Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 outandabout
Msg: 93
view profile
History
Why doesn't anybody EVER want an actual relationship anymore???Page 9 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
Very interesting response to the question....
I agree with a lot of what you are saying. All depends what you are looking for in a relationship.
Are you happy with who you are, is a BIG question and just looking for that little extra in your life.
Totally independant people with substance and sanity usually have very very few needs, and really don't want to share when "sharing" really means "giving." Often, they've been taken advantage of, and really don't want to compromise-- and don't really have to.
 guildford
Msg: 105
Why doesn't anybody EVER want an actual relationship anymore???
Posted: 11/19/2005 2:06:42 PM
Research shows that women only have casual sex with guys that are smarter and better looking than themselves. as the female you decide who you want to sleep with. You are a slut.
 dceeeee
Msg: 110
Posted: 11/19/2005 4:42:09 PM
@Jaysen99, I feel so bad for you...what your wife did to you was awful!!! I don't see how anyone can treat a partner like that... Well, things gotta get better, right? Chin up!!
 wiserd
Msg: 142
view profile
History
Posted: 11/20/2005 10:20:19 PM
I think a lot of people want a long term relationships though some guys are too sex obsessed to maintain one. The problem is that as people get older they either have been burned and have baggage so they're wary, they don't want to get married, etc.

I think part of the problem is that people are too romantic. They want to be "spontaneous" as if this were some kind of nobel trait. They enjoy doing things without thinking them thorugh, and then they're surprised when they're confronted with unanticipated problems. The people who make long term relationships work are generally not that spontaneous or impulsive. They know what their values and standards are. They look for someone not just with common interests but common values. Or else they find this by accident, or one partner submits to the other.

Here's my question for the ladies; what type of guy are you looking for and how do you try to meet him? Perhaps that would shed some light on why you meet the type of guys that you do.
 wiserd
Msg: 143
view profile
History
Posted: 11/20/2005 10:34:02 PM

There are other theories that are also heavily supported, one such theory is that the human race is at it's pinnicle of evolution, when theres no way of going up anymore, the ony way to go is down.

I don't know that there's really such a thing as a 'pinnacle' of evolution. Evolution is not so much about creatures getting better and better, but rather about adapting to their environment. From an evolutionary standpoint, people aren't "better" than alge, they're just adapted to surviving in different environments. (Of course, I value people more than algae, but that's not spiritual rather than scientific statement)

From an evolutionary standpoint, if a woman needs a man for cooperation, protection, etc. it makes sense to find one. If she isn't needy and can have kids with a man and raise them herself, then she can have kids with a man who is in better shape than the one who she could get a committment from. If there are a lot of women doing this (or if our culture and lifestyle makes us feel like a lot of women are doing this), men will have less desire to commit.
 wiserd
Msg: 144
view profile
History
Posted: 11/20/2005 10:39:24 PM

(Of course, I value people more than algae, but that's not spiritual rather than scientific statement)

Should read "that's a spiritual rather than scientific statement"
 wiserd
Msg: 145
view profile
History
Posted: 11/20/2005 10:48:30 PM

Women are venomous about two things: Their weight, and Your cheating. Starving children don't even get them worked up a little bit by comparison.

What if a guy let his weight go up? Would his wife be justified cheating on him then?

As was mentioned earlier, cheating can get a partner sick for life, involuntarily. That's a hell of a lot worse than someone gaining weight. Binge eating is a problem, sure. But personally I could eat all day and still be lean and mean. My body just won't allow it. (I'll get other problems, but my weight won't change.)

Because of this, I'm a bit more sympathetic of others gaining weight. If I can't gain it, maybe some have a terrible time losing it.
 myluv4poosie
Msg: 149
Posted: 11/21/2005 2:41:56 PM

This is why men arent getting married anymore

this is why the average age for marrage among men rose from 25 to 28 this year.

Men are TIRED of all these laws that benefit women just because they have a vagina. They are getting smarter and thinking less and less with the little head.

A shame isnt it ladies, the thing you've been asking for for the longest time is your eventual undoing.

Quite frankly, there is NOTHING in it for a guy to get married to a broad. Anything you can get in marrage, you can also get in a simple girlfriend situation.. hell they dont even have to LIVE with you for gods sake.

