Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > can non-pot smokers handle pot smokers?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 radiusman
Msg: 1226
can non-pot smokers handle pot smokers?Page 50 of 77    (37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77)
I didn't read this whole thing...but I would like to throw this in the mix.

Pothead smokes some weed one night.

Next day, boss tell pothead to pee in cup right now.

Pothead goes pee in cup.

Test result comes back for pothead

Pothead now jobless

Way to go pothead...you're awesome!! *Thumbs up!!*
 jus dave
Msg: 1227
can non-pot smokers handle pot smokers?
Posted: 11/14/2008 5:54:36 AM
^^^^^good points^^^^^^

and let's not even go near the testing for other drugs after you eaten a muffin with poppy seeds everyday for a week...

*passes the doobie*

dave
 breath~
Msg: 1228
Posted: 11/14/2008 10:16:35 AM
Wow.
52 pages.
One would have to be laid-back stoned to read through this entire thread!!

I did some speed reading, did some glancing, grabbed the feeling of it all..
and it certainly does seem to give the answer that nope, most non-pot smokers can not handle pot smokers!

Funny thing is... we walk among you. You don't even know we may be a little bit stonned.
And ya love us anyway.

radiusman
Msg: 1229
Posted: 11/14/2008 10:22:40 AM
1) Maybe a pot head shouldn't go for a job where he/she knows there will be routine drug tested.

1. Hm, Grove pickers? Farm workers....McDonalds? (Maybe)

Electrical Engineers? Paralegal? Secretary...nope..they require drug testing.

Unless it's a crappy menial job....not many out there that DONT offer drug tests.

2. I get a kick out of how potheads want to smoke the weed SO badly that they try to rationalize for it. That, in itself, is part of the addiction. The whole rationalizing bit.

Not sure if potheads realize that defending it to the VERY end is also part of their addiction.

When I think Pot head, I don't think of someone I would want to hire, that's for sure...esp when operating big arsed machinery. lol

I would refuse to BE in a room with potheads smoking that crap, because I refuse to associate with anyone that does it.

Sorry, guess being a son of a cop does that to ya. lol

So he's arrested potheads numerous times.
 jus dave
Msg: 1230
Posted: 11/14/2008 11:12:08 AM
^^^^^seems to have a butt load of information and misinformation to be someone who has a mind set against so-called "pot-heads." first hand knowledge at one time possibly???

anyone have their definition/difference of/between "pot-head" vs. occasional user?

please share.

*breath~- quit bogarting!*

dave
 msusnicknel
Msg: 1231
view profile
History
Posted: 11/14/2008 12:17:55 PM
Damn, I thought i was done with this thread!

Unless it's a crappy menial job....not many out there that DONT offer drug tests.

-Physician
-Lawyer
-Business Owner
-Author
-Electrician
-Management/Administration (I'm in management and I was never tested)
-Mechanic
-Professor
-Chef
-Social Worker

Those are just a couple off the top of my head that don't require random drug testing. I'll agree that many companies require an initial drug test before hiring, but most pot smokers deal with that by....wait for it....wait for it....wait for it...not smoking while looking for a job!

I mean to each their own. Nothing against you if you can't or don't want to deal with the herb smoking population. Personally, I can't stand cops and would refuse to associate or be in a room with with anyone who choses that line of work. (Mainly because they tend to acy like either bullies or preachers, when in reality most cops break more laws in any given day than anyone else, including the folks they hassle!)

Guess we all have our dealbreakers.
 Snapington
Msg: 1232
Posted: 11/14/2008 12:30:42 PM
Pot smoking is not an addiction per se but a dependancy. There are no withdrawl syptoms from stopping.
 luckygirl43
Msg: 1233
Posted: 11/14/2008 6:17:40 PM
Right on Darkest! I am one of the few who actually state I like/smoke weed on my profile and if someone doesn't like it I am glad that they skip my profile. That said, I have still had a few responses from guys who when they find out I smoke weed, say they don't want to chat anymore. Makes you wonder how much of your profile they actually read before contact?
 abaris08
Msg: 1234
view profile
History
Posted: 11/21/2008 5:22:54 AM
Yeah... they test to get the job... but there are ways around it... well known ones. And it isn't hard to quit for a month. I know plenty of professional people that smoke. Blow your theory out your anti-sunshine hole. Smoking pot will not limit your station in life... in fact, if you are intelligent, like most smokers, you will find the challenge fun and not too daunting.

The only real issues are CDLs. Random test. LEGALIZE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is a tame substance, people.
 abaris08
Msg: 1235
view profile
History
Posted: 11/21/2008 5:25:36 AM
Lame. Couch potato? TV? Stereotype. That's the word you need to use. How about straight A full time student? Figure that one out. Oh... and daily smoker.
 SweetnessInFlorida
Msg: 1236
Posted: 11/21/2008 7:43:09 AM
I dont always like the laws, but i do live by them.

I am one of those who does not see marijuan as a bad thing. I have enjoyed it in my younger days.

BUT

I wont partake in it, nor be around someone who does, for the fact that it is illegal. And i hvae observed that people who use long-term tend to be washed out idiots.

I have 2 kids, and i am their sole parent, and NO substance is so important that i would do something illegal that could get me arrested, theye need me, and that is more important than smoking pot.
Plus I was married to a cop, who told me that in my county they come down REAL hard on marijuana, so therefore do NOT even haqng with people who smoke.
 somewhatcute
Msg: 1237
Posted: 11/21/2008 9:33:12 AM
Well, pot smokers are that boring I cant handle that unless I am sleeping.
 Snake-charmer
Msg: 1238
Posted: 11/21/2008 10:21:55 AM
Notice that it's only the pot smokers whining that pot is exactly the same as a glass of wine. Yawn.

Stoners need pot to make it through a normal day. To me, this is not exactly sexy in a man I want to date. I happen to like strong, capable men. Men who can get things done without using an illegal drug as a crutch because they can't deal.

I would venture a guess that most other non pot-smoking women feel the same way.
 GGarbo
Msg: 1239
Posted: 11/21/2008 11:19:49 AM
I smoke pot and it was only an issue once. I was given an ultimatum so I quit smoking it for 5 years. I wasn't doing anything bad or anything, the guy I was dating just really didn't like being around drugs and I respected that. Kind of funny really because he became a serious alcoholic and I had to dump him. I immediately started to smoke pot again and realized it improves the quality of my life. I had 5 years of clarity to realize that it actually helped me a lot of areas like anxiety and focus. I am more productive because I smoke MJ.

I think it's in my life probably as long as I want it to be there because I am not quitting again because of someone else's perception of it.

We live in a world that has a lot of stress. Having a routine to escape it regardless of what it is, is necessary to being happy. Some people cycle, some read a book, some paint, some hang with friends, and sometimes there are people who enhance the escape with MJ. It's really good for intense people who need extra help switching to that escape mode. It is different than other drugs in that it's not personality altering.

I mean you are a relaxed and content you but it's still you. Whereas other drugs can cause mood swings, MJ can prevent them. It is a natural remedy for PMS mood swings too. I'm not going to get into a big debate about it though because those who are against it don't usually know very much about it and their issues are based on principles not fact.

I would date a non-pot smoker provided they didn't nag me and it didn't violate their principles. I don't want them to change their principles for me because they might "think" they can change their principles easy but it's not an easy thing to do.

Oh yeah and paralegals, legal secretaries, Executive Assistants, Liaisons, etc. etc. do not have to take drug tests in any of the companies I worked for. People had to pass criminal record checks but I don't think many companies around here test for drugs unless people are in a field where impairment could cause loss of life.

The All Amazing Geek Girl
Msg: 1240
Posted: 11/21/2008 12:54:55 PM
The question is really vague- but it should be in the person's profile or mail settings. For instance, I've made it very clear in mine that I as a person say no. But someone else might be more open towards something like that.

It's in the profile.
 dlros
Msg: 1241
Posted: 11/24/2008 9:53:07 AM
"bullie" inspired me to post a reply to this, because I really liked her even-handed and liberal approach to the answer. She has the kind of "live and let live" attitude that I strive for in my own life. So I really dug deep to try to be fair. Im easygoing and actually enjoy the challenge of making things work when a relationship presents itself as really having someting to work twards; but I just have to weigh in on the "con" side and say that it does bother me deeply, if its not a complete deal breaker.

The sheer size of this thread belies the immense importance people place on the subject- and the passion with which users approach thier "hobby". Does anyone else see how poeple would rather rally to the defense of drug use then post in threads about love, sexuality and making relationships work? To me this says a lot about the true priorities of pot smokers in general. In all the forums I've been cruising, I've never seen such numorous, long posts, twisted logic and (obvious to me, anyway) self deception.

Don't get me wrong, I'm in favor of legalizing every drug out there. I don't think anyone should ever tell someone else how to treat thier body. But the subject is relationships and drug use, so by definition there are always TWO people who suffer any consequences. Here is my argument:

1. This is an illegal drug. Regardless of how you feel about legality, this very fact makes it a dangerous drug. It is absolutely amazing to me, for instance that mothers with children at home use this drug. Anytime you have an illegal substance on your property you risk that fateful knock at your door, with all the ensuing legal problems; ruined reputation, criminal records and possible job loss that can and usually does ensue. Rightly or wrongly, you could lose your KIDS for g-ds sake! Pot smokers will say "well, it's just like a traffic ticket". That argument doesn't hold water. Traffic tickets don't usually include arrest. They don't usually require ruinous legal expenses. Nor do they include a criminal record. Beyond that, every time you buy you risk your life. The people you are buying from are criminals, in every sense of the word, and they live in a dangerous world. I don't care how harmless you think they are, they still have even more dangerous poeple who are involved with them. If your significant other is a user of ANY illegal drug, you always share the risk with them whether you use or not. If they are in the house with you, in the car with you if you get arrested, so can they. How can you allow anyone you love to undertake that risk; ESPECIALLY when they aren't guilty!! Beyond that, you are also supporting every drug lord, smuggler, killer and terrorist that exists all through the distribution chain. Yes, this can all be eliminated by legalization; but that dosn't change the facts on the ground, as they exist right now.

