there that are actually male and female?
 aSydneyMale
Msg: 1462
Posted: 5/9/2009 7:05:15 PM
I congratulate this thread, 1529 posts and still going strong.

Of course, the argument has been going 'round in circles since the very first page!
 carte_blanche69
Msg: 1463
Posted: 5/12/2009 4:36:30 PM
asydneymale
A lot has happened in the US in the last 6 months.
A change of a radical rightist executive branch, to a Democratic president; who with a phone call to his Attorney General, Eric Holder, instituted a policy change, which effectively stopped the federal governments attack on individual states rights, to legislate laws allowing Medical Marijuana!
This is a major change in this country! In states that have passed this type of legislation Medical marijuana is obtainable legally!
You are right ... after 1530 post the discussion here still appears to be going in circles!
But ... ignorance in any subject is difficult and slow to combat.
At least this discussion takes place and hopefully softens a few hearts and minds ....
and those that are forced to remain in the "closet" know they are not alone!
 DanDaniel90
Msg: 1464
Posted: 5/14/2009 2:13:20 PM
Here we go with another one of those discussions

Person A: Smoking marijuana is bad because it is illegal and it kills brain cells. I would never associate myself with a pothead because they're diluted.

Person B: I don't care either way. People choose what they put in their bodies, and who am I to say what does or doesn't belong in their body.

Person C: Smoking marijuana is perfectly OK for reasons A, B and C. If you think smoking marijuana is bad for you, you are wrong and I will do everything I can to prove you wrong. Marijuana should be legalized because alcohol and cigarettes are worse.

Person D: Who cares?
 aSydneyMale
Msg: 1465
Posted: 5/14/2009 3:20:50 PM

Person A: Smoking marijuana is bad because it is illegal and it kills brain cells. I would never associate myself with a pothead because they're diluted.

Person B: I don't care either way. People choose what they put in their bodies, and who am I to say what does or doesn't belong in their body.

Person C: Smoking marijuana is perfectly OK for reasons A, B and C. If you think smoking marijuana is bad for you, you are wrong and I will do everything I can to prove you wrong. Marijuana should be legalized because alcohol and cigarettes are worse.

Person D: Who cares?

Isn't option 'D' made redundant by option 'B'?
 DanDaniel90
Msg: 1466
Posted: 5/14/2009 3:33:54 PM
Not entirely, because Person B obviously cared enough to give reasons for why they don't care. One who truly doesn't care, such as person D, would have never put thought into it in the first place.

You are correct though, it is redundant in a way. I didn't re-read my post...as I almost never do.
 alv2.0
Msg: 1467
Posted: 5/14/2009 3:49:39 PM
Nope. In my case, anyway.
 G.I. Gene
Msg: 1468
view profile
History
Posted: 5/14/2009 10:46:23 PM
Hello,can anyone say Illegal,criminal offense,jail time!.a woman does'nt need money to buy pot. Can you walk into a convenient store and buy it like a Pepsi?.Or do you have to do it behind closed doors,flying under the radar and committing shady deals in the shadows. It leads to Immoral and criminal behaviour. I'm not going to be at the wrong place at the wrong time and go down for someones stupidity! Will you prove it's not mine and take the rap and responsibility,if pulled over by the police? NO.
 NocturnalPrincess
Msg: 1469
Posted: 5/15/2009 3:20:09 AM
I am a proponent for the legalization of marijuana.

I had said I would never cite someone for marijuana that I could make disappear, and wouldnch'a know my first marijuana bust was like fifteen pounds. It was a consent search.

There was a consent search about twenty years ago, and a clever defense attorney got the evidence suppressed, because the suspects were deemed too stoned to be competent to authorize consent. They were legally incompetent so all of the evidence was denied.

Don't drink and drive. Don't smoke and drive. Order delivery and stay home.

I do not believe that marijuana leads to immoral and criminal behavior, and I also do not believe that it is a "gateway drug." I have had to babysit many prisoners who got arrested for heroin, and their gateway drug was legally prescribed Oxycontin, but when their script ran out they found out that heroin was easier and cheaper to get (synthetic heroin).
 carte_blanche69
Msg: 1470
Posted: 5/15/2009 4:10:28 PM

a woman does'nt need money to buy pot.

What does that have to do with the price of eggs in Lower Mongolia?
The statement, by it's implication, is a insult to women as a group ....
Perhaps you could explain what you mean by it?
 tre4s13
Msg: 1471
Posted: 5/16/2009 3:30:43 AM
I personally wouldn't give a damn, as long as the other person has their priorities right. "To each his own"
 privat33r
Msg: 1472
view profile
History
Posted: 5/16/2009 8:12:03 AM
There is a load of bull kicking through this thread. If you're one of the 1% most conservative people on the planet the question isn't for you. The rest of us don't need to hear your plans to send 20% of the populace to prison and cut off appendages of a bunch of quiet dealers.
For others who don't smoke, but wish to broaden our circle with friends that may be dissimilar-- well its a worthwhile question. Is pot smoking a deal breaker?
Well, it does seem to calm folk with anger management issues. The illegality doesn't seem an issue where I live. There's no link up to greater crimes, health problems or dangerous lifestyles here. All the studies and whatever that anyone wishes to pound into this thread can't change the obvious - alcohol is a much more dangerous drug - cigarette smoking is a bit less healthy overall - indulgence in saturated foods and corn syrups are a more serious health issue in every sense. By the way, the world is more or less a sphere, stars are far away suns, we evolved from lesser creatures and dinosaur bones are not some practical joke meant to test our faith.
I prefer those who smoke even though I can't. Its a nice smell - and seems to isolate moments as recreational and relaxing. I like the cool little machines and intricate glass and bamboo bongs too.
But there's a defensive preachiness and inner-circle exclusiveness that smokers sometimes project - that's irritating to deal with, especially in groups.
 MusikIsMyLife
Msg: 1473
view profile
History
Posted: 5/16/2009 9:21:56 AM
Okay to solve everyones question, pot has nothing to do with it. Something like 72% of canadians have either tried it or are still using it recreationally. The only thing that matters is when you are not willing to give up your chosen habit for the person you truelly believe may be the one. I mean its understandable if someone who doesnt smoke pot, does not wish to have it around them or even be around when it is being used, after all, do not forget, it is still illegal, however for someone to quit a frequent habbit for someone they just met is obsurd. On the other hand, they should have the respect for that other person and not do it in their presence. after the relationship builds and there is potential for future advancement, then maybe that person should think about quiting, or see if their partner is still okay with it or not. it all has to do with time really, how much do you truelly care about that person?
 rope_walker
Msg: 1474
view profile
History
Posted: 5/18/2009 5:08:28 PM
Do you understand that it is ILLEGAL.
 TOMic bomb
Msg: 1475
Posted: 5/18/2009 6:41:42 PM
being a doped out addle brained zombie is not what America should be about. we need clear thinkers, people who can help us to become a greater nation, not wastoids laying on the couch getting the munchies! good grief!
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >