Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 tbuddha
Msg: 1558
can non-pot smokers handle pot smokers?Page 54 of 77    (37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77)

Marijuana Smoke Linked to Cancer:
http://www.webmd.com/cancer/news/20090623/marijuana-smoke-linked-to-cancer

This is the same kind of watered down, inconclusive science that has been put forth in propaganda for years. Really? You're gonna reference a Big Pharma site? Let's look at this article. I added notes in parentheses and EMPHASIS is mine:

June 23, 2009 -- Smoking pot causes cell damage that COULD make a person more likely to develop cancer, researchers report. (Of course, with all their research, they still can't prove that it actually does, so they use hypotheticals)

Scientists (no MD mentioned) at the University of Leicester have discovered that marijuana (cannabis) smoke alters DNA, the genetic material located in cells of the human body. SOME forms of DNA damage can lead to cancer. (but not from pot)

Many studies have shown that TOBACCO smoke damages DNA in a way that boosts risk for lung and other cancers, but until now, it's been unclear whether cannabis smoke could do the same. Of particular concern is a cancer-causing chemical called acetaldehyde, which is found in both tobacco and marijuana smoke. Using new chemistry techniques, study researchers showed that the chemical, when present in marijuana smoke, caused DNA damage in a LABORATORY SETTING. (not in actual people, and we're very different from petri dishes, at least non brainwashed people are)

The discovery suggests that marijuana smoke MAY be as harmful, or perhaps even more toxic, than tobacco smoke (Since they threw in the disclaimer, why not go overboard with total BS?). In fact, study researchers (read gov hacks, not doctors) say that smoking three to four marijuana cigarettes a day causes as much airway damage as smoking 20 or more cigarettes a day. (they just can't cite any real studies)

"These results provide evidence for the DNA-damaging POTENTIAL of cannabis smoke," the researchers write, "IMPLYING that the consumption of cannabis cigarettes MAY be detrimental to human health with the possibility to initiate cancer development."

This is all big Pharma lies from a known Big Pharma website. The drugs they push on WebMD actually DO harm you, but they aren't doing studies on that. They didn't make ONE assertion in that whole article - it was "could" and "may" and "might" and "potential"...all stuff they can later say, "Well, we didn't say for sure."

The other articles were no different. If you're gonna do research on biological matters, read actual peer reviewed studies by actual doctors, not some corporate web site's BS propaganda piece.
 crystalspirit
Msg: 1559
can non-pot smokers handle pot smokers?
Posted: 8/24/2009 9:36:25 PM
Looked inside a used bong lately? Yep....looks really healthy....
 shadepassion
Msg: 1560
Posted: 8/25/2009 9:33:26 AM
You are an idiot, there is absolutely no proof anywhere that smoking pot is harmful to your health. The brain cell theory shows how uninformed you truly are!
 shadepassion
Msg: 1561
Posted: 8/25/2009 9:34:42 AM
You are an idiot, there is absolutely no proof anywhere that smoking pot is harmful to your health
 crystalspirit
Msg: 1562
Posted: 8/26/2009 9:40:36 PM
I've stood next to an ex-boyfriend while a doctor showed him his blackened lungs on an x-ray machine when I forced him to have a long term nagging cough checked out. He didn't smoke cigarettes ~ but LOTS of pot. The doctor said he needed to quit smoking (not realizing it wasn't cigarettes).

I look forward to your theory on how blackened lungs can be OK. Is a deep ongoing barking cough healthy? I'll take being called an idiot by you a compliment.
 Remagine
Msg: 1563
view profile
History
Posted: 9/1/2009 5:18:28 PM
Any smoking is bad for you. The real question is "if pot were to become decriminalized would it be a deal breaker?"

Risk effects could be minimized by growing your own & using a vaporizer. Something needs to be done about the legal status of marijuana. We cant continue to lock folks up for years.
 sweetlikesugarcane
Msg: 1564
Posted: 9/1/2009 7:44:15 PM
No ganja! It is illegal.

(messages this short may not be posted?)
 felinefan
Msg: 1565
Posted: 9/2/2009 1:30:42 PM
If they are a frequent user, I would say no. I have two experiences with this--one about 2 years ago, and the other about 12 years ago. In both cases, the guy seemed to need it and/or alcohol to unwind every evening. In the second case, he sometimes used it in the daytime too. He had it an odd work schedule and since his work involved driving I still can't get over the fact that he didn't have mandatory drug testing. His company has it now, I guess.

Anyway on our first date he smoked up and asked if it bothered me. I lied and said it didn't. My thinking was that everybody has some quirk or other and I' m not in a position to be picky. But he became so difficult to deal with. He would interrupt constantly when we talked, ask the same question 5 times because he either forgot the answer or wasn't listening and was just so rude. One afternoon I was waiting for him to visit and he called me on his cell from Rainier Valley, a neighborhood I knew he really had no reason to be in save one, and said, "
I'm waiting for this guy to show up. I wish he'd hurry up." It was like something out of a Lou Reed song. I knew what his business with this guy was. I sensed that he was really losing interest in me anyway and treating me like a booty call. Finally I said, "I shouldn't have to keep calling you to remind you I'm alive." He said, "Point taken." I said, "You don't take me out in public any more." He said, "Yes, and that's going to change." So we planned a trip to the Olympic Penninsula(his idea.) He said, "We'll definitely do this. Hold me to it." That was two years ago. Needless to say, we never took the trip. I'm planning to do it alone later this month, actually. I stopped calling him, decided to do The Rules, and let him call me. After 8 months he did, only because he wanted me to help find a home for kittens borne by a feral cat he feeds in his back yard but never gets his s**t together enough to get spayed because he either doesn't trust the veterinarians or thinks they cost too much. This year he called again when she had another litter. I could go on and on about the dithering , the indecision, the paranoia, the broken promises. (He used to do a lot of coke too, I guess, but claims he's clean of that now.) The first guy, P., was similar in a lot of ways, though he was younger--38. T., the second guy, was in his sixties! The point of this rambling story is don't plan a big future with a pothead, you will probably be hurt. And if you ask a substance abuser, even indirectly to choose between you and the substance, don't take it personally when they choose the substance.
 smartypants24
Msg: 1566
Posted: 9/2/2009 9:17:06 PM
I love the smell of pot...I rarely smoke (I can count on one hand the number of times I have) but I don't mind being around while other people are smoking...recreationally! I couldn't handle someone who had a daily habit, or bought pot before groceries, or had a special place to keep their bong to minimize the effort needed to get their next hit ready. If the most exciting part of your evening is the joint someone brought along, that's not for me either...slightly contradictory I know...but thats just me
 fishinfosho
Msg: 1567
Posted: 9/2/2009 10:36:46 PM
pot heads turn me on...
somehow im attracted to the rocker/guitarist/skater/pothead types of guys even tho im not a big smoker myself
 felinefan
Msg: 1568
Posted: 9/3/2009 12:38:35 PM
Well, I guess that the smell of pot is slightly better than the smell of the cheap incense they use to cover it up!
 onlymehaha
Msg: 1569
Posted: 10/7/2009 9:41:23 PM
educate yourself folks,cannibis is actually linked brain cell recovery.and nerve regeneration.there are some of out there who are allergic to opiates and other heavy duty pain meds which cause more problems and more medications to counter the side affects of them.would you rather a junkie addicted to prescription drugs?and the world is looking for renewable energy ...how about sustainable energy,food clothing, plastics,and talking about plastics how about totally bio degradable plastic bags and container the litter the entire earth ,food building materials. hell there are companies making body panels for cars out of HEMP!it is the most healthy thing you can ingest in your body as far as i am concerned.hemp seed oil has the highest content of mono unsaturated fat of all food oils. and if ya didn't know mono unsaturated fat is way good for you. and will actually lower your cholesterol.wake up people it is a gift from god.are there any other plant that are distinctly male and female in seperate plants?look at what happened when alcohol was prohibited.we have more organized crime because of prohibition.the cal it a gate way drug...ya because i have to go to a drug dealer to get my pot! please stop putting people down for being true to themselves and not killing themselves with harsh drugs or prescription medications.sorry but that no life for me.there i said alot didn't i? lol
 tbuddha
Msg: 1570
Posted: 10/7/2009 10:07:26 PM
^^^^awesome rant!! High five!!
 onlymehaha
Msg: 1571
Posted: 10/7/2009 10:59:39 PM
ohh i forgot lol.how about never ever having to cut down another tree ever!or how about never having to use foreign oil ever!did you also know that concrete made from hemp fiber is 10 times stronger that conventional concrete...and 5 times lighter.and i'm soo sorry if it sounds like i'm standing on a soap box lol.we need to start thinking for our selves not how the system of goverment and the chemical and pharmacutical companies would. have you believe that we cannot do anything for ourselves.did you know that the dutch word for cannabis is CANVAS lol so the sails for the ships our fore father came to this great land of ours was made from cannibis and the covered wagons that went west were covered in what? CANNIBIS lol. hell the united states government even made a movie in the 50's called "Hemp For Victory".and that's not bullshit.it was once your duty as an American land owner to grow hemp for the war effort.and weather you all know it or not your grand parents were smokin pot when alcohol was illeagal.damn i shoulda been a polotician lol.call me a pot smoker if you must lol,but i cocider myself as a drug free pot smoker. i love you all and i'm not being a jerk just trying to educate the ignorant. and if anyone takes that as an insult i feel sorry for you.
 amiga2187
Msg: 1572
Posted: 12/14/2010 11:35:44 AM
You need to get a life. Pot maybe like alchohol for health problems. But have you ever been in a relationship with someone addicted to smoking pot? It is a Nightmare from hell just as an alcohlic I'm sure. So quit defending pot use it screws up your brain big time. I had a boyfriend that went psychotic from smoking too much. You are probably a pot smoker so of course there is no reasoning with you because all you pot smokers think its healthy blah blah blah Well all I can say is enjoy a very healthy lifestyle because you will spend your life alone with nobody around to pick up the pieces of your pathetic life!!!!
 SpecificTruths
Msg: 1573
Posted: 12/14/2010 11:49:11 AM
^^^ Yeah, reefer madness, much?
Pot is the most horrible thing to ever strike mankind. Thanks for reminding us.
 JRodriguez81
Msg: 1574
Posted: 12/14/2010 11:55:19 AM
You need to get a life. Pot maybe like alchohol for health problems. But have you ever been in a relationship with someone addicted to smoking pot? It is a Nightmare from hell just as an alcohlic I'm sure. So quit defending pot use it screws up your brain big time. I had a boyfriend that went psychotic from smoking too much. You are probably a pot smoker so of course there is no reasoning with you because all you pot smokers think its healthy blah blah blah Well all I can say is enjoy a very healthy lifestyle because you will spend your life alone with nobody around to pick up the pieces of your pathetic life!!!!

And yet, Ive known people that smoke pot everyday, and lead more than productive lives. They work, and have their sh*t together. They have great relationships. They just like to smoke pot...Just because your boyfriend was already a lunatic, doesnt mean that pot made him that way.

You just happened to date a freak, that smoked pot. LOL@ the whole "he went psychotic from smoking too much"

Dan99993
Msg: 1576
Posted: 12/14/2010 3:14:42 PM
If it's my SO, someone really important.. I'd live with it. But I'd rather she cut down the pot use to 'safe' levels.

Pot is not known to be a good thing, but maybe in moderation.. it's not too bad.
 eastwood969
Msg: 1577
Posted: 12/14/2010 5:38:59 PM
It wouldn't bother me that much if it were legal but if you are around it long enough you are going to draw in the police. I've only smoked it about 5 times in my life and it was usually because the girl I was with liked it. It made me a little sick at my stomach to smoke it and once I got over that my mind would just run way too slow. I think from my own personal experience that it's not safe to drive after smoking but some people can handle it. I've driven home drunk and I've driven home high and I felt like I had much better control drunk.
 SpecificTruths
Msg: 1579
Posted: 12/15/2010 9:04:40 AM

I've driven home drunk and I've driven home high and I felt like I had much better control drunk.

Well, now. That's a comforting thing to know.

Keep on truckin.
 Arlo_Troutman
Msg: 1580
Posted: 12/16/2010 8:15:04 AM

(jrodriguez81) And yet, Ive known people that smoke pot everyday, and lead more than productive lives. They work, and have their sh*t together. They have great relationships. They just like to smoke pot...

*sigh* Why do some people think that their anecdotal evidence trumps everything? SOME people bounce well off of pot... some, not so much. SOME people can handle booze in their lives... some, not so much.

Just because your boyfriend was already a lunatic, doesnt mean that pot made him that way.

I absolutely agree with this 100%. But, the pot may very well have been the thing that DID make him into a lunatic, or at least a big contributing factor. Just because YOU have good experience with pot-smokers, does not mean that EVERYONE has had good experience smoking pot.

Dr. ES...

(just like I like my occasional pint; but, it doesn't mean that there isn't a Skid Row...)
 foreverstacey
Msg: 1581
Posted: 12/16/2010 1:08:28 PM
I don't and will not date someone who smokes pot, or cigarettes. I don't do either, and I expect to be with someone who also doesn't.
 sweetness-one
Msg: 1582
view profile
History
Posted: 12/16/2010 1:26:55 PM

I've driven home drunk and I've driven home high and I felt like I had much better control drunk.

Well, now. That's a comforting thing to know.

Keep on truckin

Thank gawd you said it, cause I was wondering WTF?

Where do people come up with this stuff?

It's not something I could handle, OP. I've only ever known two people in my life who genuinely used pot in the manner that could be termed 'recreationally' or 'occasionally'. Both were also non-drinkers, coincidentally or not. If I'd wanted to date those two particular people? Sure, I likely could have handled that.

The pot vs drinking argument gets lost to me though, since the other people I've known that did smoke pot regularly (not the two I referred to above) DID smoke it all the time. First thing when they woke up in the morning, periodically during the day, and at night.

Impaired is impaired, and even though I do drink alcohol, I certainly couldn't imagine knocking back some Jack Daniels as my mouthwash in the morning and then heading to work.
 Seeking_an_equal
Msg: 1583
Posted: 12/16/2010 2:39:24 PM
I can't date anyone that does pot. It would be bad for my employment. Not just that either, I know people that are long term chronic pot heads and you can really tell by the way they think and act. The pot of today is not the pot of the 60's. I know everyone has heard that said before but it is still true. The levels of THC are far greater today than then.
 Seeking_an_equal
Msg: 1584
Posted: 12/16/2010 2:40:19 PM
To add to my previous post, I wont date an alcoholic either.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >