Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > What words can i use or say to bring my wife back home      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 YamIhere
Msg: 28
view profile
History
What words can i use or say to bring my wife back homePage 2 of 13    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13)
Now, I don't know the situation ... but what if she is fat and lazy?
 YamIhere
Msg: 33
view profile
History
What words can i use or say to bring my wife back home
Posted: 11/18/2005 12:42:43 PM
Carol,
Why bother?
 YamIhere
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Posted: 11/18/2005 12:50:27 PM
Exactly, Carol. There’s a few things you can’t do in life: You can’t live forever, you can’t coach speed or height and you can’t fix stupid.

To the OP ... dude, just let it go. If she’s going to come back it will be a decision she will make for herself. The more you push her, the further away she will get. She needs space and time. Give her that. If it doesn’t work, so be it. You can’t make someone do anything. If she loves you, she may come back.
 Cookiemel
Msg: 37
view profile
History
Posted: 11/18/2005 12:52:11 PM
Write a letter and send it to her expressing how DEEPLY sorry your are and that your shall NEVER and I mean NEVER, EVER treat her that way again. And when your say that in the letter, MEAN it. Thats all the best advice I can give ya as I have never been married before.

peace
MEL
 jamesxxx71
Msg: 38
Posted: 11/18/2005 12:59:18 PM
If I was her, I would not come back either. You see, she's been taking the abuse for some time, long or short, it doesn't matter. What matters is that you did not treat her right and that she remembers. All the excuses in the world will not make her forget the abuse. When you apologize and say you'll treat her like a queen, a little bell rings in her brain saying yeah right, for how long. You see, she doesn't beleive you and she isn't ready to endure such a treatment again, and good for her. Chances are that you got all the pretty talk out to bring her back. Next thing you know you'll be disrepecting her again, and that she knows... One thing would be to stop harassing her every single day too.
 stilllookingforyou2
Msg: 43
Posted: 11/18/2005 3:49:58 PM
You title made feel like telling you $##%&^& But,I felt like this before, and tried all I could as well. I'm afraid that as hard as it will be, you'll have to move on. In 6 months, may be a year, you'll see that it happened for a good reason. For now, just be strong, and leave her alone. You're gonna drive her further away...
 Bigger Guy
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Posted: 11/18/2005 4:09:03 PM
Not to be mean ..... but .... you screwed up Royally. It sounds like you have some issues which should be resolved before any relationship could go ahead, not just your present one. I have no idea if the issues are a result of the relationship (meaning there are many issues both ways) or in spite of the relationship, but it sounds to me like you were not too happy anyway and it is probably for the best. I would stop the calling and fighting or a restraining order could be in the works, if not by your wife, then by her family member she is with ... its their home first! It also looks VERY bad at court time!
Sit down and figure out when and where things went wrong ... its natural to think about the others faults first here, and then what contributed to them .... it is always a series of factors, some justified ... most not, that create the break. Your calling et cetera has probably sealed the fate ... maybe not, but probably.
Clean up your act personally, for YOURSELF, not for anyone else, then you will be ready to move on.
If she wants out, make it a clean and decent break ... respect her, if for no other reason, because she is your kids mother .... it will be better in the long run and your kids will have respect for you because of it.
My ex got pregnant by, and took off with her boyfriend, leaving me with the kids. Even though it was her choice and highly disruptive to the family, it was her decision alone. Even so, she still haunted me for the longest time ... driving by my house frequently, calling for no reason other than fighting and ridicule, but not offering help or anything .... God knows why?
I think she has many regrets now, the kids are grown now, she missed out .... what can be said. Don't let personal feelings of loss and injustice influence you now, just move on calmly and rationally .... Things do get better ... you have a difficult road ahead, just don't make it worse or let any else either!
I sincerely wish you well and I do not judge you.... life does go on and is what we make of it.
 Tinkle
Msg: 50
Posted: 11/19/2005 8:14:22 AM
""www.exback.com""

OMG. That is the biggest piece of crap I've ever seen. Cool. How'd you find it?
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > What words can i use or say to bring my wife back home