Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > British Columbia  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Páñ†hérrrrr64²°°¹™
Msg: 44
To Circumcise or Not to Circumcise?Page 4 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
Mot to mention that times change as do attitudes. What Dad/Uncle or Grandpa went through have no bearing of life today, just like attitudes toward folks with piercings and tats,... it all becomes subjective and what people get used to being exposed to and what part of the world you live in, so what if people are "different" ? We all are in some way or another,.... might as well learn it early on in life. Being "different" doesn't make you any less of a person.

I've known men that have had to get it done as adults because of problems. Which is worse, a pain you don't remember or as a man having to go through it.

no pain is fun at any stage of life but atleast as an adult whould one have to endure it they can ask for the appropriate amount of sedation and pain killers. As in all pain too we very shortly forget too. This too shall pass, and WHO says it is worse? just because the infant couldn't tell you???
 Captain Sargasmo
Msg: 47
To Circumcise or Not to Circumcise?
Posted: 11/17/2005 11:58:19 PM
so...if branding kids foreheads became a fad...would you make sure yours was branded too?

this debate is just plain silly. mutilating children shouldn't even be up for debate.

of the three doctors i consulted with before the birth of my daughter, two of them wouldn't do it, the other one would only do it if we insisted upon it.

needless to say, we had a daughter...so the point was moot...but after looking at the facts...not the opinions...but the facts surrounding circumcision, we saw that it's an unnecessary procedure, with no benefits...other than making it slightly easier for the person giving the baby a bath.

my point being, is that a person who's actually looked at the facts surrounding circumcision would never choose to have it done. it's the people who worry about teasing or "will he look like his daddy" who keep this barbaric form of torture alive.

so, go ahead...have your child "done". just make sure they inflict as much pain on you at the same time. that way, maybe you'll think about it before you do it.
 Páñ†hérrrrr64²°°¹™
Msg: 49
Posted: 11/18/2005 12:09:29 AM
of course you know many more men who are "cut" CP, you are in that age group that it was/is all the norm.

I wonder if someone cut a chunk of your skin off you'd think it was "just a piece of skin,. whoopie" ?????,
 Captain Sargasmo
Msg: 50
Posted: 11/18/2005 12:14:43 AM
so...because you chose to be pregnant...you can choose to make your baby go through unnecessary pain? something they have no control of? something they don't get a say in?

that just doesn't make sense to me.

absolutely my rights as a father are to make sure my daughter doesn't come to any harm while under my care...and while out of it if i can make that possible...and i do my damnedest to make sure that's the case.

just as your obligation as a mother is to see that your children don't experience harm while under your care. circumcision is unnecessary, and cosmetic, and therefore goes against those very tenets.

but, what's done is done...my hope is that future mothers are reading this, do the research, and favor the side of logic over some centuries-old primitive ritual.
 Captain Sargasmo
Msg: 52
Posted: 11/18/2005 12:17:30 AM
peach, don't mistake a "boo-boo" for the willful removal of a perfectly functional part of the human body.

*edit*

as to the "choices" bit...there's people out there who "choose" to beat their children...using your logic of "i birthed him, i can hurt him too", then child abuse is ok too?
 Páñ†hérrrrr64²°°¹™
Msg: 56
Posted: 11/18/2005 12:29:47 AM

... I was doing something that I thought was 'right'.... it was 10 yrs ago...
would you still make that same decision today though CP knowing more now? maybe maybe not? 'tis still your decision,. I respect that so don't think I am jumping on you,. I just wonder how many people would still choose it now today??
 Páñ†hérrrrr64²°°¹™
Msg: 69
Posted: 11/18/2005 12:30:27 PM
you could choose any topic that relates to parenting and what some folks deem as "correct" and a HUGE debate would ensue,...... smoking while pregnant, smoking while in a car with your children, speeding, seatbelt use, dirt bikes, pot use, etc. take your pick folks.It all comes down to what each person is comfortable with , legal or not, socially acceptable or not, medically proven or not.
 wade74
Msg: 72
Posted: 11/18/2005 9:27:04 PM
Thanks for the facts Seamusmac, at least somebody took the time to get the real facts and not let their emotions get in the way of pure logic. I'm cut and I love it, looks good and every partner I've had in my life that has been with uncut has told me they prefer the sensation much more with a cut man. And you know who could argue that cosmetically a cut penis is easier on the eyes. hey I'll even admit I had a not so perfect doc cut me and left me with slight curvature, but hey it only enhances the experience for her--Rubs her g-spot with no extra effort at all. Well that's my two bits.
 Captain Sargasmo
Msg: 75
Posted: 11/19/2005 1:58:15 PM
heh...i've been uncut all my life, and i've never, ever had an infection. if a woman has a yeast infection...yes...you can pass it back and forth...IF THE MAN DOESN'T WASH.

see...it comes down to hygene.

sure...if you don't wash, you'll get an infection. same deal with your face...don't wash it...pimples. it doesn't mean we should strip the skin off someone's face so they don't get pimples does it? i mean...we wouldn't want Johnny Pizza-Face to get teased in school, would we?

geez...i could start a new trend here...circumcized faces...

there's about as much medical reasoning behind either "head" being cut...
 Captain Sargasmo
Msg: 77
Posted: 11/19/2005 2:34:58 PM
well then, if it's not about cleanliness...what difference would foreskin make as to an infection...especially a bladder infection? sounds a little sketchy to me.

you asked about the two boys you knew who's foreskin became too tight? let's look at people who need their appendixes out. should we remove those at birth too? i've known a couple of people who've had to have theirs removed. how about tonsils? i mean...while we've got the scalpel out...might as well...

my grandfather died of cancer...started in his colon. we should probably remove colons before they become a problem as well.

following the logic of "something might go wrong, we should remove it!" is just plain silly. the human body is prone to problems...and yes, some people will experience one or more of those problems. the cure isn't to remove body parts before they malfunction, it's to treat the problem when it arises. i mean, if you were to use preventative medicine like that, we'd just be a bunch of heads in jars.

uh-oh...cancer of the brain...best take that out too!!
 Captain Sargasmo
Msg: 79
Posted: 11/19/2005 3:04:10 PM
it's not that you're "wrong" per se...

it's that it's unneccesary. this isn't africa, and i think you'll find our A.I.D.S. rate isn't even really comparable to Africa. we have condoms and sexual education.

like i said in a previous post, this isn't about convincing the people who had their children "cut" that their choice was wrong...but to hopefully educate future parents, that they might do the research on the subject instead of blindly doing it because generations before them did.
 gotu
Msg: 82
Posted: 11/24/2005 12:14:15 PM
Wow -how did I miss this thread? Must have taken the time to have a nap :P

I could care less either way. Good clean fun.

That being said - I have no children I have never had to make the decision on behalf of someone else. I have however had to help out a grandfather who had to be circumsized at the age of 65 because it stopped retracting properly... now that sucked for him and it took weeks in recovery. This will likely influence my decisions should I chose ot have children one day.
 ~JaneSays~
Msg: 86
Posted: 5/19/2009 9:14:57 PM
I would say go ahead and castrate.
 WesternWildRose
Msg: 88
view profile
History
Posted: 5/19/2009 10:44:32 PM
For the Record:

I am not circumcised!

I don't think it matters if a man is circumcised or not as long has he keeps his equipment clean an in good working order.

As for men getting circumcised at this age.... unless there is a medical condition that needs to be treated I really do think it is a bit too late in life to be getting it snipped back to please a woman or to look like your buddies.

As for boy babies being circumcised....between dad and mom for a decision..but the surgery is totally unnecessary.... I researched it a lot prior to all of my pregnancies.....I have 3 daughters btw...dodged that bullet. The Ex was in favour of the surgery.

If you are not Jewish or any other religion that deems it necessary to the faith..then don't do it.

NUFF SAID!
 WesternWildRose
Msg: 89
view profile
History
Posted: 5/19/2009 10:45:38 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ FOR THE RECORD ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I AM A WOMAN!

always have been.
Show ALL Forums  > British Columbia  >