Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 pescando75
Msg: 1786
can non-pot smokers handle pot smokers?Page 75 of 77    (37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77)
Wow, does this actually happen in the States ????

Authorities raiding some guy smoking a dube in his home ?

Don't they have much bigger fish to fry ?

http://www.cato.org/raidmap/

Everyone is up in arms over one mad man taking out a movie theatre of patrons. When do people pay attention to systematic atrocities at the hands of our government?
 timmison
Msg: 1788
view profile
History
can non-pot smokers handle pot smokers?
Posted: 7/28/2012 9:43:12 PM
marijuana is not a drug it is an herb. I use it for problems with my hands and arms. you would never know if i was taking my medicine or not. Sometimes a heavier dose is needed for a muscle spasm. and that sure beats getting shitfaced and hung over from a pharmaceutical pill. SO YES I USE MARIJUANA ,, NO I DO NOT DO DRUGS. thank you.
 Janet_Always
Msg: 1789
Posted: 7/28/2012 10:29:42 PM
If someone wants to smoke pot once in a while for fun or daily for medicinal purposes, I don't really care.

It's not something I'd want in my home or in my life on a regular basis, though.
 matt051177
Msg: 1790
Posted: 7/29/2012 1:05:08 AM
I couldn't smoke pot if I wanted to because I'd lose my job--but I did when I was in University and I know lots of people my age who continue to do it. To me it's pretty clear that pot is no big deal at all, unless you want it to be. Sure, it's illegal. But come on people, think for yourselves. Just because some misinformed politicians declared it evil 100 years ago doesn't mean there is anything to it. If there was, there would be crystal clear, unambiguous scientific proof by now. The best that most vocal detractors can come up with is anecdotal bull$hit like "yeah, well, I knew this guy who smoked weed and he became stupid and he ate fritos all the time and he was obsessed with Pink Floyd and he stopped showering and blah blah blah". So, you knew a lazy ass bum. I know all kinds of lazy ass bums who have never touched a spliff in their lives.

Can pot be harmful? Of course it can. Should it be kept away from youngsters? Sure, which is one of the strongest arguments there is in favor of rethinking the laws. I know in my area, it's a lot easier for an underage kid to get pot than booze.

Too much of just about ANYTHING is bad. There are countless things that all kinds of people do for enjoyment that become harmful when done too much. Booze, gambling, fast food, video games, coffee, television, shopping, collecting/hoarding, and on and on.

Consider Oxycontin. Anybody who takes that drug regularly over a period of time is eventually going to find themselves in a hell-on-earth addiction scenario from which they will be lucky to ever return. I mean, Rush friggin' Limbaugh got hooked on it--the biggest right-wing anti-hippy imaginable.

On the other hand, there are people that smoke pot every day for decades and lead perfectly normal--sometimes highly successful--lives. All you high and mighty types have no idea how many people around you smoke pot without you ever realizing it; they just don't tell you because they don't care to be judged by you. You see the odd conspicuous burn out here and there with the 420 shirt saying "hey duuuuuude" and you assume that must be what pot does to everybody who touches it. Come on, admit it: you're not even trying to think critically about this--you want to believe such nonsense, therefore you do.

My point: it's the individual not the substance. Lazy bums with no motivation and people who live full, successful lives are going to be the way they are with or without pot. I can't believe how few people actually understand this.
 TDanenhower
Msg: 1792
Posted: 7/29/2012 3:22:52 PM
To oldspice48, sorry for ranting but, have you ever heard of marinol its a DRUG that's fda approved and guess who it's prescribed to? aids and cancer patients. this drug is actually synthetic THC and its been approved for years, i don't understand why pot has such a bad stigma when doctors can already prescribe this, especially when its side effects are minimal compared to say alcohol which destroys the liver and brain and overdosing is completely possible, while for an overdose on pot it takes consuming several POUNDS, which is nigh on impossible. THC's anti-inflammatory properties even help protect the lungs from damage when inhaled and has many medical benefits to the body./rant

http://www.rxlist.com/marinol-drug-center.htm
Also read earlier in this topic about using this to escape reality or change it one of the two, and that's not the reason at least for me it was not, it really can give you a whole new viewpoint on things, reading while stoned was one of the funner things I've done in my life.
 Jusneedu
Msg: 1793
Posted: 7/29/2012 4:25:50 PM
I can not stand people who smoke like a chimney, let alone ones that smoke like a pot chimney!!!

Had a date with someone on here and that's all he did was smoke it the whole time. Road around on the bike that afternoon,and he'd stop several times and light one. Went to a bar that night, and he went to smoke outside several times. I was afraid between his drinking and smoking we were not going to make it back to my place. And about 5 miles out of the place we were at, he almost wrecked the bike!!!!
Back at my place he started to light one, and that was it. Out the door!
Sorry, but not into the illegals, and the smoke....
 surfaceofficer
Msg: 1794
Posted: 7/29/2012 4:34:09 PM

Wow, does this actually happen in the States ????

Authorities raiding some guy smoking a dube in his home ?

Don't they have much bigger fish to fry ?

America imprisons more of its own citizens than any other country in the world. Roughly 52% of those imprisoned are on convictions related to drugs.
 TDanenhower
Msg: 1795
Posted: 7/30/2012 12:43:07 AM
to oldspice: so are you for or against pot? medically what limits would you propose? pill,smoked,vaporized,ingested does it matter as long as the drug works as intended and no, specifically isolating cannabinoid's does make them safer by limitinb other active principals, it's their choice on how they take medication and synthing something doesn't really make it any cheaper, if pot was legal so would hemp and hemp would do wonders in our economy. i'm not seeing any extremely toxic chemicals in this list provided below, and all of these except the cannabinoids are present in food,vitamins, drink, and medication.
"...[T]here are 483 different identifiable chemical constituents known to exist in cannabis. The most distinctive and specific class of compounds are the cannabinoids (66 known), that are only known to exist in the cannabis plant.
Other constituents of the cannabis plant are: nitrogenous compounds (27 known), amino acids (18), proteins (3), glycoproteins (6), enzymes (2), sugars and related compounds (34), hydrocarbons (50), simple alcohols (7), aldehydes (13), ketones (13), simple acids (21), fatty acids (22), simple esters (12), lactones (1), steroids (11), terpenes (120), non-cannabinoid phenols (25), flavonoids (21), vitamins (1) [Vitamin A], pigments (2), and elements (9).
The very most of these compounds are found in other plants and animals and are not of pharmacological relevance with regard to the effects exerted by cannabis preparations."
 Janet_Always
Msg: 1796
Posted: 7/30/2012 5:52:32 AM
I believe opiates are also plant-derived... I think everyone would agree that heroin is a drug.

If it makes you feel better thinking pot isn't a drug, by all means...

and if it helps you in some medicinal way, great.

But you will be judged, just as we all do, for whatever choices we make in life.
 barefootkitten
Msg: 1797
Posted: 7/30/2012 8:57:27 AM

marijuana is not a drug it is an herb. I use it for problems with my hands and arms. you would never know if i was taking my medicine or not. Sometimes a heavier dose is needed for a muscle spasm. and that sure beats getting shitfaced and hung over from a pharmaceutical pill. SO YES I USE MARIJUANA ,, NO I DO NOT DO DRUGS. thank you.

Cocaine comes from the coca plant and heroin derives from the poppy. Are you going to argue these aren't drugs either because they come from plants?

Just because you don't consider yourself a drug user doesn't make it true. You choose to use a drug for whatever reason (medical or otherwise), therefore, you ARE a drug user.

I choose not to associate with people who smoke pot for many reasons, the least of which is that the smell of it makes me gag...literally, bend over retching gag. I don't want it around me. Period. I simply wish people who do choose to do it would actually be HONEST about their drug use so that those of us who do not want to be around it can choose to move on to someone who would be a better match, rather than the lies people tell about it in the hopes to dupe someone into meeting you who would never have met you had they known the truth.
 heypretty
Msg: 1798
Posted: 7/30/2012 9:45:09 AM
i dunno..what theey can handle!
 pescando75
Msg: 1800
Posted: 7/30/2012 11:39:15 AM

have you ever heard of reading the person's comments before you reply to them? I posted 3 comments in a row... In comment #1881 I go into a detailed discussion of synthetic cannabinoids & I mention Marinol, lol. Read it. Marinol & other synthetic cannabinoids are NOT "pot". Pot is a plant that is composed of almost 500 substances or chemicals, some of them being cannabinoids. Only in isolation from the other chemicals does a single cannabinoid become really effective & safe to use. And it's much easier & cost-effective to synthesize the pure cannabinoids in a lab, thus drugs/pills like Marinol.

Why are the pharma companies no longer concentrating on synthetics then if they are so wonderful? The interplay between all those components of the natural plant and how they help to regulate the body's processes TOGETHER is important. "Marinol" is 100% THC. No one needs 100% THC. It will make you freak the hell out.

I don't know how many times I have posted the US Government's PATENT on CBD, for example, and never get any of you do-gooders to respond to this information that our government is aligning themselves with corporations to sell us cannabis-derived meds once again. (Ya know, they same ones that were on the AMA pharmacopeia before the turn of the 20th Century?) It's the same stuff you can get at any dispensary (whole plants tinctures, for example, like Sativex being produced by GW Pharmaceuticals in the UK.) You're happy to let corporations rule our lives while jailing people just so that they can secure easy profits in the future? Sorry, but good luck getting people on board with that idea. The Federal crackdown to this end on sick people and their caregivers is disgusting.

I love the stereotypes people instantly jump to. "They'll light it up in my car if I hang out with them." Uh-huh. Because the "reefer madness" makes people do CRAZY things.

As to the "safety" aspect: has anyone paid ANY amount of attention to all the side effects and warnings on FDA-approved medications? And we're supposed to worry about the potential complications from pot? Some of those pharma drugs sound AWFUL and very dangerous. I'd roll the dice on a natural herb any day.

Schedule I narcotics: pot and heroin TOTALLY belong in the same classification, don't they? Makes PERFECT scientific sense. Uh-huh.
 Janet_Always
Msg: 1801
Posted: 7/30/2012 12:22:49 PM

As to the "safety" aspect: has anyone paid ANY amount of attention to all the side effects and warnings on FDA-approved medications? And we're supposed to worry about the potential complications from pot? Some of those pharma drugs sound AWFUL and very dangerous. I'd roll the dice on a natural herb any day.

I agree with you, that pharmaceutical companies, like all business are dictated by profits.

But the fact is it's illegal and has a lot of social stigma attached to it. You can't really blame people for not wanting to be associated with it.

Using the argument that its a plant is not enough.

I'm all for making it legal and I vote and sign petitions when they are available...

but I don't smoke it and don't want it around me or my family.

Cigarettes are also a plant and many have that same stance regarding smokers. I accept their decision, not try and talk them out of it.
 HeartOn64
Msg: 1802
Posted: 7/30/2012 12:27:25 PM

You mention you do a lot of hunting, with a gun I presume. I imagine since you’re a medical marijuana patient approved through your doctor, that you are registered as such. You obviously aren’t aware of the law that once you’re registered as a medical marijuana patient, you fall into a category that does not allow you to own, possess, buy, or transport any gun or ammunition:

According to a 21 Sep 2011 "Open Letter to All Federal Firearms Licensees" from ATF, holders of state-issued medical marijuana cards are automatically "prohibited persons" under 18 U.S.C 922(g)(3) and "shipping, transporting, receiving or possessing firearms or ammunition" by a medical marijuana card holder is a violation.

This law is just f'ing ludicrious.As IF people with medical conditions that are given MM Cards are some sort of threat to society? Give me a BREAK!

But anyone who drinks alcohol in excess(like MOST men with guns and LAW MAKERS) have carte blanche to own, possess, buy, or transport any gun or ammunition?

Total hypocracy at it's worst.

How about we villify alcohol the way Weed has been villify and illegalize THAT again and see the entire WORLD go up in arms if they can't get thier alcohol FIX!

Let's not forget............Alcohol is a DRUG.Just a socially accepted one.

I don't hang out with ANYONE who doesn't smoke weed.You uptight people need to stay away from us!
 surfaceofficer
Msg: 1803
Posted: 7/30/2012 12:29:58 PM
They will NEVER legalize drugs in America. It's a political deadzone.
 HeartOn64
Msg: 1804
Posted: 7/30/2012 12:36:22 PM
They re- legalized Alcohol......and if they can TAX it...they will eventually legalize it.

At least they made it legal for medical.
 pescando75
Msg: 1805
Posted: 7/30/2012 1:17:55 PM

I agree with you, that pharmaceutical companies, like all business are dictated by profits.