Someone said this is the age of equality? FINE lets make it the age of equality. STRIKE ALL LAWS INVOLVING WOMENS BENEFITS AFTER DIVORCE. you get devorced? you get NOTHING!
You cheat on your man? YOU;re responsible and YOU PAY COURT COSTS! you pop out a kid... refuse to have an abortion/put it up for adoption... even after the guy begged and pleaded with you not to? YOU PAY HIS CHILD SUPPORT, NOT MEN.

oh.. dont like that? well we dont like DOING IT! and go ahead... call me bitter and jaded and whatever else you can throw at me.. it doesnt bother me one bit. women are.. for the most part.. GOLDDIGGERS wanting to take every cent from the guy that they can before moving on to the next sap.

ya know what.. i DEFY you to give me 1 O_N_E one benefit to getting married that men cannot do without getting married.

YOU CANT!

Well said! Dude nailed it, and thanks in part to the internet, men are waking up. The chickens have come home to roost. You want meaningless sex? Ya got it. You want disposable relationships? ya got it too. ****-n-chuck is the name of the game babe.

http://dontmarry.com

http://nomarriage.com
 warrlord28
Msg: 150
Posted: 11/21/2005 4:15:33 PM
Number 1 its not all guys its just certain ones... I know a few women that do the same thing just in it for a once in a while fu#$... These are people that have a big problem with security issues... They only do it when they want the attention... Them are also the same people that seem to be with people that treat them like crap and the're probally going to jail for this or that... People say they want to meet and be with someone that treats them good.. I guess both men and women have to broaden their scope on what kind of people they are attracted to... I myself am still looking for that woman that wants a normal relationship... I seem to run into the same types you have...
 triplebp
Msg: 154
view profile
History
Posted: 11/22/2005 8:08:23 PM
I believe the problem is that everyone starts out looking for perfection. They start to define what this might be and the next thing you know their expectations are unattainable.
I think the fact is....people do want relationships. It is just everyone has a different opinion of what a relationship is. Just read this post and you can see that cariss. I have seen marriage, freedom, weight and all kinds of issues mentioned here but truth be told perfection only exists in Hollywood.
Get the picture.....start to accept that things aren't perfect and then they become ideal.
Backbird below sees it.
 Alex1joy
Msg: 166
Posted: 11/26/2005 8:55:35 AM
The reason I beleive this may happen to some women is because these women are attracted to men who other women are attracted to and these men already made up there mind that they want other women. IN other words some women like guys who don't want relationships because it ads a sense of danger and unpredictability to the mix, will he still love me? will he still care...its all about drama, women love drama. There are lots of guys who want relationships and I'm one of them, so this whole thing about guys not wanting a relationship or even to get married is a bunch of bullshit. Some women just have screwd up values. Like if I posted that I wanted a wife most the women will reply to the guy who's just looking to fool around...So its what a woman values that leads her to that guy who does not want relationships....Think about it, there are lots of fishes in the sea, why pick the one thats not going to want to be with you? but thats what some women do and then they complain about it like they did not have any choice...lol
 wiserd
Msg: 178
view profile
History
Posted: 12/4/2005 3:55:04 PM
I want a relationship. I'm just picky. Not looking for a **** buddy. Just someone blazingly intelligent and reasonably healthy with no kids yet. If that's too much to ask... well, I'll keep asking anyways.

Most of the guys who want that find it when they're younger and get hitched. Me, I've been traveling a bit and was shy when I was younger.

There are some psycho girls. There are probably at least as many psycho guys. And it's hard tying yourself to someone. You can't travel and not travel. You can't have kids and not have kids. You can't live simply and be career oriented. There are more qualifiers for a serious relationship. And of course, some guys just want to play the field. I don't count myself on that list.
 Funkadelick
Msg: 182
Posted: 12/11/2005 4:51:08 PM
Allow me to simultaneously answer your question, while totally blowing your mind apart.

Ready?

The answer to your question is as complicated to answer as it is easy. All modern empiracle evidence and statistics point to the obvious conclusions:

People are not getting married these days.
People are getting divorced much more.
Common law relationships are normal.
Single life is normal.
Families are diminishing.
Marriages are dimminishing.

These trends will correctly continue on this downward slope until the population is in a state where the "traditional" mindset is all by destroyed, making way for communism.

The % of single people today is like 500% higher than that prior to 60's (when "traditional" life was normal)

So the question must be asked: Where is this coming from?

Essentially, its an onslaught from the economic/financial point of view, as well as from thet social point of view.

The overall answer can and will be addressed to a common theme, which, once we analyze, we can come to some incredible conclusions.

The common theme, is Feminism.

This word in itself, properly studied and analyzed, can answer your question, although, you, the female population, and most of the general population does not and will not give into such a claim.

This mainly is resulting from the general populations ignorance, stupidity, cluelessness, and their willingness to consciously support the media.

Economically speaking, women entering the workforce dropped the wages of males amost in half. The most incredible thing about feminism in itself, is that women quite literally unaware that they literally traded becomming a slave to a husband, slave to a family and slave to kids, and traded this to become a slave to a company, a slave to a corporation and a slave to a 9-5 job.

This is exactly why "traditional" life was common, and marriages so common. There was a dependence. This balance was destroyed with feminism. Feminism automatically reduced the dependence a family (and wife) has on the male patriarch as stable head of hte household.

The collective of the family is then reduce to the individual. The dependence is reduced from the husband/family to the "state" (child day care, etc.)

The reality of Feminism is that it was nothing more than a program designed by communists. This may shock you, but what will shock you even more is all of you peoples inability to prove me wrong. All the initial feminist "leaders" were Jewish Communists. All of them had affiliation to the CPUSA (Communist Party USA).

This was right around the time the infamous Joe McCarthy said "Our government is full of communists". Yes the media ridiculed him; but did it prove him wrong? no.

The media in itself is privatley owned; unlike China and others, we unfortunatley do not have the luxury of having a state-owned media.

Our media is privatley owned by private banks. The media in the 60's was used to spread "progress" for the feminist revolution; Hollywood is under "their" control as was all major newspapers, magazines and TV/News outlets. No, this is not a joke, this is a proven fact.

This is why Leave it to Beaver, Brady Bunch and Cosby, traditional TV shows, were seemingly replaced, gradually, so that today we have TV shows promoting how "fun" and "normal" to be a feminist and to promote the benefits of single life and independence.

i.e. Ally McBeal, Friends, Sienfield, Sex in the City.

All promote single life; All promote feminist-orientated mentality's.

Can the ignorant masses understand what has happened?

No. They can only make threads like this questioning "Why don't we want relationships?"

Sad.
 Funkadelick
Msg: 183
Posted: 12/11/2005 4:55:23 PM
I forgot to add about the wages.

Example:

Man = 40/hr Women = 20/hr (man at work/ women at home)

AFTER FEMINISM:

Man = 20/hr Women = 20/hr

Conclusion for idiots unable to see what happened:

Its a fact that there was absolutley zero increase in the amount of currency put into circulation during the feminist "revolution"

This means, there was no "real" benefit to women entering the workforce. Say a family hypothetically had this situation. The women going to work for 20/hr and the male 20/hr are STILL only making total 40/hr (as was the case prior to feminism)

Women entering the workforce was of no benefit to the women, to the family, to the marriage, or to society.

The only REAL benefits were to communist principals (which hate family and marriage), corporations, capitalism, and the government since 2 people working is better than 1.

Did women see that they traded being a slave to family and kids, to become a slave to the government ?

Nope. Women only see whats on TV unfortunatley.

Sad little impressionable creatures, they really are.
 degostyle
Msg: 206
Posted: 4/12/2008 8:39:06 AM
Not all men want a fuk buddy. I personally think its frikin stupid becuae all you or the other person are doing is setting each other up for disappointment. One of you will end up wanting more while the other will not. More times than not, thats always the case. Now, I have been and always wanted a long term relationship, but unfortunently, I havent found it yet. Its not going to just fall into your lap. It can take a long time to find that one. You just have to be patient
 jacob8088
Msg: 211
Posted: 9/26/2009 5:07:49 PM
Speaking for myself...the reason why I'm not into LTR's is because sooner or later I'll get bored of the same thing. When I think of LTR'S, the first thing that comes to mind is marriage, which I can probably see happen at the end of the road.Assuming its a happy, normal relationship.

I like a variety of things, and committing myself to one girl just doesn't cut it for me. Least not for the time being.
Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  >