2. It's a behaviour-changeing, addictive drug. I have met very few pot smokers that could use recreationally on an occasional basis. And when you use it almost every day, you are affected by it every day. I makes people slow witted, apathetic and sexually inconsistant. Most people don't want thier significant others to be that way more than a few hours a week. But it never is with pot smokers is it? Let's be honest! Regarding addiction; I don't want to hear how it's not physically addictive-it's not relevent. ALL addictions are primarily psychological; even with the physiologically addictive drugs. Thats why they are all treated primarily by mental health professionals.

3. You won't find out until it's too late. If you put up with somone who is a drug user of any type, they are extremely talented at hiding the consequenses of thier actions. You won't know how bad it is until they show up high at your parents dinner party, or until you start sharing expenses and your money is missing; or until you have to bail them out of jail for the "minor" offense of buying.

So, can a non pot smoker deal with a pot smoker? Well, if I loved someone enough I would want to give them every benefit of a doubt. But there would have to be a whole lot of negotiation and a h-ll of a lot of wishful thinking optimism going on. In the end, sadly; it may be a sad case of me hoping that the person would give it up.

Doesn't anyone else see what I do? That it's difficult to go forward with someone who has so little respect for his or herself that they can't say "I just don't need this", because it's so potentially dangerous for themselves and the partnership they claim they desire- WITH YOU.
 dirt diva1
Msg: 1242
view profile
History
Posted: 11/25/2008 1:16:06 PM
hey Dimer I grew up too..used to be a stoner back when in the high school years. But if you have been smoking awhile it's no longer recreational and it's an addiction just like any other addiction.

Personally I drink little to none and perfer moderation in the excesses area. Most people are looking for someone balanced and stable for the most part I would think. Someone addicted to a substance, any substance I wouldn't consider balanced.

xxx,dd
 dirt diva1
Msg: 1243
view profile
History
Posted: 11/25/2008 8:53:28 PM
Once I had a longtime pot smoker as a patient and he had to get one lung removed and had a fungus grown all in his chest cavity from the years of smoking pot.

Goss

xxx,janine
 Snapington
Msg: 1244
Posted: 11/25/2008 9:25:21 PM
Diva that was pure troll. I've known many pot smokers and never heard that one before. This isn't about the misinformed bashing of smokers.
In New York there is only a fine for small amounts now also in Mass. under an ounce
is a civil matter. No one loses their house or has ruinous bills unless they are dealing larger quantities, and that is beyond the scope of this thread. I smoked and had girlfriends that didn't smoke it was great. I followed the rules like smoke outside or not too much. As far as criminals go pot dealers are very laid back people. You country folks have to worry about meth now that's some scary stuff.
 ahotrodgirl
Msg: 1245
Posted: 11/25/2008 9:33:31 PM
Let me tell ya'll something....if all a person does is smoke pot and not any other kind of hard drugs...your good to go....it grows naturally on our earth therefore, it's a natural herb....for those who won't talk to or date anyone that smokes pot, it's because you have no idea what it does or doesn't do.....am I right or am I right? That person is being a Prude....I agree with deviler.....I don't see it being such a bad thing.......
 balla420
Msg: 1246
Posted: 11/25/2008 9:40:42 PM
wut if its a monthly thing
 crimson_idol
Msg: 1247
view profile
History
Posted: 11/25/2008 11:55:16 PM
EXCELLENT post...

I am not a straightedge by any stretch of the imagination but there is something particularly irritating to me about potheads.
Theres quite a few things actually but I'm not going to go into it all so as not to generalize.

I hate people who cant go a day or two without smoking it.

I hate when the same people consider it to not be a drug.

habitual pot smokers (potheads) in my mind are trash.

Theyre all the same!!! I have never seen a drug have such uniformly STUPIFYING effect to its user base.
 Close_2_U
Msg: 1248
Posted: 11/26/2008 4:00:36 AM
Pot can detract from a lot of things. ie: responsibilities, bank account, ability to drive safely... etc. I guess if you can find someone who is just as fried as you are, then it is a match. Happy hunting!!!!!

radiusman
Msg: 1249
Posted: 11/26/2008 4:50:02 AM

.it grows naturally on our earth therefore, it's a natural herb

Cut the crap..."Grows naturally" LOL

Um...so does cocaine. A drug is a drug is a drug. An illegal substance is an illegal substance is an illegal substance.

You don't see it as a bad thing, but that employer that will one day decide to give you that little unannounced drug test WILL!
 dlros
Msg: 1250
Posted: 11/26/2008 5:51:02 AM

....it grows naturally on our earth therefore, it's a natural herb....

This is just so indicative of the constant state of denial that pot smokers are in!

Who cares if it grows naturally? There are plenty of things you put into your body every day that are "processed". And there are plenty of things that grow naturally that will KILL immediatly you if you put them in your body.

If you are going to make an argument use a valid valid one. Just because something is natural does not mean it's good to consume it.

When was the last time you ate a bowlfull of dirt? Nothing more natural than that-Completely unprocessed!

Please-
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > can non-pot smokers handle pot smokers?