But the fact is it's illegal and has a lot of social stigma attached to it. You can't really blame people for not wanting to be associated with it.

Using the argument that its a plant is not enough.

I'm all for making it legal and I vote and sign petitions when they are available...

but I don't smoke it and don't want it around me or my family.

Cigarettes are also a plant and many have that same stance regarding smokers. I accept their decision, not try and talk them out of it.

Janet,

I don't "blame" people for not wanting to do it, just as those who don't drink are just fine by me.
We can, however, ask people why they take the government and corporations on their word that it's "bad."
Too much is known as to WHY its illegal. People have their heads in the sand on so many things, and this is just another one. The fact that the same corporations are making oodles of money with it being illegal is lost on many. HSBC bank was just found to have laundered over $380 BILLION for the cartels. And their fine? A few million.
WHY, oh why, dear, would you listen to such corporations and their take on the matter. It's only stigmatized and enforced as it is because they can make a TON of cash that way too. It's the world's easiest money printing press to make something illegal. Yet people insist its for societal "safety." The exact opposite is happening with all the stated goals of prohibition. The unstated goals, such as the HSBC example above (and there have been many more) are working juuuuust fine, however.

So take the social "stigma" and roll it and smoke it. I think corporations and government gaming the system and making political prisoners out of people is a much more dire "stigma." Pick a side. Recognize who the "bad guys" really are.
 Janet_Always
Msg: 1806
Posted: 7/30/2012 1:43:28 PM

Recognize who the "bad guys" really are.

It's not about knowing who is good or bad... It's making a decision to be "smart".

Marijuana use effects business and personal relationships in a way that would be detrimental to my well being.

For the same reason I drive 65 when I know darn well it's safe to drive 80. It's the law and the risks just simply aren't worth it to me.
 pescando75
Msg: 1807
Posted: 7/30/2012 2:16:19 PM
Try looking beyond your own existence and trying to hold everyone to standards acceptable to you.
"It's the law, and I don't care if it benefits a certain few." How can you say this with a straight face when banks are laundering money, nations are corrupted, we have the highest prison populations in the world, and every stated goal of prohibition is an abject failure?

If you failed at your business, every day, year after year, at what point would you fire yourself, dear? You wouldn't. You'd go out of business, -unless you got to feed at the public trough for more money like the drug war does.

All you are "proving" is that you are too fearful to object to failed laws.
 surfaceofficer
Msg: 1808
Posted: 7/30/2012 2:20:57 PM

They re- legalized Alcohol......and if they can TAX it...they will eventually legalize it.

That was back when Americans weren't willing to trade individual freedoms for a false sense of security. Those times are gone. Now we have the TSA; statistically the most ineffective invasion into personal liberties of the century. When Americans have the gonads to draw that back then MAYBE we'll see an end to the war on drugs.

Right now...its just not on enough people's priority list.
 Janet_Always
Msg: 1809
Posted: 7/30/2012 2:38:20 PM

All you are "proving" is that you are too fearful to object to failed laws.

All you're proving is that you can't handle anyone disagreeing with you.

I support your decision to have medicinal pot available to you... but that isn't enough? I have to want to join in to prove my loyalty?

I also support gay marriage... I'm not going to marry a woman to further their plight, either.

Best of luck to you.
 pescando75
Msg: 1810
Posted: 7/30/2012 2:48:31 PM
"Best of luck."
You just ooze condescension, showing that you believe there is a "morally superior" position in not objecting to outright abuse of citizens.

Never said I even used the stuff, but go ahead and make more assumptions. And no, I would not have it available to me legally for medical purposes in my state. (More inaccurate ASSumptions on your part.)

Furthermore, when I said I have no problem with people not drinking either, that, to you, means I INSIST on you partaking in pot? Are you sure you haven't already, as you are not making ANY sense. Personal liberty is offensive to you? So be it. You are not someone I'd wish to associate with, and your abstaining from pot would have NOTHING to do with it. You just haven't given much thought to your arguments and I don't respect people who are so sure of themselves utilizing so few facts to demonstrate their position.

By the way, the US legal codes all point to the UN Single Convention Narcotics TREATY (NOT A LAW) as the basis for prohibition. It also does not state that INDIVIDUALS are to be persused as "law breakers." It is only how our beloved governments interpret said TREATY. So " a law is a law" isn't a law, but again, you haven't looked into any of this in any detail to be able to comment accurately. Keep going. This is fun. If you wish to be governed by those OUTSIDE of our country and CONSTITUTION, that's your problem.
 matt051177
Msg: 1811
Posted: 7/30/2012 5:03:33 PM
Why on earth are we debating the definition of the word “drug”? Games of semantics are usually a good indicator of a flimsy argument. Call pot whatever you want—heck, call it a giraffe. The only important thing is what its use means as a practical matter in the real world.

If pot was legalized decades ago, most of you wouldn’t be making nearly as big a deal about it as you are in this thread. There would be a field on the PoF profiles right under “do you drink?” that says “do you smoke marijuana?” and people would be forthright about it. Why is this important? Because it demonstrates that strong opinions are being formed by the stigma of illegality and prolonged, insidious exposure to a government-funded campaign of mis-information, rather than an objective assessment of real first-hand observations. I know all kinds of discreet but frequent users of pot who live excellent lives—full families, running businesses, having mortgages paid off at age 33. I smoked several times a week in my later high school years and all through university, and somehow managed to come out the other end with dean’s list honours in Engineering and, eventually, a Masters degree. I outright stopped doing it about 7-8 years ago, because it put my job at risk and I simply didn’t enjoy it much anymore. No psychotic episodes, no nights spent in the fetal position battling withdrawals. Crazy, right? How is that possible? People like us must be super geniuses if we can sacrifice such a huge portion of our intelligence, motivation, and brainpower to pot and STILL manage to have enough left over to kick so much ass in life!

While I’m flattered that some of you might think I have such a super-brain, I’m here to offer up a much more mundane explanation: maybe, just maybe, my brain is totally of this earth and my situation only appears anomalous because conventional wisdom on this subject is riddled with fallacious, disingenuous bull$hit.

I’ll never say that there are “no negative health effects” of smoking weed, but that’s not the point. If the government, in an unprecedented stroke of do-this-don’t-do-that paternalism, decided to slap on the hand-cuffs for everything that has scientifically provable “negative health effects”, the shelves in your local grocery store would be barren. Ronald McDonald would be tarred and feathered (which I would support, by the way, but that’s a different story).

It’s clear that this debate isn’t about real world, practical aspects at all—it’s essentially an argument of politics. Most people forego the critical thinking and sit on whatever side creates the least dissonance with their preferred social/political image, and I find that to be very disappointing. Personally, I prefer to look at political hot-button issues as objectively as I can and draw my own conclusions, rather than succumb to the forces of groupthink (if you don’t know what that is, look it up, as it is a phenomenon very germane to this discussion).

Sure, I’ve encountered my fair share of the archetypal “lazy burn out” types over the years. But I’ve also seen just as many (if not more) cases where people use pot for extended periods of time with no observable negative life impacts whatsoever. I’ll base my opinions and views on observations and real first-hand experience over pamphlets and egg-in-frying-pan agitprop bull$hit any day of the week. As such, in the interest of good old-fashioned intellectual honesty, I simply cannot join the ranks of the self-righteous moral-police types shouting “pot is the devil” from the mountaintops. I repeat: a lazy dummy is a lazy dummy, whether he or she smokes pot or not. It’s the individual, not the substance.
 matt051177
Msg: 1812
Posted: 7/30/2012 5:11:07 PM

If they can’t get enjoyment & fulfillment from a straight life, they’ve got some deep-rooted problems

Straight life according to.... who, exactly?

Sorry bud, but there goes any credibility you might have had.
 OutofControlMan
Msg: 1813
Posted: 7/30/2012 9:40:57 PM

America is in a crisis. it's bad enough there are so many entitlements to loafers. the last thing we need are foggy addle brained zonked out twilight zone zombies in our midst.

true, you don't need people like conservative hero & hypocrite Rush Limbaugh, Oxy Contin addict, stoned out of his mind on prescription narcotics,

.. and millions more like him hooked on "good" drugs. (prescription anti-depressants, tranquilizers & narcotics).. we know they are 'good' drugs because they come from Big Pharma & Big Pharma donates lots of money to political parties & campaigns & has many powerful lobbyists in Washington
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >