Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 bootielicious
Msg: 51
view profile
History
Anyone ever met up from here and been dissapointed?Page 5 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
This thread was started 2 years ago!!!! I wonder if any of the originals have found someone from here and got married?

I have been to POF parties, but not met anyone from here one on one.
 Lorri55
Msg: 90
view profile
History
Anyone ever met up from here and been dissapointed?
Posted: 7/8/2008 3:32:56 PM
God yes!!!
And oh so many times I have to say....this may be too short for which I apologise
 MrP1963
Msg: 93
view profile
History
Posted: 7/10/2008 2:02:16 PM
Thanks guys, this is pretty useful to hear. I am new to all of this and so will need to manage my expectations I guess. Having said that, it is not easy to get to know people down a wire!

I joined this site, messaged someone really nice and she got back stright away and the messages have left me feeling optimistic.

Is part of the problem that one may have unrealistic expectations from the start. If you met someone in a pub or club you might just start off being friendly and then things can sort of happen. Does having covered some ground before leave you at a risk of grasping for something to talk about?
 Talk4England
Msg: 94
view profile
History
Posted: 7/10/2008 2:09:27 PM
Tigersox, there's your big mistake - don't take animals with you on a first date. Us men are suckers for a cute little doggie.
 Me-myself
Msg: 100
view profile
History
Posted: 3/18/2010 1:45:45 PM
Yes I have been dissapointed on some occassions but that is to be expected I suppose with internet dating~you can't tell until you meet no matter how well you get on on MSN etc..

I find that when you start exchanging messages with a person that is "new" to internet dating they always seem to think you are gonna be "the one" as they have no idea that people are DIFFERENT when you actually meet them or even if they are exactly like their profile the chemistry might be missing.. Bring back the Disco and dancing round your handbag whilst checking out the talent lol
 Strider886
Msg: 117
view profile
History
Posted: 3/19/2010 5:05:09 AM
I make it extremely clear what kind of person I am prior to meeting anyone, I think this approach allows them to open up more too. I don't want to meet someone based on lies.
 badge73
Msg: 126
view profile
History
Posted: 3/19/2010 1:44:53 PM
wonders why so many are posting about their bad dates? i mean should you be a bit more mature and handle it with a bit more dignity? lets face it, most on the site try and run before they can walk and then moan when its not perfect ....
 oggers
Msg: 136
view profile
History
Posted: 5/9/2010 12:42:49 PM
Yes I have !

And they have all been absolutely splendid !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 Strider886
Msg: 149
view profile
History
Posted: 5/11/2010 6:54:14 AM
I've also been disappointed with a few Little Mr-Let's-Talk-About-What-A-****-My-Ex-Is......

I should point out that as opposed to women, who talk about their relationship problems with eachother........ Men do not have anyone to talk these things through with, so if his wife ran off with the milkman and she was the only person he ever confided in for the past 20 years, then he's going to have to carry around all these bottled up negative emotions until he meets someone he can confide in again.
Trust me when I tell you how awful that is!! I know it's not nice, but I think you should make "some" reasonable allowances and remember they probably have nobody they can talk to on that level.
Men aren't robots, they do have emotions and feelings despite being brought up to hide them.
A little understanding please :\
 Strider886
Msg: 158
view profile
History
Posted: 5/11/2010 8:18:54 AM

but if the poor bloke is still dwelling on the Mrs running off 20 years

I didn't say anything about 20 years ago
 oggers
Msg: 183
view profile
History
Posted: 8/23/2010 4:22:14 AM
Yes I have met people from here ( forums and the dating side ) and have had the full range of experience -- delightful people to players and plain liars (described themselves as 47 actually 57 .. !), so yeah there have been some disappointments, and also some pleasant surprises too. I have also met the most amazing, delightful, gorgeous, adorable woman on here, but sadly she thinks I'm a minger !!! ;)

Any decent plastic surgeons, anyone ...??
 Jo van
Msg: 194
Posted: 8/25/2010 12:51:12 PM
I haven't read the entire thread, but I've been on more than several dates/meets so far, a few of them I've met more than once, and I may again.
But I've never yet been disappointed, because they were just 'explorations',
I had no expectations to be disappointed by...

You can only be disappointed, if you have expectations which aren't met.

If I thought I was going to meet Michelle Pfeifer, and Ann Widdicombe turned up,
I would be disappointed...
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  >